PDA

View Full Version : Bombs rock Boston Marathon

Vteckidd
04-15-2013, 03:42 PM
GRUESOME PICTURES enter at your own risk

Explosions Reported At The Boston Marathon; Dozens Injured [Updating] (http://deadspin.com/explosions-reported-at-the-boston-marathon-473008941?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_faceboo k&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

MOWE
04-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Something jaw dropping and eye opening happens daily....cant say its new to the world but it doesnt make it go down any easier..

RIP....

David88vert
04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
JFK Memorial Library in Cambridge also.

Elbow
04-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Horrible. :( I keep reading they have found more bombs, planes from Boston are grounded, heightened security in other cities.

I wonder who it was, I place bets on some psycho US group.

Vteckidd
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Black Saudi National being detained at the Hospital, they have surveillance of him with backpacks......

NYPOST so take it with a grain of salt

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO)

eraser4g63
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
No good crisis will go to waste.

Elbow
04-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Black Saudi National being detained at the Hospital, they have surveillance of him with backpacks......

NYPOST so take it with a grain of salt

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjY BalO)

Yeah I saw that right after I posted that, haven't seen it pop up anywhere else yet though.

Sinfix_15
04-15-2013, 05:28 PM
DHS questioned over decision to let Saudi passengers skip normal passport controls | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/20/decision-to-extend-trusted-traveler-program-to-saudi-scrutinized/)

David88vert
04-15-2013, 05:33 PM
One of those killed was an 8 yr old child.

Elbow
04-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Looks like the Saudi in custody may not be the one. Someone tackled him because he looked "suspicious and ran away from the explosions."

Durrr really?!

Already loads of conspiracy theories out there, pathetic.

Andr3w
04-16-2013, 07:31 AM
I have the feeling that this is a domestic attack group that's responsible.

.blank cd
04-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Already loads of conspiracy theories out there, pathetic.Someone tried to tell me last night on FB the government was responsible.

Unfriended.

Vteckidd
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
By nature, terrorism is usually foreign in origin. Foreign means anything, european, Middle Eastern, etc.

But i would not put it outside some type of Domestic terrorist either.

Bacon
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Someone tried to tell me last night on FB the government was responsible.

Unfriended.

Add me back damnit!!!!! :ninja:

I figured it wouldnt be long before people started blaming shitbag.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Elbow
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Yep I read loads of "it's the government" stories on Facebook today.

eraser4g63
04-16-2013, 03:09 PM
The story has changed so much I wouldn't be surprised if they are omitting/changing info to fit needs/agenda, but I have a hard time believing that the fed or local gov't ( even though its full of shit bags from both sides of the fence) was involved in the act.

Sinfix_15
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Yep I read loads of "it's the government" stories on Facebook today.

It's not the government...... but make no mistake, the government will exploit all tragedies for political gain.

Sinfix_15
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Leftists Warn Americans To Pretend Muslims Didn’t Bomb Boston Marathon Even If They Did « Pat Dollard (http://patdollard.com/2013/04/the-left-warns-americans-not-to-succumb-to-911-like-reaction-to-boston-marathon-bombing/)

.blank cd
04-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Leftists Warn Americans To Pretend Muslims Didn’t Bomb Boston Marathon Even If They Did « Pat Dollard (http://patdollard.com/2013/04/the-left-warns-americans-not-to-succumb-to-911-like-reaction-to-boston-marathon-bombing/)

Unlike Mr. Pat Dollard, I'll withhold the racism

Elbow
04-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I agree the government exploits things for their own agenda, but what can be used with this? Honest question, I'm sure there's things I didn't think of.

As for the whole blaming thing, why blame someone? I've already seen loads of racist BS indicating someone from the Middle East did it, it's embarrassing. If someone DID do it of Middle Eastern decent, then be mad at THAT person, not Muslims or anyone from the Middle East in general.

Sinfix_15
04-17-2013, 06:47 AM
I agree the government exploits things for their own agenda, but what can be used with this? Honest question, I'm sure there's things I didn't think of.

As for the whole blaming thing, why blame someone? I've already seen loads of racist BS indicating someone from the Middle East did it, it's embarrassing. If someone DID do it of Middle Eastern decent, then be mad at THAT person, not Muslims or anyone from the Middle East in general.

Literally 10 minutes after this happened the media was suggesting that it was "right wing extremist".....

David88vert
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
CNN is reporting that a lid to a pressure cooker used in the attack was found on a roof above the site.

Elbow
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Literally 10 minutes after this happened the media was suggesting that it was "right wing extremist".....

...and that pushes an agenda how?

Elbow
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
I think we should also add someone saying right wing extremist as a possibility makes sense considering they have the strongest past in recent plots. I still don't think pointing fingers or guessing should be done though.

.blank cd
04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
If it were a right wing extremist, it would be anyone who has a political motive for such an attack rooted in the disagreement in disestablishment or a progressive way of life and governance. This certainly describes the current administration, so we can conclude a right wing extremist, under our political barometer, would also include someone from Al Qaeda, or any kind of religious extremist, foreign or domestic.

That being said, I'm not pointing fingers til someone is caught and tried.

Vteckidd
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
"Dark Skinned Male" arrested , breaking news. Doesnt mean Middle Eastern, or Black, could be hispanic for all we know

Vteckidd
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
If it were a right wing extremist, it would be anyone who has a political motive for such an attack rooted in the disagreement in disestablishment or a progressive way of life and governance. This certainly describes the current administration, so we can conclude a right wing extremist, under our political barometer, would also include someone from Al Qaeda, or any kind of religious extremist, foreign or domestic.

That being said, I'm not pointing fingers til someone is caught and tried.

I can argue that its anyone from ME to Right wing to Occupy, no one knows anything, and guessing is foolish.

Sinfix_15
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
...and that pushes an agenda how?

"right wing extremist" is the term often labeled to republicans who are defending their 2nd amendment rights, or.... "clinging to their guns and religion" as Biden would say.

Elbow
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
"right wing extremist" is the term often labeled to republicans who are defending their 2nd amendment rights, or.... "clinging to their guns and religion" as Biden would say.

Damn rednecks.

Sinfix_15
04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Damn rednecks.

white people man..... feeling theyre all privileged and shit... we need to get em in check

.blank cd
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I can argue that its anyone from ME to Right wing to Occupy, no one knows anything, and guessing is foolish.

I'm not guessing. I'm simply explaining that right wing extremist is not limited to someone who hates Obama.

Sinfix_15
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm not guessing. I'm simply explaining that right wing extremist is not limited to someone who hates Obama.

mmhmmm..... pretty sure it was all a big misunderstanding..... riiigggghhhhhttttt.

Vteckidd
04-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Right wing extremist would be someone that hated the left, so yeah, i disagree.

.blank cd
04-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Right wing extremist would be someone that hated the left, so yeah, i disagree.

I described what a right wing extremist was. How do you agree and disagree simultaneously? Lol

Sinfix_15
04-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I described what a right wing extremist was. How do you agree and disagree simultaneously? Lol

You can be politically correct if you want..... but you know what they meant.

Elbow
04-17-2013, 04:24 PM
white people man..... feeling theyre all privileged and shit... we need to get em in check

Fa sho.

Vteckidd
04-17-2013, 04:42 PM

you tried to say that a right wing extremist is the same as a member of Al Qaeda?

not remotely accurate

.blank cd
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
you tried to say that a right wing extremist is the same as a member of Al Qaeda?

not remotely accurate

Its fundamentally the same, why do you believe it's different?

.blank cd
04-17-2013, 04:51 PM
You can be politically correct if you want..... but you know what they meant.

I don't care what they meant. Lol. I am personally not pointing fingers til someone gets caught. I don't get paid enough to do that.

Vteckidd
04-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Surveillance Video Related to Boston Bombings - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M80DXI932OE)

BanginJimmy
04-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Surveillance Video Related to Boston Bombings - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M80DXI932OE)

I was just about to post that.

Is it me, or do those back packs look a little to light and empty to be carrying a pressure cooker filled with nails and ball bearings?

Elbow
04-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I was just about to post that.

Is it me, or do those back packs look a little to light and empty to be carrying a pressure cooker filled with nails and ball bearings?

One looks like it has something decent in it, the other looks pretty empty.

Ironically the one that looks empty is just hanging off one shoulder.

BanginJimmy
04-18-2013, 05:44 PM
One looks like it has something decent in it, the other looks pretty empty.

Ironically the one that looks empty is just hanging off one shoulder.

The black one is sitting up to high to have 10+lbs of pressure cooker and shrapnel in it. I agree there is something there, but it looks to be too light for the bomb.

The white one could probably have thing large and heavy enough to be the bomb, but it just isnt hanging right and the guy walking with it doesnt seem to be leaning at all. I would expect it to show in his walk or posture if he had that much added weight on 1 shoulder.

eraser4g63
04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I tend to agree.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 07:01 AM
1 dead, 1 on the run. Brothers from Chechnya via Kazakstan. The older one got into a shootout with LEOs and had explosives on him. The second one is believed to be in Watertown.

Not white domestic terrorists. They had lived here several years. The older one stated that he had no American friends, and went to Bunker Hill Community college here and studied engineering.
The FBI just said that they were 26 & 19. The older one was killed. They were Muslim. Motive has not yet been stated.

Watertown is on lockdown. All of Boston has been closed. This hasn't happened before in the US. No taxis, no flights, no buses, no subway, etc. Everyone is ordered to stay in the homes.

Reports are that they carjacked someone and identified themselves as the marathon bombers. Then one of them ran over the other brother with the car. These two are clearly inept and dangerous. Apparently, the shot and killed an MIT cop also.

Something just went off. Cops are rushing to one area. Reporters can smell smoke.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 08:52 AM
FUCK A MOTIVE. KILL EM BOTH! THEY DESERVE TO GET HEATED UP WITH A BARAGE OF BULLETS!

David88vert
04-19-2013, 09:02 AM
FUCK A MOTIVE. KILL EM BOTH! THEY DESERVE TO GET HEATED UP WITH A BARAGE OF BULLETS!

Why the bloodlust?
Shouldn't they try to capture him first, then try to understand his motivations, so that we can prevent this types of tragedies?

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 09:04 AM
FUCK NO. DIE NAMELESS. I WANNA SEE PICS AFTERWARD.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 09:08 AM
FUCK NO. DIE NAMELESS. I WANNA SEE PICS AFTERWARD.

Perhaps if we apologized for giving them better opportunities here than they had in their previous locations, they might have not done these attacks. We will have to get Obama to apologize for our mistake of improving their lives.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Perhaps if we apologized for giving them better opportunities here than they had in their previous locations, they might have not done these attacks. We will have to get Obama to apologize for our mistake of improving their lives.

Huh?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Huh?

Sarcasm.

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Those cops have terrible muzzle and trigger finger control.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Listening to a police scanner feed, shit is gettin real.

Sinfix_15
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Wonder what freedoms democrats will want to take away because of this one

pressure cookers? backpacks?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Wonder what freedoms democrats will want to take away because of this one

pressure cookers? backpacks?

Backpacks, not pressure cookers. Have you ever tried to take a pressure cooker from an old Southern lady? She will hit you over the head with a wooden spoon. Don't try it.

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
They should ban bombs... Oh wait.....

Sinfix_15
04-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Backpacks, not pressure cookers. Have you ever tried to take a pressure cooker from an old Southern lady? She will hit you over the head with a wooden spoon. Don't try it.

That old southern lady is probably a racist

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
That old southern lady is probably a racist

Anybody who is not a minority is racist, and if your a white democrat you have racist tendencys.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Before this goes off on some wild straw man argument, kinda like "they should ban bombs....oh wait", bombs and a lot of bomb making materials are already regulated/controlled.

BanginJimmy
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Before this goes off on some wild straw man argument, kinda like "they should ban bombs....oh wait", bombs and a lot of bomb making materials are already regulated/controlled.

So are firearms and that hasn't stopped the dems from trying.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:12 PM

Pressure cookers, ball bearings, and nails are not. We must take action and ban these assault weapons. If one life can be saved, we have to try....

Sinfix_15
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Pressure cookers, ball bearings, and nails are not. We must take action and ban these assault weapons. If one life can be saved, we have to try....

Your car has bearings in it..........................................

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Your car has bearings in it..........................................

Then we will save lots of lives by eliminating anything that has ball bearings....

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Houses have nails and screws! Ban em

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Pressure cookers, ball bearings, and nails are not....
None of these things can make a bomb on their own

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

And guns don't commit criminal actions own their own......

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM

C-4 cannot explode on its own either, but its still illegal for civilians to possess.

Sinfix_15
04-19-2013, 01:31 PM

But a gun can fire itself.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:40 PM
And guns don't commit criminal actions own their own......

Neither do bombs

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Neither do bombs

So, ban the pressure cookers, ball bearings, and nails ...

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
So, ban the pressure cookers, ball bearings, and nails ...

None of these were designed to blow a hole in the earth. So why control them?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:50 PM
None of these were designed to blow a hole in the earth. So why control them?

So, you want to keep bomb-making materials legal, and restrict home defense weapons? You think that this is logical?

You can't say that these materials are not being used for bomb-making designed to kill innocent people, as Boston is proof that they are.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll tell ya what. Why don't we make a law making it illegal to take all these things and fashion them in such a way as to improvise an explosive device? Would that work?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I'll tell ya what. Why don't we make a law making it illegal to take all these things and fashion them in such a way as to improvise an explosive device? Would that work?

You mean, make it illegal AFTER they assemble them into a bomb? That doesn't seem very proactive to me. Proactive would be to prevent them from being able to assemble them into a bomb.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 01:59 PM
So, you want to keep bomb-making materials legal, and restrict home defense weapons? You think that this is logical?You are simple minded. Bomb making materials are already controlled. You cannot make a bomb out of a pressure cooker and shrapnel alone.

You can't say that these materials are not being used for bomb-making designed to kill innocent people, as Boston is proof that they are.

So the guy that invented the pressure cooker, and the guy that invented the nail, and the guy that invented the ball bearing were sitting back in their own respective thinking chairs thinking "I need to come up with a way to make a crater in the earth. I GOT IT!..."

Again. You CANNOT make a bomb out of a pressure cooker and these things alone.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
You mean, make it illegal AFTER they assemble them into a bomb? That doesn't seem very proactive to me. Proactive would be to prevent them from being able to assemble them into a bomb.

You mean proactive like controlling the "boom!" part? Which is already being done?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 02:02 PM
You are simple minded. Bomb making materials are already controlled. You cannot make a bomb out of a pressure cooker and shrapnel alone.

So the guy that invented the pressure cooker, and the guy that invented the nail, and the guy that invented the ball bearing were sitting back in their own respective thinking chairs thinking "I need to come up with a way to make a crater in the earth. I GOT IT!..."

Again. You CANNOT make a bomb out of a pressure cooker and these things alone.

You've never seen a pressure cooker go off, obviously. It does not take much to create a small IED out of one. It doesn't take military equipment, or even illegal materials.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
You've never seen a pressure cooker go off, obviously. It does not take much to create a small IED out of one. It doesn't take military equipment, or even illegal materials.

Yes. It takes an illegal device to create what you saw in Boston. You cannot get this device without having a license for it, or fashioning your own.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
You mean proactive like controlling the "boom!" part? Which is already being done?

It's illegal to ignite gunpowder?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Yes. It takes an illegal device to create what you saw in Boston. You cannot get this device without having a license for it, or fashioning your own.

It's much easier to do than you think. You've never built a cannon before, obviously.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Because making a bomb is the same thing as firing a cannon. I forgot. I'm talking with a bunch of chemists and physicists here. Lol.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Because making a bomb is the same thing as firing a cannon. I forgot. I'm talking with a bunch of chemists and physicists here. Lol.

Very similar concept for simple explosives. It's obviously beyond your grasp. That's good though - we don't have to be concerned about a possibility of you being the next radical extremist terrorist.

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Actually a cannon is a bomb with one end open, I forgot we were debating with a weapons specialist.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Actually a cannon is a bomb with one end open, I forgot we were debating with a weapons specialist.

To you, a layman, a cannon is a bomb with the end cut off. To anyone else, a bomb is a bomb.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Very similar concept for simple explosives. It's obviously beyond your grasp.
Ok. So bombs are strikingly similar. Which one should we ban, if any. Why or why not.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Ok. So bombs are strikingly similar. Which one should we ban, if any. Why or why not.

The government already has laws on most.
We need to focus on whats doing the killing now, don't you agree?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Their father was just on CNN.

Vteckidd
04-19-2013, 04:31 PM

Gun powder isnt illegal.............

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Gun powder isnt illegal.............

It sure isnt. But it takes more than gun powder to make a bomb.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
The government already has laws on most.
We need to focus on whats doing the killing now, don't you agree?

Sure. But does that mean we should compartmentalize the issue and use that as a reason not to address the other?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:36 PM

Pressurized gas and an igniter is sold as a combo all the time legally.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Sure. But does that mean we should compartmentalize the issue and use that as a reason not to address the other?

Do you realize that I have been sarcastic all this time on banning pressure cookers?

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Do you realize that I have been sarcastic all this time on banning pressure cookers?

Sure. But there are a lot of people out there that are unable to separate the two issues. There is a problem with the act of killing. There is a problem with the ease of access to guns to people who shouldn't have them. The fact that people are going to kill each other with bats and knives and fists and forks and pressure cookers isnt a good reason why we can't address the ease of access of guns. I like having the right to defend myself if I need to. Filling out an extra piece of paper or doing an extra background check is a trivial inconvenience, and I hardly consider it an infringement on that right, if it means there's less ways for criminals and unstable people to get guns.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Sure. But there are a lot of people out there that are unable to separate the two issues. There is a problem with the act of killing. There is a problem with the ease of access to guns to people who shouldn't have them. The fact that people are going to kill each other with bats and knives and fists and forks and pressure cookers isnt a good reason why we can't address the ease of access of guns.

What about the ease of access to all of the weapons that kill more people than assault style weapons? Should we just ignore them?

BanginJimmy
04-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Sure. But there are a lot of people out there that are unable to separate the two issues. There is a problem with the act of killing. There is a problem with the ease of access to guns to people who shouldn't have them. The fact that people are going to kill each other with bats and knives and fists and forks and pressure cookers isnt a good reason why we can't address the ease of access of guns.

We already have laws saying who can and cannot own a firearm. Why do we need more laws to say the same thing?

For your homework tonight, post up a link with the percentage of gun crimes committed by people who legally own and possess a weapon.

When you realize that legal gun owners aren't the problem, explain why legal gun ownership should be curtailed.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 04:55 PM
What about the ease of access to all of the weapons that kill more people than assault style weapons? Should we just ignore them?

No. We can address these issues of non-weapon weapons separately, if we believe they're becoming a problem. If you believe a criminal shouldn't be able to possess a baseball bat or a fork, write your congressman, and lets get a discussion started!

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
We already have laws saying who can and cannot own a firearm. Why do we need more laws to say the same thing?

For your homework tonight, post up a link with the percentage of gun crimes committed by people who legally own and possess a weapon.

When you realize that legal gun owners aren't the problem, explain why legal gun ownership should be curtailed.

I don't believe legal gun ownership should be curtailed at all.

I hardly think anything proposed is a curtailment of legal gun ownership.

Vteckidd
04-19-2013, 04:57 PM

you realize a gun, in itself, doesnt kill people. You need a magazine, bullets. A gun, by itself, does nothing except leave a big bruise if you hit someone with it.

A pressure cooker, doesnt kill anyone by itself either.

A gun is designed to fire a projectile for protection or for sport. Its not designed to commit crimes with, never has been.

The same evil people that turned a pressure cooker into a bomb, can use a gun to kill someone, both, outside the original intent of the product

David88vert
04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
No. We can address these issues of non-weapon weapons separately, if we believe they're becoming a problem. If you believe a criminal shouldn't be able to possess a baseball bat or a fork, write your congressman, and lets get a discussion started!

What are "non-weapon weapons"?

Please explain how a baseball bat used to kill someone makes them "less dead" than an assault style weapon does?

I believe that the Congress has already stated their position on guns, so now we can focus on other deadly tools, right?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 05:03 PM
you realize a gun, in itself, doesnt kill people. You need a magazine, bullets. A gun, by itself, does nothing except leave a big bruise if you hit someone with it.

A pressure cooker, doesnt kill anyone by itself either.

A gun is designed to fire a projectile for protection or for sport. Its not designed to commit crimes with, never has been.

The same evil people that turned a pressure cooker into a bomb, can use a gun to kill someone, both, outside the original intent of the product

The nails and ball bearings were gas powered projectiles, similar to bullets.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 05:07 PM

A pressure cooker, doesnt kill anyone by itself either.A fully built bomb can't kill anyone by itself either. Like a gun, it needs a human to designate a target and tell it what to do. Like a gun, if you throw a pressure cooker bomb at someone, it will only leave a bruise.

A gun is designed to fire a projectile for protection or for sport. Its not designed to commit crimes with, never has been.A gun was designed to destroy a target. Nothing more. Nothing less. Everyone can agree with that.

The same evil people that turned a pressure cooker into a bomb, can use a gun to kill someone, both, outside the original intent of the productSure if they wanted to. But now you're discussing a different issue: the psychology of killing.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
What are "non-weapon weapons"?

Please explain how a baseball bat used to kill someone makes them "less dead" than an assault style weapon does?A non-weapon weapon is something that was not designed to destroy a target that is used or fashioned as a weapon.

I believe that the Congress has already stated their position on guns, so now we can focus on other deadly tools, right?Sure. Are felons allowed to have baseball bats? What about forks? Should they be?

David88vert
04-19-2013, 05:16 PM
A non-weapon weapon is something that was not designed to destroy a target that is used or fashioned as a weapon.

Sure. Are felons allowed to have baseball bats? What about forks? Should they be?

Can you show where that non-weapon weapon definition came from?

If a felon used a bat to kill someone, should he still have access to bats?

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Can you show where that non-weapon weapon definition came from?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_weapon

If a felon used a bat to kill someone, should he still have access to bats?I think that is something that should be discussed.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Improvised weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_weapon)

I think that is something that should be discussed.

Ok. So you meant improvised. Thought so, but wanted clarification.

I'm not sure if they still sell it publicly, but the US Army used to sell the Improvised Munitions Black Book. There is a section devoted to utilizing pressure cookers and similar. All items are readily available, and there are 3 volumes.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Dunno if they sell it or not, but you'd be an idiot to pay for it, cause I just DL'd a PDF for free.

And I'm probably on a govt. watch list now too.

eraser4g63
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Layman that's cute. Sounds like the second suspect has been found and they have him pinned.

David88vert
04-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Dunno if they sell it or not, but you'd be an idiot to pay for it, cause I just DL'd a PDF for free.

And I'm probably on a govt. watch list now too.

Everyone is on a watch list. I'm sure that they have a bunch of watch lists.

BanginJimmy
04-19-2013, 06:57 PM
live scanner feed from watertown, ma

MA Rt. 9 Window Cam on USTREAM: A live look outside my window. Other 24/7 (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam)

BanginJimmy
04-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Bomber is in custody and alive.

On_Her_Face
04-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I wish the worst, most absolute thoughts to this kid.

Sinfix_15
04-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Bomber is in custody and alive.

I'm glad..... people that do things like this need to speak for themselves and their actions........

prior to receiving the death sentence.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Future bombers: Next time, try a country that doesn't make it's own citizens take off their shoes at the airport.

BanginJimmy
04-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Future bombers: Next time, try a country that doesn't make it's own citizens take off their shoes at the airport.

Read a little more about the actual investigation. They knew the names within a couple hours of receiving the videos because the big brother was already someone they had interest in. What they said in the presser about needing to know names and such was BS. They needed a clue as to where they were going next and about possible accomplices.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Wonder what made him think he could get away with something like this? Bin laden thought he could get away with it and we picked his ass clean out of 7 billion people in the dead of night and snatched the air from his lungs with military precision before anyone knew what happened.

-EnVus-
04-19-2013, 10:50 PM
I am Very Curious to why 12 hours after bombings there was a offer of assistance,Sympathy/Condolence speech by Russian President Putin. Then we find out just so happens the suspects are Chechnyan/Russian decent.

.blank cd
04-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I am Very Curious to why 12 hours after bombings there was a offer of assistance,Sympathy/Condolence speech by Russian President Putin. Then we find out just so happens the suspects are Chechnyan/Russian decent.

What's fishy about that?

-EnVus-
04-19-2013, 11:12 PM
What's fishy about that?
Nothing at all....Hey Chechnya borders Georgia and We live in a state called Georgia also! Whoa man!

-EnVus-
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
MIT Police Officer that was killed is the real hero he died to start what has been a chain of events to stop the Terrorist. RIP Sean Collier and thank you!

BanginJimmy
04-20-2013, 04:17 PM

Like I said, the FBI knew within a couple hours who the bombers were, they just waited on telling the public until they ran down all their own leads trying to locate them.

-EnVus-
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
"I would not be willing to do a funeral for him," said Imam Talal Eid of the Islamic Institute of Boston, a community services organization that frequently arranges funeral prayers and burials in the region. "This is a person who deliberately killed people. There is no room for him as a Muslim. He already left the fold of Islam by doing that. In the Quran it says those who will kill innocent people, they will dwell in the hellfire."..

BanginJimmy
04-20-2013, 11:43 PM
If only more Imam's felt this way. There would be no more terrorism.

-EnVus-
04-20-2013, 11:58 PM
If only more Imam's felt this way. There would be no more terrorism.
This is what made me roll my eyes while reading it it. Why is it all the Terrorist claim to be so close to faith yet fall so far from just that. I think if the religion and its followers would show them how they really feel maybe Terror would be a word of the past.

.blank cd
04-21-2013, 08:47 AM
People have been using religion to justify atrocities for millennia

BanginJimmy
04-21-2013, 09:04 AM
This is what made me roll my eyes while reading it it. Why is it all the Terrorist claim to be so close to faith yet fall so far from just that. I think if the religion and its followers would show them how they really feel maybe Terror would be a word of the past.

Just like every religious leader from the first Pope to the first year preacher, people use religion as a means to gaining personal power and/or wealth. Look at the Westboro Baptist Church, the preacher there has made millions off of his BS. Muslim Imams preach hate for America and because most of their constituency cannot read, they can manipulate the Koran into saying anything they want it to say.

Echonova
04-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Oh lawd...

Boston Truth Revealed - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU)

1civic
04-23-2013, 10:10 AM
http://youtu.be/axQtAFtmtVA

Browning151
04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Now just wait a damn minute......

Ok, I'm ready now....carry on.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg/220px-ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

Vteckidd
04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Its amazing what all the weak minded people will believe.

-EnVus-
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM
If you actually believe a back pack would be left only shredded after that blast then you have no knowledge of physics/chemistry.

.blank cd
04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty confident the backpack would look like that after a blast like that.

1civic
04-23-2013, 05:25 PM
http://youtu.be/yWUB4MCLsHg

-EnVus-
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty confident the backpack would look like that after a blast like that.
Yet a M80 could destroy a mailbox and leave little LOL ok

.blank cd
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Yet a M80 could destroy a mailbox and leave little LOL ok

We're talking about two different types of explosives and two different types of containment vessels, but personally I've never seen an M80 do anything more to a mailbox than blow it apart at the seams.

The blasts themselves really weren't that powerful. There's nothing about physics that says a blast like that would do anymore damage to a nylon bookbag than it did.

-EnVus-
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
We're talking about two different types of explosives and two different types of containment vessels, but personally I've never seen an M80 do anything more to a mailbox than blow it apart at the seams.

The blasts themselves really weren't that powerful. There's nothing about physics that says a blast like that would do anymore damage to a nylon bookbag than it did.
Possbly but yeah i see a point now....check this out
CIA Seal Team 6 involved in Boston Marathon Bombing - Forbidden News (http://www.jewishterrorism.com/category/cia-seal-team-6-involved-in-boston-marathon-bombing/)

1civic
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.jewishterrorism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/false-flag-actors-in-Boston-Marathon-bombing-486x550.jpg

.blank cd
04-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Possbly but yeah i see a point now....check this out
CIA Seal Team 6 involved in Boston Marathon Bombing - Forbidden News (http://www.jewishterrorism.com/category/cia-seal-team-6-involved-in-boston-marathon-bombing/)

I'm not one to really entertain conspiracy theories, but assuming the navy seals were responsible, what's the motive?

.blank cd
04-23-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.jewishterrorism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/false-flag-actors-in-Boston-Marathon-bombing-486x550.jpg

Again. I don't like entertaining conspiracy theories, but all it would take is one person to destroy this one. I'll take the guy in the cowboy hat for 100, Alex. The chances of Mr. Arrendondo cooperating with a conspiracy by the government to kill innocent citizens would be beyond negative.

-EnVus-
04-23-2013, 07:17 PM
If they are promise money and power from Obama and told to stage all these events in hope to help build bolster. He is trying to take our guns away while making us want to rely on him for safety from terrorist. If we have no guns then we can't stop things to come and will want his help. There is much more to come that will start to really link events and horror together just be prepared.

.blank cd
04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
If they are promise money and power from Obama and told to stage all these events in hope to help build bolster. He is trying to take our guns away while making us want to rely on him for safety from terrorist. If we have no guns then we can't stop things to come and will want his help. There is much more to come that will start to really link events and horror together just be prepared.

So the motive would be to gain ground on gun control legislation? The legislation had a good amount of congressional support and even more public support. And it's pretty obvious he really wanted it to pass. So it's not a big secret, and too obvious to be a conspiracy. And the legislation still failed. Too much risk for a less than optimal outcome.

Sinfix_15
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm not one to really entertain conspiracy theories, but assuming the navy seals were responsible, what's the motive?

If they could open up everyone's cell phones, emails and doors, they could prevent things like this from ever happening.

There's two things the government ultimately cant stand.......

privacy
independence

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits | Boston Herald (http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits)

Terrorist used welfare benefits to purchase bombing materials.

If we can save one life we have to try............................................... ..

Browning151
04-24-2013, 08:18 AM
The legislation had a good amount of congressional support and even more public support.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 08:32 AM
"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

Sad isn't it? The vocal minority opposes background checks while the rest support it.

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Tamerlan Tsarnaev got Mass. welfare benefits | Boston Herald (http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits)

Terrorist used welfare benefits to purchase bombing materials.
So what?

Browning151
04-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Sad isn't it? The vocal minority opposes background checks while the rest support it.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

You suggesting there wasn't as much support as there was?

Talk about fantasy. Lol...

Browning151
04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
So much support that it easily passed right?

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 10:50 AM
So much support that it easily passed right?

Havnt you heard????? 10% of polls show that 90% of people support gun control.

#liberallogic

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 10:52 AM
So what?

Restricting welfare benefits could have prevented them from having the ability to build a bomb......

if we can save one life, we have to try..........

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Restricting welfare benefits could have prevented them from having the ability to build a bomb....
How?

And how would you go about restricting welfare in this case without running afoul of a myriad of laws?

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
How?

And how would you go about restricting welfare in this case without running afoul of a myriad of laws?

The same way you impose gun control without running afoul the constitution.

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 01:45 PM
The same way you impose gun control without running afoul the constitution.

Give me an example of increased welfare restriction?

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Give me an example of increased welfare restriction?

Quit giving it to people from these areas.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Muslim_majority_countries2.png/800px-Muslim_majority_countries2.png

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Quit giving it to people from these areas.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Muslim_majority_countries2.png/800px-Muslim_majority_countries2.png

Thats incredibly racist, wouldn't have a chance of passing, and he was an American citizen living in Boston.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Thats incredibly racist, wouldn't have a chance of passing, and he was an American citizen living in Boston.

I'm more than aware it doesnt stand a chance of passing.....

You know how you see those state tourism commercials where it says things like "come to florida for the beach" or "come to alaska for the hunting... final frontier... blah blah blah...."

Wouldnt surprise me if they ran commercials like that in other countries saying "come to america, we have welfare and food stamps!"

oh wait........

President Obama Encourages Illegal Immigrants To Stay By Offering Them Welfare - Investors.com (http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080812-621509-us-becomes-welfare-magnet-for-illegals-under-obama.htm?p=full)

Vteckidd
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
I love how the guys admit to doing the bombing, and everyone wants it to be some internal conspiracy theory. Its retarded, anyone with half a brain can see through it. If you cant, go to

inforwars.com

Vteckidd
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
You suggesting there wasn't as much support as there was?

Talk about fantasy. Lol...

The democrats themselves couldnt pass it in the SENATE, it had no support.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
I love how the guys admit to doing the bombing, and everyone wants it to be some internal conspiracy theory. Its retarded, anyone with half a brain can see through it. If you cant, go to

inforwars.com

Just for the sake of argument..... im not agreeing with the conspiracy theory......

But are there not ways to make someone say something you want them to say?

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
President Obama Encourages Illegal Immigrants To Stay By Offering Them Welfare - Investors.com (http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/080812-621509-us-becomes-welfare-magnet-for-illegals-under-obama.htm?p=full)
Oh the irony of something like this being posted to a site like investors.com. Lol

Welfare for people coming into the country has an economic benefit, that ends up benefiting....investors.

Some websites just like to ride the anti-anything-Obama train though. As long as it gets them hits and appeals to their base

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
The democrats themselves couldnt pass it in the SENATE, it had no support.

The bill had no support. That is correct.

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Just for the sake of argument..... im not agreeing with the conspiracy theory......

But are there not ways to make someone say something you want them to say?

Torture comes to mind.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Oh the irony of something like this being posted to a site like investors.com. Lol

Welfare for people coming into the country has an economic benefit, that ends up benefiting....investors.

Some websites just like to ride the anti-anything-Obama train though. As long as it gets them hits and appeals to their base

Anti-Obama isnt song number 7 on the latest Justin Bieber album...... it's not a trend... its not a bandwagon....

people hate obama because obama is a horrible president.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Torture comes to mind.

Doesnt seem that far fetched to me.....

.blank cd
04-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Anti-Obama isnt song number 7 on the latest Justin Bieber album...... it's not a trend... its not a bandwagon....

people hate obama because obama is a horrible president.

It is a trend. And it's trending in people that know little about government and economics and policy.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
It is a trend. And it's trending in people that know little about government and economics and policy.

Riiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttt tt................................................ ..........

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rgQZp_eGD_E/Tb3ABJHxFtI/AAAAAAAAAAM/VZPXOtoqzsw/s320/mad-hatter-4.jpg

Vteckidd
04-24-2013, 02:37 PM
The bill had no support. That is correct.

The problem is the add ons they put into the bill. It wasnt about just background checks, it was about banning weapons which , as you know, is a non starter for most Americans.

The GOP was ok with Background checks, it wasnt ok banning handguns and AR.

The problem is NO BILL IS CLEAN, its all got add ons with kick backs etc.

Sinfix_15
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
The problem is the add ons they put into the bill. It wasnt about just background checks, it was about banning weapons which , as you know, is a non starter for most Americans.

The GOP was ok with Background checks, it wasnt ok banning handguns and AR.

The problem is NO BILL IS CLEAN, its all got add ons with kick backs etc.

So you're saying the "safe communities act" was about more than safe communities?????? say it isnt so!!!!!!