PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting my car back on the road.

TCM
05-21-2013, 12:51 PM
TL;DR I acquired a "project" car and want to repair it back to a reliable daily. But kind of don't know where to start with out getting ripped off.

I have a 1995 240sx that is not currently running as it was in the middle of a KA-T build that ran out of funding. The history of the car to my knowledge is that the head gasket blew on the original motor and it was replaced an s13 KA-T bought off of 240atlanta. The motor included home engineered intake mani, upgraded injectors, full FMIC, full 3" exhaust, top mount turbo manifold, unknown turbo (im not very knowledgeable in identifying them), and a tuned ecu. The owner thought it would just be a drop in and drive kind of set up but many problems were found. The wiring became a headache, it was running a few times but never smooth, the intake manifold started leaking at the welds, the injectors were all different brands and sizes. Then he had kids and job issues, so it has been sitting in his driveway for 3 years now, and now being given to me as I am in desperate need for a car.

I am looking for any advice, and even physical help, with getting this car back up and running as a reliable DD. I have some cash saved up and I am willing to sell off/trade the turbo parts if it helps me get the car on the road. I just don't see this as a "tow it to a shop" situation, but maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

TCM
05-25-2013, 10:20 AM
ttt.....I don't know if this was the right place to post this, but any help would be great