PDA

View Full Version : May 19th : SOUTHRNFRESH: REVIVAL - SILVER DOLLAR SPEEDWAY Reynolds, GA

JITB
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
SOUTHRNFRESH has partnered with Import Showdown (http://importshowdown.com/), JDM Parts Garage, and S3 Magazine (http://www.s3mag.com/) to bring you REVIVAL. Bringing together ALL MAKES & MODELS for an afternoon of Drag Racing & Hard Parking.

Gates open @ 10am

10$ Admission
100$ Vendor Booths (for Revival)
300$ Media Sponsor ( company name on shirt/flyers/website)
* for IMPORT SHOWDOWN vendor/sponsor pricing email for packet.

Mike Wohler – [email protected]
Jonathan Ainsworth – [email protected]

for more information:
www.southrnfresh.com
(http://southrnfresh.com/wordpress/)www.importshowdown.com

There will be awards given for the REVIVAL show, more information to be announced.

RSVP – REVIVAL FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
http://southrnfresh.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/REVIVAL-white-355x588.png

WhiteAccord
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Always love Silver Dollar. Multiple runs all day.

carguy07
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I really wish welcoming all makes and models meant you let V8's compete. If I would've known a 90k GT-R was more of a sport compact than an LS1 240sx, I would have picked another hobby.

JITB
03-01-2013, 08:29 PM
I really wish welcoming all makes and models meant you let V8's compete. If I would've known a 90k GT-R was more of a sport compact than an LS1 240sx, I would have picked another hobby.

They have some new rules in the gtr i hear..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

carguy07
03-01-2013, 08:57 PM
They have some new rules in the gtr i hear..

From what I know they took off the tire size restrictions so he (the alpha 10) could continue to run his big drag radials. I'm not hating on the GT-R at all, the guy has a great car and I love to see it run at the events. I'd love to see more of them show up. I just don't get how it's a sport compact and I'm not. :screwy:

JITB
03-01-2013, 09:23 PM
From what I know they took off the tire size restrictions so he (the alpha 10) could continue to run his big drag radials. I'm not hating on the GT-R at all, the guy has a great car and I love to see it run at the events. I'd love to see more of them show up. I just don't get how it's a sport compact and I'm not. :screwy:

Yea, i agree and they do also. The event is being put on by a new group. I assure you if you email them, and voice your concerns. They will clarify it, becuase they were talking about that also. One of the guys doing ISD owns a 8 sec. car and he was like that GTR has potential to be just as fast in a sport compact class lol

famous_atticus
03-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I cant wait for the event! Its going to be awesome! Trophys, Checks, and Racing what more could you ask for!

dakilla4ever
03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
I'll be there with the crew

alex14
03-05-2013, 04:14 PM
i'll be there.

dirk-diggler
03-05-2013, 11:27 PM
I'll be there

famous_atticus
03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Post up pics of your car if you are going!

alex14
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/paintballman5011/IMG_20120727_122428.jpg

brownhornet
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Should be fun

SPOOLIN
03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Looks like its going to be a large gathering for sure!

famous_atticus
03-25-2013, 09:56 PM
We are also looking for volunteers if anyone is interested. Please contact if interested. Thanks.

SPOOLIN
04-02-2013, 09:41 PM
bump

1civic
04-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Please have 2 lines, I'm not trying to miss racing cause of some homo coming for a car show! :no:

Later!

famous_atticus
04-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Please have 2 lines, I'm not trying to miss racing cause of some homo coming for a car show! :no:

Later!

Im sure you have been to Silver Dollar before. There is only one way in and out. The difference this year is that we will have plenty of people working, that way the delays will be kept to a minimum. Also try to get there as early as possible, to avoid lines. We really appreciate you coming!

famous_atticus
05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Its almost her folks! Over 1500 in attendance last year!!!!! Come out and have some fun! This is going to be EPIC!

stretch
05-02-2013, 05:11 AM
NYC 2 ATL SPEED CO. will be there.........

1civic
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I'll post pic once I make it there...LOL

SPOOLIN
05-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Im sure you have been to Silver Dollar before. There is only one way in and out. The difference this year is that we will have plenty of people working, that way the delays will be kept to a minimum. Also try to get there as early as possible, to avoid lines. We really appreciate you coming!

There are 2 gates though at the entrance. Maybe both can be used. One on each side of the booth.

1civic
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
There are 2 gates though at the entrance. Maybe both can be used. One on each side of the booth.

That would be nice, it's a pain waiting in line, and them call for folks in staging lanes.. Shit happen at IFO, and I missed 1st round Q!

Funny part was I was an hour early cause of time change, and line was stacked 2 deep back to R/R tracks.. :(

LIKEG6
05-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I'll be there. Not sure about running yet though. I went last weekend and broke an axle.

SPOOLIN
05-02-2013, 10:12 PM
That would be nice, it's a pain waiting in line, and them call for folks in staging lanes.. Shit happen at IFO, and I missed 1st round Q!

Funny part was I was an hour early cause of time change, and line was stacked 2 deep back to R/R tracks.. :(

I will not wait in line like that when the time to start qualifying is near. we WILL stand in front of a car and make a spot for me to pull in up further.

1civic
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I will not wait in line like that when the time to start qualifying is near. we WILL stand in front of a car and make a spot for me to pull in up further.

I was mad bro, but if I see a line this time, I will go around folks.. I'm not sitting behind a bunch of "Car Show" fags that want pics taken.. GTFO!!

JITB
05-03-2013, 12:46 AM
lets hope the "cars show fags" show up to keep the lights on

Nemesis
05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm not sitting behind a bunch of "Car Show" fags that want pics taken.. GTFO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSi7i2ioF0

1civic
05-03-2013, 10:27 AM
lets hope the "cars show fags" show up to keep the lights on

Been strong without the help.. :goodjob:

1civic
05-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Just keep that shit in a different line so people can get threw to the "racing event", you know some people do add race parts and really race!! :thinking:

Just my 2cents, I ain't mad tho.

JITB
05-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Been strong without the help.. :goodjob:

That's fine and dandy, but if it organized it shouldn't be a problem. Getting to the staging lanes has never been a problem before I don't see why it would be. There is a whole road that leads you right back to the staging lanes.

carguy07
05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
That's fine and dandy, but if it organized it shouldn't be a problem. Getting to the staging lanes has never been a problem before I don't see why it would be. There is a whole road that leads you right back to the staging lanes.

I think he is referring to the line to actually get into the event. It has been an issue at Showdown before (at least for the people who get there early and all at the same time), although not near as bad as it was at the past Import Face Off in Montgomery. There, a decent amount of competitors were still waiting to enter the event when they were calling people to qualify. The car show people and sound competition people were in the same line as the racers, and they had no time obligations. I do realize it's run by different people, but they are still comparable. As long as they open the gates a couple hours before the event actually starts, it shouldn't be a problem.

JITB
05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I think he is referring to the line to actually get into the event. It has been an issue at Showdown before (at least for the people who get there early and all at the same time), although not near as bad as it was at the past Import Face Off in Montgomery. There, a decent amount of competitors were still waiting to enter the event when they were calling people to qualify. The car show people and sound competition people were in the same line as the racers, and they had no time obligations. I do realize it's run by different people, but they are still comparable. As long as they open the gates a couple hours before the event actually starts, it shouldn't be a problem.

yea but ther is no actual show at this event. So the line should not been an issue. It never has been before.

99VR4
05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
IF MY CAR IR READY, I WILL BRING THE VR4

famous_atticus
05-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Dont worry we already have plans in the work for making sure those in general attendace and racers will get in in a timely manner. The main this is to come down have a good time and watch some good racing!

famous_atticus
05-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Just a few days left! There will be specific parking for those who are racing and those who want to be judged for the car show. A detailed overview of the racetrack can be seen at: http://www.importshowdown.com/images/parkingmapisd.jpg