PDA

View Full Version : Nobel asks Obama to return peace prize.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Nobel Committee Asks Obama for Peace Prize Back | Alternative (http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/05/nobel-committee-asks-obama-for-peace-prize-back-2660990.html)

.blank cd
05-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm going to take this with an ounce of skepticism. Maybe a gallon...

Sinfix_15
05-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm going to take this with an ounce of skepticism. Maybe a gallon...

It's kind of a moot point really..... Nobel lost all credibility when they gave the prize to Obama to begin with.

David88vert
05-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Nobel Committee Asks Obama for Peace Prize Back | Alternative (http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/05/nobel-committee-asks-obama-for-peace-prize-back-2660990.html)

Snopes says that it is false. It is also a recent update.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Snopes says that it is false. It is also a recent update.

meh.... like i said... moot point, Nobel lost relevance when they gave an award to Obama.

.blank cd
05-30-2013, 09:36 PM
meh.... like i said... moot point, Nobel lost relevance when they gave an award to Obama.

Facepalm.

Browning151
05-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Facepalm.

Even if/though this is false, what has he done to earn it?

.blank cd
05-30-2013, 11:10 PM

What did the Nobel committee say?

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 06:38 AM

Nothing.... he's done nothing to earn it. Least deserving recipient ever.... least deserving president ever.....

Aeroscout977
05-31-2013, 07:29 AM

He got it two months after being elected to office. He did jack shit to deserve it. He's just as bad as Bush.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 07:43 AM

You could have looked it up:
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 - Press Release (http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/press.html)

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

Oslo, October 9, 2009

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM
You could have looked it up:
The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 - Press Release (http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/press.html)

I know what they said. I was asking him.

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 09:00 AM
He got it two months after being elected to office. He did jack shit to deserve it. He's just as bad as Bush.

He was a senator involved in exactly what they gave him the medal for before he was president. They didnt give it to him because he was president.

Browning151
05-31-2013, 09:44 AM

You already know as well as I do what they said, but David covered it just in case you didn't.

He's a charismatic speaker that brought hope to the world through his words, that's essentially what he got it for. He captured the minds and hearts of people with his message of hope and change, and of a nuclear free world and fairness for everyone blah blah blah. He speaks well and inspires people, but what has he actually done? Have his actions mirrored his words?

Maybe we should go re-visit this thread, just for shits n' giggles:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/news-politics/258210-president-wins-nobel-peace-prize.html

David88vert
05-31-2013, 10:21 AM
He was a senator involved in exactly what they gave him the medal for before he was president. They didnt give it to him because he was president.

You must not have read the paragraphs that I copied over.

"Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics."

I'm not reading anything that says, "Obama has as a Senator..."

Elbow
05-31-2013, 10:46 AM

Where's this President?

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 10:51 AM

Was Obama a senator involved in foreign policy before he became president? Just curious...

He did not recieve the NPP for becoming president.

Browning151
05-31-2013, 11:11 AM

Nope, but as stated by what was posted he was awarded it for what he had done while being president, which was very little.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
What was Obamas job before he became president? Just curious...

He was a voting Senator between 2005-2008. Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs, and he was a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. He was a chairman of the Subcommittee on European Affairs.

He did not receive it for becoming President, he received it for his vision and work towards a world without nuclear weapons - their statement makes that clear.

Let's look at his work then in that regard, since that is what he received his award for.
In August 2005, he traveled with Richard Lugar to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan to discuss keeping WMD's out of the hands of terrorists.
In 2007, he and Chuck Hagel introduced a bill to "reduce risk of nuclear terrorism".
He introduced the Nuclear Release Notice Act of 2006, the Nuclear Weapons Threat Reduction Act of 2007, and the Nuclear Release Notice Act of 2006 - all of which failed to become law or died in committee. In his 4 years in Congress, he managed to get 2 laws passed, neither of which were related to a nuclear-free world.

His voting record: President Barack Obama II - Voting Records - Project Vote Smart (http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/9490/barack-obama-ii/?p=1#.UajIYfjD86Y)

ISAtlanta300
05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
He's a charismatic speaker that brought hope to the world through his words, that's essentially what he got it for. He captured the minds and hearts of people with his message of hope and change, and of a nuclear free world and fairness for everyone blah blah blah.

Sheeeet.....then they might as well give the Nobel Price to the next Miss Universe..... lol

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Pretty obvious to me why he got it. When you have someone like Bush before you, it can't be hard to improve foreign relations.

All it takes is to have the mentality that the US is not the center of the world like it was 40-50 years ago. Something that Bush's whole redneck committee never seemed to understand. Americans between the ages of 18 and 60 make up like what, 4% of the world's population? Obama probably just realizes it's best not to piss off the other 96% with every decision he makes as a president. IMO Obama is doing just fine if he's pissing off <1% of the world's population here in the US. Most of which are rednecks anyway. 100% white 100% american opinion here lol have a good day.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Sheeeet.....then they might as well give the Nobel Price to the next Miss Universe..... lol

There's no telling what the future holds...... Obama being elected opens up a wide new array of possibilities..... Justin Bieber or JayZ may be the next president. The world is a popularity contest. To put the Nobel prize in proper context......... the last president they gave one to was Jimmy Carter..... just saying.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:29 PM
There's no telling what the future holds...... Obama being elected opens up a wide new array of possibilities..... Justin Bieber or JayZ may be the next president. The world is a popularity contest. To put the Nobel prize in proper context......... the last president they gave one to was Jimmy Carter..... just saying.

The future of the US is probably in better hands when a majority of all people under the age of 20 don't think we're a nation of terrorists.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Pretty obvious to me why he got it. When you have someone like Bush before you, it can't be hard to improve foreign relations.

All it takes is to have the mentality that the US is not the center of the world like it was 40-50 years ago. Something that Bush's whole redneck committee never seemed to understand. Americans between the ages of 18 and 60 make up like what, 4% of the world's population? Obama probably just realizes it's best not to piss off the other 96% with every decision he makes as a president. IMO Obama is doing just fine if he's pissing off <1% of the world's population here in the US. Most of which are rednecks anyway. 100% white 100% american opinion here lol have a good day.

You're unintentionally right, yet still a profound ignorant jackass. Yes, Obama is working to improve relations with the outside world, at the expense of the values on "the inside world".

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:36 PM
You're unintentionally right, yet still a profound ignorant jackass. Yes, Obama is working to improve relations with the outside world, at the expense of the values on "the inside world".

Exactly... and 40-50 years ago it would have been a terrible thing to do. What is this "inside world"? How are we as Americans very different from people of other nations? Yes you can have your values, but how far will they get you when you can't play with the other kids on the playground?

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Focusing on the inside world and not giving a fuck about the rest... Hmm sounds exactly like north korea?

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Exactly... and 40-50 years ago it would have been a terrible thing to do. What is this "inside world"? How are we as Americans very different from people of other nations? Yes you can have your values, but how far will they get you when you can't play with the other kids on the playground?

Me personally, i could give a fuck less about the "other kids on the playground". The US is actually our home.... it's more than a welcoming mat and pillow service for the rest of the world. No other country has the right or justification to change our way of life..... if the rest of the world hates us, my response to them is stay the fuck out. Now if you want to come to america, buy a gun, buy a corvette, open a business... eat steak or whatever other freedom you wish to enjoy... come on over. If you want to change any of that..... GTFO

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Focusing on the inside world and not giving a fuck about the rest... Hmm sounds exactly like north korea?

Yeah, because north korea offers aid to the rest of the world, sets a moral example and defends the rest of the world.... get the fuck out of here with that stupid bullshit.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Me personally, i could give a fuck less about the "other kids on the playground". The US is actually our home.... it's more than a welcoming mat and pillow service for the rest of the world. No other country has the right or justification to change our way of life..... if the rest of the world hates us, my response to them is stay the fuck out.

I never said the other countries had a right to change our lives. But if we keep fucking up, wouldn't they try to do it with force? Oh wait... what I just explained is exactly what we have been doing. Using force to change the lives of people belonging to other nations. Look in the fucking mirror dude. And have fun living your life with ideologies from last century.

Yeah, because north korea offers aid to the rest of the world, sets a moral example and defends the rest of the world.... get the fuck out of here with that stupid bullshit.

If you believe that invading other countries is "setting a moral example and defending the rest of the world"... then surely Bush was the best president ever.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 12:51 PM
The President of the United States of America is supposed to look out for the needs of all US citizens first and foremost. He is not elected by the rest of the world, and is not responsible for other countries' citizens. If the President puts other countries opinions in front of those that he represents, he is not doing his job as an elected official properly, and should no longer retain that position.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 12:54 PM
The President of the United States of America is supposed to look out for the needs of all US citizens first and foremost. He is not elected by the rest of the world, and is not responsible for other countries' citizens. If the President puts other countries opinions in front of those that he represents, he is not doing his job as an elected official properly, and should no longer retain that position.

I completely agree with the first part... but I never said he should put other countries opinions or needs in front of ours. I just believe that in this day and age, maintaining proper foreign relations should be just as important as keeping things real on the home front. I also think 90% of the anti-obama crap is being spewed by people who don't have a clue about the state of the world today and how different it is from even 15 years ago.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 01:00 PM
I never said the other countries had a right to change our lives. But if we keep fucking up, wouldn't they try to do it with force? Oh wait... what I just explained is exactly what we have been doing. Using force to change the lives of people belonging to other nations. Look in the fucking mirror dude. And have fun living your life with ideologies from last century.

If you believe that invading other countries is "setting a moral example and defending the rest of the world"... then surely Bush was the best president ever.

Yes. Overthrowing global tyrants is setting an example to the world. You act as if all war has suddenly stopped under Obama..... everything Bush did, Obama is doing..... 3X as many american soldiers have died in combat since Obama was president than during Bush's presidency. Obama has broken what little trust people had left in government.

I dont want to be in other countries trying to change them either..... let everyone else kill themselves, i dont give two shits personally..... if you feel the same way, then you shouldnt be voting for or supporting democrats... and especially not ones named Obama. A vote for a democrat is a vote to increase the size and power of this government you seem to be at odds with..... It's a vote to give them more resources and authority to force an agenda not only on other countries, but on you and me......

If you dont like this and want to reduce the size and authority of the US government.... reduce their ability to meddle in our lives and the lives of other countries.....

Then i suppose Ted Cruz and/or Rand Paul can expect your vote next election.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:01 PM
I'll go further and say that most of our domestic troubles are not in any way related to direct decisions made by the president. The government is too large, we have way too many BS regulations, incentives, and hoards of corruption. As the leading public figure of our nation. I think he's doing well to keep foreign relations at their best... and that is probably where he can be most effective. Until we have radical changes across almost every government organization in this country... we aren't going to fix a whole lot on the home front. I just prefer that the puppet we elect to sit at the top of the pyramid doesn't piss off the rest of the world, so that in case we do fix things on the home front, we don't have the kids in the rest of the world growing up with the intent of wiping us off the face of the earth.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:07 PM
let everyone else kill themselves, i dont give two shits personally..... if you feel the same way, then you shouldnt be voting for or supporting democrats...

Actually no I don't feel the same way...

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 01:07 PM
I'll go further and say that most of our domestic troubles are not in any way related to direct decisions made by the president. The government is too large, we have way too many BS regulations, incentives, and hoards of corruption. As the leading public figure of our nation. I think he's doing well to keep foreign relations at their best... and that is probably where he can be most effective. Until we have radical changes across almost every government organization in this country... we aren't going to fix a whole lot on the home front. I just prefer that the puppet we elect to sit at the top of the pyramid doesn't piss off the rest of the world, so that in case we do fix things on the home front, we don't have the kids in the rest of the world growing up with the intent of wiping us off the face of the earth.

EVERY PROBLEM YOU THINK WE HAVE IS MADE WORSE BY OBAMA!!!! EVERY COMPLAINT YOU HAVE IS MADE WORSE BY OBAMA!!!!!!

How the fuck do kids not realize this when they say this dumb shit..... its goddamn frustrating.....

"our government is too large" - yet votes for Obama....
"we have too many BS regulations" - yet votes for Obama....
"hoards of corruption" - yet votes for a chicago democrat....

OMFG............

David88vert
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM
I completely agree with the first part... but I never said he should put other countries opinions or needs in front of ours. I just believe that in this day and age, maintaining proper foreign relations should be just as important as keeping things real on the home front. I also think 90% of the anti-obama crap is being spewed by people who don't have a clue about the state of the world today and how different it is from even 15 years ago.

While we live in a global economy with instant communication, the role of the President has not changed. Politically, his first responsibility has to be to the American people. IF he can secondarily help others without negatively impacting US citizens, then he should. The key is that the needs of the people, and their safety, must be the President's first priority.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM
3X as many american soldiers have died in combat since Obama was president than during Bush's presidency.

I typically ignore BS statistics like this since trying to link them to the person who is in office is ridiculous. But if you want to go dig up statistics... look up how many Iraqi and Afghani citizens died in wars between 2000-2008

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:15 PM
EVERY PROBLEM YOU THINK WE HAVE IS MADE WORSE BY OBAMA!!!! EVERY COMPLAINT YOU HAVE IS MADE WORSE BY OBAMA!!!!!!

How the fuck do kids not realize this when they say this dumb shit..... its goddamn frustrating.....

OMFG............

LOL I never said he's doing things right... but he's doing shit better than Bush was. Sure the democrats fuck things up. not a little either, a lot. I just laugh that you think Obama is actually the problem. It's much deeper than which president or which party is in office.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 01:15 PM
... we don't have the kids in the rest of the world growing up with the intent of wiping us off the face of the earth.

Our President and our government is powerless to have any impact upon how other people bring up their children. Long before the US existed, there were factions bent on making everyone follow their beliefs, or be exterminated. Unless you think that all of the US should renounce it's system and beliefs, then you cannot believe that these same factions will not continue to pass on their hate for America from generation to generation.

David88vert
05-31-2013, 01:17 PM
... look up how many Iraqi and Afghani citizens died in wars between 2000-2008

They did not vote in US elections. The President does not represent them.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Our President and our government is powerless to have any impact upon how other people bring up their children. Long before the US existed, there were factions bent on making everyone follow their beliefs, or be exterminated. Unless you think that all of the US should renounce it's system and beliefs, then you cannot believe that these same factions will not continue to pass on their hate for America from generation to generation.

Of course... but it can't be a good thing to grow up in a world where your nation, or the nation next to you, is being occupied by foreign soldiers. I know you understand what it would mean to us, if another nation's troops invaded. But half of these anti Obama dudes would never consider looking at things from the other side of the fence.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
They did not vote in US elections. The President does not represent them.

Yep but they're still dead humans that had almost no control over their fate. The president we elected had more control over their fate than they did themselves...

David88vert
05-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Of course... but it can't be a good thing to grow up in a world where your nation, or the nation next to you, is being occupied by foreign soldiers. I know you understand what it would mean to us, if another nation's troops invaded. But half of these anti Obama dudes would never consider looking at things from the other side of the fence.

Afghanistan's "leadership" was the Taliban when we entered Afghanistan, and it was protecting someone who had just launched an attack on US soil. Surely, you don't think that we should have sat back and said that was ok. Their citizens already were anti-American in public comments.
Iraq was entirely different than Afghanistan, and that one possibly could have been avoided; however, that country was already publically promoting "Death to America", so you can hardly say that their children would not have grown up to hate US citizens if we had not entered Iraq.

Yep but they're still dead humans that had almost no control over their fate. The president we elected had more control over their fate than they did themselves...

And our citizens in the Twin Towers also had almost no control over their fate either, and are still deceased. Our foreign enemies had more control over their fates than they did themselves.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
LOL I never said he's doing things right... but he's doing shit better than Bush was. Sure the democrats fuck things up. not a little either, a lot. I just laugh that you think Obama is actually the problem. It's much deeper than which president or which party is in office.

No... no the fuck he isnt..... Obama is the worst president in history.....

liberallogic.... "EVERYTHING IS BUSH'S FAULT!!!" "LOL at people who actually think Obama is in control of anything"

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Moseley, you have dethroned Blankcd as the most delusional person this place has to offer. Congratulations.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Archived-Articles: Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis (http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/barack_obama_and_the_strategy.html)

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 02:35 PM

OMFG............

How do you say all this, and then say Obama has no control over anything with a straight face?

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
How do you say all this, and then say Obama has no control over anything with a straight face?

Give me a S!!! S!!!!
Give me a A!!! A!!!!
Give me a R!! R!!!!
Give me a C!! C!!!
Give me a A!! A!!!
Give me a S!! S!!!
Give me a M!! M!!!!

WHATS THAT SPELL?????

iz u be stoopid er someting?

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh the irony.......

nothing better than saying something in jest that a liberal would say and then having a liberal call you out on it. They agree with you when theyre not too busy disagreeing with you.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Blank, i know you're not an overly observant person, made apparent by your political affiliation..... but for future reference.....

whenever i begin a statement with "liberallogic"..... the statement that follows is not me expressing my own opinion. It is me mocking the thought process of.... well, someone like you.

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Ahh. I missed the quotes around that part. What do you think Obama is in control of?

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Ahh. I missed the quotes around that part. What do you think Obama is in control of?

I think Obama is in control of the people he hires.

Moseley
05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
LOL now I'm a liberal. Label me with whatever you want. It won't change my stance on things nor does it define me as a person. Oh and keep insulting me if it makes you feel better.

.blank cd
05-31-2013, 04:18 PM
LOL now I'm a liberal. Label me with whatever you want. It won't change my stance on things nor does it define me as a person. Oh and keep insulting me if it makes you feel better.

He's not sure what liberal means. Don't take offense to it.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 07:11 PM

I wish it made me feel better but it doesnt. Knowing people like you exist is actually very saddening to me.

Sinfix_15
05-31-2013, 07:14 PM
He's not sure what liberal means. Don't take offense to it.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man..... and plans to pay that debt with your money"

And yes, take offense to it.

1civic
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Shits getting deep in here boy!! :/

BanginJimmy
06-01-2013, 03:47 PM
To get back on the topic, what exactly has Obama accomplished, besides making speeches?

How have our foreign relations gotten better with ANYONE in the last 4 years?