PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ABOUT MODS...

BTEC
12-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Would the present mods feel powerless or betrayed if their mods powers were taken away? Would it give them a totally different outlook about IA? Would they feel there is no reason for them to log on ne mor esince they dnt have the MOD POWUH? Whatchawl thank?

Nemesis
12-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Uh oh, someone bout to get stripped of their mod privvys?

Rican219
12-08-2005, 10:03 AM
I Got CHEW MENG! FRO RLY

IntegraXTR
12-08-2005, 10:04 AM
hmm, thats a pretty good question, I wonder how would they feel if their powers were taken away....but don't think that would change a whole lot.

BTEC
12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Uh oh, someone bout to get stripped of their mod privvys?
No, i dnt plan on taking ne power away but if i see someone abusing the privilage i will.

^like i really can. lol!!!!! :lmao:

4dmin
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
actually a couple people had mod powers taken away... i guess some people would feel that way but some understand why.... most of the time mod powers are taken away b/c of business reasons... fighting w/ a sponsor etc..

XBLG20
12-08-2005, 10:26 AM
i say take away admins powers lol

Jimmy B
12-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Yess......

BTEC
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
hmm, would they really be freaked out from the ability to ban ppl? Would other members be scared to e-thug along with them if they had no ban stick? Would mods have their present cheerleaders if they wasnt a mod. Would they feel like an off duty cops with no badge, gun, asp, or big maglight? :thinking:

Brett
12-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Would the present mods feel powerless or betrayed if their mods powers were taken away? Would it give them a totally different outlook about IA? Would they feel there is no reason for them to log on ne mor esince they dnt have the MOD POWUH? Whatchawl thank?

I was a member more years then I was a Mod then Admin on here. Its nice to have but I do it to help keep the site ruuning smooth, I dont do it for a power trip or anything else, so If I didnt have it Id just hate that I couldnt help keep the stuff running smooth

BTEC
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I was a member more years then I was a Mod then Admin on here. Its nice to have but I do it to help keep the site ruuning smooth, I dont do it for a power trip or anything else, so If I didnt have it Id just hate that I couldnt help keep the stuff running smooth
Thats cool and ive been wathcing how u use ur mods abilities and uve spoken the truth. keep up the good work brett. :goodjob:

Brett
12-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Thats cool and ive been wathcing how u use ur mods abilities and uve spoken the truth. keep up the good work brett. :goodjob:

Now I dont have to ban you since you were just so nice to me :lmfao:

But serioulsy, I dont BAN unless I have to or it needs to be done, But i do delete alot of threads :D

Spyder
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I feel that i use my super powers for the better good, some may disagree.. but most of them I have already banned LOL.

Brett
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
^^ HA HA HA HA

Casey
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
i'm like the rest i rarely use my powers though. I have been a mod for years and hell I could live without it, just would not be as much fun :DHuh old man!!!!!

BTEC
12-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Now I dont have to ban you since you were just so nice to me :lmfao:

But serioulsy, I dont BAN unless I have to or it needs to be done, But i do delete alot of threads :D
Thanks for not banning me haws. Im glad i didnt have to take away ur mods powuh for abuse also. :lmfao:
Deleting threads are indeed neccessary, i think if someone starts a thread and it gets deleted they should be pmed with a reason for deleting it. That woudl cut dwn on alot of confusion. It happend to me twice for the same thread and i didnt know y, thats y i say that.

A.P. Photography
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Usually when a thread is deleted it is because of a violation of the rules and you can usually answer your own question when looking back at them. In some instances it is a judgement call at the time by the mod/admin as to what should be done in the intrest of the site and members. As for the PM, we could but we tried that before and it did not good so we just pretty much stopped.

TheFireMan
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I think thats a great idea..

BTEC
12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
i suggested the pm thing bc i posting an engine for sale wrong and it got deleted twice and i didnt know y until the 2nd time it got deleted and the mod who deleted it told me to read the sticky in the for sale forum. But its up to yawl just my 2 pennies though. yah mean??!!!

Brett
12-08-2005, 01:13 PM
We used to PM people when we would delete threads, But most of us got sick of the PM's saying they will sue us, or threaten us all the damn time. So now we just delete it and dont PM them unless its someone new who just doesnt really know the rules.

BTEC
12-08-2005, 01:35 PM
We used to PM people when we would delete threads, But most of us got sick of the PM's saying they will sue us, or threaten us all the damn time. So now we just delete it and dont PM them unless its someone new who just doesnt really know the rules.
well if thats the case then i dnt blame yawl for not pming ppl. dumbasses.

RutRoe
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah... being a mod is fun cause you get to feel like you're contributing to something you love...

HOWEVER, it comes with a big downside too. We ask people to follow the rules and enforce when they don't. Somehow people seem to think that means they should send us the meanest, nastiest pm's and emails they can conjure up. Nothing seems to be off limits to dumb people.

The best part is every person that has been an asshole to me and said nasty things, I could use the search button and show you how I tried to help them in some form or fashion previous to their lashing out at us...

And I'm just one person here, imagine how many we've gotten. I saved some of my favorites for a good laugh... but I hate stupid people so that's kind of a running theme for me.

IntegraXTR
12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah... being a mod is fun cause you get to feel like you're contributing to something you love...

HOWEVER, it comes with a big downside too. We ask people to follow the rules and enforce when they don't. Somehow people seem to think that means they should send us the meanest, nastiest pm's and emails they can conjure up. Nothing seems to be off limits to dumb people.

The best part is every person that has been an asshole to me and said nasty things, I could use the search button and show you how I tried to help them in some form or fashion previous to their lashing out at us...

And I'm just one person here, imagine how many we've gotten. I saved some of my favorites for a good laugh... but I hate stupid people so that's kind of a running theme for me.

I haven't said anything bad to you or being a asshole, hope that helps.... :)

BTEC
12-08-2005, 01:54 PM

i can understand that. Some ppl be liek WTF are u talking to and go off bc they feel like ur just trying to show off bc ur a mod. ppl like that deserve being e-jumped or banned, whatever they get. U are a pretty cool, low key dude too so u get the "keep up the good wrk" too. <-Guarantees i wont be taking ur mod powuh either.

:lmfao:

RutRoe
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I think people forget that we aren't all 19 sitting in a dorm room trying to make people think we're tough...

I'm 25, married, I've got a house with a mortgage and my cars are payed for and not that fancy...I'm just a guy that loves people and loves cars :)

And thanks Jimmy for not calling me an asshole.. asshole. Ha

PSINXS
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
those green bars are actually kryptonite. rut almost has no powers and brett is dead.

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I still PM each person who's thread I delete in the FOR SALE sections. I've only been a SUPER MOD for barely a year. Before that, I was a WL mod and a club forum mod. I'd hate to lose my position, but I don't guess I'd fret over it. I like weeding out the morons. Some, I leave on here(TheFireMan, redx..to name a couple)I have a few bans under my belt, but just about all of them are the same person. Keeps creating new names and when I happen to see them, off they go, lolol. Hell, I don't think I abuse my stuff because of all the people I disagree with or take shots at me, all I do is argue until it's over..lolol. Later, QD.

BTLFED
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
hmm, would they really be freaked out from the ability to ban ppl? Would other members be scared to e-thug along with them if they had no ban stick? Would mods have their present cheerleaders if they wasnt a mod. Would they feel like an off duty cops with no badge, gun, asp, or big maglight? :thinking:

I have had my mod powers taken from me before....didn't change the fact that I am an asshole. I didn't actually think I was going to get them back, but I did.....my ban stick stays in my pocket. ;)

Casey
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I have had my mod powers taken from me before....didn't change the fact that I am an asshole. I didn't actually think I was going to get them back, but I did.....my ban stick stays in my pocket. ;)

and so does your hand:jerkit:

BTLFED
12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
and so does your hand:jerkit:

Fuck you, cock boy.

Brett
12-08-2005, 10:14 PM
"Cock Boy" :lmfao: