PDA

View Full Version : If you could be reborn into another era....

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
What era would it be? Going to throw up a poll with some basic choices. I often times day dream if life would be better had i of been born at some period in the past.... or be able to sleep until the future like in that movie Demolition Man.

I would want to go back to the roman days before Christ, before cars, tv, ect ect .... where if someone got out of line or stole something from you, the resolution was a sword swing away. I'd want to be an old man about the time that Christ supposedly came about so i could witness this ordeal for myself.
Rome was the superpower of it's day and they lived lives of excess. Or.... maybe ive just watched too much spartacus.

On_Her_Face
04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
I would go back to be born around 1946. That way 16 would put me at 1962 and I would own some bad ass American Muscle, then a for the next 15~ or so years music would be amazing. Also the Economy was a lot better.

Sinfix on a side note, you're not a Christian are you? I believe you said you were not in another thread, (I'm not imposing Christianity on you or anybody that isn't my style even though I believe) but in this thread you said you'd like to witness the coming of Christ. Is that due to so you could be a believer? Is this what you would need? Or just to be at one of the most historic moments in time?

Doppelgänger
04-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I'd probably have a lot of fun if I were born in the early 30's..~34'.. Much like the above post stated, because then I would have been right in the middle of the 50's and 60's when things were much more relaxed, the automotive industry was transforming like the Hulk and lots of historical events were happening.

Elbow
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I'd want to be this age in 1990 or so.

C230K
04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
During Christ, I would like to see my heavenly father with my own eyes and witness historical biblical events

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 09:10 AM
During Christ, I would like to see my heavenly father with my own eyes and witness historical biblical events

You would be horribly disappointed and dissatisfied. Lol.

Elbow
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
You would be horribly disappointed and dissatisfied. Lol.

You were there?

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
You were there?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of the stories in the bible are exaggerated a bit.

ISAtlanta300
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of the stories in the bible are exaggerated a bit.

And you know this... how?

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Because I'm not an idiot...?

Bacon
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
I would relive my current era.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

05dc5s
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Do you assume that a lot of the stories are not exaggerated?

C230K
04-03-2013, 04:19 PM

I would agree with you on this, thats why I would like to see it with my own eyes, instead of reading about Jesus through someone else testimony. The bible is about Jesus and he didn't write one book.

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 05:19 PM
I would go back to be born around 1946. That way 16 would put me at 1962 and I would own some bad ass American Muscle, then a for the next 15~ or so years music would be amazing. Also the Economy was a lot better.

Sinfix on a side note, you're not a Christian are you? I believe you said you were not in another thread, (I'm not imposing Christianity on you or anybody that isn't my style even though I believe) but in this thread you said you'd like to witness the coming of Christ. Is that due to so you could be a believer? Is this what you would need? Or just to be at one of the most historic moments in time?

That's more of a side item on my choice. The roman era fascinates me with or without the story of christ. Whatever happened back then, we're still talking about it today..... so i have to admit i'm curious, even though i'm obviously not a christian. I have no expectation for it, more of a "while im hear, let me look at this" type of thing

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I'd probably have a lot of fun if I were born in the early 30's..~34'.. Much like the above post stated, because then I would have been right in the middle of the 50's and 60's when things were much more relaxed, the automotive industry was transforming like the Hulk and lots of historical events were happening.

That would be my 2nd choice. To be teenager when the 50s came about.

-EnVus-
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Only shitty part about time between 1942-1977 is the damn automated Mandatory DRAFT

On_Her_Face
04-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Only shitty part about time between 1942-1977 is the damn automated Mandatory DRAFT

Go to college, boom. No draft.

Sinfix_15
04-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Go to college, boom. No draft.

Or be an only child!

On_Her_Face
04-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Or be an only child!

Well I hit that mark too. So my statement stands.

Sinfix_15
04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Next question, since this seemed to have shifted into a semi-religious oriented discussion....

Atheists....... What would you say if you took a time machine back to the era of Christ to find out the story was true?
Christians..... the opposite, what if you went back to find out it was all nonsense?

I realize its probably impossible to get a real answer to either of those questions.... but we'll see how it goes.

My answer as an atheists......

I would honestly be terrified..... for me my stance is not simply one of disbelief, it's one of disagreement. Confirmation that it actually was the law of the land would terrify me. While i do support the bible being used as moral guidance, that's about where it stops. I do not agree with a life of service, heaven and hell... ect ect.... Finding out that Christianity was correct would just confirm to me that my ticket to hell is stamped and paid for.

Bacon
04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Next question, since this seemed to have shifted into a semi-religious oriented discussion....

Atheists....... What would you say if you took a time machine back to the era of Christ to find out the story was true?
Christians..... the opposite, what if you went back to find out it was all nonsense?

I realize its probably impossible to get a real answer to either of those questions.... but we'll see how it goes.

I would honestly be terrified..... for me my stance is not simply one of disbelief, it's one of disagreement. Confirmation that it actually was the law of the land would terrify me. While i do support the bible being used as moral guidance, that's about where it stops. I do not agree with a life of service, heaven and hell... ect ect.... Finding out that Christianity was correct would just confirm to me that my ticket to hell is stamped and paid for.

I wouldn't care to go back that far to find out the truth behind anything related to religion.

I would just want to relive what I already have lived so I could change some things.

On_Her_Face
04-08-2013, 07:57 AM

You're ticket would not be stamped and paid for. That's the beauty of the ability to repent and forgiveness.