PDA

View Full Version : I have this sudden urge to hunt down S2000s in the mountains

Stormhammer
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LGbaA2T.jpg

08 PRHT Miata GT - Ohlins, eibach sways and auto-exe exhaust + Michelin Super Sports and porterfield brakes = holy fucking shit can I keep accelerating through a corner.

eraser4g63
06-04-2013, 02:25 PM
All I have to say it. ( . )( . ) translates loosely to tits!

Sinfix_15
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Cool as the other side of the pillow.

silverDA
06-04-2013, 03:03 PM
nice s2k.

Stormhammer
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM
nice s2k.

Thanks, the vtec is addicting.

Bacon
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM
That one looks awesome. The darker red they come in looks just as awesome.

WhiteMike
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
What is that a miata of some sort?

Franco Tirador
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
you may have more torque

MeFryRice
06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
That's Lance's old NC. You bought a great car with an awesome choice in mods.

Mr. Clean
06-04-2013, 09:24 PM
looks fantastic. never seen one that tickled my pickle quite like this one.

JITB
06-05-2013, 01:31 AM
looks nice, i wonder if i can fit into one of the newer models... :/`

Stormhammer
06-05-2013, 10:58 AM
That's Lance's old NC. You bought a great car with an awesome choice in mods.

No kidding! I told him he needs to open up a shop that tunes Miata suspension.

Doppelgänger
06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
08 PRHT Miata GT - Ohlins, eibach sways and auto-exe exhaust + Michelin Super Sports and porterfield brakes = holy fucking shit can I keep accelerating through a corner.

Don't get too ambitious, S2Ks are actually VERY good up there with a good driver :D I've even had trouble with one or 2 in the past lol. Pretty much everything else that isn't a supercar is fair game though hahaha.
Very clean car though. Nice! Needs moar boosts though :) There are a number of brake upgrades out there too...wait until you get some 4-piston calipers and whatnot on there too. Does it have SS lines at least?

nice s2k.

You don't know how many times I've heard this while driving my car....even at car meets..and being serious about. :facepalm:

Sammich
06-05-2013, 12:10 PM
i dont know why, but this is the best miata i've ever seen

RL...
06-05-2013, 02:15 PM
i dont know why, but this is the best miata i've ever seen

x2

I can't put my finger on it but it looks fantastic for some reason. I blame my lack of mazda knowledge about not knowing why this one is so nice.

I wonder how this would compare with a 370z with similar mods.

CHADbee
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Nice car....I was looking at the NC and MSM NB's before I bought my Z. The P/W ratio of the NC(the PRHT makes it even worse) pushed me toward the MSM NB or another Z.

At The Dragon I'm sure the car is a beast and a ton of fun.

Stormhammer
06-05-2013, 05:35 PM
x2

I can't put my finger on it but it looks fantastic for some reason. I blame my lack of mazda knowledge about not knowing why this one is so nice.

I wonder how this would compare with a 370z with similar mods.

I think the Mazdaspeed front bumper and the 2nd gen spoiler is what makes it.

http://wakpaper.com/large/Mazda_wallpapers_140.jpeg

Is what the OEM bumper looks like ( I already sold it to a guy in Suwanee who needed one )

plus the hard top makes the lines smoother imo

I'd imagine in a straight line I'd get my ass handed to me. On a road? Eh... I'd probably still lean towards the 370Z, but maybe I just don't know my car well enough yet.

Stormhammer
06-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Nice car....I was looking at the NC and MSM NB's before I bought my Z. The P/W ratio of the NC(the PRHT makes it even worse) pushed me toward the MSM NB or another Z.

At The Dragon I'm sure the car is a beast and a ton of fun.

You know, I looked at Z's but hated the interior. Plus, I wanted a roadster. I was looking for a MSM NB or just a yellow NB SE, but they're asking $12k, and I figured for a bit more I could get something that was comfortable to drive as well ( larger interior ). The extra 70lbs of the PRHT didn't really bother me since I wasn't aiming for a full on track car ( I saw where you were trying to hit 1:39 lap times on the 350Z )

Stormhammer
06-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Don't get too ambitious, S2Ks are actually VERY good up there with a good driver :D I've even had trouble with one or 2 in the past lol. Pretty much everything else that isn't a supercar is fair game though hahaha.
Very clean car though. Nice! Needs moar boosts though :) There are a number of brake upgrades out there too...wait until you get some 4-piston calipers and whatnot on there too. Does it have SS lines at least?

Haha, good driver is the key there. Too many S2K drivers are set for straight line and not for what the car was designed for.

Maybe boost one day, for now, stock engine = reliable. Which makes me happy. Don't think it has SS lines - haven't checked, but, as far as I'm concerned, suspension and exhaust aside, the car is stock.

quickdodge®
06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm definitely not putting down this car by any means, but where I see a basic Miata, everyone is hoo-ing and haw-ing over it and saying it's the best seen. Is there something about this car that is different than other stock looking Miatas that I'm not seeing?

Again, don't twist my post, it is nice looking, just don't see the "WOW!" factor that everyone seems to give this particular car.

Stormhammer
06-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm definitely not putting down this car by any means, but where I see a basic Miata, everyone is hoo-ing and haw-ing over it and saying it's the best seen. Is there something about this car that is different than other stock looking Miatas that I'm not seeing?

Again, don't twist my post, it is nice looking, just don't see the "WOW!" factor that everyone seems to give this particular car.

I guess the only thing that's really different is it compared to the white one I posted later is that it has the mazdaspeed front end, the spoiler, its lowered, and I guess not many people have seen a hard top version? Beyond that, it looks like a stock Miata :boobies:

Sinfix_15
06-06-2013, 06:46 AM

I think it's just a combination of the perfect color and trim level combined with a very flattering angle of the car. Hardtop + that color and a good "sexy pose" for the picture.

Sammich
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM

no miata, other than looking in teh bay and seeing a LS(x) swap in it, has made me desire it.

Doppelgänger
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Haha, good driver is the key there. Too many S2K drivers are set for straight line and not for what the car was designed for.

Maybe boost one day, for now, stock engine = reliable. Which makes me happy. Don't think it has SS lines - haven't checked, but, as far as I'm concerned, suspension and exhaust aside, the car is stock.

If no SS lines- get them! Along with the ATE Superblue fluid.
Also... Flyin' Miata : NC MX-5 : Superchargers : FM MP62 supercharger system (http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5683&parentid=0&stocknumber=03-90010) ..... that setup was originally designed by Cosworth...and was intended to be OEM reliable...and is with the new software ;)

HypnoToad
06-06-2013, 05:45 PM
looks great man,I drove a 2012 NC few months ago...really wanted to trade in the NB,lol.

Elbow
06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Good looking car.

91LudeSiT
06-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Also... Flyin' Miata : NC MX-5 : Superchargers : FM MP62 supercharger system (http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5683&parentid=0&stocknumber=03-90010) ..... that setup was originally designed by Cosworth...and was intended to be OEM reliable...and is with the new software ;)

I rode in the flyinmiata targa NC with the supercharger system. It is fucking awesome, turned my wife completely white it scared her so bad.

RL...
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM

How much hp/tq does that kit put the NC miata at? Im looking to get a 370z next year but the newer miata's with their low weight seem like it would be a much better performer if it had more power...I wonder what it'd take in mods to get a NC miata more competitive.

Doppelgänger
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Click the link...dynos posted on FM's site :)

Stormhammer
06-07-2013, 03:32 PM
How much hp/tq does that kit put the NC miata at? Im looking to get a 370z next year but the newer miata's with their low weight seem like it would be a much better performer if it had more power...I wonder what it'd take in mods to get a NC miata more competitive.

Seems by the dynos to put them around the 250 mark.