PDA

View Full Version : Have issues with Charter internet and accessing this site?

SixSquared
12-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Alright... after pitching a bitch fit to Charter, I've got a temporary fix (might be permanent, only time will tell) for the site not working with their server.

Their local/GA DNS Server does NOT work with this particular site. I had the tech report the issue, so hopefully after this there will be no further problems. But anyways... for immediate gratification, here's what you do.

WINDOWS:
In your system tray, by the clock on the lower right hand corner, you should see an icon of two little computer screens that are blinking. Hovering over the icon will give details about your internet connection**. Double click on it, and it pulls up a small window with your internet connection specs (speed, duration, upload/download numbers, etc). In the lower left hand side of the box you will see "Properties". Click it. It will pull up a window about more specific/advanced internet connection options. Single click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", then click "properties" just below and to the right of the nenu. This will pull up your IP and DNS menus. Both will probably be set to "Automatically detect". Leave the IP address box checked on auto detect. On DNS address, select "Use the following DNS server addresses". This will allow you to manually input the DNS address you want the computer to use. Under "Preferred DNS Address", input "209.225.8.42". Don't put anything in the secondary address box. Exit out of all windows, give your computer a moment, and voila! IA is back again for Charter peeps!

**If your computer does not have the little icon in the system tray, here's how to access the properties...

Start>Control Panel>Network connections (double click)>Double click whichever network is enabled and active. This will pull up the same window that double clicking the icon pulls up.

MACINTOSH:
I don't know Mac machines well at all, sadly. If anyone has a Mac and can figure out the keystrokes and commands to do this same operation, PLEASE share! It should be basically the same. Just make sure you're using the DNS address I mentioned.

RandomGuy
12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
... no never heard of such a thing [/sarcasm]

lol yeah there are issues right now... its been posted over and over

Rican219
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
:rly:

kilpatty43
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
it does it to me every other day...i can access one day but not the next...thus why im not on as much

Spyder
12-09-2005, 01:28 PM
... no never heard of such a thing [/sarcasm]

lol yeah there are issues right now... its been posted over and over

when i asked you about it you told me my computer was possesed , so dont act like you know shit lol. :rant:

Spyder
12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Alright... after pitching a bitch fit to Charter, I've got a temporary fix (might be permanent, only time will tell) for the site not working with their server.

Their local/GA DNS Server does NOT work with this particular site. I had the tech report the issue, so hopefully after this there will be no further problems. But anyways... for immediate gratification, here's what you do.

WINDOWS:
In your system tray, by the clock on the lower right hand corner, you should see an icon of two little computer screens that are blinking. Hovering over the icon will give details about your internet connection**. Double click on it, and it pulls up a small window with your internet connection specs (speed, duration, upload/download numbers, etc). In the lower left hand side of the box you will see "Properties". Click it. It will pull up a window about more specific/advanced internet connection options. Single click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", then click "properties" just below and to the right of the nenu. This will pull up your IP and DNS menus. Both will probably be set to "Automatically detect". Leave the IP address box checked on auto detect. On DNS address, select "Use the following DNS server addresses". This will allow you to manually input the DNS address you want the computer to use. Under "Preferred DNS Address", input "209.225.8.42". Don't put anything in the secondary address box. Exit out of all windows, give your computer a moment, and voila! IA is back again for Charter peeps!

**If your computer does not have the little icon in the system tray, here's how to access the properties...

Start>Control Panel>Network connections (double click)>Double click whichever network is enabled and active. This will pull up the same window that double clicking the icon pulls up.

MACINTOSH:
I don't know Mac machines well at all, sadly. If anyone has a Mac and can figure out the keystrokes and commands to do this same operation, PLEASE share! It should be basically the same. Just make sure you're using the DNS address I mentioned.
Thanks for that informantion, I knew it was a DNS error but I didnt know what addy to change the DNS server to. Thanks alot! +10

HyPer50
12-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Guess thats why I couldn't get on IA last weekend.

imbosile
12-09-2005, 06:17 PM
wow thanks man, ive been having hella problems.

AznTraitor
12-09-2005, 07:35 PM
wow thanks man, ive been having hella problems.

no, that is god's way of telling you that he hates you.

Rican219
12-09-2005, 08:00 PM
They still suck azz

imbosile
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
no, that is god's way of telling you that he hates you.

yep

AznTraitor
12-09-2005, 08:10 PM
yep

so where you been nancy boy? I see that you are skeered to come out and play anymore....what's the matter? mommy limits your internet time now?

SEAN
12-10-2005, 01:19 AM
glad I'm not the only one...I have been having the same problems with this forum and another local one...I have had Charter for the last 6 years and never had a problem till this week...not sure why that is but fixed for the moment...

RandomGuy
12-10-2005, 01:24 AM
when i asked you about it you told me my computer was possesed , so dont act like you know shit lol. :rant:
mofo u never said u had charter... lol
and by charter i thought you meant the rehabilitation institute, if you did mention it.

lol but discussion aside, your computer DOES have issues lol... really some type of setting in ur IE or mozilla, its caching shit or something.

Vuongy_Dong
12-10-2005, 02:03 AM
it happened several times to me this week. thought i got banned or something.lol