PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nintendo Revolution and PS3 prices

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 04:12 PM
This is were i read the Revolution Price from
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000407062281/
www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000407062281/

Here is the article where i read the price from
The latest Nintendo Revolution rumor to hit the web is a doozie… “Nintendo may be aiming for a $99 launch price.” Yeah, it’s a dirty rumor, but could it be done? Doing so would put the Revolution in a league of its own, practically excusing it from the next-gen battle—it simply wouldn’t be competing with the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 if it were wearing a $99 price tag.

We’re likely going to see a lot of these rumors popping up in the coming months. Some suggest that rumors like this might be motivated by a desire to discourage prospective Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 buyers. Needless to say, we should take this rumor—and the ones to follow—with a grain of salt.

Update: it’s also important to remember that Nintendo doesn’t sell its consoles at a loss. If a $99 Revolution is a real possibility, we can expect the system to be only a fraction as powerful as the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

Now for the PS3
This is were i read the article from-Playstation Magazine Aug. 2005 issue 95

this is the article i read on the price of the PS3

I read an article titled "The PS3 will be priced under $500" Sony isn't stupid. The price will not go beyond $349.99, especially when faced with a $299.99 Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Revolution, which will almost certainly priced below $300.00. If sony goes beyond that price piont ($349.99), then we will be looking at a new market leader in microsoft.

I thought i would just let ppl in IA now wat i found

Post wat u think

PSINXS
12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
good cuz i was hearing 600 bucks for a ps3

B16a2 Civic
12-08-2005, 04:16 PM
i'll buy a revolution for 99.00....i was bout to buy a gamecube to play mario soccer, mario party 7 and super smash again Lol

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 04:17 PM
actually i think it will be $149.99 -$199.99, but that price is better

B16a2 Civic
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
actually i think it will be $149.99 -$199.99, but that price is better

yeah, i still might get it just to play those games anyway
but im still gettin a ps3.
do you kno when teh Revolution will be launched.

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 04:21 PM

ya same here but the nintendo revolution looks kind of interesting. I mean the new controller looks cool.
It will be like duck hunt pointing the controller to the screen and shooting at the screen.

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 05:53 PM
here is some pics

GsrTurbo320
12-08-2005, 06:11 PM
yah thats weird that remote is the controller.

ChnkyLao
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
here some pics of the ps3 and the controller

ChnkyLao
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM

should be sometime after the ps3 is what i heard

B16a2 Civic
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
ooh ok, man thats alot for the info, it was very much needed

IntegraXTR
12-09-2005, 02:06 PM
man thats gotta be worth it, but I agree with ^, I was thinkin about gettin a gamecube just to play mario tennis, mario baseball, and super smash melee

JITB
12-09-2005, 02:22 PM
those pics and info is very old. THe revolution controler also has another add-on, and the PS3 controller is supposed to be changed drasticlly b/c everyopne hated it. Alogn with the Design of the console. And theyhavent even released any definite specs for either system. SOo until that happens all prices are gonna be speculation. Yo know how sony does, they fluff up there system and release it with half of what they promised..

ChnkyLao
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
ya here is the new attachment to the revolution controller :eek:

ChnkyLao
12-09-2005, 03:54 PM
those pics and info is very old. THe revolution controler also has another add-on, and the PS3 controller is supposed to be changed drasticlly b/c everyopne hated it. Alogn with the Design of the console. And theyhavent even released any definite specs for either system. SOo until that happens all prices are gonna be speculation. Yo know how sony does, they fluff up there system and release it with half of what they promised..

ya you maybe right but i still like the PS3 and the revolution if it is only a hundred dollars

ChnkyLao
12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
damn this is a dead post

MachNU
12-09-2005, 07:30 PM
LOL thats becuase you SUCK at making post and you bring some back from the dead. Also your info sucks. Nobody noes for sure even when the ps3 or revolution are coming out. The revolution which so far they speculate at the earliest it will be realeased in japan in the late spring of 06 thats a maybe, then it would bea another few months before it came to the US. Then the PS3 is speculated to come out in May, but it is looking very slim, since they havent even finalized there finished product. Which will take them a few more months just to finally make there mind up about it. They also say its going to be so strong, but have yet to realease specs, and they say that they want ti strong with the small size there known for, which will most liekyl not happen. Also once they have a final version it has to realease in japan first then a few months then in the US. So most likely it will be the end of 06 to early 07 before theys two come out. Also i wouldnt hold your breath for the PS3 to be some super awesome world defining console, becuase if it is you will need to shit a gold brick to buy it. Try to be smart, it will have just as much or maybe less than the power of the 360 so that they can keep the cost down.

blackboi50
12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
LOL thats becuase you SUCK at making post and you bring some back from the dead. Also your info sucks. Nobody noes for sure even when the ps3 or revolution are coming out. The revolution which so far they speculate at the earliest it will be realeased in japan in the late spring of 06 thats a maybe, then it would bea another few months before it came to the US. Then the PS3 is speculated to come out in May, but it is looking very slim, since they havent even finalized there finished product. Which will take them a few more months just to finally make there mind up about it. They also say its going to be so strong, but have yet to realease specs, and they say that they want ti strong with the small size there known for, which will most liekyl not happen. Also once they have a final version it has to realease in japan first then a few months then in the US. So most likely it will be the end of 06 to early 07 before theys two come out. Also i wouldnt hold your breath for the PS3 to be some super awesome world defining console, becuase if it is you will need to shit a gold brick to buy it. Try to be smart, it will have just as much or maybe less than the power of the 360 so that they can keep the cost down.

damn......u rilly dont like this guy...........1

MachNU
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Not that i dont like him, you would jsut have to follow his post from when he started on this board. I am not the onyl one who dislikes him, not hate him, but its jsut things that he does at his age that just i mean come on most people think people that age realy shouldnt do. I know i wont be the onyl one to think this!

blackboi50
12-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Not that i dont like him, you would jsut have to follow his post from when he started on this board. I am not the onyl one who dislikes him, not hate him, but its jsut things that he does at his age that just i mean come on most people think people that age realy shouldnt do. I know i wont be the onyl one to think this!

i feel u on that..............1

Red
12-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Well I can't wait for the new PS3.

JITB
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
ya here is the new attachment to the revolution controller :eek:

NOOO thats not it. its a actual controller attachment that the remote thingie slides into. That i posted about 3 months ago... :goodjob: They still havent unvealed the final product of it tho, but there is another attachment.

MasterMadman
12-11-2005, 01:12 PM
So if the revolution is $99 i'm deff not going to buy it as it's probably a piece of shit ... and i'd rather have something really nice with a lot of good games... personally not a lot of the games nintendo consoles come out with are games that I would/want to play... although there are a few exceptions...