PDA

View Full Version : Help 01 gsr won't start.

tuyen
03-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I got a 01 Integra gsr. Today went and start the car like every day . It start and then after two minute it shut off. I try to turn it back on, it just turn over but won't start. I check for fuel pump and all the fuse all are good. My guess is dizzy is going bad. I check for spark and there are none comming from the dizzy. And there is no engine Light on. I check the connector that plug into the dizzy it has power going thru it but when I check on the dizzy it doesn't have any power comming from it. My guess is that I have a bad dizzy. I also hook up a scanner it doesn't have any code. So what do you guy think. Thanks for the help.. Car is stock.

MUDSLINGER
03-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Check the main relay.

jdmraceboi
03-17-2013, 02:57 AM
I'm betting the ignition coil inside the dizzy is bad. Not the whole dizzy. Have had the same issues before on my gsr and I always replaced the whole dizzy... until I realized how easy it was to change out the coil. Hope you get her running right again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

tuyen
03-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm betting the ignition coil inside the dizzy is bad. Not the whole dizzy. Have had the same issues before on my gsr and I always replaced the whole dizzy... until I realized
how easy it was to change out the coil. Hope you get her running right again.

I'm thinking the same thing too. The main relay is still good it click when I turn the key.

tuyen
03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm thinking the same thing too. The main relay is still good it click when I turn the key.

Car is fix change the ignition coil. Thank you for the great info Guy.

jdmraceboi
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Awesome man, glad to hear she's runnin