PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else think Obama...

On_Her_Face
02-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Should have done more to honor Chris Kyle? Err at least anything? I hope he mentions something or wears something to recognize a lost American hero.

If Obama did give any recognition could you post it? I must of missed it somehow.

bu villain
02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately heroes die pretty regularly. I understand Chris Kyle was a great sniper and died as a result of being a charitable person but I'm honestly not sure what should be the criteria for when the president should acknowledge the death of an individual. Thousands have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. They may not have been as good of a shot or written any books but does that make them less deserving of recognition for their sacrifice. I'm open to other opinions and to learning more about Kyle.

C230K
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
You just opened a can of worms

.blank cd
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately heroes die pretty regularly. I understand Chris Kyle was a great sniper and died as a result of being a charitable person but I'm honestly not sure what should be the criteria for when the president should acknowledge the death of an individual. Thousands have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. They may not have been as good of a shot or written any books but does that make them less deserving of recognition for their sacrifice.This is the best answer you're gonna get.

Elbow
02-12-2013, 04:37 PM
All of this is on Facebook. As said, many great individuals die who fought for this country, in my opinion if Obama recognizes one, he will have to recognize them all or a whole other storm will develop. It sounds like a douche move yeah and it's hard for me to say that it's right, but I'm sure his PR person or whoever handles his moves in front of the public has a reason why.

Do we as citizens show our respect for every killed US soldier? We should be the most thankful for those who keep us safe.

Echonova
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I agree with almost everything that has been posted here. Tragic that he died, but does that rise to the level of President publicly talking about it? I don't think so.

Despite what you read on FB, Obama did not order the flags at half mast for Whitney Houston. I'm no fan of the President, but we can't blame him for everything...

BanginJimmy
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately heroes die pretty regularly. I understand Chris Kyle was a great sniper and died as a result of being a charitable person but I'm honestly not sure what should be the criteria for when the president should acknowledge the death of an individual. Thousands have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. They may not have been as good of a shot or written any books but does that make them less deserving of recognition for their sacrifice. I'm open to other opinions and to learning more about Kyle.

I'm just going to say it. Obama went out of his way to recognize Trevon Martin.

Vteckidd
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm just going to say it. Obama went out of his way to recognize Trevon Martin.

National Polarizing issue, i would venture most americans know Treyvon Martin, most wont know Chris Kyle

Sinfix_15
02-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Does anybody else think Obama is a worthless piece of shit?

<raises hand>

Sinfix_15
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
National Polarizing issue, i would venture most americans know Treyvon Martin, most wont know Chris Kyle

That's the problem. Our president panders to the audience rather than doing the right thing. An american hero dies and the response is "this isnt a big enough PR moment for our rock star president".... but if Snooki died.... liberals would throw a parade.

Echonova
02-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Does anybody else think Obama is a worthless piece of shit?

<raises hand>~raises hand~

Let me add the caveat that he shouldn't commented on the Treyvon case either... Or about the Cambridge police, or Sandra Fluke, or...

Julio
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Here we go...

Sinfix_15
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Here we go...

get used to it.... its gonna last for at least a decade. I have a feeling our generation will be sitting in rocking chairs on our porch when we're 50 talking about how big of a piece of shit Obama was.

.blank cd
02-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Here we go...

Yep

Vteckidd
02-13-2013, 12:41 AM
That's the problem. Our president panders to the audience rather than doing the right thing. An american hero dies and the response is "this isnt a big enough PR moment for our rock star president".... but if Snooki died.... liberals would throw a parade.

It was a racially charged hotly debated and horribly reported story by the media. Thats what made it relevant.

Im not saying i agree with it, im just saying theres a reason he responded, and im not sure it was because he is a "piece or shit" or that was his motivation behind it.

It speaks more to his "score political points" more than anything. Hes never been a leader , he says things that ignite a argument, but rarely does anything to lead people to that place he wants to go.

Sinfix_15
02-13-2013, 12:58 AM
It was a racially charged hotly debated and horribly reported story by the media. Thats what made it relevant.

Im not saying i agree with it, im just saying theres a reason he responded, and im not sure it was because he is a "piece or shit" or that was his motivation behind it.

It speaks more to his "score political points" more than anything. Hes never been a leader , he says things that ignite a argument, but rarely does anything to lead people to that place he wants to go.

I fear the "place he wants to go" and my absolute best expectations for him is that he fails in achieving anything. That is the best case scenario.

Elbow
02-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Eh, edited because Sinfix is already too stressed.

Echonova
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
^^^ I can read deleted comments.

You did the right thing.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/barneyrequestshighfive.gif

On_Her_Face
02-13-2013, 07:23 AM

Yes I understand this, everybody that serves is a hero to me. I guess I am just seeing Chris Kyle as an icon and figured due to his status there should have been some recognition. I am not trying to get into if Obama is great or awful, his actions speak for himself. The topic was I think Chris Kyle deserved something from the Commander and Chief.

Side note, has anybody read the book?

Sinfix_15
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
^^^ I can read deleted comments.

You did the right thing.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/barneyrequestshighfive.gif

Simon's comments usually dont bother me too much. I've accepted that he's a pillow soft liberal apologist and his insults go in one ear and out the other as if it was a nagging house wife bitching from the kitchen about the trash not being taken out.

Elbow
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Simon's comments usually dont bother me too much. I've accepted that he's a pillow soft liberal apologist and his insults go in one ear and out the other as if it was a nagging house wife bitching from the kitchen about the trash not being taken out.

It was a troll post but someone may have seen it and thought I was serious.

I like how I'm automatically classed as a liberal for having an open mind and not agreeing with all of your views. I am pillow soft, I'm a nice and caring person. Want a hug?

Sinfix_15
02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
It was a troll post but someone may have seen it and thought I was serious.

I like how I'm automatically classed as a liberal for having an open mind and not agreeing with all of your views. I am pillow soft, I'm a nice and caring person. Want a hug?

I'm not the hugging type. I dont classify you because you dont agree with me..... lot of people here dont agree with me and i dont label them liberals. I certainly do not claim to be the "conservative voice" on this forum... especially since i do not even claim to be a conservative.

Elbow
02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm not the hugging type. I dont classify you because you dont agree with me..... lot of people here dont agree with me and i dont label them liberals. I certainly do not claim to be the "conservative voice" on this forum... especially since i do not even claim to be a conservative.

Well not that I care to be called a liberal I just think its funny you always point someone out as a liberal if they see things a tad different. I think gun opinions are the big thing on if you determine someone as a liberal.

No hugs? You gay.

bu villain
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes I understand this, everybody that serves is a hero to me. I guess I am just seeing Chris Kyle as an icon and figured due to his status there should have been some recognition. I am not trying to get into if Obama is great or awful, his actions speak for himself. The topic was I think Chris Kyle deserved something from the Commander and Chief.

I honestly had never heard of him until he died.

BanginJimmy
02-13-2013, 04:16 PM

I couldnt agree more.

The real issue with me here is the racial side of it. He seems to have a knack for jumping on stories that can easily be twisted into racial altercations. Maybe its pandering to his black base, maybe he really does want the country divided along any lines he can find. I dont know what his motivations are, but the perception is of a president who is quick to accuse someone of racism, even before he has the facts.

Sinfix_15
02-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Well not that I care to be called a liberal I just think its funny you always point someone out as a liberal if they see things a tad different. I think gun opinions are the big thing on if you determine someone as a liberal.

No hugs? You gay.

if you're anti gun..... at all.... you're on my shit list.

Aeroscout977
02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
The real heros don't do it for praise or remembrance. They could care less whats done for them in the afterlife. If you want to honor them live up to the standards and freedoms they sacrificed so much for.

Sinfix_15
02-13-2013, 11:02 PM
The real heros don't do it for praise or remembrance. They could care less whats done for them in the afterlife. If you want to honor them live up to the standards and freedoms they sacrificed so much for.

Amen to that......

Elbow
02-14-2013, 06:04 AM
if you're anti gun..... at all.... you're on my shit list.

:lmfao:

On_Her_Face
02-14-2013, 08:44 AM

That is a totally different subject. I do agree though.

Sinfix_15
02-14-2013, 10:24 AM
:lmfao:

Typical of a liberal to not understand that stance.

I'll try to explain it to you in a way that you might be more likely to understand.......

If the government said they wanted to ban ordering a cosmo at a heterosexual bar, i would also stand up against that ban. Even though banning cosmos would have zero effect on my life because i dont drink them, i still understand that the government is taking something from someone who enjoys it without justification for doing so. If they think they can take your freedom, they will think they can take my freedom. "an attack on anyone's freedom is an attack on everyone's freedom" The 2nd amendment being attacked is extra significant, because in essence, it is the amendment to defend all amendments. Once it falls, you're a pet.

So when you say to me "i support an assault weapons ban" what i hear is "i support the government banning something without justification as long as its not something that has an effect on my life"

and when you think that.....

i think you're a bitch.

One of these is the american people and one is the government. Which one you think you are is a pretty clear way to find out if you're a liberal.
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/OlgaDrozdova/OlgaDrozdova0910/OlgaDrozdova091000052/5696210-the-man-just-keeps-his-large-dog-on-a-leash-vector.jpg

bu villain
02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
So when you say to me "i support an assault weapons ban" what i hear is "i support the government banning something without justification as long as its not something that has an effect on my life"

The key here is "without justification". You may not agree with the justification, but it doesn't mean there is none. On this particular subject, I happen to be closer to your side but I can still understand why others feel differently.

One of these is the american people and one is the government. Which one you think you are is a pretty clear way to find out if you're a liberal.

This assumes a false dichotomy. Not everyone sees the American Government and the American people as two distinctly different entities.

Elbow
02-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Typical of a liberal to not understand that stance.

I'll try to explain it to you in a way that you might be more likely to understand.......

If the government said they wanted to ban ordering a cosmo at a heterosexual bar, i would also stand up against that ban. Even though banning cosmos would have zero effect on my life because i dont drink them, i still understand that the government is taking something from someone who enjoys it without justification for doing so. If they think they can take your freedom, they will think they can take my freedom. "an attack on anyone's freedom is an attack on everyone's freedom" The 2nd amendment being attacked is extra significant, because in essence, it is the amendment to defend all amendments. Once it falls, you're a pet.

and when you think that.....

i think you're a bitch.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/OlgaDrozdova/OlgaDrozdova0910/OlgaDrozdova091000052/5696210-the-man-just-keeps-his-large-dog-on-a-leash-vector.jpg

NEWS FLASH: I DON'T SUPPORT AN ASSAULT WEAPON BAN NOR DO I SUPPORT ANY GUN BANS.

That's the issue with you, you CAN'T READ. lol

Sinfix_15
02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
NEWS FLASH: I DON'T SUPPORT AN ASSAULT WEAPON BAN NOR DO I SUPPORT ANY GUN BANS.

That's the issue with you, you CAN'T READ. lol

Then you should be equally as outraged at Obama as i am! Join the club!

Sinfix_15
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
The key here is "without justification". You may not agree with the justification, but it doesn't mean there is none. On this particular subject, I happen to be closer to your side but I can still understand why others feel differently.

This assumes a false dichotomy. Not everyone sees the American Government and the American people as two distinctly different entities.

Assault rifles are less than a 1/2 of a percent of criminal activity in america. If that .5% is all the justification the government needs..... then god help us all.

C230K
02-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Assault rifles are less than a 1/2 of a percent of criminal activity in america. If that .5% is all the justification the government needs..... then god help us all.

What about assault rifles being used in mass shootings? The percentage is higher than in criminal activity. Do you think that guy who did the shooting at the Dark Knight theatre would have killed more people with a hand gun instead of an assault rifle? Sandy Hook is another one. Obama is trying to reduce tragedies like these from happening.

FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts (http://factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/)

One thing that is clear: Guns are effective lethal weapons. “If there were no guns, the lethality of crimes would be less,” says Wellford. “You can’t have a drive-by knifing.”

In all cases of injury prevention, says Hemenway, the agent, or method, involved makes a difference. On Dec. 14, the day of the shooting in Newtown, another attack occurred at an elementary school in China. The attacker there had a knife, and injured 22 kids and one adult. But no one was killed. Why the stark difference in fatalities? “The answer is the type of weapon they had,” Hemenway says.

Echonova
02-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Here’s a funny fact about FactCheck.org: Barack Obama was Chairman of The Board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 until 2000. The Challenge had to do with reforming Chicago public schools.

But, it was funded by the same source that funds FactCheck.org: The Annenberg Foundation. If you go to FactCheck.org and look at the logo, you will see “ANNENBERG POLITICAL FACTCHECK.”

You can read all of the documentation about this connection between Obama and the Annenberg organizations on Wikipedia: Chicago Annenberg Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Annenberg_Challenge)

So…knowing this now…can you REALLY rely on FactCheck.org to tell you the “true” and “accurate” facts about anything regarding Obama and Joe Biden?

Echonova
02-14-2013, 10:30 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/387552_3915198674775_515570372_n_zpsa0faa2c0.jpg

Sinfix_15
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
What about assault rifles being used in mass shootings? The percentage is higher than in criminal activity. Do you think that guy who did the shooting at the Dark Knight theatre would have killed more people with a hand gun instead of an assault rifle? Sandy Hook is another one. Obama is trying to reduce tragedies like these from happening.

FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts (http://factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/)

One thing that is clear: Guns are effective lethal weapons. “If there were no guns, the lethality of crimes would be less,” says Wellford. “You can’t have a drive-by knifing.”

In all cases of injury prevention, says Hemenway, the agent, or method, involved makes a difference. On Dec. 14, the day of the shooting in Newtown, another attack occurred at an elementary school in China. The attacker there had a knife, and injured 22 kids and one adult. But no one was killed. Why the stark difference in fatalities? “The answer is the type of weapon they had,” Hemenway says.

Sweet.... fact checkers.... the same people who told us that Mitt Romney told the biggest lie of the campaign when he said that Jeep was going to China. Obama and the liberal media thugs attacked him relentlessly over that accusation. The worker's at Jeep even turned on him and publicly called him a liar.

Chrysler announces deal to build Jeeps in China (http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/01/15/jeep-guangzhou-china/1566380/)

America doesnt have a gun problem, we have a crime problem. You're only looking at one side of the coin if you judge guns based on gun crime alone. Even in a country where guns are so prevalent, 5000+ home invasions happen a day in the US. Do you think the absence of guns will help or hurt with that? Given the number of guns in the US, how long do you think it would take before guns were actually removed from society even if you did get your wish? 50 years? 100 years? 200 years?.... Also, people invented guns. They werent gifts that the government passed out. If you removed purchasable weapons, people would create weapons. Banning assault weapons accomplishes absolutely nothing. It's nothing more than a feel good in your face america story for liberal parasites who wish to reconstruct the country as they see fit. I was watching the SOTU and afterwards they interviewed some bleeding heart liberal who probably had to hide the boner in his pants he was so happy.... and this guy said something along the lines of....

"wow, if Obama gets everything he wants, this will be a completely different country in 5 years"

Though this guy said it with a smile on his face and with utmost confidence.... i thought to myself... "and thats the fucking problem".....

David88vert
02-15-2013, 06:06 AM

Actually, it was not the type of weapon. It was the intention of the criminal. He intentionally slashed instead of stabbed - knowing that he would not actually kill at the school. Factcheck was probably only were able to look at the English version published with the video. He did stab the old woman when he broke into her house, so he did use stabbing as well. Look at the Chinese publications on the attack.

Regardless, 25 students have been killed in random knife attacks in China since 2010, with 110 injured. When will they ban all these dangerous knives in China?

Elbow
02-15-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm going to have to say it would be FAR easier to kill 20 people with a gun than kill 20 people with a knife. It takes barely any time to go pop pop pop at people versus walking up and stabbing someone one by one without anyone tackling you. There's no argument here.

David88vert
02-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm going to have to say it would be FAR easier to kill 20 people with a gun than kill 20 people with a knife. It takes barely any time to go pop pop pop at people versus walking up and stabbing someone one by one without anyone tackling you. There's no argument here.

It depends on the situation and location. Who is able to fight back in an elementary school room? The tool doesn't make a difference there, as first graders can't fight an adult. If someone wants to do evil, they will find a way. We need to address the source, whixh is the person commiting the crime. Removing the tools from law-abiding citizens will not prevent these situations - and Obama stated it during his SOTU address.

Sinfix_15
02-15-2013, 06:25 PM

You cant have freedom without the freedom to do bad things. Freedom is dangerous...... we knew that when we founded this country.

You could kill a building full of people with supplies from home depot. If you take one tool away, the next tool is picked up. You will never prevent evil people from doing evil things by banning inanimate objects. In this case..... the government isnt even seeking to ban the criminals "tool" of choice. Assault rifles are RARELY used in crimes..... AR is just an agreeable mascot used to manipulate the masses.

Aeroscout977
02-15-2013, 09:07 PM
That is a totally different subject. I do agree though.

Not really, it was in direct response to your post. Soldiers don't give a damn about presidential recognition. Politicians use other's sacrifices to gain points in the public eye. We all know they don't actually give a shit about us.

Sinfix_15
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Not really, it was in direct response to your post. Soldiers don't give a damn about presidential recognition. Politicians use other's sacrifices to gain points in the public eye. We all know they don't actually give a shit about us.

If they cared, they wouldnt seek to remove everything theyve asked you to fight for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7C44B55YYLQ

Aeroscout977
02-15-2013, 11:09 PM
^Exactly.

"The Gestapo was specifically exempted from responsibility to administrative courts, where citizens normally could sue the state to conform to laws. As early as 1935, however, a Prussian administrative court had ruled that the Gestapo's actions were not subject to judicial review."

Now look at our country.

1)Patriot Act
2)National Defense Budget Act of 2012
3)Extrajudicial Assassination of American Citizens
4)Removal of the 2nd Amendment
5)Manhattan Federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein has declined to hold the CIA in contempt for destroying videos that it had been ordered by the courts to preserve.

This country's going to shit.

Elbow
02-16-2013, 09:28 AM
It depends on the situation and location. Who is able to fight back in an elementary school room? The tool doesn't make a difference there, as first graders can't fight an adult. If someone wants to do evil, they will find a way. We need to address the source, whixh is the person commiting the crime. Removing the tools from law-abiding citizens will not prevent these situations - and Obama stated it during his SOTU address.

TEACHERS can stop a knife slinging crazy man though, with a gun, it may be harder. There's absolutely no debate that a gun is the easiest weapon to obtain that can cause the most damage. Does that mean ban them? No, so Sinfix don't get all pissy with this comment, I'm just saying though, guns make it easy to kill quickly in numbers.

A guy with a knife snuck in my mom's school when she was teaching, he was tackled by a few teachers, they got the knife, and held him down while the police arrived. If he had a gun, I think it's safe to assume the outcome would have been much different. Say what you want about security measures or whatever, but a gun vs a knife the gun is the deadlier weapon.

"You brought a knife to a gun fight."

You cant have freedom without the freedom to do bad things. Freedom is dangerous...... we knew that when we founded this country.

You could kill a building full of people with supplies from home depot. If you take one tool away, the next tool is picked up. You will never prevent evil people from doing evil things by banning inanimate objects. In this case..... the government isnt even seeking to ban the criminals "tool" of choice. Assault rifles are RARELY used in crimes..... AR is just an agreeable mascot used to manipulate the masses.

You ALWAYS bring up assault rifles. lol

I'm saying a GUN, I pistol, shotgun, rifle who cares, is a better tool to kill a mass number than a hammer, knife, brick, whatever. Let me guess "a bomb would be better" guns are easy to obtain, cheap, and a moron can handle one.

Like I said, I'm not saying ban guns, I'm just saying.

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
TEACHERS can stop a knife slinging crazy man though, with a gun, it may be harder. There's absolutely no debate that a gun is the easiest weapon to obtain that can cause the most damage. Does that mean ban them? No, so Sinfix don't get all pissy with this comment, I'm just saying though, guns make it easy to kill quickly in numbers.

A guy with a knife snuck in my mom's school when she was teaching, he was tackled by a few teachers, they got the knife, and held him down while the police arrived. If he had a gun, I think it's safe to assume the outcome would have been much different. Say what you want about security measures or whatever, but a gun vs a knife the gun is the deadlier weapon.

"You brought a knife to a gun fight."

You ALWAYS bring up assault rifles. lol

I'm saying a GUN, I pistol, shotgun, rifle who cares, is a better tool to kill a mass number than a hammer, knife, brick, whatever. Let me guess "a bomb would be better" guns are easy to obtain, cheap, and a moron can handle one.

Like I said, I'm not saying ban guns, I'm just saying.

Assault rifles are a part of our culture. The belief that the 2nd amendment is partially to protect us from tyranny is a part of our culture. These are ideas that politicians have spent decades asking 18 year old men to die for and now they ask you to sit idle while they attempt to remove them.

Freedom is dangerous....... founding fathers recognized that day one. If they could be awakened and asked about their intentions they wouldnt say "omg we didnt realize freedom was so dangerous, take it away" they would probably say "yeah, pretty much what we expected, who is this moron you elected president?"

On_Her_Face
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Yeah the soldiers caring or not caring about presidential recognition is a different subject from the president giving recognition to somebody who I think deserved some type of recognition. I was agreeing that the real heroes do not do it for praise.

Elbow
02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Assault rifles are a part of our culture. The belief that the 2nd amendment is partially to protect us from tyranny is a part of our culture. These are ideas that politicians have spent decades asking 18 year old men to die for and now they ask you to sit idle while they attempt to remove them.

Freedom is dangerous....... founding fathers recognized that day one. If they could be awakened and asked about their intentions they wouldnt say "omg we didnt realize freedom was so dangerous, take it away" they would probably say "yeah, pretty much what we expected, who is this moron you elected president?"

How does this response relate to mine? lol

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 02:32 PM
How does this response relate to mine? lol

You keep saying "they couldnt have done that with a knife" or "you can kill 100 people with a knife".....

Freedom is dangerous......................................... ............................... you cant remove danger without removing freedom. How can you not relate my response???????????

You also said " you keep bring up _______" that's because it's a part of our culture. Politicians have spent decades asking people to die for the things i "keep bringing up". Theyve spent years telling you these things were worth fighting for.... and now they tell you to stop fighting for them.

Elbow
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
You keep saying "they couldnt have done that with a knife" or "you can kill 100 people with a knife".....

Freedom is dangerous......................................... ............................... you cant remove danger without removing freedom. How can you not relate my response???????????

You also said " you keep bring up _______" that's because it's a part of our culture. Politicians have spent decades asking people to die for the things i "keep bringing up". Theyve spent years telling you these things were worth fighting for.... and now they tell you to stop fighting for them.

No, I said it would be hard to kill 100 people with a knife.

Yes, freedom is dangerous. I never said you could prevent danger, well you could, but we'd all be locked up.

I haven't mentioned assault rifles in this knife debate. The debate I said was that a gun can easily kill a larger number faster and more efficiently than a knife.

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM

Yes, freedom is dangerous. I never said you could prevent danger, well you could, but we'd all be locked up.

I haven't mentioned assault rifles in this knife debate. The debate I said was that a gun can easily kill a larger number faster and more efficiently than a knife.

So what do you propose?

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 04:14 PM
The Vetting: Obama's Favorite Congressman Hangs With Commies (http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/12/The%20Vetting%20Obamas%20Favorite%20Congressman%20 Hangs%20At%20Communist%20Party%20HQ)

David88vert
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Chinese teachers were unable to save quite a few children from knife attacks. More than at Sandy Hook. Even if you remove guns completely from society, you haven't solved the real problem. That's a fact.

David88vert
02-16-2013, 04:39 PM

It's not exactly easy to kill 100 people with a gun either. You are trying to make it sound like it is just simple and anyone can easily do it, but if you look at reality, none of these people that tried to do it managed to succeed.

Is it easier with a knife or gun? Why does that question matter at all? The question should be, how do we stop people from wanting to kill in the first place.

Elbow
02-16-2013, 06:43 PM
So what do you propose?

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and get sick people off the streets.

Chinese teachers were unable to save quite a few children from knife attacks. More than at Sandy Hook. Even if you remove guns completely from society, you haven't solved the real problem. That's a fact.

I never said getting guns out would solve a problem. I have no idea how teachers couldn't take down someone with a knife though.

It's not exactly easy to kill 100 people with a gun either. You are trying to make it sound like it is just simple and anyone can easily do it, but if you look at reality, none of these people that tried to do it managed to succeed.

Is it easier with a knife or gun? Why does that question matter at all? The question should be, how do we stop people from wanting to kill in the first place.

Point is it IS easier to kill more people with a gun, that's a fact, simple as that. I'm just saying, not saying we should ban guns, but I don't see why some people don't see why people consider the gun the top of the weapon chart for killers.

Easier, faster, less hand to hand.

100 people may be a little intense yes, but if I ran into a room and wanted 5 people dead, I could probably kill those 5 people much easier with a gun than a knife.

The point I'm making? None. Simply a gun is a better tool than a knife. lol

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 06:51 PM

this IS the plan for the worst.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/213/d/4/Tactical_AKM_by_CorsairSX.jpg

Elbow
02-16-2013, 07:41 PM
this IS the plan for the worst.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/213/d/4/Tactical_AKM_by_CorsairSX.jpg

So little kids carrying rifles is the plan for the worst?

Quit your gun slinging comments, they don't even make sense with most conversations.

Sinfix_15
02-16-2013, 08:23 PM
So little kids carrying rifles is the plan for the worst?

Quit your gun slinging comments, they don't even make sense with most conversations.

The never ending quarrel between the peace lover and the peace maker.

Any real proposal outside of generic hippy rhetoric like "hope for the best" ?

btw, ever find your shotgun?

Echonova
02-16-2013, 11:17 PM

I haven't mentioned assault rifles in this knife debate. The debate I said was that a gun can easily kill a larger number faster and more efficiently than a knife.At the next Athens meet I am totally stabbing you in the chest with the Kershaw pocket knife I have on me every waking minute of the day.

Afterwards, you can ask yourself... "Self, do I really care about the other 99 people he's gonna kill with that knife besides me?" And you're gonna respond to yourself by saying to yourself "Self... I'm dead. Who cares? AIN'T NOBODY GOT NO TIME FOR DAT!!!!!"

If only you had a gun to stop me from the dastardly deed that I am planning. But alas... You do not. Oh well.

Call me from the afterlife and tell me how it is. I'm curious.

Elbow
02-17-2013, 05:21 AM
At the next Athens meet I am totally stabbing you in the chest with the Kershaw pocket knife I have on me every waking minute of the day.

Afterwards, you can ask yourself... "Self, do I really care about the other 99 people he's gonna kill with that knife besides me?" And you're gonna respond to yourself by saying to yourself "Self... I'm dead. Who cares? AIN'T NOBODY GOT NO TIME FOR DAT!!!!!"

If only you had a gun to stop me from the dastardly deed that I am planning. But alas... You do not. Oh well.

Call me from the afterlife and tell me how it is. I'm curious.

It'd be easier if you had a gun.

David88vert
02-17-2013, 07:55 AM
I never said getting guns out would solve a problem. I have no idea how teachers couldn't take down someone with a knife though.
Point is it IS easier to kill more people with a gun, that's a fact, simple as that. I'm just saying, not saying we should ban guns, but I don't see why some people don't see why people consider the gun the top of the weapon chart for killers.
Easier, faster, less hand to hand.
100 people may be a little intense yes, but if I ran into a room and wanted 5 people dead, I could probably kill those 5 people much easier with a gun than a knife.
The point I'm making? None. Simply a gun is a better tool than a knife. lol

As I mentioned earlier, location and situation determines which tool is best of the job. In your situation of 5 people above, the size of the room and placement of the individuals, along with their skills levels, as welll as your own skill level, would determine which is a better tool for that task.
A 10x10 room, with them spread out evenly all around, and you charging into the middle, does not mean you want a gun. Actually, if you have any combat skill, you would be more inclinded to choose a good long blade instead.
A gynasium or large lunch room (more in line with the Columbine situation), would call for a gun more.
Guns have a longer reach, but in tight quarters, then the knife has the advantage, due to its flexibility in use.

You have to use the right tool for the right situation. And to be clear, guns do have more situations where they are the better tool to use, but a blanket statement is not correct.
Your note of getting sick people off the streets is the part of a real approach to the problem. Planning for the worst involves placing armed individuals at schools to protect the students. The issue with that is it costs a LOT of money, and there is not a lot of extra money these days.

Let me make this clear to everyone. There is no problem with gun-free zones IF you address them correctly. Our courts are gun-free zones, yet we have armed baliffs to protect innocent people. Our planes are gun-free zones, yet we have sky marshalls. If you want to have a gun-free zone, then you have to provide adequate security for that venue. It's that simple. If you do not provide armed security on-site, then it should not be a gun-free zone.

David88vert
02-17-2013, 07:57 AM
It'd be easier to get caught if you had a gun.

Fixed.
A knife is better for a surprise murder in close proximity.
A gun is better to reach out and touch someone from a distance, but it is noisy and attracts more attention.

Out of curiosity, have you shot targets over 100 yards? How did you do? For most, it's not as easy as they think it is.
The longer the distance, the more practice it takes.

Elbow
02-17-2013, 08:17 AM
As I mentioned earlier, location and situation determines which tool is best of the job. In your situation of 5 people above, the size of the room and placement of the individuals, along with their skills levels, as welll as your own skill level, would determine which is a better tool for that task.
A 10x10 room, with them spread out evenly all around, and you charging into the middle, does not mean you want a gun. Actually, if you have any combat skill, you would be more inclinded to choose a good long blade instead.
A gynasium or large lunch room (more in line with the Columbine situation), would call for a gun more.
Guns have a longer reach, but in tight quarters, then the knife has the advantage, due to its flexibility in use.

You have to use the right tool for the right situation. And to be clear, guns do have more situations where they are the better tool to use, but a blanket statement is not correct.
Your note of getting sick people off the streets is the part of a real approach to the problem. Planning for the worst involves placing armed individuals at schools to protect the students. The issue with that is it costs a LOT of money, and there is not a lot of extra money these days.

Let me make this clear to everyone. There is no problem with gun-free zones IF you address them correctly. Our courts are gun-free zones, yet we have armed baliffs to protect innocent people. Our planes are gun-free zones, yet we have sky marshalls. If you want to have a gun-free zone, then you have to provide adequate security for that venue. It's that simple. If you do not provide armed security on-site, then it should not be a gun-free zone.

Fixed.
A knife is better for a surprise murder in close proximity.
A gun is better to reach out and touch someone from a distance, but it is noisy and attracts more attention.

Out of curiosity, have you shot targets over 100 yards? How did you do? For most, it's not as easy as they think it is.
The longer the distance, the more practice it takes.

You're thinking about this with too much thought. I walk in a classroom full of kids, a gun will work far better. If I walked in a room with one guy, talk all the sneak attack stuff you want, I'd rather shoot and not get my hands dirty. But we're not James Bond and we're not sneaking up behind people for "silent kills" either. lol

Gun free zones can work, sure, some schools DO have armed security, others simply have security in the form of cameras, locking doors, etc. Sadly those can't protect people ALL the time.

We need to focus on the problem at hand, which is simply violent crimes in general and not mass shootings at schools, if we only focus on that we lead to the political issues and crying citizens we have right now making irrational decisions because something horrible happened. It's rare though, we shouldn't change laws on a worst fear scenario but make laws/changes that help everything as a whole.

David88vert
02-17-2013, 10:49 AM
You're thinking about this with too much thought. I walk in a classroom full of kids, a gun will work far better. If I walked in a room with one guy, talk all the sneak attack stuff you want, I'd rather shoot and not get my hands dirty. But we're not James Bond and we're not sneaking up behind people for "silent kills" either. lol

I'm not overthinking it at all. Just making a point that different tool can be just as deadly. In a school room full of kids, it doesn't matter if it is a knife or gun, both are equally easy to use. China's knife attacks show that there is no difference in ability to resist either. That's a fact.

Gun free zones can work, sure, some schools DO have armed security, others simply have security in the form of cameras, locking doors, etc. Sadly those can't protect people ALL the time.

Cameras and secuity doors are passive resistance, and provide no active suppression to an attacker. If you take away someone's ability to actively defend himself, then you need to do the responsible thing, which is provide active security, which can respond to an active attack. Do not mistake passive security systems to be a replacement for personal defense - they just aren't the same.

We need to focus on the problem at hand, which is simply violent crimes in general and not mass shootings at schools, if we only focus on that we lead to the political issues and crying citizens we have right now making irrational decisions because something horrible happened. It's rare though, we shouldn't change laws on a worst fear scenario but make laws/changes that help everything as a whole.

I agree that we need to look at the factors involved and come to rational decisions. There is no "silver bullet" to solving the problems.

ISAtlanta300
02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
It'd be easier if you had a gun.

Not necessarily. it's probably easier to slash your neck artery with a good swing of a knife, than it is to take out a gun, aim for your neck and get a perfect hit. Just saying.......

Aeroscout977
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
btw, ever find your shotgun?

Not if Obama finds it first.

Elbow
02-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Not if Obama finds it first.

Oh I wasn't aware he banned shotguns.

Sinfix_15
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM

He should..... a shotgun would do a number on a classroom. right?

Sinfix_15
02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Speaking of shotguns..... spent the day shooting clay.......... hell of a way to spend a sunday while all of those other people are wasting their day at church.

Aeroscout977
02-17-2013, 04:40 PM

Are you saying he wouldn't?

Elbow
02-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Are you saying he wouldn't?

I think it's highly unlikely.

If he does, oh well!

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I think it's highly unlikely.

If he does, oh well!

http://www.doggydog.com/media/Pages/sit.jpg

Elbow
02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.doggydog.com/media/Pages/sit.jpg

A dog.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
A dog.

sit boy

you'll get a treat
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4JqXrQD6GPvm_EywlR-S8ySIqrFsw07gaUKHYmWQxqK6dC0aJ

Elbow
02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
sit boy

you'll get a treat
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4JqXrQD6GPvm_EywlR-S8ySIqrFsw07gaUKHYmWQxqK6dC0aJ

Oh yippee.

Sit boy, I'm taking your guns.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/barack-obama-re-elected-as-us-president-pg.jpg

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh yippee.

Sit boy, I'm taking your guns.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/barack-obama-re-elected-as-us-president-pg.jpg

http://blog.thefoundationstone.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Dog_attack_USAF.jpg

Elbow
02-18-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.powmadeak47.com/new04b/new5px040513sac.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/ed/6d/ed6d832dca7f88c9362fb20124203dcc.jpg

http://www.branchportlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/playground1.jpg

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
http://pjmedia.com/files/2013/02/Obama-graph-41.jpg
http://www.texasfred.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sad-Obama-21.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9tIHzcEc11Q/TdgRIJUKD9I/AAAAAAAAEk8/JcH_zplYTrM/s1600/open+carry+.jpg
http://www.noodle.org/sites/default/files/kids_playing_with_leaves_istock_000_0.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BFZq2k1pBUQ/UPA8E-Bto9I/AAAAAAAAGBE/yBXGsngy_2k/s1600/colddead.jpg

Elbow
02-18-2013, 02:32 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rKGLAmQLj_k/UA3oueLiCcI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/278aepo6Mgg/s1600/22+Calibre+Hand+Gun.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbd5d8EvFB1rb6q1eo1_400.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA_hG1f2skZOAQZABRfA4R4Pv8BCZhl x_D2Om40-xgfLfH0hMh

SAVE THE US. BAN GUNS.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/156qzwo.jpg
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/e1/7f/e17fbdfd22268ab0c762998f1ce3846b.jpg
http://conservatives4palin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/New-Black-Panther-Party1-300x214.jpg
http://www.i2symbol.com/images/symbols/subscript/subscript_plus_sign_u208A_icon_256x256.png
http://www.jayselthofner.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/100_3466-300x225.jpg
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=267645
http://writingjunkie.net/Obama-wins-11-6-2012.jpg

.blank cd
02-18-2013, 02:47 PM
More white people voted for Obama than black people. Just thought I'd point that out.

Elbow
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm white and I voted for Obama.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.thoughtsfromaconservativemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/race-baiting-for-dummies.jpg
+
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ifwt-al-sharpton.jpeg
+
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Lb6BjGk789w/UPJN3Lhk17I/AAAAAAAAH9I/m2mSTXWi8Lc/s400/Only-racists-oppose-Obama.jpg
=

I'm white and I voted for Obama.

Aeroscout977
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
More white people voted for Obama than black people. Just thought I'd point that out.

Yeah but 98% of the black vote went to Obama.
:thinking:

I voted for Obama in his first election. I was so sick of the Bush administration and their policies. Especially the Patriot Act. Thought Obama would be different....

Boy was I wrong.

C230K
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM

Popularity doesnt mean you're right. Know what else was popular???

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/nazi-march.jpg
http://thetruthisnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Social-Networking-Military-Expeditions-and-Americas-Holy-Crusade.jpg
http://minoritiereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/slave-mentality-1.jpg
http://images.smh.com.au/2009/05/27/543309/kim-jong-420x0.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01587/JESUS-620_1587358a.jpg
http://endthelie.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/adb8f_communist-rally-moscow-278.jpg

C230K
02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Jesus is not white :ninja:

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Jesus is not white :ninja:

That's not what white america thinks..... and since their vote out numbers yours........

praise white jesus....... white as a mountain biker from Colorado..... white as a Harvard Quarterback........ white as the bench of an NBA roster........ white as an NFL offensive line..... white as a hockey team.......

http://cdn1.elitedaily.com/elite/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/elite-daily-jesus-christ.jpg

C230K
02-18-2013, 09:22 PM
America was even thought of in those days

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
America was even thought of in those days

facts, evidence, logic... dont matter. America thinks jesus is white, hes white.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
golden.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDb8y-qCcAA1InL.jpg

Elbow
02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
golden.......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDb8y-qCcAA1InL.jpg

That just makes the republican party sound out to be greedy self centered tool bags.

We all know life isn't that simple.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
That just makes the republican party sound out to be greedy self centered tool bags.

We all know life isn't that simple.

yeah, it pretty much is.... and always has been.

Echonova
02-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm going to White House.gov and starting a petition to ban all motorsport. Clearly it uses too many precious natural resources given to us by Mother Gaia for what? To see who can go around a track the fastest? How many children grew up in a fatherless home because of racing? Just so selfish people can go out and have "fun"?

Now your probably thinking, well racing gave us windshields and seat-belts. But those days of innovation are long gone, we have computers to do stuff like that. How big of a carbon footprint does the 24hr of LeMans leave? Just consider the noise pollution alone... The "fact" we have Climate Change proves we need to put an end to this not-so-silent killer.

Not to mention it does nothing to lower the deficit.

Elbow
02-18-2013, 10:43 PM
yeah, it pretty much is.... and always has been.

Except many poor people are willing to work, but can't find work. People hit rock bottom, don't put everyone into one pile.

I'm going to White House.gov and starting a petition to ban all motorsport. Clearly it uses too many precious natural resources given to us by Mother Gaia for what? To see who can go around a track the fastest? How many children grew up in a fatherless home because of racing? Just so selfish people can go out and have "fun"?

Now your probably thinking, well racing gave us windshields and seat-belts. But those days of innovation are long gone, we have computers to do stuff like that. How big of a carbon footprint does the 24hr of LeMans leave? Just consider the noise pollution alone... The "fact" we have Climate Change proves we need to put an end to this not-so-silent killer.

Current sports car racing is the "leader" in green racing, as you know, clean diesel, hybrids, and alternative fuel vehicles are the name of the game these days.

Go for it though. lol I'll vote to ban guns.

Sinfix_15
02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Except many poor people are willing to work, but can't find work. People hit rock bottom, don't put everyone into one pile.

Current sports car racing is the "leader" in green racing, as you know, clean diesel, hybrids, and alternative fuel vehicles are the name of the game these days.

Go for it though. lol I'll vote to ban guns.

We could take the money that people blow on racing and use it to feed and shelter those poor people who cant find work. How can we sit around and enjoy the wasteful abuse of serviceable vehicles that could be used to better the lives of society's unfortunate...........????

"willing to work" is a term thrown around way too loosely..................

these people are willing to work
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Mexican_construction_workers.jpg/800px-Mexican_construction_workers.jpg

these people feel entitled to a pay check.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-Shot-2012-09-27-at-9.51.51-AM.png

Aeroscout977
02-18-2013, 11:50 PM

Should there be a "/sarcasm" at the end or do you honestly believe that racing still isn't currently pushing new technology for every day drivers?

Echonova
02-19-2013, 05:25 AM

Go for it though. lol I'll vote to ban guns.What kind of MPG's are the "leaders" in racing getting? How many tires are used? Those resources could be put to better use by the government, rather than wasted by rich white people having fun. When oil is spilled on the track, is there any environmental remediation to clean it up other than throwing some Oil-Dry on it and brushing to the side? Or because it's something you like it's ok to rape the Earth to satisfy your desires?

No race car ever cleaned oil off of a baby seal after a tanker used to feed it's selfish interests runs aground.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 06:19 AM
:facepalm: lol

91LudeSiT
02-19-2013, 08:00 AM
What kind of MPG's are the "leaders" in racing getting? How many tires are used? Those resources could be put to better use by the government, rather than wasted by rich white people having fun. When oil is spilled on the track, is there any environmental remediation to clean it up other than throwing some Oil-Dry on it and brushing to the side? Or because it's something you like it's ok to rape the Earth to satisfy your desires?

No race car ever cleaned oil off of a baby seal after a tanker used to feed it's selfish interests runs aground.

I love you in the most homo way possible and it still not be homo.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
If you're going to be a liberal tree hugging pussy...... then be just that. It's easy to talk about what everyone else should give up to support your ideas...... lets talk about what you can give up. You care so much about homeless and hungry people...... quit posting pictures of race cars or of weekends at the race track and start posting pictures of you volunteering at the local soup kitchen.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 09:33 AM
If you're going to be a liberal tree hugging pussy...... then be just that. It's easy to talk about what everyone else should give up to support your ideas...... lets talk about what you can give up. You care so much about homeless and hungry people...... quit posting pictures of race cars or of weekends at the race track and start posting pictures of you volunteering at the local soup kitchen.

You are an idiot. I'm a tree hugging liberal? What have I said anyone should give up? You're a bloody moron. You don't know the charity or donations I give so don't act like you know me you close minded sorry excuse of a human being. I said the Volt is cool so that makes me a tree hugger? You've already classified me as a gun hating liberal despite my support of gun ownership. So I'm not sure what point you all are making bringing racing into it or what you want me to say.

I'm glad you think people are pussies for caring about others though.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 09:49 AM
You are an idiot. I'm a tree hugging liberal? What have I said anyone should give up? You're a bloody moron. You don't know the charity or donations I give so don't act like you know me you close minded sorry excuse of a human being. I said the Volt is cool so that makes me a tree hugger? You've already classified me as a gun hating liberal despite my support of gun ownership. So I'm not sure what point you all are making bringing racing into it or what you want me to say.

I'm glad you think people are pussies for caring about others though.

This is not how you support gun ownership.
http://nyobetabeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/screen-shot-2012-11-06-at-2-10-04-pm.png

No single issue or statement makes me think you're a liberal "tree hugger" it's an overall assessment of your views. You called me selfish for basically saying people should work for their money. If guns are on the table to be banned... why not race cars? cars? Not only will it make america a safer place, allow us to divert more resources to the homeless, it will also help with global warming.... its a win win win scenario, right?

I guess i am a heartless human though....... because i dont want to waste a single drop of sweat...... not one...... on helping someone who doesnt want to help themselves.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
glad to know my taxes are helping someone poor and unfortunate make a living.

Jobless mother of 11 Heather Frost to get 6-bed eco-house after moaning her TWO council homes are cramped | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2280385/Jobless-mother-11-Heather-Frost-6-bed-eco-house-moaning-TWO-council-homes-cramped.html)

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
glad to know my taxes are helping someone poor and unfortunate make a living.

Jobless mother of 11 Heather Frost to get 6-bed eco-house after moaning her TWO council homes are cramped | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2280385/Jobless-mother-11-Heather-Frost-6-bed-eco-house-moaning-TWO-council-homes-cramped.html)

You do know absolutely none of your taxes went to any of this right?

Elbow
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
No I said some people can't find work, they deserve aid if they want it. Nobody likes the idea of helping people who literally don't want to work. Nobody.

So in your close minded fairy tale world if you don't completely hate Obama you're a tree hugging liberal pussy that supports banning guns. Got it. Comparing it to racing or cars on the street just tells you have no better arguement.

So keep on with your baseless comments and close mind sets. I have better things to worry about then a sad American.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:30 AM
You do know absolutely none of your taxes went to any of this right?

She represents the mindset of entitlement society.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
No I said some people can't find work, they deserve aid if they want it. Nobody likes the idea of helping people who literally don't want to work. Nobody.

So in your close minded fairy tale world if you don't completely hate Obama you're a tree hugging liberal pussy that supports banning guns. Got it. Comparing it to racing or cars on the street just tells you have no better arguement.

So keep on with your baseless comments and close mind sets. I have better things to worry about then a sad American.

Then why support policies who help people who literally do not want to work?

i guess i'm actually happy that you're so offended that i'm criticizing you for believing in what you voted for...... looks like you were just ignorant to your mistake and are actually a reasonable person. Much like the little girl in the $50 lesson.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Liberal mind at work. Hope she goes to jail...... Obama would probably pardon her and give her a medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nX6E2Ucv7S8

Elbow
02-19-2013, 10:44 AM

i guess i'm actually happy that you're so offended that i'm criticizing you for believing in what you voted for...... looks like you were just ignorant to your mistake and are actually a reasonable person. Much like the little girl in the $50 lesson.

So you're saying if I did vote for Obama that I support helping lazy people? What policy supports lazy? Abuse of the system is what you mean, not actual policies that actually allow being lazy.

I'm not offended at all, I just find it amusing that someone like you can just judge others and throw people in one large pool. They don't come anymore clueless and close minded than you. You are the problem with this country today. There's too much dispute and hatred between people because of different opinions. If you took the time to look at what others may see you may become a little more acceptable.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:47 AM
So you're saying if I did vote for Obama that I support helping lazy people? What policy supports lazy? Abuse of the system is what you mean, not actual policies that actually allow being lazy.

I'm not offended at all, I just find it amusing that someone like you can just judge others and throw people in one large pool. They don't come anymore clueless and close minded than you. You are the problem with this country today. There's too much dispute and hatred between people because of different opinions. If you took the time to look at what others may see you may become a little more acceptable.

I, the working man who receives not one penny in government aid, who believes in the constitution, who has an absolutely spotless record, who works for what i have and believe others should do the same..... is the problem with this country today.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I, the working man who receives not one penny in government aid, who believes in the constitution, who has an absolutely spotless record, who works for what i have and believe others should do the same..... is the problem with this country today.

You fail to see why some people may need aid, why some people may view things differently than you, and you ATTACK anyone who doesn't agree with you. Acts like these are killing the country. Splitting the people. Many people fit right in with you but still see things differently. Closed minded people are dangerous.

Oh and for the record, I work too! I also have never gotten any aid even when times were rough. I believe hard work pays off and that the government doesn't owe anyone anything. However, I know people that do need help, can't find work, have a child they're trying to support, etc. Those are the people I care about, not these lazy clueless people you post in videos and call liberals.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
You fail to see why some people may need aid, why some people may view things differently than you, and you ATTACK anyone who doesn't agree with you. Acts like these are killing the country. Splitting the people. Many people fit right in with you but still see things differently. Closed minded people are dangerous.

Oh and for the record, I work too! I also have never gotten any aid even when times were rough. I believe hard work pays off and that the government doesn't owe anyone anything. However, I know people that do need help, can't find work, have a child they're trying to support, etc. Those are the people I care about, not these lazy clueless people you post in videos and call liberals.

So how much are you willing to give??? if you're not willing to give up racing.... where is your limit? at what point do you say "this is as much as i can give, ive given enough?"

Obama warns 'people will lose their jobs' if sequester cuts take effect next week as he urges Republicans to accept higher taxes | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281144/Obama-warns-people-lose-jobs-sequester-cuts-effect-week-urges-Republicans-accept-higher-taxes.html)

Elbow
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
So how much are you willing to give??? if you're not willing to give up racing.... where is your limit? at what point do you say "this is as much as i can give, ive given enough?"

Obama warns 'people will lose their jobs' if sequester cuts take effect next week as he urges Republicans to accept higher taxes | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281144/Obama-warns-people-lose-jobs-sequester-cuts-effect-week-urges-Republicans-accept-higher-taxes.html)

Give up racing for....?

You make no sense, what are you giving up, why are we even on this giving up topic?

Aeroscout977
02-19-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't know anything about racing.

Fixed.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:18 AM

i guess i'm actually happy that you're so offended that i'm criticizing you for believing in what you voted for...... looks like you were just ignorant to your mistake and are actually a reasonable person. Much like the little girl in the $50 lesson.I support policies that help people who do want to work, and I also understand that a VERY SMALL minority may take advantage of those policies.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Liberal mind at work. Hope she goes to jail...... Obama would probably pardon her and give her a medal.
You keep using that word, liberal....

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Give up racing for....?

You make no sense, what are you giving up, why are we even on this giving up topic?

I give up a portion of my paycheck every week...... a portion that your political affiliation wants to make larger. I'm asking you where the limit is? Clearly you're willing to give more as you support the party who is asking you to, so how much more? where's your "line in the sand" with taxes.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:22 AM
I support policies that help people who do want to work, and I also understand that a VERY SMALL minority may take advantage of those policies.

very small..................... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm just gonna make "you're too smart to be this stupid" my signature so i dont have to keep repeating it to you.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I give up a portion of my paycheck every week...... a portion that your political affiliation wants to make larger. I'm asking you where the limit is? Clearly you're willing to give more as you support the party who is asking you to, so how much more? where's your "line in the sand" with taxes.

Aside from the extra already taken out? I'd be fine with fifty more. I still don't see your exact reasoning behind your questions though.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 11:26 AM
very small..................... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm just gonna make "you're too smart to be this stupid" my signature so i dont have to keep repeating it to you.

What is the percentage who abuse it?

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
What is the percentage who abuse it?

According to what they put on the news, its everyone, right?

Edit: what they put on Washington post, Fox News, breitbart.com, and the blaze

Elbow
02-19-2013, 11:35 AM
According to what they put on the news, its everyone, right?

Edit: what they put on Washington post, Fox News, breitbart.com, and the blaze

It has to be, no real American would ever need help.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:42 AM
It has to be, no real American would ever need help.
You are more right than you know

See: This guy

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/rubio-water-bottle.jpg

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Aside from the extra already taken out? I'd be fine with fifty more. I still don't see your exact reasoning behind your questions though.

You would be happy paying $50 more a week in taxes? and you feel comfortable in asking every other person to do the same?

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:50 AM
If i get taxed anymore, i might need food stamps..... wouldnt it be easier for me to just keep my money and buy food with it?

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM

I'd be fine with 100 more (progressively taxed) if it meant everyone could get healthcare and education.

Elbow
02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
You would be happy paying $50 more a week in taxes? and you feel comfortable in asking every other person to do the same?

I would, would I feel fine making everyone else? No.

If i get taxed anymore, i might need food stamps..... wouldnt it be easier for me to just keep my money and buy food with it?

I highly doubt that.

Echonova
02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
No Volt has ever won a race.

Explain.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 04:11 PM

Explain.

An insight has

Echonova
02-19-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd be fine with 100 more (progressively taxed) if it meant everyone could get healthcare and education.At what % of income do think the "rich" should pay.

Top rate...

No excuses...

No double-talk...

What rate should the top 1% pay that would satisfy you that they are doing their "fair share".

Echonova
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
An insight hasPerhaps you can't read due to your education in a Government school...

I said Volt.

Echonova
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Probably used half it's range on that one slow-ass pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ye1792DmikE#!

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
At what % of income do think the "rich" should pay.

Top rate...

No excuses...

No double-talk...

What rate should the top 1% pay that would satisfy you that they are doing their "fair share".

What makes you think I'm not satisfied already?

Echonova
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
No double-talk...

What makes you think I'm not satisfied already?I'm beginning to think you really can't read.

Give a percentage.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm beginning to think you really can't read.

Give a percentage.

What's the percentage at right now?

Elbow
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM

Explain.

..............and who said it has, or why should it? :thinking:

Echonova
02-19-2013, 05:02 PM
What's the percentage at right now?

I asked first...

Answer the question. Give a number.

Quit stalling.

Echonova
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
..............and who said it has, or why should it? :thinking:It would be better for the environment for us all to race electric cars.

Right?

I mean, assuming you don't charge it with electricity made from a coal-fired power plant.

But then again, Nuclear is bad too.

Racing cars would be OK if they ran on Unicorn farts and/or fairy dust. But fairy dust is highly unstable, we don't have the technology to harness the power safely.

So just Unicorn farts for now.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Perhaps you can't read due to your education in a Government school...

I said Volt.

Then I guess you would still be wrong

http://youtu.be/qMqJGUO9BCs

Echonova
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Then I guess you would still be wrong

Chevy Volt vs Toyota Prius drag race - YouTube (http://youtu.be/qMqJGUO9BCs)Did you just seriously stoop to posting a video game...

Typical. But liberals don't live in the real world so I must concede the point.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I asked first...

Answer the question. Give a number.

Quit stalling.

Not stalling. Just wanting to streamline the process.

I suppose we're referring to personal tax rates for the 1% of Americans that make more than $350k? I think the percentage right now, for them, is around 35%? Kinda seems like a fair number to me, don't you?

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Did you just seriously stoop to posting a video game...

Typical. But liberals don't live in the real world so I must concede the point.

You said "a Chevy volt never won a race." It was clear that the Chevy volt won that race, was it not? Are you changing the parameters or what?

Echonova
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Not stalling. Just wanting to streamline the process.

I suppose we're referring to personal tax rates for the 1% of Americans that make more than $350k? I think the percentage right now, for them, is around 35%? Kinda seems like a fair number to me, don't you?Again, you answer a question with a question. I don't care what's "fair"... Give me an absolute percentage on when you think taxes become overbearing.

You said "a Chevy volt never won a race." It was clear that the Chevy volt won that race, was it not? Are you changing the parameters or what?I already conceded... Why rub it in?

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Again, you answer a question with a question. I don't care what's "fair"... Give me an absolute percentage on when you think taxes become overbearing.You asked what I thought was a fair percentage for the 1%. I said the current rate was fair, did that not answer your question? What point are you getting at? Other than trying to color me as blue or red, when reality doesn't work that way. I'm not gonna say what's "fair" or not without knowing what you're talking about, and I'm not gonna give you a simplistic absolute answer, since the tax system isn't simple or absolute.

Details mayne.

I already conceded... Why rub it in?

Concede again

http://youtu.be/AEeIKNUZ_Jk

Elbow
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I can't tell if I successfully trolled Echo or if he's counter trolling me on my own game.

C230K
02-19-2013, 08:22 PM
We could take the money that people blow on racing and use it to feed and shelter those poor people who cant find work. How can we sit around and enjoy the wasteful abuse of serviceable vehicles that could be used to better the lives of society's unfortunate...........????

"willing to work" is a term thrown around way too loosely..................

these people are willing to work
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Mexican_construction_workers.jpg/800px-Mexican_construction_workers.jpg

these people feel entitled to a pay check.
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-Shot-2012-09-27-at-9.51.51-AM.png

HELL MOTHAFUKIN YEAH LATINOS........Over here down my street the city is putting in new pipes and making new sidewalks. The latinos are doing all the hard labor work, while the black dudes are just standing there rotating the "STOP" "SLOW" sign........lazy bastards, like I said before LATINOS MAKE AMERICA RUN

Echonova
02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
You asked what I thought was a fair percentage for the 1%. I said the current rate was fair, did that not answer your question? What point are you getting at? Other than trying to color me as blue or red, when reality doesn't work that way. I'm not gonna say what's "fair" or not without knowing what you're talking about, and I'm not gonna give you a simplistic absolute answer, since the tax system isn't simple or absolute.

Details mayne. WHAT IS THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE ANY PERSON, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SHOULD PAY, EVER??? REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE.

Concede again

2012 Chevy Volt versus Nissan Leaf Mash-up Drag Race - YouTube (http://youtu.be/AEeIKNUZ_Jk)No.
I can't tell if I successfully trolled Echo or if he's counter trolling me on my own game.I'm sorta like a Black Ops team.

But in your brain.

But way cooler and better looking than what you see in films.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:30 PM
HELL MOTHAFUKIN YEAH LATINOS........Over here down my street the city is putting in new pipes and making new sidewalks. The latinos are doing all the hard labor work, while the black dudes are just standing there rotating the "STOP" "SLOW" sign........lazy bastards, like I said before LATINOS MAKE AMERICA RUN

Indeed.... that's the real meaning of "willing to work" half the people on welfare would turn down these jobs.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Again, you answer a question with a question. I don't care what's "fair"... Give me an absolute percentage on when you think taxes become overbearing.

I already conceded... Why rub it in?

you should know this about blank by now, he is never going to paint himself in a corner that would question his support of Obama. Blank doesnt want to say "45% would be too much" because he knows if Obama raised it to 46% he would still be ok with it.... or anything else Obama does. Blank always leaves the escape door open.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
I'd be fine with 100 more (progressively taxed) if it meant everyone could get healthcare and education.

This blows my mind...... i dont know how anyone would willingly accept this.

If you told me tomorrow i had to pay $100 more a week in taxes, id probably quit working.

.blank cd
02-19-2013, 11:11 PM
WHAT IS THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE ANY PERSON, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, SHOULD PAY, EVER??? REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE.I guess, rather than getting you to think about what progressive taxation means, I wanna see where this goes....

90%. My final answer. Your move....

you should know this about blank by now, he is never going to paint himself in a corner that would question his support of Obama.Who said I supported Obama? What does "support" mean to you?

Blank doesnt want to say "45% would be too much" because he knows if Obama raised it to 46% he would still be ok with it.... or anything else Obama does. Blank always leaves the escape door open.Im not going to say 45% is too much because I dont pretend that a tax percentage exists in a vacuum. Theres more than just a couple digits that make up what people get taxed, and fairness is a completely subjective issue.

This blows my mind...... i dont know how anyone would willingly accept this.Does it completely blow your mind that rich people used to be taxed at 90%???

If you told me tomorrow i had to pay $100 more a week in taxes, id probably quit working.And this is the true beginning of the entitlement society.

BTW This is per year.

Sinfix_15
02-19-2013, 11:22 PM
And this is the true beginning of the entitlement society.

Yeah, guess we should never get tired of pulling the wagon? The only thing i feel entitled to is my own pay check.

Aeroscout977
02-20-2013, 01:30 AM
Spoiled brats.

Echonova
02-20-2013, 05:41 AM
I guess, rather than getting you to think about what progressive taxation means, I wanna see where this goes....

90%. My final answer. Your move....That's all I wanted to know. I have no move, I was just curious.

I do love how you have to try to get a dig in before finally relenting and giving an answer. Shows just how insecure you really are.

Elbow
02-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Spoiled brats.

Who?

David88vert
02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
The Millionaires Who Pay the Highest Tax Rate (http://www.cnbc.com/id/49939444/The_Millionaires_Who_Pay_the_Highest_Tax_Rate)

C230K
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX7MMtaXvYE

This blows my mind...... i dont know how anyone would willingly accept this.

If you told me tomorrow i had to pay $100 more a week in taxes, id probably quit working.

Its a video I think you might enjoy and guess who voted for Obama?

Echonova
02-20-2013, 06:18 PM
I would have just shot him.

Like Joe Biden tells his wife to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LEfNFMAys

Elbow
02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
I would have just shot him.

Like Joe Biden tells his wife to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LEfNFMAys

I mean if I was being robbed and had a shotgun and an AR I'd grab the shotgun, seems better for home defense.

I don't like hearing "you don't need" but strictly on home protection I think a shotgun would be better.

Echonova
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
You don't need a race car.

Especially a rotary race car. You are polluting about the equivalent of 992 new SUV's on the road.

For an entire year.

With Climate Change, our climate will always change until we stop the madness.

But I was just sayin'... Dude had a gun, no need to scrap with the dregs of society.

Elbow
02-20-2013, 08:16 PM
You don't need a race car.

Especially a rotary race car. You are polluting about the equivalent of 992 new SUV's on the road.

For an entire year.

With Climate Change, our climate will always change until we stop the madness.

But I was just sayin'... Dude had a gun, no need to scrap with the dregs of society.

I don't get why you keep acting like I'm saying something I'm not.

You hang around Sinfix too much, he's slowing your brain down.

I did lol though.....

Echonova
02-20-2013, 09:08 PM
I did lol though.....My job is done here.

Sinfix_15
02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
I mean if I was being robbed and had a shotgun and an AR I'd grab the shotgun, seems better for home defense.

I don't like hearing "you don't need" but strictly on home protection I think a shotgun would be better.

depends, a shotgun is arguably the best home defense weapon. It's the easiest to aim and hits the broadest area. Assuming i didnt have a handgun on me and someone broke into my house, i would grab a shotgun to.... mostly because my rifles are locked in cases while my shotguns are sitting behind doors..... shotgun is there to be grabbed. In a theoretical scenario where someone broke into my house and i had an AR sitting open and loaded right beside a shotgun, i would grab the AR...... If i felt like the intruder was armed..... the AR will shoot through walls, i could stand in my bedroom and shoot you in my kitchen with the AR. Shooting from 1 room to the next would be effortless. If the intruder wasnt armed, i would view it as a draw..... a shotgun is a very intimidating weapon visually..... but then again..... we're talking about an AR.... i'm sure someone would shit their pants if you pointed an AR at them.

Sinfix_15
02-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't get why you keep acting like I'm saying something I'm not.

You hang around Sinfix too much, he's slowing your brain down.

I did lol though.....

I understand you completely..... you just dont realize how contradicting your statements are.....

you say things like.....

"i support guns" and follow it up with "i voted for Obama"

That's like saying..... "i support the rights of cows" and "i'm going to open up a mcdonalds"

Elbow
02-21-2013, 06:04 AM
I understand you completely..... you just dont realize how contradicting your statements are.....

you say things like.....

"i support guns" and follow it up with "i voted for Obama"

That's like saying..... "i support the rights of cows" and "i'm going to open up a mcdonalds"

Sorry but gun laws weren't at the top of my voting list. Plus, Romney probably would be for stricter gun laws so...

Aeroscout977
02-21-2013, 07:05 AM
This government can't protect it's own embassies and people want to take joe bidens advice on home protection?

Echonova
02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x378/Echonova3/253150_413386485422527_2013977596_n_zpsc5b6b6d9.jp g

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Sorry but gun laws weren't at the top of my voting list. Plus, Romney probably would be for stricter gun laws so...

Comments like this confirm your head being buried in the sand. You're the reason we get a moron like Obama elected in the first place.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 08:06 AM
This government can't protect it's own embassies and people want to take joe bidens advice on home protection?

Joe Biden's advice to his wife..... "get the shotgun..... fire two shots in the air............................................. just in case the 20 CIA agents guarding you fell asleep"

Elbow
02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Comments like this confirm your head being buried in the sand. You're the reason we get a moron like Obama elected in the first place.

So let me get this straight. Since I don't share the same priorities as you, my head is buried in the sand.

Once again you prove how close minded you are. I'm goons to start calling you a moron since you share a different outlook.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
So let me get this straight. Since I don't share the same priorities as you, my head is buried in the sand.

Once again you prove how close minded you are. I'm goons to start calling you a moron since you share a different outlook.

Obama is a white guy from Arizona. Romney was a nascar driver before he joined the senate.

when you say things that are blatantly false, it shows that you're not paying attention. Shows that you have your head in the sand...................

It has nothing to do with you agreeing with me. You say things that prove that you're not paying attention.

Elbow
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Obama is a white guy from Arizona. Romney was a nascar driver before he joined the senate.

when you say things that are blatantly false, it shows that you're not paying attention. Shows that you have your head in the sand...................

It has nothing to do with you agreeing with me. You say things that prove that you're not paying attention.

Like?

Everything I read pointed to Romney being more against guns. The NRA even released some scale thing they do for every president I think and Obama ranked higher. I may be wrong but either way it wasn't find that was highest on my list.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Like?

Everything I read pointed to Romney being more against guns. The NRA even released some scale thing they do for every president I think and Obama ranked higher. I may be wrong but either way it wasn't find that was highest on my list.

There's absolutely no way someone who isnt blind can believe this to be true.

Elbow
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
There's absolutely no way someone who isnt blind can believe this to be true.

Prove it wrong then, I'm going off what I read and looking at some of Romneys old actions. Like I said I may be wrong but...

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Prove it wrong then, I'm going off what I read and looking at some of Romneys old actions. Like I said I may be wrong but...

It's common knowledge.... do i have to prove the sun is coming up tomorrow?

GOP = the gun party

Elbow
02-21-2013, 10:05 AM
It's common knowledge.... do i have to prove the sun is coming up tomorrow?

GOP = the gun party

I won't take your word that's for sure.

Romney may have adjusted as he did many times being the puppet he was but I thought I read correctly.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:12 AM
I won't take your word that's for sure.

Romney may have adjusted as he did many times being the puppet he was but I thought I read correctly.

You read correctly that Romney wasnt 100% inline with the republican view on gun control. He wouldnt lose any sleep over an assault weapons ban seeing as how he had one in his state. GOP is the gun party.... Dems are divided, a portion of them are pro gun too. The extreme anti-gun nuts all belong to the democratic party. Obama is the anti-christ of guns.

Elbow
02-21-2013, 10:18 AM
You read correctly that Romney wasnt 100% inline with the republican view on gun control. He wouldnt lose any sleep over an assault weapons ban seeing as how he had one in his state. GOP is the gun party.... Dems are divided, a portion of them are pro gun too. The extreme anti-gun nuts all belong to the democratic party. Obama is the anti-christ of guns.

Then why was he rated higher than Romney?

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Then why was he rated higher than Romney?

Romney says what he thinks you want to hear. He passed an assault weapons ban in a blue state that wanted an assault weapons ban. They voted for it. Romney defers to the state......... he would let states do what they wanted on gun control. He wouldnt run to the UN or try to force anything into federal law like Obama.

Romney would not have been the NRA's first choice in the republican primary.

91LudeSiT
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Every time I heard Romney I couldn't help but think Rmoney, the dude reminded me of a sleazy used car salesman.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
if you're uncertain of where the NRA stands..... i'll start forwarding you the emails i get from them since im a member of the NRA.

Anthony,

Last week I asked you to call your senators and tell them to vote against every element of President Barack Obama's gun ban agenda.

Your calls are working! I've received numerous reports that NRA members are lighting up the phone lines and our senators are definitely hearing from us.

HOWEVER, now we need to take our phone campaign to the next level.
There are 20 U.S. senators, in particular, who hold the fate of your freedom in their hands.

These senators represent states where gun ownership is respected and our Second Amendment freedoms are revered.

But right now, they're facing huge pressure from the gun ban lobby and Barack Obama to support Obama's extreme gun control agenda!

So please, call each of the senators below and tell them to vote NO on any gun ban...NO on any magazine ban...NO on criminalizing private firearm transfers...and NO on any gun registration scheme.

Sen. Max Baucus 202-224-2651
Sen. Mark Begich 202-224-3004
Sen. Susan Collins 202-224-2523
Sen. Joe Donnelly 202-224-4814
Sen. Kay Hagan 202-224-6342
Sen. Martin Heinrich 202-224-5521
Sen. Heidi Heitkamp 202-224-2043
Sen. Tim Johnson 202-224-5842
Sen. Tim Kaine 202-224-4024
Sen. Angus King 202-224-5344
Sen. Mary Landrieu 202-224-5824
Sen. Joe Manchin 202-224-3954
Sen. Claire McCaskill 202-224-6154
Sen. Mark Pryor 202-224-2353
Sen. Harry Reid 202-224-3542
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen 202-224-2841
Sen. Jon Tester 202-224-2644
Sen. Mark Udall 202-224-5941
Sen. Tom Udall 202-224-6621
Sen. Mark Warner 202-224-2023
Spread your calls out over several days if you need to.

And remember: It doesn't matter if you do not live in these senators' states - YOU NEED TO CALL THEM. After all, the votes they cast will affect you no matter where you live!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to winning this battle. Now is not the time to let up! Call each of these 20 senators as soon as you can.

By working together, we can defeat the Obama gun ban agenda and save the Second Amendment!!!

Chris

Chris W. Cox
Executive Director
NRA-PVF | PVF Home (http://www.NRAILA.org)

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Every time I heard Romney I couldn't help but think Rmoney, the dude reminded me of a sleazy used car salesman.

99% of politicians remind me of sleazy used car salesman.

.blank cd
02-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Good thing the NRA represents the minority of gun owners

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Good thing the NRA represents the minority of gun owners

You sure about that?

.blank cd
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
NRA membership is at about 4.5 million. Estimated number of gun owners in america is about 150-200 million, so, yes, I'm sure.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 01:01 PM
NRA membership is at about 4.5 million. Estimated number of gun owners in america is about 150-200 million, so, yes, I'm sure.

Membership doesnt indicate the full number of supporters.... only those who paid to become members.

.blank cd
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Membership doesnt indicate the full number of supporters.... only those who paid to become members.

Guess you can't really quantify that now can you?

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Guess you can't really quantify that now can you?

Only those enlisted support the military.

but no... guess i cant.

.blank cd
02-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Only those enlisted support the military.
Only those enlisted represent the military.

Echonova
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
NRA membership is at about 4.5 million. Estimated number of gun owners in america is about 150-200 million, so, yes, I'm sure.Wow, that's close to half (or more than half depending on the number) of the US population are gun owners.

U.S. & World Population Clocks (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html)

I mean, it's cool. But I didn't think the ratio was that high. But then again, I never cared to look it up either.

Sinfix_15
02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Wow, that's close to half (or more than half depending on the number) of the US population are gun owners.

U.S. & World Population Clocks (http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html)

I mean, it's cool. But I didn't think the ratio was that high. But then again, I never cared to look it up either.

He's actually a bit short, i believe i read that the census showed almost 300 million gun owners.... and that's the census, people who decided to answer.

Aeroscout977
02-21-2013, 11:42 PM
I think the NRA does a fair representation of my beliefs on the issue. I however don't pay them money because I don't believe in PACs. I just think they fairly reflect my opinions.

.blank cd
02-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I think the NRA does a fair representation of my beliefs on the issue. I however don't pay them money because I don't believe in PACs. I just think they fairly reflect my opinions.

Give it a few years. The NRA and their constituents will flip flop on the issue, again. They're bandwagoners, and this is the cause of the moment.

Sinfix_15
02-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Give it a few years. The NRA and their constituents will flip flop on the issue, again. They're bandwagoners, and this is the cause of the moment.

NRA will be big as ever before Obama is gone...... nothing rallies the troops more than a clear villain