PDA

View Full Version : Bike was stolen

Bacon
05-31-2013, 02:23 AM
Someone stole my R6 out of my driveway a little over an hour ago. Fortunately my next door neighbor was awake and saw the guy pushing it up my street. The guy had a gun so my neighbor couldnt do much. After searching for about an hour my neighbor found it stashed behind a shed at the top of my street. No damage and my jacket was still on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

-EnVus-
05-31-2013, 02:53 AM
pull prints

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Let this be a reminder to always lock your steering......... if nothing else, it prevents push away theft.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Never leave it alone. Always lock it inside. Buy your neighbor a gun.

Aeroscout977
05-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Those guys moving up from pedal bikes now?

MOWE
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Thats crazy...Damn...I wonder where they hell he was going to push it to ?

Unless he is local....in which case have the cops fingerprint it

Bacon
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
pull prints

They were lucky enough to not leave any.

Let this be a reminder to always lock your steering......... if nothing else, it prevents push away theft.

I usually do. Last night I pulled the motor from my parts car and sold it and just forgot to lock it.

Never leave it alone. Always lock it inside. Buy your neighbor a gun.

Neighbor has guns. He was outside when it happened and didnt have his on him. I have to non moveable cars in front of my garage and the bike usually sits next to one of them with the steering lock on.

Those guys moving up from pedal bikes now?

Must be.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Bike needs to stay in the garage. I never leave mine outside unattended.

D3UC3S
05-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Glad you got it back, most aren't so lucky!

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:03 PM
The law doesnt do much to thieves anyways..... other than give them jobs in politics, one of my closest friends had the same thing happen. A guy stole his bike on foot and pushed it to his house which was on the same street. The cops pretty much take a report and then forget about it, they dont actively investigate theft claims. He asked around the neighborhood and was eventually led to the thief. He went to the house, peaked in the backyard and saw familiar bike parts so he called the police. Police came out, identified the stolen bike, the guy had already cut it in half and had it stripped down to parts. The guy didnt do a single night in jail, his insurance didnt pay for the bike, my friends own insurance had to cover it, since he had traded a financed bike in to get that bike, he had a balance over the book value. Insurance paid the book value and left him with the remaining debt. He still sends in payments on the 4kish remaining debt and has no bike to show for it. and like i said..... guy didnt spend a single night in jail.

Manny Naber
05-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow lucky.

Aren't you a cop? Thats kinda funny

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Wow lucky.

I believe he's an EMT, the guy who keeps people alive when they crash bikes, not the one that arrests them when they steal them lol

Bacon
05-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Wow lucky.

No I am not an officer yet and I dont see whats funny.

00CelicaGT
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Glad you got it back bobby, time to keep it in the garage or in the house lol. You know Where u live is full of low life's and dead beats looking for an easy come up (bike left outside) don't make it easy for them.

Bacon
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Glad you got it back bobby, time to keep it in the garage or in the house lol. You know Where u live is full of low life's and dead beats looking for an easy come up (bike left outside) don't make it easy for them.

As soon as I get my LS parts car out of the way I will be leaving it in the garage. I just dont at the moment since its my only means of transportation for now and my garage door is loud as hell when it opens.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Cheap security for the time being, these things cost $20-30. They also make nicer ones that have motion detectors and put off a siren when theyre disturbed.
http://www.bikersbasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/510990.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41j7%2BDNc%2B9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bacon
06-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Cheap security for the time being, these things cost $20-30. They also make nicer ones that have motion detectors and put off a siren when theyre disturbed.

It's getting something better than that next month.

00CelicaGT
06-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I'd pull that bitch in the house, when I lived in Miami someone tried to steal my dirt bike out of my back yard but I had a huge chain around the frame hooked up to my dogs pen. We were out of town and the dogs were at my best friends house, they tried to use a hack saw to cut the chain but had no luck. After that I started parking it in my room lol, I'd do the same if I were u, They might be back with help next time....

.blank cd
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM

That looks pretty genius.

Bacon
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
I'd pull that bitch in the house, when I lived in Miami someone tried to steal my dirt bike out of my back yard but I had a huge chain around the frame hooked up to my dogs pen. We were out of town and the dogs were at my best friends house, they tried to use a hack saw to cut the chain but had no luck. After that I started parking it in my room lol, I'd do the same if I were u, They might be back with help next time....

I have steps up to my house so pulling it into the house isnt a very feasible option. Its going in the garage soon to be worked on once the track car is on the road.

That looks pretty genius.

It really is. They can only roll it so far. I am parking it right up against the house now. I have a 20 ton chain I can use if I absolutely need it.

eraser4g63
06-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Fuckin thieves.

Bacon
06-03-2013, 04:04 AM
Fuckin thieves.

My thoughts exactly.

Sinfix_15
06-03-2013, 12:59 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Any chance of identifying and charging the thief? if he stole it with a gun out and visible, you might could get armed robbery

Bacon
06-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Any chance of identifying and charging the thief? if he stole it with a gun out and visible, you might could get armed robbery

I could have PD finger print the bike and helmet but its been a couple of days, it has since rained, and we are talking about Clayton County.

eraser4g63
06-04-2013, 02:08 PM
^ good fuckin luck btw bacon how is shit in the ATL?

Bacon
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
^ good fuckin luck btw bacon how is shit in the ATL?

As far as what goes?

eraser4g63
06-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Just in general, since I don't see it anymore I feel like I lost a part of myself lol.

Bacon
06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Just in general, since I don't see it anymore I feel like I lost a part of myself lol.

I forgot you quit Grady. Its the same ole shit but different days. Work takes me out of state damn near every shift.