04-02-2013, 06:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XxroieGk704

TougeGTR-33
04-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Welcome to America.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

On_Her_Face
04-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Well the bank owns it so they can do as they please. I know it could of gown better to donate but the owner chose not to so oh well.

Elbow
04-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't see the food stamp relation?

Manny Naber
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
ahha thats my city SMH... its pretty hood in that area

Sinfix_15
04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
ahha thats my city SMH... its pretty hood in that area

THATS RACIST!!!!

-EnVus-
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Bunch of lazy ass people trying to get free stuff just out of others miss fortune. I see it as the bank should have taken to the church's or local food banks/soup kitchens and used it on a tax's next year. I just see all them people that showed up wanting it still bitching about not getting it either way.

.blank cd
04-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Bunch of lazy ass people trying to get free stuff just out of others miss fortune. I see it as the bank should have taken to the church's or local food banks/soup kitchens and used it on a tax's next year. I just see all them people that showed up wanting it still bitching about not getting it either way.

So what about all the people that would have otherwise showed up at the local church to get the food there?

Elbow
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM
So what about all the people that would have otherwise showed up at the local church to get the food there?

This. lol

-EnVus-
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Its not given to any random person you have to sign up and be present at a location when its being handed out. They will do small boxes of a quantity so those who need it most get it then they let others have some. Also they have many locations so not all can just go to one and you cant only do it once a week.
I have worked through many of the church food banks so id know a little about it.

Elbow
04-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Its not given to any random person you have to sign up and be present at a location when its being handed out. They will do small boxes of a quantity so those who need it most get it then they let others have some. Also they have many locations so not all can just go to one and you cant only do it once a week.
I have worked through many of the church food banks so id know a little about it.

OK...but the point is many COULD BE THOSE PEOPLE.

"Bunch of lazy ass people trying to get free stuff just out of others miss fortune."

So......are you saying people that go to food banks are "lazy ass people?"

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 06:55 AM
The video also stated that some of those people were from the church.

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 07:07 AM
We live in world where legality conquers all. The same people complaining about not getting the food are the same type of people who would sue mcdonalds for their coffee being too hot. It's not safe to help anyone, you have to cover your own ass 24/7 and thats exactly what those cops did.

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
We live in world where legality conquers all. The same people complaining about not getting the food are the same type of people who would sue mcdonalds for their coffee being too hot. It's not safe to help anyone, you have to cover your own ass 24/7 and thats exactly what those cops did.
McDonalds was way in the wrong on that case. It's a popular misconception that the case was frivolous.

Elbow
04-03-2013, 07:29 AM

I'm not arguing the legality of it.

David88vert
04-03-2013, 07:36 AM

None of these people had the money to sue, and none of them knew even who they could sue.
This was food, left on the curb. If people are hungry, food should not be thrown away. The police should have had the people form a line and given the food out in an organized manner. Common sense should have trumped worrying about legality in this simple case. SunTrust would have not even complained about it.

On_Her_Face
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
McDonalds was way in the wrong on that case. It's a popular misconception that the case was frivolous.

Yeah if I remember correctly the coffee machine was tampered with and made the coffee 2X or 3X times as hot.

Anyway blank you need to change your name to "Black Hat"... Always keeping the ball up in the air.

David88vert
04-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Please explain how they were "way in the wrong". Are you simply referring to the temperature?
Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants)

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM
None of these people had the money to sue, and none of them knew even who they could sue.
This was food, left on the curb. If people are hungry, food should not be thrown away. The police should have had the people form a line and given the food out in an organized manner. Common sense should have trumped worrying about legality in this simple case. SunTrust would have not even complained about it.

Legality > common sense.... not because its right, not because i agree with it.... just because it is.

Walmart throws away food by the ton...... and would fire you if you took any of it or gave any of it away.

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM

I'm not familiar with the case, just the first thing that popped into my head. Point is that people are always looking for any and every reason to sue. I could have ate some food, said it was spoiled and made me sick or anything like that.

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Please explain how they were "way in the wrong". Are you simply referring to the temperature?
Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants)

1. They had over 700 other burn claims in the 10 years prior.

2. There were two smoking guns, wiki referenced the first, our attorney told us about another one, but they knowingly served coffee, in their policy, hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns when you drink it.

The case goes much deeper than "oh she sued cause she spilled coffee on herself". Sure, but the coffee really fucked her up

David88vert
04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
1. They had over 700 other burn claims in the 10 years prior.

2. There were two smoking guns, wiki referenced the first, our attorney told us about another one, but they knowingly served coffee, in their policy, hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns when you drink it.

The case goes much deeper than "oh she sued cause she spilled coffee on herself". Sure, but the coffee really fucked her up

I can understand the other 700 burns. That shows that it was not an isolated incident.
What was the other "smoking gun"? Why would your attorney tell you about it? Were you party to the case, or did you file a "coffee burn" lawsuit yourself?

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I can understand the other 700 burns. That shows that it was not an isolated incident.
What was the other "smoking gun"? Why would your attorney tell you about it? Were you party to the case, or did you file a "coffee burn" lawsuit yourself?

We talked about it. We're good friends and helped get my wife's business started.

David88vert
04-03-2013, 08:58 AM
We talked about it. We're good friends and helped get my wife's business started.

Ok, I just was wondering how you would have extra information on it. I guess that your lawyer must be Reed Morgan, or at least a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers.

We should probably just ban coffee. it would save us tons of court costs and personal injuries. (I don't drink coffee, so I'm good with a coffee ban.)

bu villain
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
We should probably just ban coffee. it would save us tons of court costs and personal injuries. (I don't drink coffee, so I'm good with a coffee ban.)

First, they came for the coffee and I said nothing.... haha

.blank cd
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Then they came for the vanilla bean frappachinos, and I punched a motherfucker in the throat.

David88vert
04-03-2013, 02:58 PM
(make note to self: next April Fools, make a Coffee Ban Bill thread...)

Sinfix_15
04-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Then they came for the vanilla bean frappachinos, and I punched a motherfucker in the throat.

:lmao: