PDA

View Full Version : ** CAR WASH ??? **

MOWE
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I cant find what I am looking for...Need to know if it exists ..

So I either hand wash my car....or back home in the northeast we had TOUCHLESS car washes...and what they would do is:

a. Drive in to the wash
b. an automated hose would go around your car / not touch it and just spray water / soap / wax / water....
c. then a huge hair dryer from above would hover over and dry the car...

Then I would drive out and hand dry the rest of it. Because it wasnt my daily driver and I only drive it in nice weather...(still has original wiper blades that have been used 3 times by getting caught out) it never really gets *dirty*...just dusty and needs to have a washing...

I have seen the types that you can get out and spray it yourself...but I dont want that...I like the one I described below...

I however cannot locate one anywhere around Atlanta....anybody know where they are or do yall even have them ?..

Thanks for the help !

Bacon
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM

So I either hand wash my car....or back home in the northeast we had TOUCHLESS car washes...and what they would do is:

a. Drive in to the wash
b. an automated hose would go around your car / not touch it and just spray water / soap / wax / water....

Then I would drive out and hand dry the rest of it. Because it wasnt my daily driver and I only drive it in nice weather...(still has original wiper blades that have been used 3 times by getting caught out) it never really gets *dirty*...just dusty and needs to have a washing...

I have seen the types that you can get out and spray it yourself...but I dont want that...I like the one I described below...

I however cannot locate one anywhere around Atlanta....anybody know where they are or do yall even have them ?..

Thanks for the help !

Why not wash it yourself?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

.blank cd
01-25-2013, 05:13 PM

a. Drive in to the wash

Thanks for the help !

Where are you located? There's touchless car washes all over the place.

Julio
01-25-2013, 05:27 PM
There everywhere in Gwinnett

ISAtlanta300
01-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Exactly. I've washed my car in 40 degree weather. Just bundle up. pussy.

lol

MachNU
01-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Those machines that absolutely face rape your paint from a distance? Those are everywhere.

.blank cd
01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Those machines that absolutely face rape your paint from a distance? Those are everywhere.

The touchless ones?

Bacon
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Come over to the house. Ill wash it for you.

MachNU
01-25-2013, 09:36 PM
The touchless ones?

Yep.

C230K
01-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Yep.

Plz explain more

MOWE
01-26-2013, 10:04 AM

I do often but at times I am just too tired from work and such....and unless I am waxing it the outcome looks very similar

MOWE
01-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Where are you located? There's touchless car washes all over the place.

I am in midtown...and I am willing to travel 15-20 min for a good spot...

MOWE
01-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Exactly. I've washed my car in 40 degree weather. Just bundle up. pussy.

lol

If your read my post it doesnt have anything to do with the weather.....so you can take your "pussy" comment and well...you get the idea

MOWE
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM

I havent had any issues w/my paint from using them...all my non DD cars have gone through it and my paint jobs have been great...no swirls or fading etc...

MOWE
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Plz explain more

Look up Gatorwash.com....its those types I am speaking about.

quickdodge®
01-26-2013, 10:35 AM
We have a multi-quote feature on here.

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM
We have a multi-quote feature on here.

Doesn't work on Tapatalk.

Bacon
01-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Yes it does.

David88vert
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes it does.

Your fact does not agree with his belief - you must be wrong.

Welcome to blank's fantasy world - all will be better if you just drink the Kool-aid.....

C230K
01-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Welcome to blank's fantasy world - all will be better if you just drink the Kool-aid.....

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes it does.

Tag quoting? What am I missing here?

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM

You again. You haven't been intellectually slapped around enough today?

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 01:16 PM

I'm about to dish out the red cards here in a second....

MachNU
01-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Plz explain more

The only way to properly clean a vehicle is under mechanical operation. Now if you think about it in reverse, how do touchless ones clean your car? Since they do not touch it too agitate and cause mechanical removal it has to be done by using EXTREMELY strong soaps and cleaner solutions. Now with those cleaners any protection you might have on the paint from a crappy wax or sealant you applied, it has been removed. Now your driving around in the elements and sun with no protection to your paint. Do this often enough and you will eventually cause the clear to fail, paint to fade and generally destroy your paint.

I havent had any issues w/my paint from using them...all my non DD cars have gone through it and my paint jobs have been great...no swirls or fading etc...

I could make you feel real bad about your paint having "no swirls."

quickdodge®
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM

He doesn't appear to be using that.

MOWE
01-26-2013, 02:10 PM
I wont argue against your point...you may be right..maybe i just dont keep the cars long enough to notice...as far as swirls go..i cant see em...doesnt mean they dont exist but they dont bother me since i cant see em lol

Bacon
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM

Must be.

Tag quoting? What am I missing here?

See what I am doing here?

I wont argue against your point...you may be right..maybe i just dont keep the cars long enough to notice...as far as swirls go..i cant see em...doesnt mean they dont exist but they dont bother me since i cant see em lol

Ever considered having the car professionally detailed?

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm sitting here and Im seeing no options to multi quote

quickdodge®
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm sitting here and Im seeing no options to multi quote

It's right next to where you click to quote someone. To the right. It's a little tab with a set of quotation marks in a "speak box" with a plus sign beside it.

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
It's right next to where you click to quote someone. To the right. It's a little tab with a set of quotation marks in a "speak box" with a plus sign beside it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/27/regyhany.jpg

Bacon
01-26-2013, 03:09 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/xangelsxlullabyx/Screenshot_2013-01-26-16-03-24.png

Should have bought an Android....just sayin

What does the more option give you?

quickdodge®
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
dont see it

Ahhhh. I don't use my phone for internet. I use a regular PC. But to be honest, I was talking to that "MOWE" character.

.blank cd
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM
What does the more option give you?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.Edit my own posts, report others, copy URLs, open the forums in Safari.

Nemesis
01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
wat is going on in hurrrrr

Bacon
01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
wat is going on in hurrrrr

Thread derailment.

Echonova
01-26-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm having a princess birthday party at my house, surprised more of you faeries aren't here.

D3UC3S
01-26-2013, 06:16 PM
I was creepin in the bushes.....nice curtains

David88vert
01-27-2013, 08:29 AM

You again. You haven't been intellectually slapped around enough today?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/xangelsxlullabyx/Screenshot_2013-01-26-16-03-24.png

Should have bought an Android....just sayin

Seems that you got slapped by Apple.
"Do iPhones exist?" - Yes, they do. The real question though is - Should they?

Echonova
01-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Seems that you got slapped by Apple.
"Do iPhones exist?" - Yes, they do. The real question though is - Should they?Only if you believe in collective salvation.

Doppelgänger
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Dis thread be all like "hey murrfukka lemmie like make ya heads hurt n stuffs".

Echonova
01-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Dis thread be all like "hey murrfukka lemmie like make ya heads hurt n stuffs".aY0!!!! lemme cop dat waxnshit!!!!

MachNU
01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
This thread got really gay at 9:37 PM.

Echonova
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
This thread got really gay at 9:37 PM.How many times have you asked if you can wax my ride???

One gay time too many, that's how many.

MachNU
01-27-2013, 09:20 PM
How many times have you asked if you can wax my ride???

One gay time too many, that's how many.

Wax your shit? Dont you drive a miata?

On a side note...your legs sure are sexy Echo!

http://www.dezignstuff.com/images/miata.jpg

Echonova
01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Lovers gonna quarrel.

MOWE
01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Wtf lol.......

David88vert
01-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Only if you believe in collective salvation.

To be honest, I actually like the iPhone. While it's not for me personally, you cannot deny that they have much better customer service than any other phone maker - by far. For that reason, iPhones were my obvious choice for my wife, my daughter, my mother, and 2 aunts. I bought them all iPhones, as I didn't want to have to be the only real support for their questions. With an iPhone, they get a consistent user experience with very few issues. You do have some limitations with apps, but for most people, it's actually a very good solution.

For myself - I went with a GS3.

Doppelgänger
01-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Do it like a bauce...

http://www.pamcakedesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/an-ideal-garage-must-be-designed-carefully-do-not-washing-car-in-garage.jpg

I was doing this last winter myself.

MachNU
01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
^ LOL. Mike Phillips.

Doppelgänger
01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
I wish I could find the picture I took of me washing my car in my garage last winter when it was like 25* outside. Works great.