PDA

View Full Version : News article - "Stimulus for correct condom use"

Sinfix_15
04-04-2013, 07:29 AM
$423,500 Stimulus Program on 'Correct Condom Use' Yields Zero Jobs | The Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/stimulus-program-correct-condom-use-costs-half-million-dollars-yields-zero-jobs_714500.html)

On_Her_Face
04-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Trying to teach somebody to use a condom? If you need to be taught how to use a condom, you don't need to use a condom. This is basically making people think they know what they hell they are doing and knock up more people. Basically it's a factory for creating more fools.

Sinfix_15
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Trying to teach somebody to use a condom? If you need to be taught how to use a condom, you don't need to use a condom. This is basically making people think they know what they hell they are doing and knock up more people. Basically it's a factory for creating more democratic voters.

fixed.

.blank cd
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Facepalm

bu villain
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Trying to teach somebody to use a condom? If you need to be taught how to use a condom, you don't need to use a condom. This is basically making people think they know what they hell they are doing and knock up more people. Basically it's a factory for creating more fools.

You think teaching people to correctly use condoms will result in more pregnancies?

.blank cd
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Did anyone read the article?? Or are we just perplexed by the sensationalist headline? Lol

bu villain
04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I read the article but there isn't much content in there to speak of. I have no idea how they determined the number of jobs created/retained to be 0. Wouldn't it have to at least be 1 for the person who performed the study? Also, I don't expect studies to do much job creation but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do them. And if government waste is the issue, aren't there much bigger fish to fry than 400k for a scientific study? This just seems like a distraction.

.blank cd
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I read the article but there isn't much content in there to speak of. I have no idea how they determined the number of jobs created/retained to be 0. Wouldn't it have to at least be 1 for the person who performed the study? Also, I don't expect studies to do much job creation but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do them. And if government waste is the issue, aren't there much bigger fish to fry than 400k for a scientific study? This just seems like a distraction.

That's what I was looking for.

/thread.

.blank cd
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Take notes Sinfix. That right there is critical thinking.