PDA

View Full Version : would you ever ride again after almost being killed in an accident

Derp
06-25-2013, 07:33 PM
like the title says would you ride again after you got seriously fucked up in a motorcycle accident. like 5 years of recovery. brain injury. fractured neck, collapsed lung. would you ride again or be to scared to

Sinfix_15
06-25-2013, 07:38 PM
The key is to not get fucked up in an accident.

Derp
06-25-2013, 07:55 PM
The key is to not get fucked up in an accident.

true but you can't do anything about minding your own business at a red light when al of a sudden you get rear ended by some punk ass kid not paying attention.

speed_ga
06-25-2013, 11:09 PM
like the title says would you ride again after you got seriously fucked up in a motorcycle accident. like 5 years of recovery. brain injury. fractured neck, collapsed lung. would you ride again or be to scared to

if the above happened to me...I would never ride again.

If I broke a arm or leg or some road rash...i'd get back on.

Vteckidd
06-26-2013, 12:50 AM
true but you can't do anything about minding your own business at a red light when al of a sudden you get rear ended by some punk ass kid not paying attention.

why is it any different than in a car? Would you drive again after being in a car accident with the same scenario?

Hermin
06-26-2013, 01:28 AM
why is it any different than in a car? Would you drive again after being in a car accident with the same scenario?

Great post. Of course it would take some practice and time, but yes I would.

Sinfix_15
06-26-2013, 08:10 AM

actually you can........ most motorcycle accidents are rear end collisions..... split lanes.

Derp
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM

In a car you have airbags and metal protecting you. my friend had nothing protecting him but a helmet and a jacket. and being a PTA I work with people who have to go go through therapy to be able to drive again mentally after a accident. shits fucked up.

Vteckidd
06-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes I could, because I believe if im meant to go im meant to go.

However, riding a motorcycle takes a certain level of responsibility. Not saying your friend didnt have any, but it means you always have to be aware, constantly scanning and thinking worst case scenario. Actually being a motorcycle rider has made me a much better driver. Im constantly scanning my surroundings

Bacon
06-26-2013, 02:45 PM
I would. I have wrecked bikes in the past. I stay optimistic and realize that it could have been worse. If I am walking, talking, and able to coherently understand with no mental deficit then I am riding. I have transported bodies post motorcycle vs car ( one the other day actually ) and even that doesn't stop me.

eraser4g63
06-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Shit happens.... Get up dust off do it again.