PDA

View Full Version : Vi3tboi2230 BAD SELLER!!! FAKE ITEMS!!!

CDangerfield
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I bought an ASR Subframe Brace from him for $130, which I thought was an awesome deal (first bad sign), considering they go for $190 new. He claimed this one was new, but sent me pics of how it looked on his car (second sign this was fishy). When I got home ready to install, I was looking for some write-ups since it didn't come with instructions (even though it is very hard to mess this kind of thing up lol) and I stumbled upon a thread about Fake vs Real ASR Braces, here:

https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=8180&idcategory=0

My brace has small brackets, 8.8 bolts, straight cut edges (rather than rounded ones), and different recessed holes than those on a legit ASR.

And now I know that I got fooled. I did not know there were such a thing or that there was a problem with people distributing fakes, so hold your criticism. I even found a thread from 2012 on IA of him selling loads of these things (the power of google) and people calling him out on them being fake, with no response. That thread is here:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/acura-honda-parts/330696-eg-ek-dc2-brand-new-neo-chrome-asr-subframe-brace-$275.html

I am going to replace the 8.8 bolts with higher quality ones, and still run it on my car (and say it's fake). There are threads out there of people using shitty ebay braces with no problems with 22mm sway bars, and I only plan to run a 21mm.

I am thoroughly pissed. What happened to IA?!

Fuck you, man. FUCK. YOU.

-EnVus-
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
If he has sold fakes before on here and been called out on it before then he should be Banned from selling if not just banned all together.

CDangerfield
01-26-2013, 11:18 AM
:ban:
If he has sold fakes before on here and been called out on it before then he should be Banned from selling if not just banned all together.

I posted the proof up there and can post pics of the one I received as well. I can only be so mad, because I too was fooled and bought it without doing "research."

Ban Him!!!!!!!!!! :ban: :idb: