PDA

View Full Version : TEBOW TO THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.............

Vteckidd
06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
For me, GREAT MOVE. Theres NO WAY hes being groomed to become a QB when we have Ryan Mallet waiting in the wings. Tebow must have been sold on

A) Staying in the league
B) Hes not going to play QB although he will be able to learn from one of the greatest to play the game
C) BB sold him on special teams/TE/HB

Thoughts?

Browning151
06-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Someone's gotta keep the bench warm for Brady.

I'm with you on the possible position change. Don't really see room for him at qb behind Brady and Mallet

Sinfix_15
06-10-2013, 07:27 PM
The best thing that could have possibly happened to Tebow. If Brady cant teach him the right way to play QB, nobody can. Brady is also not intimidated by any man walking the face of the planet, so he will have no issues with taking Tebow under his wing. Brady wouldnt care if Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan were sitting on the bench... he knows that's where theyre going to stay. There's no QB controversy in New England.

In the mean time.... New England just picked up a dynamic redzone threat and a character builder in the locker room. I dont think Bill picked him up as a future heir to Brady, he undoubtedly has plans for him now, so i expect some type of TE/RB scheme. Either way, for the first time in Tebow's career he is going to get an up close and personal look at what a QB is supposed to look like.... hopefully he learns everything he can from him and makes the most of the experience.

Any wrinkle added to the already complex Pats offense for defenses to prepare for is a plus. Also, a recent story that never got much airtime..... Steve Young, a big critic of Tebow who often seems offended by the comparisons.... recent went out to evaluate Tebow's mechanics at drills, his response was "Wow.... the mechanical problems are gone"

Ordering jersey the second they become available. Tebow's career began by being a cog in the machine on another QB's national championship team.

Vteckidd
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Im very excited because Tebow will not become the subject of fodder and national attention under the Kraft organization. If there is anyone who doesnt tolerate a media circus its Bill Belichick. Tebow will finally get the chance to be a football player, not a gimmick.

The man has talent, I think BB is the one to show him how to use that talent. Tebow would be an absolute monster in the Danny Woodhead role.

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Tebow will finally get the chance to be a football player, not a gimmick.

If you're right, and I'm really putting emphasis on the "if," it will be a while before Tebow becomes more of a football player than a gimmick.

Sinfix_15
06-11-2013, 07:22 AM
If you're right, and I'm really putting emphasis on the "if," it will be a while before Tebow becomes more of a football player than a gimmick.

Hold up now.... this aint no gimmick. You act as if Tebow isnt a Heisman trophy winning multi time national champion with a winning record in the NFL.

Just get used to it QD... ive said it before, Tebow aint going anywhere.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LY081VQqMY0

Sinfix_15
06-11-2013, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nq-V5_OoObU

Sammich
06-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Tebow will not, apparently be a QB now... Bill has something else in store for him

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 09:04 AM
They are listing him as a QB on the depth chart , but im sure that is not to cause controversy. We have shopped Ryan Mallet for draft picks before, but i dont see him going anywhere personally. Brady prob only has 2-3 seasons left.

Tebow may be an understudy, but I see him in different packages depending on how he learns the system.

Sammich
06-11-2013, 10:44 AM
They are listing him as a QB on the depth chart , but im sure that is not to cause controversy. We have shopped Ryan Mallet for draft picks before, but i dont see him going anywhere personally. Brady prob only has 2-3 seasons left.

Tebow may be an understudy, but I see him in different packages depending on how he learns the system.

saying Brady has 2-3 seasons left is like saying Manning shoulda retired after neck surgery...i think Brady has more time left, unless he get's really screwed up from a hit on the field. but good luck to Tebow...i dont see him doing anything aside from saving Brady in teh preseason

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Brady will be 36 by the time the season starts. Name me a productive QB past 39 (besides Brett Favre). Brady isnt nearly as mobile as even Favre was in his late 30s. Which is a blessing and a curse. If they keep the O Line stacked he can prob play till 40. But even then, at that age, 1 big hit and its over.

Ryan Mallet has always been our Heir to the Brady Throne, but Belichick is such a good judge of talent, I wouldnt be surprised to see him take a shot at Tebow , it would be the ultimate snub to the Jets and John Elway. But Mallet is a pure QB, I see tebow being used in TE packages and goal line stances. Go for 2 on every play

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Advanced NFL Stats: How Quarterbacks Age (http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/08/how-quarterbacks-age.html)
Its a little complicated reading, but basically past age 36-39, they drop off, SIGNIFICANTLY. Mainly because many at that age will leave for the comfy broadcast booth or FO job due to injury or rehab etc. But, most QBs are on their way out at 35-36. Average age of a Starting QB is 26.

Sammich
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
is Peyton counterproductive? you claim Brett as productive w/ all the interceptions he tossed?

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
is Peyton counterproductive? you claim Brett as productive w/ all the interceptions he tossed?

Peyton is 37, not 39-40.

maybe you missed Favres season at 39 where he set all kinds of records and made it to the NFC Championship game.

The Vikings finished 12-4 and advanced to the NFC Championship game, ultimately losing in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints.[89] Despite the loss, Favre set playoff records for pass completions and passing yards previously held by Joe Montana

He was an OT away from making the SB, his career for me ended with an interception IIRC in that game.

Again, Brady is 36, stats show that QB production plummets after that age. 2-3 seasons he is 39. You telling me Brady will play till 40,41,42? NAME ME 1 QB who was productive past that age besides Favre (who actually had a TERRIBLE season at 40).

Brady has 2-3 seasons TOPS at ELITE status. Maybe less IMO. Peyton has less time than Brady IMO. I think Peyton may have 2 seasons tops left at a very very high level.

Browning151
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Brady has 2-3 seasons TOPS at ELITE status. Maybe less IMO. Peyton has less time than Brady IMO. I think Peyton may have 2 seasons tops left at a very very high level.

Right there. It's not whether he can still play til he's 40, but how long he can keep his level of playing going. I think I would rather go out on top and looking good than to stay around until you are a joke like Favre did.

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Tim Tebow Feels Honored to Be With Patriots, Work With Bill Belichick and Tom Brady | New England Patriots | NESN.com (http://nesn.com/2013/06/tim-tebow-feels-honored-to-be-with-patriots-work-with-bill-belichick-tom-brady/)

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Right there. It's not whether he can still play til he's 40, but how long he can keep his level of playing going. I think I would rather go out on top and looking good than to stay around until you are a joke like Favre did.

Favre was a joke because of how he acted like a diva. He robbed himself of prob 2-3 great seasons. the jets was a wash/terrible team. The Vikings at 39 he was as good as anyone else in the league in 09. at 40, age caught up with him IMO.

Sinfix_15
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I dont see Mallet as the heir to the thrown....... He's talented, but i dont see him being the type of player the Patriots invest in as a long term prospect. He's been there 3 years and is 1-4 for 17 yards with 1 interception.

Sinfix_15
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
The Patriots dont just do things for the fuck of it. Theyre not the NY Jets. This isnt a media stunt or a gimmick. If BB didnt see anything he liked, he wouldnt have picked Tebow up. BB wouldnt pick up a QB to play RB, he wouldnt pick up a QB to play TE.....

Day 1 practice = Tebow only took reps as a QB.

It is what it is.... to those of you who dont believe Tebow can play QB...... BB does.

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Mallett has actually played mostly in Pre-Season, and his numbers have been good. Scouting report on him last 2 years has been excellent, and, Belichick doesnt just keep 2nd stringers around for no reason.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/692701-nfl-2011-draft-74th-pick-the-most-talked-about-pick-in-the-draft-ryan-mallett

Mallett is actually good enough that we have had multiple offerings for him in the form of draft picks.
Report: 'Multiple teams' called Patriots about Ryan Mallett trade - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22138887/report-multiple-teams-called-patriots-about-ryan-mallett-trade)

But, bringing in Tebow could be a bait an switch , trade Mallett for.....................keep tebow who is cheaper. No idea.

I see Tebow being used in some other form, not QB. Pats didnt need a 3rd String QB with Tebows named attached to it.

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 07:25 PM
I dont see Mallet as the heir to the thrown....... He's talented, but i dont see him being the type of player the Patriots invest in as a long term prospect. He's been there 3 years and is 1-4 for 17 yards with 1 interception.

The only way Mallett isnt the heir is if Brady plans to play another 5-6 years like Sammich said. Then, at that point, he will be entering age 27/28. Why keep someone on the sidelines that long. Usually 2nd string Qbs rotate out after 3-4 years.

At one point though he was the heir to the throne. ALl depends on how long brady can stay healthy.

quickdodgeŽ
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Hold up now.... this aint no gimmick. You act as if Tebow isnt a Heisman trophy winning multi time national champion with a winning record in the NFL.

Lolol. His NFL career has been much more of a gimmick than a pro football career. As far as what I'm acting like, I'm not acting like anything. I'm just voicing my opinion on his NFL "career." Not his college days. Two totally different eras in his life, sir.

Vteckidd
06-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Tebow participated in Tuesday's practice solely as a quarterback, but Hernandez said he was unsure of Tebow's role going forward.

"There's a reason why he's here. I actually don't now the reason yet but we'll see," Hernandez said. "I'm sure he'll be doing a few things here. That's up to Bill Belichick."

Kinda cryptic from your starting TE.

BB was non committal on Tebows role as well

Sammich
06-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Brady has more than 2-3 years unless a significant injury gets him...he'll end up leaving the same way Manning left the colts. Tebow is nothing but a project to the Pats...they dont have this guy down w/ any guaranteed money to a 2 year contract............

Vteckidd
06-12-2013, 11:58 AM
of course hes a project.............

Bradys career will be over in the next 2-3 seasons, QUOTE ME.

Aeroscout977
06-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Wont surprise me if he takes that #2 spot. The man can put work in.

Sinfix_15
06-13-2013, 07:22 AM
of course hes a project.............

Bradys career will be over in the next 2-3 seasons, QUOTE ME.

The history book wont tell the story this way because it will mostly remember wins and losses and not how they came to be.....

but Brady SHOULD be 5-0 in superbowls.... and SHOULD be regarded as the best QB to ever play the game..... that's how i will remember him, and i'm a huge Joe Montana fan.

I agree that Brady is done in 2-3.... he has nothing else to prove, he's just too damn good to quit yet.

Sinfix_15
06-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Wont surprise me if he takes that #2 spot. The man can put work in.

The Patriots dynasty is sitting on the shoulders of a 6th round draft pick. I assure you, if there's any team in the NFL that doesnt care what the "experts" have to say about a player.... its the New England Patriots.

They will give him every chance to succeed. Now it's time for Tebow to take advantage of the opportunity.

Aeroscout977
06-13-2013, 07:52 AM
The Patriots dynasty is sitting on the shoulders of a 6th round draft pick. I assure you, if there's any team in the NFL that doesnt care what the "experts" have to say about a player.... its the New England Patriots.

They will give him every chance to succeed. Now it's time for Tebow to take advantage of the opportunity.

Exactly the Pats were the best place he could go. Rex Ryan refused to play him because he knew he'd lose his ass for sticking with Sanchez all season. Tim got the shaft(and understandable one) in Denver and never even had a real opportunity in NY. With a Team First mentality He'll get serious looks where he is now.

Vteckidd
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
The best thing about NE, which you guys already stated, is Tebow will finally get to be a football player. No circus, no gimmicks, no foreshadowing. He will be able to compete and see where he stands.

quickdodgeŽ
06-13-2013, 09:52 PM
The best thing about NE, which you guys already stated, is Tebow will finally get to be a football player. No circus, no gimmicks, no foreshadowing. He will be able to compete and see where he stands.

Like I said, the circus and gimmicks and especially foreshadowing are already here. What he needs to do is shed all that. If he can do that, it won't be in one season. Or at least not this one seeing as how Mr. Brady is still lighting it up. I just wonder with all this time passing by without consistent playing, is Tebow running out of time? What do you think, Mike?

Now I'm neither a supporter nor do I dislike the guy. I have nothing vested in the guy so I don't care either way how/what he does.

Aeroscout977
06-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Tebow's history as far as training and work ethic goes would tell me he hasn't been idle very long. The training he can receive under Brady will be great for him. If he makes 2nd QB and can just learn this whole season then he'll be set and I think he'll be something NE wants to hang on to. The drive the man has late in the game will be invaluable. He's a 4th quarter monster and that's been proven.

quickdodgeŽ
06-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Tebow's history as far as training and work ethic goes would tell me he hasn't been idle very long.

Training and consistent game play are two different things.

He's a 4th quarter monster and that's been proven.

Eh.

Sinfix_15
06-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Training and consistent game play are two different things.

Eh.

Highest QB rating in NCAA history. Lead the 4-12 Broncos to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Jets didnt let him play otherwise they may have suffered the same fate.

Aeroscout977
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
You can't fault him for consistent game play. That was all Rex Ryan's doing. He praised Sanchez until the cows came home and refused to put Tebow in to save his job.

quickdodgeŽ
06-14-2013, 08:05 PM
You can't fault him for consistent game play. That was all Rex Ryan's doing. He praised Sanchez until the cows came home and refused to put Tebow in to save his job.

I didn't put fault anywhere or on anyone. I simply stated what is fact. Whoever's fault it is doesn't matter. Point blank, he didn't get consistent game time.

Sinfix_15
06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Authentic-NFL-Tim-Tebow-New-England-Patriots-Game-Jersey-Navy-Blue-SIZE-SZ-NWT-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/gpoAAMXQWlFRug~9/$(KGrHqJHJCoFE1zvFcszBRug+9rmZw~~60_3.JPG

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2013, 12:59 PM

Not in New England anyway, huh, my friend?

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Not in New England anyway, huh, my friend?

Tebow wont quit..... Steve Young suffered the same fate before going on to be one of the best QBs in history.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Tebow wont quit..... Steve Young suffered the same fate before going on to be one of the best QBs in history.

I'm not saying he's quitting. Just bringing up his release from the Patriots. And I don't see Mr. Tebow coming anywhere near Mr. Young's status. Also, Steve Young didn't suffer the same fate at all as Tebow.

But I am on the same page as you with Young being one of the greatest in the league.

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm not saying he's quitting. Just bringing up his release from the Patriots. And I don't see Mr. Tebow coming anywhere near Mr. Young's status. Also, Steve Young didn't suffer the same fate at all as Tebow.

But I am on the same page as you with Young being one of the greatest in the league.

Young didnt make it as an NFL QB his first go around, he had to polish his skills in the CFL. That's the only comparison i'm making.

Very few people will ever reach Young's status.... his stats dont tell you how great he was. I remember watching Steve Young like it was yesterday, he was an amazing player.

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 01:30 PM
I think Tebow's problems are all related to his intelligence. He's always relied on brawn over brains. He's also lived a very sheltered lifestyle being a home schooled religious fanatic. Physically, he has all of the tools.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Young didnt make it as an NFL QB his first go around, he had to polish his skills in the CFL. That's the only comparison i'm making.

Young never played in the CFL. He didn't try to go to NFL, either. He signed right out of BYU to a USFL team in Los Angeles. He did lead that team to the playoffs that year, but after the next year, the league went under. He was then drafted by Tampa Bay in a special draft, if I recall right, for USFL players. Then traded a year or so later over to San Fran.

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Young never played in the CFL. He didn't try to go to NFL, either. He signed right out of BYU to a USFL team in Los Angeles. He did lead that team to the playoffs that year, but after the next year, the league went under. He was then drafted by Tampa Bay in a special draft, if I recall right, for USFL players. Then traded a year or so later over to San Fran.

Not getting drafted = didnt make it. CFL, USFL, ect ect = "Not NFL league"

Anyways, i'll believe Tebow's football career is over when he says "i give up"

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Not getting drafted = didnt make it. CFL, USFL, ect ect = "Not NFL league"

With me not knowing the situation behind his joining the USFL over the NFL, I can't make the determination that he didn't make it. I mean he was offered, right out of college, a 10 year/$40mil contract to the USFL. You an I both know that no team in the NFL would have done that. And this was in the early 1980s. But again, I don't know.

Anyways, i'll believe Tebow's football career is over when he says "i give up"

I never said he was through with the NFL. I simply stated that what he does next won't be in New England (as far as we know).

D3UC3S
08-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Hahaha. Poor crybaby Tebo. I love watching ex gators fail!

90_ACCORD
08-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I never said he was through with the NFL. I simply stated that what he does next won't be in New England (as far as we know).

Well no doubt your right about that one

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Hahaha. Poor crybaby Tebo. I love watching ex gators fail!

http://www.haku.co.uk/b3ta/WolverineAngry.gif

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 06:24 PM
With me not knowing the situation behind his joining the USFL over the NFL, I can't make the determination that he didn't make it. I mean he was offered, right out of college, a 10 year/$40mil contract to the USFL. You an I both know that no team in the NFL would have done that. And this was in the early 1980s. But again, I don't know.

I dont remember the details before he was on the bucs. I remember hating him and thinking he sucked as a bucs fan, then thinking the 49ers were idiots for letting him replace montana.

Sinfix_15
08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
I expect the Bills to be Tebow's next destination.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2013, 06:50 PM
I dont remember the details before he was on the bucs. I remember hating him and thinking he sucked as a bucs fan, then thinking the 49ers were idiots for letting him replace montana.

Haha. Growing up a Rams (of Los Angeles) and Falcons fan, I surely had my disrespect for the Niners, but thought what a stupid move Coach Walsh was making when he didn't bring Montana back after his last injury, lolol. As much as I'm not a Niners person, there's no denying Montana's stature in the game.

BanginJimmy
09-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Tebow's intelligence is not a problem. It is his mechanics. They have improved over the last couple years but still nowhere near an NFL level. Tebow will get picked up somewhere, maybe Jax who will go thorugh 2 or 3 QB's behind that terrible O line. Another possibility is Buffalo to again, take hits behind a bad O line. Basicly, Tebow is going to be fodder for a pass rush behind a bad O line. They can make use of his durability and athletic ability.

Vteckidd
09-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Bills say "not even remotely interested in Tebow"

His career is pretty much over, remember when the jets cut him, he cleared waivers from all teams and no one wanted him. NE was never capable of being a tebow place because of Brady and Mallet being there already. But, with Gronk being hurt , he could have been on the roster.

Ultimatley came down to Gronk>Tebow.

No one wants to completely retool their offense to fit his skillset. Denver had no chance to do it, and even then they walked away from it the second they could get a drop back passer like Peyton.

I think he is done in the NFL, no one else will take a chance on him.

BanginJimmy
09-01-2013, 05:12 PM

As long as David Carr and Josh McCown can remain on an NFL roster I think Tebow can. Hell, I would rather have Tebow on the Bears than McCown.

BanginJimmy
09-01-2013, 05:24 PM

As long as David Carr and Josh McCown can remain on an NFL roster I think Tebow can. Hell, I would rather have Tebow on the Bears than McCown.