PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Charging $$

-EnVus-
02-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Was using Facebook tonight and noticed something that I didn't lastnight. Anyone else noticed this shit I knew it was only a matter of time :no: ?

Matt300ZXT
02-05-2013, 03:12 AM
If they start charging, that's going to open up the doors for competitors. When someone smells blood, someone will come in and crush Facebook. Which is great, because I canned my Facebook months ago and haven't looked back.

trajedy
02-05-2013, 07:20 AM
It's now publicly traded correct? Someone has to make money.

MOWE
02-05-2013, 07:52 AM
well its a good thing that I never started an account...now I dont have to worry about canceling one....

;);););););)

E36slide
02-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Ive never seen that and im always on facebook. Its could be a scam or spam people have been trying to hack facebool for the longest. Facebook makes all.its money off of advertisement I doubt they will charge to use it.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Doppelgänger
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Was that for trying to send a message to someone that wasn't your friend? I just did that like a few days ago and didn't get that message. I'm thinkin' scam.

D3UC3S
02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Never had facebook, twitter, instagangsta, or pintrest....that shit is for women, businesses, and people that are glued to an electronic device that have a desire to share their every move with the world.

Vteckidd
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Was that for trying to send a message to someone that wasn't your friend? I just did that like a few days ago and didn't get that message. I'm thinkin' scam.

EDIT: actually it was a well known scam. But now it appears it is true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20810341

Its a test market phase, only applies to people you dont know or arent friends with.

-EnVus-
02-05-2013, 03:55 PM
EDIT: actually it was a well known scam. But now it appears it is true

BBC News - Facebook tests charging $1 to send messages to strangers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20810341)

Its a test market phase, only applies to people you dont know or arent friends with.
X2 its was a selling group on Facebook

Gashbell4595
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Never had facebook, twitter, instagangsta, or pintrest....that shit is for women, businesses, and people that are glued to an electronic device that have a desire to share their every move with the world.

Or just for people who want to keep in touch with friends and family, I guess just people with social lives in general.

quickdodge®
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM

You got that right!!!

Elbow
02-05-2013, 08:38 PM

I probably wouldn't have any of the work/contacts I have today if it weren't for Facebook. lol

Aeroscout977
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Yep. Facebook has been great when it comes to get togethers.

Kevykev
02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Scam Alert. Facebook has vowed to never charge EVER!

Let them try that shhh and they're DONE!

-EnVus-
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Scam Alert. Facebook has vowed to never charge EVER!

Let them try that shhh and they're DONE!
Not a scam...
Facebook announces plans to charge $1 to send certain messages. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/12/21/facebook_announces_plans_to_charge_1_to_send_certa in_messages.html)

quickdodge®
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I probably wouldn't have any of the work/contacts I have today if it weren't for Facebook. lol

I prefer good old fashioned face-to-face relationships. Makes it more meaningful. If you wanted it bad enough, you'd have gotten your contacts without it. I never could understand why people feel the need to be attached to the internet 24 hours a day and post every move they make on that site.

-EnVus-
02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
I never could understand why people feel the need to be attached to the internet 24 hours a day and post every move they make on that site.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/Roffelstompe/1334254977-old-man-computer_zpsc2ad205e.jpg

D3UC3S
02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Or just for people who want to keep in touch with friends and family, I guess just people with social lives in general.

Cell phones are awesome. They store all your contacts(friends, family, co-workers) and even new contacts when you meet someone you would like to stay in touch with.

You don't need Facebook to be considered a person "with a social life". LOL What the hell did anyone do before it? Oh my....

D3UC3S
02-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I prefer good old fashioned face-to-face relationships. Makes it more meaningful. If you wanted it bad enough, you'd have gotten your contacts without it. I never could understand why people feel the need to be attached to the internet 24 hours a day and post every move they make on that site.

Quoting for serious truth!

quickdodge®
02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
You don't need Facebook to be considered a person "with a social life".

Lolol, I thought the same thing when he posted that. Too much irony in that statement.

D3UC3S
02-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Its like that toyota commercial where the nerdy girl has like a million friends but bags on her parents for having like 8. She is glued to a computer by herself and her parents are out biking and partying. HAHAHAHAHA.

Gashbell4595
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Not everyone is glued to Facebook and post everything they do, it's just an easier way to keep in contact with friends and family, or helping with a business to send out info to customers.

quickdodge®
02-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Its like that toyota commercial where the nerdy girl has like a million friends but bags on her parents for having like 8. She is glued to a computer by herself and her parents are out biking and partying. HAHAHAHAHA.

Hahaha, for real, dude.

Not everyone is glued to Facebook and post everything they do, it's just an easier way to keep in contact with friends and family, or helping with a business to send out info to customers.

I don't recall saying everyone does it. I don't do it so obviously I didn't mean everyone.

And I'm not just talking about FB. I'm talking about the internet itself as well.

Kevykev
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Not a scam...
Facebook announces plans to charge $1 to send certain messages. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/12/21/facebook_announces_plans_to_charge_1_to_send_certa in_messages.html)

Ok well looks like it's aimed at marketing which is understandable. Certain messages are essentially advertising which you have to pay for anyway - even on a site such as this one. There were rumors about Facebook charging for membership - That's moreso what I'm referring too.

I would never pay to be a member of facebook.