PDA

View Full Version : News Article - "Higher education scandal"

Sinfix_15
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
The Higher Education Scandal | RealClearPolitics (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/05/20/the_higher_education_scandal_118473.html)

bu villain
05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Ok so a Harvard professor thinks the curriculum at a tiny liberal arts school in Maine is too politically correct and not rigorous enough. Still trying to figure out why I should give a shit.

.blank cd
05-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Liberalized education system. LOL.

As long as that means teachers aren't teaching my kids that dinosaurs lived with humans and that the economy doesn't work like a household budget, then keep it coming. Lol

Sinfix_15
05-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Liberalized education system. LOL.

As long as that means teachers aren't teaching my kids that dinosaurs lived with humans and that the economy doesn't work like a household budget, then keep it coming. Lol

Yeah, liberal values are something any good parent would want for their kids......

Dont want that baby? just abort it... and have the government pay for it.
Cant feed yourself? that's what food stamps are for.
Not only is being gay ok, you're a hero if you tell everyone about it.
If someone tries to rape you, shit your pants and tell them you have aids.
Privacy? The only thing you should keep private is your religion.
You dont have to work for what you want, you're entitled to having it, protest until the government gives it to you.
If someone doesnt agree with you, it's because theyre a racist.
Freedom is valueless, trade it to the government for anything they offer.
Who cares if the government is corrupt, as long as they support your political views.

.blank cd
05-28-2013, 06:56 PM
I don't know any liberals that agree or have even advocated for any of those positions.

bu villain
05-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah, liberal values are something any good parent would want for their kids......

Dont want that baby? just abort it... and have the government pay for it.
Cant feed yourself? that's what food stamps are for.
Not only is being gay ok, you're a hero if you tell everyone about it.
If someone tries to rape you, shit your pants and tell them you have aids.
Privacy? The only thing you should keep private is your religion.
You dont have to work for what you want, you're entitled to having it, protest until the government gives it to you.
If someone doesnt agree with you, it's because theyre a racist.
Freedom is valueless, trade it to the government for anything they offer.
Who cares if the government is corrupt, as long as they support your political views.

Can you give some evidence that any of those things are being taught at universities?

Matt300ZXT
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
The only evidence you need is the vast majority of students coming out of universities pretty much share these exact same ideas, verbatim.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
The only evidence you need is the vast majority of students coming out of universities pretty much share these exact same ideas, verbatim.

Funny. I don't know anyone on an educated level that shares those ideas.

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Funny. I don't know anyone on an educated level that shares those ideas.

Come on man....................

you really expect me to believe that you dont have a single mirror in your entire house??

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 04:37 PM
I do know people that

-Know what abortion is
-Know the government offers assistance to those who need it, and offer incentives to people who do well in life
-Dont generalize people based on social status or income
-Understand sexuality is a natural process
-Know how to form their own opinions based on available evidence, and not the other way around.

This is what the "liberalized" education system teaches you. How to think for yourself, instead of letting others do it for you.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Come on man........
I got quite a few. None of them show anyone who believes in the list you provided.

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 04:40 PM
I do know people that

-Know what abortion is
-Know the government offers assistance to those who need it, and offer incentives to people who do well in life
-Dont generalize people based on social status or income
-Understand sexuality is a natural process
-Know how to form their own opinions based on available evidence, and not the other way around.

This is what the "liberalized" education system teaches you. How to think for yourself, instead of letting others do it for you.

And the end game for teaching people how to think for themselves is legislating the life choices away from anyone who didnt come to the same conclusion you did.

What you're observing here is known as the liberal spin..... something Blank puts great effort into.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 04:47 PM
And the end game for teaching people how to think for themselves is legislating the life choices away from anyone who didnt come to the same conclusion you did.

What you're observing here is known as the liberal spin..... something Blank puts great effort into.

What you're observing is a list of your opinions being criticized by facts. Like I've said before, you're entitled to your opinion, it just doesn't mean that you're right.

bu villain
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM

Actually I think you will find that college educated people are less likely to have an abortion or to rely on government assistance. Did you go to college? Was it difficult for you to retain your ability to want to provide for yourself? I didn't find it to be particularly challenging but maybe I just went to an atypical university.

Kinda like outlawing all abortion?

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Kinda like outlawing all abortion?

Another weak statement. I expect more from you than i do from blank....... i expect rhetoric from him, it disappoints me when you go that route.

abortion debate is about deciding when a fetus is a life.... and you not having the choice to take away that "person's" choice to live is not inhibiting your rights. You dont have the right to take another person's life. So telling you that you cant is not stripping you of any right.

Also, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've thrown that card at me..... i am pro-choice.... i just have a better moral compass than your typical pro-choice liberal. We need to define where life begins.....

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 05:01 PM
What you're observing is a list of your opinions being criticized by facts. Like I've said before, you're entitled to your opinion, it just doesn't mean that you're right.

The representatives of your ideology have done as much to force their agenda on the population as anyone in history. Liberal democrats are no different than christians during the crusades.... they just put down the swords and picked up the twitter accounts.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 05:14 PM
abortion debate is about deciding when a fetus is a life.... and you not having the choice to take away that "person's" choice to live is not inhibiting your rights. You dont have the right to take another person's life. So telling you that you cant is not stripping you of any right.So if you have to define where life begins, how do you make the argument that women shouldn't have a choice?

Also, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've thrown that card at me..... i am pro-choice.... i just have a better moral compass than your typical pro-choice liberal. We need to define where life begins.....How do you know what a typical "liberals" moral compass is? My moral beliefs are separate from my political ones. I might never have an abortion for my own moral reasons, but I would never suggest someone else live by my moral standards. I will always be pro-choice as long as its not impeding on someone else's rights.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
The representatives of your ideology have done as much to force their agenda on the population as anyone in history. Liberal democrats are no different than christians during the crusades.... they just put down the swords and picked up the twitter accounts.

So I'll add the crusades and Christianity to the list of topics you know nothing about. Lol.

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 05:20 PM
So if you have to define where life begins, how do you make the argument that women shouldn't have a choice?

How do you know what a typical "liberals" moral compass is? My moral beliefs are separate from my political ones. I might never have an abortion for my own moral reasons, but I would never suggest someone else live by my moral standards. I will always be pro-choice as long as its not impeding on someone else's rights.

I dont.... I AM PRO CHOICE!................... ive said it 100 times. I still feel we need to have a clear definition of where life begins.

Sinfix_15
05-29-2013, 05:21 PM
So I'll add the crusades and Christianity to the list of topics you know nothing about. Lol.

All good man.... myself, like many others on this forum have added reality to the list of topics you know nothing about.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 05:26 PM
All good man.... myself, like many others on this forum have added reality to the list of topics you know nothing about.

Coming from yourself and others who have substituted actual reality with your own reality, I'll take that as a compliment.

bu villain
05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
abortion debate is about deciding when a fetus is a life.... and you not having the choice to take away that "person's" choice to live is not inhibiting your rights. You dont have the right to take another person's life. So telling you that you cant is not stripping you of any right.

Also, this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've thrown that card at me..... i am pro-choice.... i just have a better moral compass than your typical pro-choice liberal. We need to define where life begins.....

I agree and I am not accusing you personally of that stance. I am saying that ignoring other opinions (e..g, when life begins) and then trying legislate away choices based on that belief is not a quality unique to liberals.

.blank cd
05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I dont.... I AM PRO CHOICE!................... ive said it 100 times. I still feel we need to have a clear definition of where life begins.

Based on the evidence we have right now, we believe that life begins somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd trimester, when the fetus is able to live independent from the host.

Sinfix_15
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM
College Kids Sign Card Thanking IRS For Targeting Conservatives (http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/05/30/Clueless-College-Kids-Sign-Card-Thanking-IRS-for-Targeting-Conservatives?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Liberals are so stupid that they support the policies that give the government power and control over them... as long as in that particular moment, the government is using their power and control over their "enemy".

David88vert
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Based on the evidence we have right now, we believe that life begins somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd trimester, when the fetus is able to live independent from the host.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Sinfix_15
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-jTmgLgDEo4#t=43s

.blank cd
06-02-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-jTmgLgDEo4#t=43s

I'd hate for you or your children to be subjected to the ruthless indoctrination of higher education. It'd be a shame.

Sinfix_15
06-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd hate for you or your children to be subjected to the ruthless indoctrination of higher education. It'd be a shame.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLzi7yOCAAEuOYo.png:large