PDA

View Full Version : Duh.....

Sinfix_15
05-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2325414/Men-physically-strong-likely-right-wing-political-views.html)

.blank cd
05-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Not surprising you would get this from this site. According to the Brits, Daily Mail is about the British equivalent to Fox News.

Anyways. Another study that Sinfix thinks he can use against the left that when has absolutely no idea what it really says or means.

David88vert
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Anyways. Another study that Sinfix thinks he can use against the left that when has absolutely no idea what it really says or means.

But was it peer reviewed by a source that he approves of, right?

.blank cd
05-16-2013, 10:04 PM
But was it peer reviewed by a source that he approves of, right?

Fuck if I know. The study wasnt linked in the article

.blank cd
05-16-2013, 11:35 PM
So I dug for it, and it indeed says a lot more than the cherry picked shit that's been thrown up on every mainstream conservative website. Consequently, none of those sites linked to the study. I wonder why that is....

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/political-motivations-may-have-evolutionary-links-to-physical-strength.html

“Despite the fact that the United States, Denmark and Argentina have very different welfare systems, we still see that — at the psychological level — individuals reason about welfare redistribution in the same way,” says Petersen. “In all three countries, physically strong males consistently pursue the self-interested position on redistribution.”
Men with low upper-body strength, on the other hand, were less likely to support their own self-interest. Wealthy men of this group showed less resistance to redistribution, while poor men showed less support.
“Our results demonstrate that physically weak males are more reluctant than physically strong males to assert their self-interest — just as if disputes over national policies were a matter of direct physical confrontation among small numbers of individuals, rather than abstract electoral dynamics among millions,” says Petersen."Interesting.

In other words, mainstream right wing conspiracy theorist websites find study that might validate them, and attempt to show causation where there is none. I can draw a stronger link to more educated people voting "liberal".

NEXT.

Sinfix_15
05-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Fuck if I know. The study wasnt linked in the article

they did a telephone survey.... it's totally legit.

This thread is obviously intended for humor....... get a laugh and blow off some steam, i know that you must be stressed out knowing that your messiah is falling.