PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Obama

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Now I have to divorce my wife and marry a toaster.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/89eb787267d41fd3ec908ee64b71804d/tumblr_mi4iueVwMo1rxf7n9o1_500.jpg

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Anything that is a waste of money and a fuck you to Christianity, Obama fully supports.

Maybe, hopefully, this is one step closer to the government removing itself from marriage. Of course that wont happen during Obama's term, it makes too much sense. Gotta admit, it was a pretty sweet trick how Democrats made a law, then also played the hero by removing said law. Manufactured crisis, the lifeblood of government.

in other news....

http://media1.policymic.com/site/articles/50989/1_photo.jpg

Now if Zimmerman is found innocent, which is very likely to happen.... the selective racial outrage machine will be in a frenzy.

Vteckidd
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) (Pub.L. 104–199, 110 Stat. 2419, enacted September 21, 1996, 1 U.S.C. § 7 and 28 U.S.C. § 1738C) is a United States federal law that allows states to refuse to recognize same-sex marriages performed under the laws of other states and, until a portion of the act (Section 3) was ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 26, 2013, restricted federal marriage benefits. The law passed both houses of Congress by large majorities and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 21, 1996. Section 3 of DOMA had codified the non-recognition of same-sex marriages for all federal purposes, including insurance benefits for government employees, Social Security survivors' benefits, immigration, and the filing of joint tax returns.

Passed by Democrats, repeal applauded by Democrats. Go figure. And they call the GOP anti gay?

Browning151
06-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Of course ol Slick Willy and Hillary had to issue a statement today:

"By overturning the Defense of Marriage Act, the Court recognized that discrimination towards any group holds us all back in our efforts to form a more perfect union. We are also encouraged that marriage equality may soon return to California. We applaud the hard work of the advocates who have fought so relentlessly for this day, and congratulate Edie Windsor on her historic victory."

'Spose he forgot he's the one that signed DOMA in the first place.

Bacon
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
What does GOP stand for? I am politically illiterate.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 02:55 PM
What does GOP stand for? I am politically illiterate.

Gods Ordained People

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Greed Oppressing People

Gas and Oil Profiteers

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Good for Only Profiting

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Greed Oppressing People

Gas and Oil Profiteers

The selective outrage of the hive mind.

Ignorance is bliss and i'm sure you're having a wonderful day.

Bacon
06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Gods Ordained People

Greed Oppressing People

Gas and Oil Profiteers

Good for Only Profiting

Seems legit.

So, what does it actually stand for?

Vteckidd
06-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Grand Ole Party. No seriously that is what it stands for.

Blank you have to admit the selective outrage is just laughable at this point. Clinton signed it into law in the first place, and Obama didnt switch views until he figured out he could get poitical points for it.

This was signed in 1996! not 50 years ago, it was less than 20 years ago!

Im glad they struck it down because the Feds have no interest in being involved in marriage defintiions, its a states rights issue. But its just comical the Democrats are acting like they championed this cause when they were the ones who FUCKING SIGNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Bacon
06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Grand Ole Party

Seems kinda strange for a political party but alrighty then.

Matt300ZXT
06-26-2013, 03:11 PM
The term GOP was coined a loooong time ago, when words like Grand Ole Party were relevant.

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Blank you have to admit the selective outrage is just laughable at this point. Clinton signed it into law in the first place, and Obama didnt switch views until he figured out he could get poitical points for it.

Im glad they struck it down because the Feds have no interest in being involved in marriage defintiions, its a states rights issue. But its just comical the Democrats are acting like they championed this cause when they were the ones who FUCKING SIGNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The mistake you're making is expecting honesty or integrity from democrats.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Blank you have to admit the selective outrage is just laughable at this point. Clinton signed it into law in the first place, and Obama didnt switch views until he figured out he could get poitical points for it.Who's outraged? There's a bunch of gays on my facebook that seem pretty thrilled about the decision.

Instead of selective outrage, do you mean flip flopping?

So you're saying all democrats actually don't think alike? This is remarkable news! We must tell everyone! It's as if someone changed their mind and decided oppressing gays wasnt really beneficial to the federal interests anymore. Gasp!

/s

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Who's outraged?

So you're saying all democrats actually don't think alike? This is remarkable news! We must tell everyone! It's as if someone changed their mind and decided oppressing gays wasnt really beneficial to the federal interests anymore. Gasp!

/s

Manufactured crisis, democrats create a problem.... then pretend to have the solution to that problem and their mindless legion of devoted followers like yourself eat from their hand.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Manufactured crisis, democrats create a problem.... then pretend to have the solution to that problem and their mindless legion of devoted followers like yourself eat from their hand.

You're so adorable with your two party politics. So naive.

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:26 PM
You're so adorable with your two party politics. So naive.

Says the loyal democrat to the person with no political allegiance.

apologies for not fitting the conservative mold from the handbook i assume Al Sharpton hand delivers to every black person in america.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Says the loyal democrat to the person with no political allegiance.

apologies for not fitting the conservative mold from the handbook i assume Al Sharpton hand delivers to every black person in america.

You do know I voted for Romney this past election, right?

bu villain
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Passed by Democrats, repeal applauded by Democrats. Go figure. And they call the GOP anti gay?

When they call the GOP anti gay, they are referring to 2013 not 1996. DOMA was passed bipartisanly. Democrats and Republicans used to both be anti-gay marriage, now only the GOP is. Democrats admitted they were wrong on the subject, why is that a bad thing? Why can't they applaud the repeal of policies they no longer believe in? If a Replublican wants to applaud it too, great! I'm not going to denigrate them for not holding on to past beliefs.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 03:32 PM
^^ Conservatives (at least, real conservatives) should be applauding this decision.

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
You do know I voted for Romney this past election, right?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3659383808/h11E14647/

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
^^ Conservatives (at least, real conservatives) should be applauding this decision.

So far everyone has...... theyre just pointing out the irony of democrats "spiking the football" on repealing one of their own laws.

I dont think the government should have anything to do with marriage period.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
So far everyone has...... theyre just pointing out the irony of democrats "spiking the football" on repealing one of their own laws.

The only one spiking the football are gays. This would have been repealed with or without Obama in office. Democrats had nothing to do with it.

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
The only one spiking the football are gays. This would have been repealed with or without Obama in office. Democrats had nothing to do with it.

I'm sure they will echo that statement on the campaign trail.

bu villain
06-26-2013, 03:47 PM

All republicans are hailing the end of DOMA? Really? Or just the ones you consider "real conservatives".?

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
All republicans are hailing the end of DOMA? Really? Or just the ones you consider "real conservatives".?

I wasnt speaking for republicans.... speaking to those who entered this thread and commented.

Obviously gay marriage is not something the republican party believes in, based on their core values. I personally could care less what gay people do, i view this as a victory for freedom rather than a victory for homosexuals. While i dont support gay marriage, i support people's right to do things that i do not support.

The real benefit to this is that maybe it will make the government decide to just remove its hand from all marriage, you know... since that's the only reason this is an issue to begin with..... federal benefits. That's what theyre fighting for. Not the right to be together, live together, love each other... ect ect.... but the right to receive federal financial benefits. Another example of manufactured crisis.

BanginJimmy
06-26-2013, 05:11 PM

Republicans are certainly not happy about this ruling. Either are the bible thumpers. Conservatives, at least social conservatives, are happy about it.

Sinfix is correct though. This fight had nothing to do with gay rights. It has everything to do with money. Tax benefits, SS benefits, employment benefits, and on and on.

Derp
06-26-2013, 06:55 PM
who gives a shit, its all a distraction from way bigger problems.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 07:02 PM
who gives a shit, its all a distraction from way bigger problems.

That's what I'm saying! Who gives a fuck about equality, right? Just a distraction from the important things like the couple dollars missing from my paycheck. Those are the real issues.

/s

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
That's what I'm saying! Who gives a fuck about equality, right? Just a distraction from the important things like the couple dollars missing from my paycheck. Those are the real issues.

/s

Equality is decided by who does and does not receive government benefits? if so, where is my equality????? Where is the equality between the tax payer and the tax burden? is equality a commodity for the government to control?

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Equality is decided by who does and does not receive government benefits? if so, where is my equality????? Where is the equality between the tax payer and the tax burden? is equality a commodity for the government to control?

No. Equality means everyone receiving the same government benefit, and is not discriminated against based on race, gender or sexual orientation

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 07:49 PM
No. Equality means everyone receiving the same government benefit, and is not discriminated against based on race, gender or sexual orientation

So would there be any equality issue if not for the government offering or refusing benefits to begin with?

Is it logical to say that the government is completely responsible for this "crisis" ?

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 08:05 PM
come on blank, you can do it...
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT27tGSgwqG1OElkzfMpK5BM9ikWh7Lb qFXx1i9QcyhYaGE5Gxz

Echonova
06-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Here's my problem with today's decision...

The government cannot arbitrarily redefine an institution it did not create.

On the upside, my 3 wives can now receive all the benefits they are entitled to.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Here's my problem with today's decision...

The government cannot arbitrarily redefine an institution it did not create.
I don't see how today's decision did that.

Echonova
06-26-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't see how today's decision did that.Sadly, I agree with this statement.

Western.
06-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Im not much into politics myself, but when I do pay attention, it's for stupid stuff like this. Im all for equality, but Im also for a government that's for the people and not for re-election. I say, kick them all out and get some brand new blood in there.

Echonova
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Im not much into politics myself, but when I do pay attention, it's for stupid stuff like this. Im all for equality, but Im also for a government that's for the people and not for re-election. I say, kick them all out and get some brand new blood in there.Politics nowadays is just Hollywood for ugly people. Unfortunately unlike Hollywood, what they do can actually affect your life.

Western.
06-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Politics nowadays is just Hollywood for ugly people. Unfortunately unlike Hollywood, what they do can actually affect your life.

That's a pretty accurate way to put it. Kudos.

.blank cd
06-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Politics nowadays is just Hollywood for ugly people.

Obama's not a bad lookin dude.

Echonova
06-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Obama's not a bad lookin dude.That's why his popularity remains so high. It's become American Idol, you don't actually need talent/skill to win.

But when I posted what I did earlier, I was thinking more of Skeletor... I mean Nancy Pelosi

Or John McCain. Take your pick.

David88vert
06-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Sinfix_15
06-30-2013, 06:33 AM
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/gas_prices_when_obama_took_office_10-5-12.jpg

C230K
06-30-2013, 10:02 PM

Sinfix_15
07-01-2013, 03:01 AM

Obama holding the football backwards..... no surprise here, he seems to do everything else backwards.