PDA

View Full Version : How are you SR20 guys passing emissions?

Matt300ZXT
05-15-2013, 11:04 AM
With all the SR swaps going on in Atlanta on this forum, surely some of them are bound to be OBD-II cars. How are you guys passing emissions? The SR20 isn't going to communicate with the OBD port, and technically should fail immediately. I'm curious because in the county I live in in Tennessee they have nazi emissions and it'd fail instantly.

RandomGuy
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM
With all the SR swaps going on in Atlanta on this forum, surely some of them are bound to be OBD-II cars. How are you guys passing emissions? The SR20 isn't going to communicate with the OBD port, and technically should fail immediately. I'm curious because in the county I live in in Tennessee they have nazi emissions and it'd fail instantly.
Some people run their stock ECU's on passing cars (at shady inspection stations)
Some people register their cars in non emissions counties.
I even heard of some OBD emulation software tools that emulate the entire test for some cars...

Crazy-- the things people do, to go fast.

Matt300ZXT
05-15-2013, 03:34 PM
My sister lives in north GA and they don't emissions test, but I'd have to have mail to bring with me showing that I "live" there, and a GA driver's license, and that's just a huge hassle. My friends in other counties in TN I think have started cracking down on that so I'd say that's out. While I'd love to have the car, I just don't think it's in the cards being an OBD-II car.

D3UC3S
05-15-2013, 07:03 PM
They don't accept mail anymore. You have to have a GA DL in a county that doesn't require emissions. When I did it, there was a one time free ID alteration. Hall county didn't even ask for proof of change of address. I haven't had to do emissions since 05.