PDA

View Full Version : Decision on cars

ramazanpz
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
I have been thinking for a while, and I cannot decide on a car.:???: I'm not anything specific, I like a lot of cars but never actually had an experiment with them. Since each and everyone of you know probably more than me I came here to ask about your opinion. I am still a student, and In HighSchool I do work and my parents will help me buy a car of my choice. I don't want to blow alot of money into it, neither on a v8 gas or paying so much to get a car fixed when something goes wrong. Can I get some comments , or recommendations on specific cars? Thank you for your time
:D
What pleases to me:
Infiniti g35
Nissan 350z
Honda SI
VW R32/GTI
BMW 3series
Acura RSX
Evo

Elbow
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Don't you have a fairly new BMW?

BanginJimmy
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
If you dont want to pay much for gas or repairs, you can easily exclude everything on your list except for the SI.

That was one of the easiest decisions I have ever had to make.

Elbow
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Honda = stolen too frequently.

BanginJimmy
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM

He made no mention of retainability, only gas and repairs.

ramazanpz
02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Don't you have a fairly new BMW?

hmm, I do not want it anymore though. Giving back to my dad its not new its an 03 but I just started having little issues like the Halo burnt out and its $200+ to get it fixed, gas is $oo much.

I live in a peaceful county, I doubt any "stealing" will happen. But thank you for the heads up

Elbow
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
hmm, I do not want it anymore though. Giving back to my dad its not new its an 03 but I just started having little issues like the Halo burnt out and its $200+ to get it fixed, gas is s00 much.

I live in a peaceful county, I doubt any "stealing" will happen. But thank you for the heads up

2003 is new in my book....

BanginJimmy
02-26-2013, 08:27 PM
A decade is a reasonable length of time to own a vehicle. I hate car shopping so I do it as little as possible.

The SI is still the only vehicle in your list of choices that matches what you want.

BTW, WTF would you dump the car on your dad now that it needs some regular maintenance? Fix that shit yourself and keep driving it. Quit running to daddy when you need something and get it yourself. Trust me, you will appreciate it more when you put in the work to get it yourself.

ramazanpz
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
A decade is a reasonable length of time to own a vehicle. I hate car shopping so I do it as little as possible.

The SI is still the only vehicle in your list of choices that matches what you want.

BTW, WTF would you dump the car on your dad now that it needs some regular maintenance? Fix that shit yourself and keep driving it. Quit running to daddy when you need something and get it yourself. Trust me, you will appreciate it more when you put in the work to get it yourself.

Not necessarily running to dad, It's not like were going to sell the car or anything its still going to remain in the house. As much as I would love to own that car, its too much for me imo. Everything for that car is expensive (speaking with my budged). So "regular Maintenance" is not so regular with these cars (:

BanginJimmy
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Not necessarily running to dad, It's not like were going to sell the car or anything its still going to remain in the house. As much as I would love to own that car, its too much for me imo. Everything for that car is expensive (speaking with my budged). So "regular Maintenance" is not so regular with these cars (:

Yet every car you mention in your list, except the SI, will have a similar price tag for repairs as the one you are dumping on dad.

And if you arent selling it to get the new car, you are dumping it off on dad.

ramazanpz
02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Can we not speak without knowing my situation at home please? All i asked was opinions on those cars

Echonova
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
I clicked on this thread because the OP's name looked like a spambot made it up..

Catnip
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
If you rule out V8s because of gas, yet consider almost everything on that list, you're looking at the wrong V8s or you're sorely uneducated.

C230K
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Get an SI, use the rest of your money on education, like college for example.

e.mury
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Thats a wide ass price range, and you didn't mention model years. None of those options will be great on gas but by the sound of it you aren't REALLY too worried about gas mileage. Ill do some research for you because I'm bored...
Lets say your searching for cars 2006 and up... Ill base all the pricing on Kelly Blue Book "Excellent" Values

2007 Volkswagen GTI 2D (Jumped up one year due to model change)
Suggested Retail = $12,223
MPG: City 21/Hwy 29
AWD
2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Suggested Retail = $13,414
MPG: City 20/Hwy 29
FWD
2006 Acura RSX Type S
Suggested Retail = $13,729
MPG: City 20/Hwy 28
FWD
2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Suggested Retail = $15,637
MPG: City 17/Hwy 23
RWD
2006 BMW 330xi
Suggested Retail = $17,481
MPG: City 18/Hwy 25
AWD
2006 Nissan 350z
Suggested Retail = $18,185
RWD
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX
Suggested Retail = $19,508 <----------Bullshit
AWD

In conclusion:

Want better gas mileage, stick with the Civic, GTI, or RSX.
Want to pull da most bitchez, stick with the G35, Z, Bimmer, or Evo.

quickdodge®
02-27-2013, 06:14 AM
All i asked was opinions on those cars

If you're pawning one BMW off on your dad because of it needing a $200 headlight, then why do you have another BMW on your list? If that headlight is the only thing wrong with that car, I would think it would make more financial sense to just spend $200 on a headlight than to spend upwards of $15k on whole other car. Pretty much every car on that list of yours is going to be comparable to that Bimmer.

or you're sorely uneducated.

In his defense, he already stated that he wasn't very knowledgeable about cars.

In conclusion:

Want better gas mileage, stick with the Civic, GTI, or RSX.
Want to pull da most bitchez, stick with the G35, Z, Bimmer, or Evo.

In further conclusion, if you need a car to "pull da most bitchez," then you're looking for the wrong females.

1nicewgn
02-27-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't see how you kids could afford insurance on any of these cars. My sisters boyfriend just got a newer dodge pickup and his ins is $250 a month and that's on a 4-door pickup w/o 4wd.

Elbow
02-27-2013, 06:59 AM
He said his parents were helping.

Bacon
02-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Keep the BMW you have. As mentioned before why spend 15k+ on another car for it to have problems as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

BenjaminJunu
02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
get an evo.

Elbow
02-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Get an RX-8. Good on gas.

Echonova
02-27-2013, 07:55 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/meme_aftermarketinfla_zps03c4047b.jpg

On_Her_Face
02-27-2013, 08:04 AM
If you are worried about gas and maintenance get a non performance car or non performance variance. Why not just a regular civic?

CSquared
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
In further conclusion, if you need a car to "pull da most bitchez," then you're looking for the wrong females.

lol +1 for this. When I got together with my fiance I was driving a gutted 1986 celica supra.

On_Her_Face
02-27-2013, 08:10 AM
lol +1 for this. When I got together with my fiance I was driving a gutted 1986 celica supra.

You're not helping the situation here lol

ramazanpz
02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Maybe I need to re arrange what I said, I wasn't being that much with Gas and Maintenance. I want a cat where I can have it the way I want, upgrade , lip , spoiler, or what ever there is. I can't do that with the bimmer, as a student that's alot. And I'm not "dumping" the car to my dad. He's a truck driver so he doesn't have a car at home I use it alot of the times but when ever he's home he can use it too. Anyway I just like having stanced nice loud car I guess. I mean if some of you were in my situation , would you guys rather put that money into the car to get rims/lip/exaust etc etc? Or get an gti and as time goes on "modify" it?

Thank you guys for the precious suggestions, and big thanks to e.mury for doing that research

BenjaminJunu
02-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Maybe I need to re arrange what I said, I wasn't being that much with Gas and Maintenance. I want a cat where I can have it the way I want, upgrade , lip , spoiler, or what ever there is. I can't do that with the bimmer, as a student that's alot. And I'm not "dumping" the car to my dad. He's a truck driver so he doesn't have a car at home I use it alot of the times but when ever he's home he can use it too. Anyway I just like having stanced nice loud car I guess. I mean if some of you were in my situation , would you guys rather put that money into the car to get rims/lip/exaust etc etc? Or get an gti and as time goes on "modify" it?

Thank you guys for the precious suggestions, and big thanks to e.mury for doing that research

get rid of the bmw while you can.
go with a honda civic. It's the cheapest to maintain and the cheapest to upgrade.
If i was in your position i would get an evo. but since you're so young you would probably end up ruining/ragging out the an evo and you wouldn't be a able to fix the shit that you break.

Doppelgänger
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
There are plenty of other cool/economical cars out there. Don't run yourself broke on the price/payments of the car. Start cheap and put money into having fun with it. If you have any interest in any kind of racing or learning how to really drive, this would be your best bet (autoX, track days/HPDE, drag etc...). If you want to spend less on the car, I'd look at something a little more underrated like a older Subaru 2.5RS, or Legacy, Neon ACR (I dare you to laugh at this), Celica GT-S, MR-S, Miata, S2K, Sentra Spec-V, Focus SVT, Integra GS-R...or something on those lines. If you want to spend more, early (2004/05) GTO, newish S2K, 350z/G35, Legacy GT, Mazdaspeed 6, Volvo S60 or C30, IS300, MINI S or Genesis Coupe. The only thing on those being the Volvo and MINI could have a higher repair cost compared to the others (which should be a little more DIY friendly). Don't forget about insurance costs too. That EVO will run up pretty high and is a rather thirsty car. I've never been a fan of VWs, so I can't comment on them.

e.mury
02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Want to pull da most bitchez, stick with the G35, Z, Bimmer, or Evo. /SARCASM
Fixed my original post, only Subarus get you bitchez ;)
no, still kidding...:cry:
Dont get anything like an evo or 350z in reality. You will kill yourself. I'm probably around your age and have gotten myself into near wreck/death situations in my WRX from being really stupid. My buddy who's going to UTI spun out on the interstate yesterday in his Z doing about 110... Tell yourself your responsible all you want but when a chance arises you'll make dumb decisions. I say get something that is a good platform for modification and build the car up yourself. That way when someone asks about it you'll know whats done to it and you won't talk about having 7 1/2" pistons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKb_bjn94iA). imo AWD is a pretty safe way to go. Look into Subarus too. AWD and skilled driving have saved me a few times. Good luck finding a whip brah. Stay safe:goodjob:

Bacon
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Fixed my original post, only Subarus get you bitchez ;)
no, still kidding...:cry:
Dont get anything like an evo or 350z in reality. You will kill yourself. I'm probably around your age and have gotten myself into near wreck/death situations in my WRX from being really stupid. My buddy who's going to UTI spun out on the interstate yesterday in his Z doing about 110... Tell yourself your responsible all you want but when a chance arises you'll make dumb decisions. I say get something that is a good platform for modification and build the car up yourself. That way when someone asks about it you'll know whats done to it and you won't talk about having 7 1/2" pistons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKb_bjn94iA). I like the GTI idea because its AWD but I dont know shit about VWs. imo thats a pretty safe way to go. Look into Subarus too. AWD and skilled driving have saved me a few times. Good luck finding a whip brah. Stay safe:goodjob:

GTis are AWD now? Learn something new everyday.

.blank cd
02-27-2013, 01:42 PM
GTis are AWD now? Learn something new everyday.

Unless I'm missing the joke, GTI's are FWD, Golf R's are AWD

ISAtlanta300
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I do work and my parents will help me buy a car of my choice.

Fail.

You sound like one of those spoiled bitch kids that interprets getting the car of my choice = "I can haz an 350zeees fairladyzzzz cause mom and dadz be paying fo it, fool !!"

Get something both you and they can afford. You're still in high school. Your time will come.

Keep it cheap, get a Corolla, finish school, get a good job, and THEN get yourself one of those cars on your list. Probably won't even have to mod it if you get it nicely optioned from the dealer.

Low insurance, good on gas, and easy to fix.

Leave those cars on your list for later when you have more driving experience and more money to blow.

e.mury
02-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Unless I'm missing the joke, GTI's are FWD, Golf R's are AWD
Wow thanks for clearing that up. Like I said, idk shit about VWs

Elbow
02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I vote Neon ACR.

Bacon
02-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I vote Neon ACR.

I will agree.

Sinfix_15
02-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Foxbody.... clearly.

Julio
02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
I vote 1985 Celebrity.

Sinfix_15
02-27-2013, 07:24 PM
I vote 1985 Celebrity.

or...................... what a 1985 Celebrity would drive..............

a foxbody

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4561/folder105851/img10936302.jpg

quickdodge®
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Get something both you and they can afford. You're still in high school. Your time will come.

Keep it cheap, get a Corolla, finish school, get a good job, and THEN get yourself one of those cars on your list. Probably won't even have to mod it if you get it nicely optioned from the dealer.

Low insurance, good on gas, and easy to fix.

Leave those cars on your list for later when you have more driving experience and more money to blow.

This is actually the only good advice given in the thread. You're in high school, dude. That's where your concentration should be. Not on what expensive car you can get to modify. Every one of the cars these people have suggested are NOT cars for an inexperienced high school dude with no money.

And SinFix, Vanilla Ice didn't become a celeb until late 1990, sir.

RandomGuy
02-28-2013, 04:54 AM
QD, didn't you have a Neon ACR?

Elbow
02-28-2013, 06:05 AM
He did own one, not sure if it was an ACR but even the other models were good handlers.

I had an ACR race car, LOVED IT, handled insanely well for a FWD, good straight line for what it was, and SO easy to work on.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6039/6322450006_71dc0927ea_z.jpg

quickdodge®
02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
QD, didn't you have a Neon ACR?

Mine wasn't an ACR. It was a 1996 Highline. Those first gen Neons, contrary to popular belief among the "tuner" crowd, were really good cars. As Simon said, they are easy to work on. I absolutely loved mine.The first gen Neon would be a good daily car for a school aged lad.

On_Her_Face
02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
If I could go back I would of rather paid more attention to school and made a high 3.X gpa instead of scraping by with a 3.0. High school is a joke.

Wal-Mart
03-01-2013, 10:11 AM
He did own one, not sure if it was an ACR but even the other models were good handlers.

I had an ACR race car, LOVED IT, handled insanely well for a FWD, good straight line for what it was, and SO easy to work on.

Only true [compact] car enthusiasts know about the unloved ACR. I wouldn't mind one for a daily.

CSquared
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Acr sounds kind of like driving a miata... awesome on track... on the road you look like you ride the pole.

Elbow
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Acr sounds kind of like driving a miata... awesome on track... on the road you look like you ride the pole.

Eh, if you care about how you look in a certain car then you're already doing it all wrong.

CSquared
03-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I am :(

Bacon
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I have been zoned out a little over the past few days due to my work schedule changing so let me see if I have this straight:

High school kid drives a nice ass BMW.
Said BMW has a headlight halo go out.
Said halo is expensive to repair.
High school kid yells YOLO and needs a new car on the basis that it wont give the same problems.
Kid expects other car to not be problematic.

Do I have this right?

ramazanpz
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
I have been zoned out a little over the past few days due to my work schedule changing so let me see if I have this straight:

Said BMW has a headlight halo go out.
Said halo is expensive to repair.
High school kid yells YOLO and needs a new car on the basis that it wont give the same problems.
Kid expects other car to not be problematic.

Do I have this right?

Hmm, I don't think you quite get it. I don't know why any of this bothers you? I think you should stay off. No disrespect or anything, you know NOTHING about my situation. So I'm asking nicely do not just assume im a "yolo" type of kid and i bitch about my car and everything. You don't know ANYTHING about the car, how I manage to drive it. How We got the car, Why I drive the car? So if you can just keep ur nasty opinions to ur self. And by the way. No you are do NOT have anything right.

Bacon
03-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Hmm, I don't think you quite get it. I don't know why any of this bothers you? I think you should stay off. No disrespect or anything, you know NOTHING about my situation. So I'm asking nicely do not just assume im a "yolo" type of kid and i bitch about my car and everything. You don't know ANYTHING about the car, how I manage to drive it. How We got the car, Why I drive the car? So if you can just keep ur nasty opinions to ur self. And by the way. No you are do NOT have anything right.

So I am right?!?

ramazanpz
03-01-2013, 07:13 PM
So I am right?!?

You asking me a Rhetorical Question.

quickdodge®
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Eh, if you care about how you look in a certain car then you're already doing it all wrong.

Exactly.

You put up this thread without all information about you. What did you expect?

But it is pretty straight forward. You did state that a headlight went out in the BMW and so you feel you need a whole new car and that you would give the broken headlighted BMW to your Dad.

By the way, there is no need to put your info out there.

ramazanpz
03-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Exactly.

You put up this thread without all information about you. What did you expect?

But it is pretty straight forward. You did state that a headlight went out in the BMW and so you feel you need a whole new car and that you would give the broken headlighted BMW to your Dad.

By the way, there is no need to put your info out there.

I was not giving any information anyway. The headlight was just something that came to mind real quick. and No im not giving my dad a "broken" headlight. I got it fixed my self.

Bacon
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Got it fixed. Problem solved. No need to waste daddys money on another car that a high school kid cant afford to maintain.

quickdodge®
03-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I was not giving any information anyway.

Well then there is no need to keep using that as an excuse, then, yes? What's the point of all this? If this is an issue where all counts are necessary to form a valid response and you're not willing to give out those counts (which I don't blame you for), then why even ask?

No im not giving my dad a "broken" headlight. I got it fixed my self.

So you got it fixed. That's great. Now you don't need to worry about what the next car will be.

Sinfix_15
03-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Mine wasn't an ACR. It was a 1996 Highline. Those first gen Neons, contrary to popular belief among the "tuner" crowd, were really good cars. As Simon said, they are easy to work on. I absolutely loved mine.The first gen Neon would be a good daily car for a school aged lad that wasnt interested in pulling any vagina.

fixed

ramazanpz
03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't think you guys understand, I want an MANUAL car where I can modify it my self, and experience it. And when I said decisions on cars I didnt mean im getting a car TOMORROW. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

BanginJimmy
03-01-2013, 09:25 PM
How about fixing the car you have. For now, get a job and when you can afford to purchase a car yourself, you can do anything you want to it.

quickdodge®
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't think you guys understand, I want an MANUAL car where I can modify it my self, and experience it. And when I said decisions on cars I didnt mean im getting a car TOMORROW. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

But how can you afford to modify a car if you can't afford to fix it when something happens to it? Depending on the level of modifications, do you not realize that things will break on a more consistent basis when you do modify your car?

Echonova
03-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Acr sounds kind of like driving a miata... awesome on track... on the road you look like you ride the pole.I thought we were friends.

Fuck you.

Hermin
03-02-2013, 12:03 AM
RSX/Si is my vote. You can rag it out and the worst thing that will go out is the clutch (IMO). Decent gas mileage, not too expensive either. You don't want an EVO when you're broke. You'll be car-less.

Hermin
03-02-2013, 12:04 AM
But how can you afford to modify a car if you can't afford to fix it when something happens to it? Depending on the level of modifications, do you not realize that things will break on a more consistent basis when you do modify your car?

I agree. If $200 is too much to spend, you won't like spending $1000 on wheels lol.

CSquared
03-02-2013, 04:38 AM
I thought we were friends.

Fuck you.

My dad drove a second gen mazdaspeed for a few years. I can hook you guys up.

Echonova
03-02-2013, 06:22 AM
f0 free?!?!?

Echonova
03-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Besides the fact that I am eye level with JITB's junk... There is nothing homo about me driving my Miata.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/61310SFK-30.jpg

quickdodge®
03-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Besides the fact that I am eye level with JITB's junk...

Colour me jealous.

BanginJimmy
03-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Colour me jealous.

GTFO with that Canukian spelling.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

CSquared
03-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Besides the fact that I am eye level with JITB's junk... There is nothing homo about me driving my Miata.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/61310SFK-30.jpg

Are you looking at his crotch? Your eyes are conveniently hidden.

quickdodge®
03-02-2013, 09:37 AM
GTFO with that Canukian spelling.

Ooops, sorry. Colour me jealos.

ssonsk
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd say the 350z/G35
You can get parts cheap, they're pretty fast, and not too bad on gas (they also sound amazing).

But if you want back seats get the g35 coupe, because 350z don't have back seats.

And You DO NOT want to get an evo if you're not going to do maintenance your self, and they suck ass on gas.

Bacon
03-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd say the 350z/G35
You can get parts cheap, they're pretty fast, and not too bad on gas (they also sound amazing).

But if you want back seats get the g35 coupe, because 350z don't have back seats.

And You DO NOT want to get an evo if you're not going to do maintenance your self, and they suck ass on gas.

So an overpriced, glorified Nissan is cheaper to maintain than an EVO? Why do I find that bad advice? I may run out and buy a Lexus then since the higher end cars are cheaper.

bodhi
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey, op.

If you want something for yourself, something that you can call your own. Save a little money and get yourself exactly what you want. If your parents still want to help you, then okay. There is nothing wrong with getting a little help from your parents. You're already working so I can safely say that you also help your parents around the house, maybe with a bill or two, maybe for food who knows. It's great that you're going to school and working though, not many kids do that nowadays.

As far as a car, you should get something like a Civic EX. Something where if something happens you have 100 different shops in a 2 mile radius to go to. Jumping straight to a 6 cylinder car like a G35 or 350z will only bring issues further along the road. They aren't as quick as you may think, and for a student who will eventually go to collage - driving from one place to your work and then home could easily add-up, as far as gas. Your still have to factor in your insurance which could be pretty high, unless it's under one of your parents' name then it might not be as high, though this is considering they have a good record. Modifications for a G/Z aren't cheap and once you slap on your basic bolt-ons there is nothing else you can really do to make it quicker. An already boosted car is the easiest way to go if you want power. Experience is key. Without that key you can't turn on the car of your dreams.

If you're not a reckless person though, get whatever you want. My first car was a WRX. I saved up $5,000 for a down payment at 17 years old which is why my dad decided to help me. Because he knew I was dedicated to getting what I wanted.

How about checking out cars like a Hyundai Tiburon, or a Kia Soul. There are many, many cars that you can easily work on. Your list is pretty short - do a little more research before jumping the gun.

Good luck, kid.

ssonsk
03-02-2013, 03:18 PM
So an overpriced, glorified Nissan is cheaper to maintain than an EVO? Why do I find that bad advice? I may run out and buy a Lexus then since the higher end cars are cheaper.

You said it your self it's an glorified nissan
It's the same car, but with added crap.
and Evos are expensive if you're not going to do the work for them

Take that Bacon!

Bacon
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Take what? Fail to see what you did here.

RsonGt3's
03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Maybe I need to re arrange what I said, I wasn't being that much with Gas and Maintenance. I want a car where I can have it the way I want, upgrade , ebay lip ,ebay spoiler, or what ever ebay has for it. I can't do that with the bimmer, as a student that's alot. Anyway I just like having stanced nice loud car I guess.
Guys he is just trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd.

Let me guess you also want to add the 10k hids on non projected headlights and fog lights so you can ruin everyones vision while driving down the road at night, and put someone else's life in danger.

I smell rice coming to the pictures section.

What ever you get don't spray paint the factory wheels please. You have the luck of having wealthy parents use that to be successful just like them and stop worrying about trying to have a hella stanced, fart canned motor vehicle.

Aeroscout977
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Guys help me pick between apples and oranges.

Catnip
03-02-2013, 06:16 PM
How about checking out cars like a Hyundai Tiburon, or a Kia Soul. There are many, many cars that you can easily work on. Your list is pretty short - do a little more research before jumping the gun.

Some of the new Hyundais/Kias have a 20 year/200,000 mile warranty. That'd be something to look into. While these guys are having to buy new motors, transmissions, diffs for their 5-10 year old cars, you can be fucking set and just take it to the stealership for a new part. The cars are of decent quality these days and not very expensive for a brand new vehicle.

Echonova
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
There is something about emissions to me that seems a lot like witchcraft.

I haven't had to deal with emissions in almost two decades... But I feel that time is coming to an end.

Rest assured I will skirt the law in any capacity I can.

ssonsk
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Guys help me pick between apples and oranges.

I'd go with apples

you just pick it up and it's instant food like right there. If you go with an orange you have to go through all the shit like finding something to start the peel (if you don't have finger nails) and taking off all the skin. If I wanted to work for my food I'd go hide in a bush naked and wait for an unsuspecting deer or chick (whichever cums first).

e.mury
03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Guys he is just trying to fit in with the rest of the crowd.

Let me guess you also want to add the 10k hids on no projected headlights and fog lights so you can ruin everyones vision while driving down the road at night, and put someone else's life in danger.

I smell rice coming to the pictures section.

What ever you get don't spray paint the factory wheels please. You have the luck of having wealthy parents use that to be successful just like them and stop worrying about trying to have a hella stanced, fart canned motor vehicle.

Damn dude, calm down...

Sinfix_15
03-02-2013, 10:19 PM
There is something about emissions to me that seems a lot like witchcraft.

I haven't had to deal with emissions in almost two decades... But I feel that time is coming to an end.

Rest assured I will skirt the law in any capacity I can.

http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f/32021559/m5lp_0509_20_+snow_methanol_injection_kit+methanol _jug.jpg

Catnip
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Damn dude, calm down...

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a05/n4/lg/games-play-rowdy-kids-1.1-800x800.jpg

Aeroscout977
03-03-2013, 08:02 AM
http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f/32021559/m5lp_0509_20_+snow_methanol_injection_kit+methanol _jug.jpg

mmmm I can smell the formaldehyde from here.

e.mury
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a05/n4/lg/games-play-rowdy-kids-1.1-800x800.jpg
I assume this child is being sexually abused by a peer...thats terrible:yumyum:

Doppelgänger
03-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Hey, op.

If you want something for yourself, something that you can call your own. Save a little money and get yourself exactly what you want. If your parents still want to help you, then okay. There is nothing wrong with getting a little help from your parents. You're already working so I can safely say that you also help your parents around the house, maybe with a bill or two, maybe for food who knows. It's great that you're going to school and working though, not many kids do that nowadays.

As far as a car, you should get something like a Civic EX. Something where if something happens you have 100 different shops in a 2 mile radius to go to. Jumping straight to a 6 cylinder car like a G35 or 350z will only bring issues further along the road. They aren't as quick as you may think, and for a student who will eventually go to collage - driving from one place to your work and then home could easily add-up, as far as gas. Your still have to factor in your insurance which could be pretty high, unless it's under one of your parents' name then it might not be as high, though this is considering they have a good record. Modifications for a G/Z aren't cheap and once you slap on your basic bolt-ons there is nothing else you can really do to make it quicker. An already boosted car is the easiest way to go if you want power. Experience is key. Without that key you can't turn on the car of your dreams.

If you're not a reckless person though, get whatever you want. My first car was a WRX. I saved up $5,000 for a down payment at 17 years old which is why my dad decided to help me. Because he knew I was dedicated to getting what I wanted.

Good luck, kid.

See post #28

BenjaminJunu
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
why is everybody against evo's? they are very reliable cars until you start messing with them. They are not bad on gas. 25 mpg highway and 20mpg city. maintenance is something you will have to do for any car. I'm sure it costs less to maintain an evo than a bmw. they are a bit more expensive, but they hold their value very well. If you can't afford to maintain an evo, can you maintain any car? should you be driving?
belts, tires, oil,filters and spark plugs just like any other car. most people will mod them rather than maintain them which will leave you with a pos and problematic car.

CSquared
03-07-2013, 08:11 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/07/e3eduhy3.jpg

Doppelgänger
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Hahahahaha

§treet_§peed
03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
hmm, I do not want it anymore though. Giving back to my dad its not new its an 03 but I just started having little issues like the Halo burnt out and its $200+ to get it fixed, gas is $oo much.
If you think gas is to much for that Beamer, then you better not get anything except the Si lol.