PDA

View Full Version : 3 different grind tones at different times... uh oh

Scrappy
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
First one - throw out bearing definately but I have been told its strange that it hasnt gone out yet because of the fact i do not baby it and am used to it but when i let my car idle for a period of more than 10 minutes it gets increasingly louder and kinda makes me alittle weirded out.

second one is only in 2nd gear. its a deep grind noise at all RPMs in second even when downshifting.

third is even just rolling with clutch in and even in neutral rolling. have been told by a few different people so many different things it could be i cant even remember them to list...

question is WHO THE HELL CAN DIAGNOSE THIS DAMN THING WITH A STRAIGHT ANSWER? :( I want to fix things but am not going to just start replacing part after part.

BTEC
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
i bet ur input shaft bearing is bad. mine went bad in my d15. sounded like a helicopter. as u get further through the gears the noise got quieter. in 5th i really didnt hear it ne more.

Scrappy
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
nope it keeps same pitch throughout all gears once rolling.

IntegraXTR
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
why not just get a new tranny?

BTEC
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM
nope it keeps same pitch throughout all gears once rolling.
dayum!! back to the drawing board. Or u can get a new tranny like ^ stupid said. lol!!

The Yousef
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
yeah...her car is a symphony of random noises...whoever can diagnoses the problems...gets rep points from me :goodjob:

Scrappy
12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
k some people cannot read. i asked what exactly it is, so that i do not have to replace that due to a build coming up at the mid year... thanks though i know that ;) I am not a idiot.

BTEC
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
bring it out and ill see if i can figure it out, i aint sked.

Speedm0(\)key
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
sounds like a dying shaft bearing

dereksi
12-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I dont think anybody can exactly diag a "strange noise" over the internet. Something like a noise or feeling should really be felt or heard in person to fix the problem. If anybody can fix the "noise" over the internet they would be worth there wait in gold to ANY shop.lol

Scrappy
12-09-2005, 11:32 PM
umm derek where did i ask if they can over the internet, i described it so that they know what to listen for. once again i am not that stupid
and have had it at 3 shops and all said something different... whole reason i want a few opinions on it so that i do not have to replace 30 things when it can be limited to what needs to be replaced. :goodjob: on trying to make me look like a dumbass... didnt work