PDA

View Full Version : Is Amsoil better than Royal Purple ??

s20004life
03-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I heard Amsoil is the best oil for my s2k and i hear you can get 12hp to 15hp extra off of Amsoil better than Royal Purple. Is this true of Amsoil ? Also if its true where can i get Amsoil sae 5w-30 because i don't see it at Auto-Zone or Advance Auto Parts ?.

Sinfix_15
03-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes Amsoil is better than Royal Purple.

You order it here.
AMSOIL - Synthetic Oil, Motor and Engine Oil, Lubricants, Air Filters, Oil Filters and Greases (http://www.amsoil.com/)

Manny Naber
03-14-2013, 02:09 PM
12 to 15hp? I doubt it lol.

Amsoil is good along with Mobile 1 and Lucas makes some good stuff.

Sinfix_15
03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
12 to 15hp? I doubt it lol.

Amsoil is good along with Mobile 1 and Lucas makes some good stuff.

I can not endorse the purchasing of lucas products.

Lucas oil stabilizer is nothing more than an oil thickener with no additive property. You're diluting the additive package in whatever oil you fill your car with when you add lucas to it. In addition to that, lucas has poor anti-foaming characteristics. Lucas turns into jello at high rpm. You could achieve the same results using really really thick oil.

http://rich.homeunix.com:443/gravely/lucas/lucasfroth.jpg

Manny Naber
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM
I can not endorse the purchasing of lucas products.

Lucas oil stabilizer is nothing more than an oil thickener with no additive property. You're diluting the additive package in whatever oil you fill your car with when you add lucas to it. In addition to that, lucas has poor anti-foaming characteristics. Lucas turns into jello at high rpm. You could achieve the same results using really really thick oil.

http://rich.homeunix.com:443/gravely/lucas/lucasfroth.jpg

Ya after I read that I didn't a little reading on BITOG and I guess it's not all that great.

s20004life
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Lucas products.....damn..smh. So AMSOIL is better but doesn't gives a boost in HP?

Manny Naber
03-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Lucas products.....damn..smh. So AMSOIL is better but doesn't gives a boost in HP?

Oil period isn't going to give you a boost in HP.

The only way oil is going to give you increased HP is by reducing rotational friction so much that the engine actually measurably spins 'more freely' with that oil in, I would be more so worried about the proper weight of oil for your vehicle and needs.

Humphrizzle
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
oil doesn't give you more horsepower... whoever told you that is a troll.

Sinfix_15
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM

Oil has a very minor effect on HP...... 1-2hp maybe..... 15... absolutely not. It would have more to do with having the correct weight and not over filling your engine than it would oil type.

Black R
03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I've tested Mobil 1 synthetic vs conventional oil.

I gained 3whp on the dyno doing back to back runs.

Mpeterson
04-09-2013, 04:13 AM
It would have to do with having the appropriate body weight and not over filling your engine than it would be oil type . . . . . . . . . .