PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get the grade you wanted in College?? This is America. SUE!!!!!!

Echonova
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
We are officially well on our way to Hell. LOL

Pa. grad student sues, says C-plus cost her $1.3M - seattlepi.com (http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Pa-grad-student-sues-says-C-plus-cost-her-1-3M-4275084.php?fb_comment_id=fbc_497581853620883_7545 7978_497591030286632#src=fb)

isa2o3
02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
LMAO! Why the professor? Would't you sue the college?

.blank cd
02-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Suit isn't as cut and dry as it seems. She's claiming she targeted her because she was an advocate for gay marriage. There was enough evidence in a preliminary hearing to make a case for some sort of discrimination, so it's not like its really frivolous.

I'm interested in seeing the results.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Suit isn't as cut and dry as it seems. She's claiming she targeted her because she was an advocate for gay marriage. There was enough evidence in a preliminary hearing to make a case for some sort of discrimination, so it's not like its really frivolous.

If this actually leads to a settlement, every liberal professor in every college and university is going to shit bricks. Conservative students have fought this battle for decades and lost.

.blank cd
02-13-2013, 07:12 PM
If this actually leads to a settlement, every liberal professor in every college and university is going to shit bricks. Conservative students have fought this battle for decades and lost.

Do you have an instance of this happening? Something tells me it's less conservative students and more willfully ignorant students. A student failing biology cause he's a conservative Christian and believes in creationism isn't discrimination, its willful ignorance.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Do you have an instance of this happening? Something tells me it's less conservative students and more willfully ignorant students. A student failing biology cause he's a conservative Christian and believes in creationism isn't discrimination, its willful ignorance.

Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they'd discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/1/liberal-majority-on-campus-yes-were-biased/?page=all)

Student Says School Persecuted Him for Being Conservative | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,467626,00.html)

Texas A&M admin agrees to pay damages for discrimination against conservative students (http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4506)

A slight change in this one:
A Potentially Revolutionary Case: A Conservative College Professor Suing A Liberal University For Discrimination - TPNN | The Tea Party News Network (http://tpnn.com/a-potentially-revolutionary-case-a-conservative-college-professor-suing-a-liberal-university-for-discrimination/)

There were a lot more and a LOT of articles about the social psychologist study, but you get the idea.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
A student failing biology cause he's a conservative Christian and believes in creationism isn't discrimination, its willful ignorance.

Whether you agree with creationism or evolution is irrelevant. I could come up with dozens of leftist teachings that are just as far fetched but would certainly pass an economics test written and graded by a liberal.

Echonova
02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/ku-xlarge_zpsca7dc7a5.gif

David88vert
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM

I read the article and came to the same conclusion - and obviously the judge did as well.

.blank cd
02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Whether you agree with creationism or evolution is irrelevant. I could come up with dozens of leftist teachings that are just as far fetched but would certainly pass an economics test written and graded by a liberal.

If you come to a national-level economics class with a "government should be run like my checkbook" attitude, you're gonna fail, and you should. The classroom isn't a place to interject with your ideological beliefs. Period. You come to learn why A+B=C, not what you think it is. I think some people's "left-right" barometer is skewed

BanginJimmy
02-13-2013, 08:42 PM
If you come to a national-level economics class with a "government should be run like my checkbook" attitude, you're gonna fail, and you should. The classroom isn't a place to interject with your ideological beliefs. Period. You come to learn why A+B=C, not what you think it is. I think some people's "left-right" barometer is skewed

I agree completely but we both know this isnt the case. We also both know that biases are every bit as much a part of curriculum as actual facts are.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2.

§treet_§peed
02-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Didn't you guys know?! Suing someone, a company, or people is the American way to get wealthy.

Echonova
02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
It was fun while it lasted... Case was thrown out.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2013/02/14/College_students_lawsuit_over_grade_thrown_out.htm l

BanginJimmy
02-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Not a surprise at all.

Vteckidd
02-15-2013, 12:38 PM

I actually understand why, its not a precedent I want to see happen though. My sister was purposefully given a D on her final paper in her mandatory Women Studies class when the professor found out that her husband was in the Military and was serving abroad. She was anti war and anti military, she gave her an D. My sister had received As on every paper before that.

when My sister approached the professor to ask why the grade was a D and if she could get some feedback, the professor told her "if you question me any further , ill change it to an F". My sister threatened to go to the Dean and the professor said "go for it we are friends"

TRUE STORY not making this up. She should have gone to the news and gotten exposure on it, but it was a worhtless class she still ended up with a B in it. But i could see her suing because that Teacher could have effected her degree

Vteckidd
02-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Agreed. Econ isnt about Obama or Bush being right or wrong, its about theory and discussion. If you asked me to write a paper based upon the best economic system, and I argued a conservative approach, i should get full credit if i fulfilledthe assignment whether you agree or not

I have a paper i wrote for my humanities class that i did this in. I had to write a creative story, I basically wrote a paper arguing why i should get partial credit because Humanities wasnt a "creative writing" type class. I argues that i was being creative by NOT being creative.

I got an "A"