PDA

View Full Version : I need Help pronto! Clutch pedal problems!

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Hey guys i have a problem with my clutch pedal when i depresss it it barelly disengages and i have to press the pedal to the floor to even get some disengaging also it is very hard to shift gears i think its from the clutch not fully disengaged! Can someone help me please!

ThrowBack
12-08-2005, 08:29 AM
DAMN!!! WHO FUKED UP YOUR CAR!!!!!

speedminded
12-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey guys i have a problem with my clutch pedal when i depresss it it barelly disengages and i have to press the pedal to the floor to even get some disengaging also it is very hard to shift gears i think its from the clutch not fully disengaged! Can someone help me please!hydraulic or cable? have you adjusted it at all?

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 02:43 PM
It's hydraulic! I think i might be my throw out bearing! And nick you paying for it it's only $30.00 I don't how much labor will be because i can't do it my self!

speedminded
12-08-2005, 02:59 PM
It's hydraulic! I think i might be my throw out bearing! And nick you paying for it it's only $30.00 I don't how much labor will be because i can't do it my self!you're the 3rd or 4th person that has said throw-out bearing in the last couple weeks...and only 1 is positively bad. Why do you think it is the TO bearing?

How much you want to spend on labor? It involves pulling the transmission, sliding off the clutch/pressureplate, replacing, and reinstall tranny...

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Well the throw out bearing is what spreads or pushes the plates apart from each other the disengage the tranmission from the engine! And it is very hard to get the car to go into all gears and i don't think i need to bleed because i can mash the clutch pedal to the floor and when i do that it will disengage somewhat right before the pedal reaches the floor! I'm so confused this is fucked up ! On labor i don't know if me and my grandfather can't do it then i will have to pay labor! And i'll pay whatever to get the job done but not for overcharging!

Spyder
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
check the clutch slave cylinder, that is normally the first thing to go bad because they are exposed to the elements and move. they are also generally inexpensvive and easy to replace. look for any sign of fluid around it mainly near the rubber part that covers the metal rod. while you are down there check the rubber line that goes from the hard line to the clutch slave.

next is to check the clutch master cylinder for any corrosion or leaks. be sure the fluid level is where it should be and that the fluid isnt nasty.

if none of the other things have helped next item is to bleed the clutch fluid, these bleed the same as a brake line.

once you get to this point and are all out of options you have one more thing to try.. adjust the threaded rod that goes between the clutch master cylinder and the top of the clutch pedal assembly.

if none of this fixes it you have bent a clutch fork or destroyed a clutch. a throw out bearing make noise and will cause the clutch to not disengage, if there is no noise it likely isnt the problem.

speedminded
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
check the clutch slave cylinder, that is normally the first thing to go bad because they are exposed to the elements and move. they are also generally inexpensvive and easy to replace. look for any sign of fluid around it mainly near the rubber part that covers the metal rod. while you are down there check the rubber line that goes from the hard line to the clutch slave.

next is to check the clutch master cylinder for any corrosion or leaks. be sure the fluid level is where it should be and that the fluid isnt nasty.

if none of the other things have helped next item is to bleed the clutch fluid, these bleed the same as a brake line.

once you get to this point and are all out of options you have one more thing to try.. adjust the threaded rod that goes between the clutch master cylinder and the top of the clutch pedal assembly.

if none of this fixes it you have bent a clutch fork or destroyed a clutch. a throw out bearing make noise and will cause the clutch to not disengage, if there is no noise it likely isnt the problem.if it's the master cylinder than the pedal will probably stick to the floor...so most likely is the slave or inside the gear box.

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok i will check all of those! How would i go about bleeding the clutch? Also i just replaced my master cylinder because it was leaking and now its fine! Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it because last night i was so mad and now it's all because of my friend i guess! Also speedminded and Spyder the pedal when i depress it it goes down and will come up just half way then i have to pull it up with my foot sometimes to get it to fully come back up to normal height!

Spyder
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
if it's the master cylinder than the pedal will probably stick to the floor...so most likely is the slave or inside the gear box.
not always, mine was leaking inside the car.. i didnt notice the problem till one day i saw the floor looked wet.. as i chased the source... yep it was running down the fire wall into the carpet.

Spyder
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Ok i will check all of those! How would i go about bleeding the clutch? Also i just replaced my master cylinder because it was leaking and now its fine! Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it because last night i was so mad and now it's all because of my friend i guess!
you replaced it... did you then bleed it properly? its likely that it has air bubbles in it and that is the problem, it will cost you about 3 bucks to fix if that is the case. Bleeding brakes and clutches works like this and you must have 2 people unless you have good tools, judging by the fact im telling you how to do this, you dont lol.

start by getting a hose that fits the nipple on the clutch slave and is about 12 or so inches long. you need a clear bottle to and some fluid.

place the hose on the nipple.
pour enough brake fluid in the bottle so the hose can sit in it and be covered.
place the hose in the bottle makins sure it is under the level of the fluid.

person1 is inside the car, person 2 is under it.

person one pumps the clutch a few times then HOLD IT DOWN.
person two opens the clutch bleeder then CLOSES it
person one pumps the clutch a few times then HOLDS IT DOWN.

do this a few times then check the fluid level do NOT let it get to low or you get to start over.

good luck.

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh well i didn't know it was the same process because somebody else on another forum said i would have to buy a pheonix injection pump to bleed the slave cylinder! But i did the master cylinder replacement myself and bleed the brakes but i guess i didn't do it sufficient enough! Thanks for the help i really appreciate it! If that doesn't work then i will post up again or do you have yahoo messenger or aim? or a contact number?

Spyder
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh well i didn't know it was the same process because somebody else on another forum said i would have to buy a pheonix injection pump to bleed the slave cylinder! But i did the master cylinder replacement myself and bleed the brakes but i guess i didn't do it sufficient enough! Thanks for the help i really appreciate it! If that doesn't work then i will post up again or do you have yahoo messenger or aim? or a contact number?

you can do it with one person with a pressure bleeder, it takes 2 otherwise. if it wasnt properly bleed, that is the problem... im almost sure of it..

yea i have all that but im generally on here, and my AIM is listed ;)

i will be at BatlGround tonight then i will be back on later. good luck with it and dont keep driving it like that you will mess up your syncros among other things.

Spyder
12-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Also speedminded and Spyder the pedal when i depress it it goes down and will come up just half way then i have to pull it up with my foot sometimes to get it to fully come back up to normal height!
when you go to bleed the clutch it will do the same thing, if it returns at all dont panic.. its normal. just bleed it till it feels right. :)

lazyboi444
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok thanks alot! And i have not drove it since then! Thanks so much i can sleep a lil better now!