PDA

View Full Version : Rant.

Elbow
02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
If you list something for sale, respond to inquiries if you want to sell it.

I don't get people these days. I've e-mailed/called/texted at least forty people with cars for sale in the past few weeks and have heard back from probably seven.

I know sometimes people may have sold it and just ignore inquiries, but not this many and many have been re-listed.

:screwy:

Elbow
02-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Not to mention half of the replies I do get tell me the general population selling used cars right now have the brain of a snail.

"Do you have receipts of the engine rebuild?"
"No, I can make receipts though."

.............OK......

It's amazing, almost every used car has a rebuilt engine or a new timing belt, even cars that use timing chains have new timing belts.

I love this:

2/24: Car listed for $2800
2/26: Car listed for $3400

1civic
02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Agreed, and I troll these people on FB..

BenjaminJunu
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I thought this only happened to me!!! I hate that so much, i don't want to play stupid games with people. I want to buy a car.
I think it's even worse when you get there to look at a car and it looks nothing like it's pictured and it's a total piece of shit.

1civic
02-27-2013, 12:49 PM
I thought this only happened to me!!! I hate that so much, i don't want to play stupid games with people. I want to buy a car.
I think it's even worse when you get there to look at a car and it looks nothing like it's pictured and it's a total piece of shit.

Is that not 90% of the junk these folks neglect to maintain??

Elbow
02-27-2013, 03:22 PM

That's true as well. It's like they leave all these issues out thinking once you get there you won't care..

Modern age mentality is "my car needs an oil change. WTB NEW CAR."

C230K
02-27-2013, 03:23 PM

This has happened to me a couple times when I was looking for a car on CL

Elbow
02-27-2013, 03:30 PM
I've tried to sell a few cars that when the potential buyer comes they get mad because there are issues with it that were listed in the ad in all caps.

-EnVus-
02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Craigslist people are so eager to post cars or items forsale but never reply lately

Elbow
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Craigslist people are so eager to post cars or items forsale but never reply lately

Yep. lol

-EnVus-
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Yep. lol
I just got done messaging about 25 people for items on there and only in 2 weeks have 4 replies. I am not sure if the emails don't go
through or maybe get spammed but DAMN!

Elbow
02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
I just got done messaging about 25 people for items on there and only in 2 weeks have 4 replies. I am not sure if the emails don't go
through or maybe get spammed but DAMN!

That's how it was with me looking for a car, sometimes I thought maybe they sold but then I'd see it re-listed, even text messages and phone calls go un-returned. It's weird. lol

PlatanoPower
02-27-2013, 06:45 PM
People are retarded nowadays. Buy my fb rx7 listed in the classifieds, I WILL return PM NEGOTIATE price AND schedule a time and place to meet. All for under a grand.

Elbow
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
People are retarded nowadays. Buy my fb rx7 listed in the classifieds, I WILL return PM NEGOTIATE price AND schedule a time and place to meet. All for under a grand.

Nice advertisement. lol