PDA

View Full Version : 91 honda 4 door accord maintenance light on cluster

2tonecoupegr
04-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Hey guys, I have a 91 honda 4 door 5 speed accord. The maintenance light on cluster turned from yellow to red. I bought the car in good running condition, and still runs good.

Please offer the advice needed to get it to green I suppose?

Thanks in advance

-EnVus-
04-22-2013, 12:03 AM
LOL well first off when it comes on it means Maintenance check soon when it changes color it means its getting desperate for a checkup or repair. It can still run fine but may be a large issue or small or could just be the light needs turned off. You can google how to use the light to to a scan to find issues. The light should be off period until you start the car then it will just come on with ignition power for a second.

Sammich
04-22-2013, 07:03 AM
i thought the accord has a maintenance and a CEL light..i think the maintenance is just for the oil..there should be a button or someway to reset it. go to cb7tuner.com there should be info on it

2tonecoupegr
04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it does have a button towards the bottom on the left of the cluster panel. I pushed it in for a few second's but it didnt change. It is due for an oil change (while im at it) I'll be doing a tune up. Thanks for both the replies guys, I'll look into that website!

-EnVus-
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
You have to use the reset button and the ignition switch in a way to erase the codes and reset the light. That will only do it till the light comes back on though so id be looking for the issue.

2tonecoupegr
05-18-2013, 04:52 PM
I figured it out. Just needed to push it further in. Buying tune up parts for it tomorrow. Any recommendations on parts?

Sammich
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
NGK

2tonecoupegr
07-04-2013, 02:14 PM
NGK for spark plugs I take it? Anything else proper I can do, like wires or something?

Humphrizzle
08-12-2013, 12:01 AM
maintenance notification on this runs off the odometer. at a certain mileage, it turns from green to yellow and yellow to red. i believe you just stick your key and reset it.

easy way to keep up with basic maintenance on the car. does not mean there's anything wrong. just an easy way to remind yourself of basic maintenance and checks.