PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with water leakage,,,,

johnny_d
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I have my DB ( 4door 94-01 integra) and it leaking in the trunk ,,, I changed the trunk molding thing and It still leaks,,,, I adjusted the trunk and no change,,, I had to drill holes in the trunk to stop water from building up and going towards the front of the car,,,,,,,,,,, is there any silicon or special spray that I can put on the molding so it can maybe help stop the leaking, any advice or suggestions please ,,,,,

CSquared
02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Barack Obama. That dude cant even keep water out of your trunk.

johnny_d
02-16-2013, 08:08 AM
????????

Franco Tirador
02-17-2013, 02:55 PM
my prelude does the same crap, pisses me off, i had to also drill holes at the bottom of the spare tire compartment to keep water from building up, the only thing i can think of it either the tail lights seal, or the drain tubes that come from the sides of the sunroof under the headliner

johnny_d
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
i dont have sunroof and i changed the taillights gaskets already(brand new) i put the water hose on top of car and dropped the back seats to see and it leaking from the sides but i changed the seal and the aligned the trunk and still no difference

gsrteg
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
so when you sat in the back seat and trunk, and used a hose to pour water down the trunk, where was it leaking exactly? did the quarter panels or rear have an accident before? maybe the previous owner, replaced a quarter panel, and didnt align correctly. Try that water hose technique and see what exactly is happening. Then make sure the trunk gasket/weather stripping is sitting properly.

1civic
02-20-2013, 10:04 PM
so when you sat in the back seat and trunk, and used a hose to pour water down the trunk, where was it leaking exactly? did the quarter panels or rear have an accident before? maybe the previous owner, replaced a quarter panel, and didnt align correctly. Try that water hose technique and see what exactly is happening. Then make sure the trunk gasket/weather stripping is sitting properly.

Let's get more water in the car.. Ummm no! LOL

Smoke method works best!!

johnny_d
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Never heard of the smoke method,,,but as for the water method I did it again it coming from the corners were it starts to curve (near the trunk hinges) ,,( I put some weather strip silicon and waiting for it to dry

Mpeterson
04-09-2013, 04:14 AM
the only factor i can think of it either the end lighting closure, or the strain pipes that come from the edges of the sunroof under the headliner . . .