PDA

View Full Version : Local KIA Forte featured on Canibeat

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm very happy that I got to meet Carlos a few weeks ago and shoot his car for the site. Please check out the article (http://www.canibeat.com/2013/01/heart-and-seoul-the-only-bagged-kia-forte-in-the-world/)!

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte61-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte2-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte8-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte3-900x600.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte4-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte5-602x900.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte7-900x602.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte9-900x600.jpg

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/forte10-900x600.jpg

If you think your car might be feature worthy, give me a call!

Sammich
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
good fukin shit..congrats man

1civic
01-11-2013, 11:53 AM
I see rims on air ride, still a Kia.. NOT A FEATURE CAR IMO!! LOL

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I see rims on air ride, still a Kia.. NOT A FEATURE CAR IMO!! LOL

What do you think he should have added to be feature worthy?

He is literally the only Forte in the world with this type of setup.

Sammich
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
A honda on rotas i bet

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM

I hate sticking my opinion in on things, but here goes. This car is incredibly unique. I remember seeing this guys car at a mellow mushroom meet when it was first lowered and thinking Kia definitely had something with this car.

I'm of the mind that wheels can make or break the whole look of a car, and these wheels do not look good on anything at all. Anything. I don't know what it is about these wheels that has the stance scene clamoring over them, but they have to be ugliest design of wheels since Asanti Assasins. This car would be profoundly more interesting if it didnt have those wheels on it.

Is it Canibeat feature worthy? Sure, due to uniqueness and effort.

Could it be better? Most definitely.

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Its a lowered car with some shitty stanced wheels and a carbon hood?

that is feature worthy now? Am I missing something

Sammich
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
a kia you normally wouldnt drive in, with body work that's been cleanly performed, on bags (wheels could be better, easily)...but it does deserve a feature IMO

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Still dont see what the big deal is. Nice looking car, but the wheels look terrible

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
When I'm choosing cars to feature, I primarily look for unique cars with quality work. Look through my features and you'll usually find that there is something off the beaten path. Furthermore, any model that hasn't been touched will have different expectations.

I believe that a true pioneer in a developing scene (KDM) deserves attention. Carlos has been working on this car for a couple years now, and has had looks that imho, weren't feature worthy. With the installation of a completely custom air suspension and custom body work, the car is finally on a level that deserves recognition and rises above the sum of its parts. Are the wheels my favorite? Absolutely not. But they check the right boxes, and weren't really the focus of the feature anyway.

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
^ that's what I'm thinkin. It meets feature criteria, but it has SO much potential to be nicer.

I remember seeing this thing on Barrett when he swapped wheels from the BBS RSs. I facepalmed all the way back home.

It was like dumping Jessica Alba for Brenda Fricker.

Sammich
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
^ that's what I'm thinkin. It meets feature criteria, but it has SO much potential to be nicer.

I remember seeing this thing on Barrett when he swapped wheels from the BBS RSs. I facepalmed all the way back home.

QFTMFT!!!!!!!!!!!! that was the ONLYYYYYYYYYY and i mean ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY gripe i've EVER had w/ this car, EVER!!!! DEFINITELY should have kept the BBS

Sammich
01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to .blank cd again.

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM

This is where I'm going to be an internet snob for a second.

Those weren't RS's, they were Konig Remembers. To be featured where he wanted to be featured, reps weren't going to cut it; right, wrong, indifferent. I agree though that the mesh style was a much better looking set-up.

1civic
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM

Kids these days.. WTF they thinking?

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Like im not trying to be an asshole im being dead on balls serious.

I dont really see anything special about it. its a Forte with suspension and wheels? I am not a fan of the stance at all, but I understand its popular right now. It looks like it has exhaust and maybe a front lip?

I mean i get its "different" and such, but a FEATURE car? I always though feature cars had a little bit of everything. Interior, motor, suspension, body, etc. Not just wheels and slammed on an air ride system.

Nice car, nice pictures, just dont see the appeal. WOW factor for me is like a 1 on a scale of 1-10

Seriously, it doesnt look all that much different than this
http://www.autogush.com/images/kia-forte-koup-2014-02.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nHcgV4sTI2c/TnFggeEQ7vI/AAAAAAAAC3I/XXnAWpZjSs4/s1600/2011-Kia-Forte-Koup-Type-R.jpg

Can you point out what im missing, serious question.

1civic
01-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Question: when did a car with no Function become cool?

Please explain...

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Question: when did a car with no Function become cool?

Please explain...

when it became cheaper to build :P

WHEELS+AIR RIDE=FEATURE CAR is way cheaper than ENGINE+SUSPENSION+WHEELS+INTERIOR+AERO=FEATURE CAR

Sammich
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
the car has no function? it's function is to be driven and not tracked, i'm sure it's very functional at that. the 'company' or w/e you want to call it is based off of the 'stance' trend, so it fits, i dont see why the hate on 'non functionality' is running so rampant in this thread right now.

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:03 PM

I dont really see anything special about it. its a Forte with suspension and wheels? I am not a fan of the stance at all, but I understand its popular right now. It looks like it has exhaust and maybe a front lip?

I mean i get its "different" and such, but a FEATURE car? I always though feature cars had a little bit of everything. Interior, motor, suspension, body, etc. Not just wheels and slammed on an air ride system.

Nice car, nice pictures, just dont see the appeal. WOW factor for me is like a 1 on a scale of 1-10

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nHcgV4sTI2c/TnFggeEQ7vI/AAAAAAAAC3I/XXnAWpZjSs4/s1600/2011-Kia-Forte-Koup-Type-R.jpg

Feature cars need to be purpose built, they need to have the form and the function!!

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
the car has no function? it's function is to be driven and not tracked, i'm sure it's very functional at that. the 'company' or w/e you want to call it is based off of the 'stance' trend, so it fits, i dont see why the hate on 'non functionality' is running so rampant in this thread right now.

Lose the word hate... And it has no function, You can't drive it like that!! LOL

Sammich
01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
it's on airbags, this isnt a race inspired magazine/webzine so what function do you want out of this?! i call this hate, sorry if you don't like it. if it was a race inspired mag/webzine, i'd agree with you 2, but i dont/cant. it serves the purpose of the mag/webzine

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
This is where I'm going to be an internet snob for a second.

Those weren't RS's, they were Konig Remembers. To be featured where he wanted to be featured, reps weren't going to cut it; right, wrong, indifferent. I agree though that the mesh style was a much better looking set-up.

Ahh. I didn't ever see em close up. Thought they were RSs. Still coulda stepped into some LMs or CCWs or something I don't care how played out classics are, this car would be on another level with classics instead of these

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Lose the word hate... And it has no function, You can't drive it like that!! LOL

Ok. I didn't really want to go here, but lets all get in our time machine and head on back to 2009 for a stance vs track argument.

The function of this car is to be a daily-driven show car. It will never race, never appear to race, and will never see a track. It's an automatic KIA Forte for the love of God.

Canibeat is a stance blog. We feature stanced cars. I've been wanting to feature a non-Genesis KIA/Hyundai for awhile, because its a brand new scene that very few people are involved in. This car is currently the most advanced and innovative stanced KIA in the world AFAIK.

If this car was an Civic Si and was modded the same way, would it be featured? Absolutely not.

1. Unique car.
2. Quality parts/build
3. Correct stance

Those three together will usually get you a feature on any stance site.

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
it's on airbags, this isnt a race inspired magazine/webzine so what function do you want out of this?! i call this hate, sorry if you don't like it. if it was a race inspired mag/webzine, i'd agree with you 2, but i dont/cant. it serves the purpose of the mag/webzine

It's purpose is to sit in a parking lot and get attention.. SMH!

Whatever gets your dick hard I guess...

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM

In the stance community, airride is a big deal. That's what sets it apart from those cars and makes it feature worthy.

Personally, I'm a big fan of OEM+ styling so I like all the little Cerato bits and the converted STI spoiler too. I think its an interesting car and worth showing off. I guess that's all there is to it.

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:22 PM
It's purpose is to sit in a parking lot and get attention.. SMH!

Whatever gets your dick hard I guess...

Its purpose is to move its owner from point A to point B faster and more efficiently than walking. And to look good while doing so.

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
So lets define how this so-called "stance" game came about... :thinking:

Hmmm, I'm to broke to afford mods so i'm gonna cut some ebay coils, and cram rims under my car that don't fit.. Yep I'm cool now!!:no:

HARD PARKED YOLO!!

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
So lets define how this so-called "stance" game came about... :thinking:

Hmmm, I'm to broke to afford mods so i'm gonna cut some ebay coils, and cram rims under my car that don't fit.. Yep I'm cool now!!:no:

HARD PARKED YOLO!!

Come on man, this isn't that big of a deal, nor is it anything new. The basic idea is as old as cars themselves.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/hot-rod-show-trucks-steve-mckinzie.jpg

You see it with the pre-war American hot-rods, the Atomic era Customs, the 70s Japanese Shakotan/Bosozuku racers, the VW scene, and finally the American stance scene. Its all the same thing.

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Now why would you bring an Icon into the mix?

I like a lot of things, but dude.... IT'S A KIA!! you know why it's the only one on air ride now?

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I mean should I go buy a Daewoo, slap air ride, and bbs.. I mean it's in same class as a KIA, A to B car, faster then walking!! Can I get Feature then??

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
In the stance community, airride is a big deal. That's what sets it apart from those cars and makes it feature worthy.

Personally, I'm a big fan of OEM+ styling so I like all the little Cerato bits and the converted STI spoiler too. I think its an interesting car and worth showing off. I guess that's all there is to it.

Thank you for the clarification. Im not familiar with Canibeat so now that im clearly not in your demographic I understand why i "dont get it".

It is a different car, Ill give you that and it looks good, I personally dont like stanced wheels, it could be a GTR and I would still not like it. Just me.

I guess this would be like me bashing on Soccer magazine featuring a soccer star because I dont like soccer and love basketball. Hope you didnt take it as bashing, though.

:)

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Im not familiar with Canibeat so now that im clearly not in your demographic I understand why i "dont get it"

I'll never get it I guess..

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Now why would you bring an Icon into the mix?

Because its the same thing 70 years earlier.

I like a lot of things, but dude.... IT'S A KIA!! you know why it's the only one on air ride now?

Because they aren't popular cars for modding. Neither were Hondas in the '70s.

We feature cars that are interesting and different so that thousands of people a month click on the link, read the article, and return the next day to read about something completely different.

And maybe a sticker or two while they are there.

Sammich
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I guess everyone races to and from their job, home, other recreational places SMFH

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I mean should I go buy a Daewoo, slap air ride, and bbs.. I mean it's in same class as a KIA, A to B car, faster then walking!! Can I get Feature then??

Yes.

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Im not familiar with Canibeat so now that im clearly not in your demographic I understand why i "dont get it".

It is a different car, Ill give you that and it looks good, I personally dont like stanced wheels, it could be a GTR and I would still not like it. Just me.

I guess this would be like me bashing on Soccer magazine featuring a soccer star because I dont like soccer and love basketball. Hope you didnt take it as bashing, though.

:)

No worries. I'm not the biggest stance fan myself either. But the stance blogs get the most hits and the most folks that want photography done.

$$$

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
If this car was a Civic Si and was modded the same way, would it be featured? Absolutely notWe'll see about that.

:ninja:

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
We'll see about that.

:ninja:

Unless its a 9th gen. :)

1civic
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
I guess everyone races to and from their job, home, other recreational places SMFH

No we don't, but if you can afford to build an all-around car you will... ;)

Yes.

*runs to build a Daewoo*

Hermin
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
He sold those wheels. He has new ones on the way. Car is dope.

DontHate
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
No one besides me sees the irony that the 2 people complaining about the functionality of this car have civic and vtec in their name?

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
No one besides me sees the irony that the 2 people complaining about the functionality of this car have civic and vtec in their name?

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

Why is that ironic?

DontHate
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Why is that ironic?

It's not, any vtec is basically the best platform for a car built for functionality.

1civic
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

Check my join date again, then check it again... Maybe if you look one more time!! Get the picture yet?

I don't give a fuck about stance, offset, hard parking, IMO if you can't afford real mods then don't bother!!

Vteckidd
01-11-2013, 04:13 PM

[Samsung Galaxy S3]
Screename is older than you, ive been Vteckidd for like 18 years.

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

Ironic that someone posting about functionality is posting from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Vteckidd
It's not, any vtec is basically the best platform for a car built for functionality.

you misunderstand what "functional" means.

Im not hating on anything, any car can have functional mods that make it more enjoyable to drive, more aesthetically appealing , faster, etc.

This car has air bags , which dont particularly make me go WHOA, but in the case of this photographer who works/runs/owns a site or mag that caters to people into that style, I understand it.

Vteckidd
Ironic that someone posting about functionality is posting from a Samsung Galaxy S3
LOL WINNAR

DontHate
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Check my join date again, then check it again... Maybe if you look one more time!! Get the picture yet?

I don't give a fuck about stance, offset, hard parking, IMO if you can't afford real mods then don't bother!!

So the only REAL mods are the ones you support? If it isn't performance, it isn't a mod?

Don't understand this at all, you must be an Apple fan? Posting from my 2012 i7 Macbook Pro now if that's better.

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 04:30 PM
So the only REAL mods are the ones you support? If it isn't performance, it isn't a mod?

Some people aren't into visual mods, nothing anyone can do about it.

Don't understand this at all, you must be an Apple fan? Posting from my 2012 i7 Macbook Pro now if that's better.

Significantly.

DontHate
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Some people aren't into visual mods, nothing anyone can do about it.

But don't bash those who are. Or complain that someone took PICTURES of a car that looks good. Making a race video of this car? No. But I don't understand how you can complain about a feature on a beautiful, unique car.

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 04:37 PM
But don't bash those who are. Or complain that someone took PICTURES of a car that looks good. Making a race video of this car? No. But I don't understand how you can complain about a feature on a beautiful, unique car.

Those that dislike will likely continue disliking ad nauseam.

Sol-Badguy
01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Ironic that someone posting about functionality is posting from a Samsung Galaxy S3 Hey, hey. You struck a nerve. :cry:

quickdodge®
01-11-2013, 07:59 PM

Andy, don't bother with that dude's comment. What Carlos is doing is what needs to be done. Create diversity. It's sad that some people just want to see the same thing over and over again.

I thought his was the only one in this country because, if I remember correctly, there are a couple in Europe that are also on air bags.

quickdodge®
01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
This thread is exactly what I was talking about as to one reason this site has the bad rap.

KyleG
01-11-2013, 08:03 PM
My favorite car right now. Yes, favorite. And the owner is a really cool guy.

If the car had wheel gap or 'fake wheels' the arguement right now would be for him to 'have moar low' and get 'real wheels'.

Always something.... lol

Julio
01-11-2013, 08:47 PM
The car is beautiful and great pictures.. If this was my Car.. And I was still into modding cars.. I wouldnt consider this car to be " there " yet.. I would keep this car exactly like it is with the exterior, wheels, lip, air bags.. Looks to have some sort of widebody work on it., exterior is on point.. To be Elite..needs, a nice stereo, although this car is to parking lot pimp, I would boost it.. And some interior work, LIGHT interior work.. Nothing stupid. Just my personal opinion.. But car is pretty dope.

.blank cd
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Hey, hey. You struck a nerve. :cry:

I WUV U

KyleG
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I would boost it..

I heard this was in the works...

Nerdsrock22
01-11-2013, 10:19 PM
I thought his was the only one in this country because, if I remember correctly, there are a couple in Europe that are also on air bags.

I checked with him several times before putting that. He's claiming first ever. I'd be interested to see another.

RL...
01-11-2013, 11:25 PM

That's all it takes to be featured now, man. lol

The car is clean and all, but I'm not a fan of the wheels either, or bagging anything other than a big body luxury car

1civic
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I bought a Daewoo, soon to be the next feature car!! WUT WUT.. Diversity at it's finest!!

*logs out*

DontHate
01-12-2013, 04:00 AM
What does 1civic actually drive

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

mistergou
01-12-2013, 05:36 AM
I like the car it looks great! and great pics also!

quickdodge®
01-12-2013, 06:01 AM
I heard this was in the works...

I, for one, hope not.

What does 1civic actually drive

Don't feed it, dude. It really is pointless.

boostedb16
01-12-2013, 07:04 AM
i personally love this car and to me the wheels could be worse. i dont really see any reason for all the bitching about it. good job on the pictures also.

DontHate
01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
It's a dope car. Saw it and met him at the Barrett Parkway meet one night.

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

Sammich
01-12-2013, 08:19 AM

EXACCCCCCCTLY your meaningless OPINION, so take it and stfu with it, because it's irrelevant as to this webzine's feature. I never understand with some sites, particularly this one, why it's straight bashing because you dont like it, instead of appreciating the craftsmanship that a person takes to build/mod a nice clean vehicle. This is what teh car scene is about, everyone has differing taste as to what they like, but everyone appreciates vehicles and anytime you hear of a car/truck/bike meet everyone is antsy to go to one, but always critical about dumbshit. Just stfu and appreciate the scene for it's diversity and stay in your lane

boostedb16
01-12-2013, 08:28 AM
EXACCCCCCCTLY your meaningless OPINION, so take it and stfu with it, because it's irrelevant as to this webzine's feature. I never understand with some sites, particularly this one, why it's straight bashing because you dont like it, instead of appreciating the craftsmanship that a person takes to build/mod a nice clean vehicle. This is what teh car scene is about, everyone has differing taste as to what they like, but everyone appreciates vehicles and anytime you hear of a car/truck/bike meet everyone is antsy to go to one, but always critical about dumbshit. Just stfu and appreciate the scene for it's diversity and stay in your laneexactly. one reason i try not to post anything about a car that is not my taste or my style. i basicly like all types but if it dont suite me then i dont bother saying anything because its not my car. as far as this car goes, its more than a car with wheels and bags. go back and find his build thread, a lot more than that has been put into this car, more than most can say about theres and a hell of a lot more than mine.

quickdodge®
01-12-2013, 09:40 AM
instead of appreciating the craftsmanship that a person takes to build/mod a nice clean vehicle.

I disagree here. You don't have to like or even appreciate another person's ride. Not for the sake of this hobby. But a dislike for something can be tactfully represented.

exactly. one reason i try not to post anything about a car that is not my taste or my style. i basicly like all types but if it dont suite me then i dont bother saying anything because its not my car.

There's nothing wrong in commenting on a car that doesn't suit your style. Just be cool with it. I've done that many times...even on this car. There are a few things I don't like about it, I mentioned them, tastefully, gave the owner a thumb's up and moved on.

Again, not everyone is going to like everything and not everyone has to. But it is imperative that people just be respectful either way.

boostedb16
01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
There's nothing wrong in commenting on a car that doesn't suit your style. Just be cool with it. I've done that many times...even on this car. There are a few things I don't like about it, I mentioned them, tastefully, gave the owner a thumb's up and moved on.

Again, not everyone is going to like everything and not everyone has to. But it is imperative that people just be respectful either way.well said. most of the time i dont feel its my place to dislike someones car, i mean i will ask why about something but normally i just dont say anything.

1civic
01-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Respect the work, Hmmm... Ok!!

Later!

e.mury
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhzig94gmd1qa5l6to1_500.gif

Elbow
01-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Ok. I didn't really want to go here, but lets all get in our time machine and head on back to 2009 for a stance vs track argument.

The function of this car is to be a daily-driven show car. It will never race, never appear to race, and will never see a track. It's an automatic KIA Forte for the love of God.

Canibeat is a stance blog. We feature stanced cars. I've been wanting to feature a non-Genesis KIA/Hyundai for awhile, because its a brand new scene that very few people are involved in. This car is currently the most advanced and innovative stanced KIA in the world AFAIK.

If this car was an Civic Si and was modded the same way, would it be featured? Absolutely not.

1. Unique car.
2. Quality parts/build
3. Correct stance

Those three together will usually get you a feature on any stance site.

I have to add this, when I and many other people say it's not functional, that doesn't mean it should function on the track. If you need to change a route or modify your driveway entrance for your slammed car, your car is not functional. That's just my own opinion of course and I personally could care less what people want to do.

As for the car in question, the Forte looks better than many other cars in its class, or older Civics with a similar wheel setup. I don't think it's ugly or anything, not my cup of tea with the whole 90s poke thing and tire stretch but I don't even remotely care for the whole "stance" scene so of course it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

C230K
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
I guess I need to air bag and stance my benz :ninja:

DontHate
01-12-2013, 11:43 PM
At least it didn't blow up

[Samsung Galaxy S3]

civicturbo10
01-13-2013, 02:02 AM
This Kia reminds me of the VIP style that has been emerging although it's not a 4 door lux sedan which seems to be the entry into this VIP style.

VIP
Japanese Cars show 2011 (part 3) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrIKIXqLGM)

VIP
BLACK 2 VIP Car Meet - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mz19ZIIeiw)

Guys there is nothing wrong with the wheels. It's not ugly as you guys make it out to be. There reminiscent of the AMG hammer wheels that came out a while back. When they first appeared i have no idea, but i'm sure i was a kid when they did. If there was another wheel that his are similar too i have no clue, but the AMGs come to mind. His are simple, elegant, deep dish and blend well towards his "VIP" style that i think he's trying to portray. If, he isn't then i don't know.
Within the VIP style i like most deep dish wheels and some I don't. But his wheels are certainly not ugly. They look great b/c there deep dish. But, I can show you ugly wheels.

AMG hammers
17" MERCEDES AMG HAMMER STYLE WHEELS + MICHELIN/PIRELLI TYRES | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Darebin Area - Preston (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/preston/wheels-tyres-rims/17-mercedes-amg-hammer-style-wheels-michelin-pirelli-tyres/1012076816)

Ugly american racing rim
Mike's Miata Blog (http://mikesmiata.blogspot.com/)

more, ugly wheels
Worst Wheel I've ever seen! - Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-tire-racks-tires-wheels-and-brakes-forum/58879-worst-wheel-ive-ever-seen.html)

Tommy_T
01-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Great shots Andy.

Black R
01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
What I like about this car is the amount of work to makeout a metal wide body. :thumbup:

Elbow
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
This Kia reminds me of the VIP style that has been emerging although it's not a 4 door lux sedan which seems to be the entry into this VIP style.

VIP
Japanese Cars show 2011 (part 3) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryrIKIXqLGM)

VIP
BLACK 2 VIP Car Meet - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mz19ZIIeiw)

Guys there is nothing wrong with the wheels. It's not ugly as you guys make it out to be. There reminiscent of the AMG hammer wheels that came out a while back. When they first appeared i have no idea, but i'm sure i was a kid when they did. If there was another wheel that his are similar too i have no clue, but the AMGs come to mind. His are simple, elegant, deep dish and blend well towards his "VIP" style that i think he's trying to portray. If, he isn't then i don't know.
Within the VIP style i like most deep dish wheels and some I don't. But his wheels are certainly not ugly. They look great b/c there deep dish. But, I can show you ugly wheels.

AMG hammers
17" MERCEDES AMG HAMMER STYLE WHEELS + MICHELIN/PIRELLI TYRES | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Darebin Area - Preston (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/preston/wheels-tyres-rims/17-mercedes-amg-hammer-style-wheels-michelin-pirelli-tyres/1012076816)

Ugly american racing rim
Mike's Miata Blog (http://mikesmiata.blogspot.com/)

more, ugly wheels
Worst Wheel I've ever seen! - Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-tire-racks-tires-wheels-and-brakes-forum/58879-worst-wheel-ive-ever-seen.html)

You do know some people just may not like them right? There's no such thing as wheels that aren't ugly. What's cool to some may be hideous to others. Always.

civicturbo10
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
You do know some people just may not like them right? There's no such thing as wheels that aren't ugly. What's cool to some may be hideous to others. Always.

Yep, i can understand not liking. Just not there taste. It's like my friend says all the time to his wife - honey, not everyone is the same.
Total truth right there. Now this forte's wheels i can't honestly say there ugly, or even hideous. That's a stretch. I can see not liking them, i'll give you that. But i think there ok. But ugly?....look at those VIPs wheels in the youtube video, those are fairly good looking wheels. Are there ugly deep dish wheels - yes, i i've seen some. If you watch the youtube vid i posted look at all of those VIPs with deep dish wheels. I see this forte rocking a similar taste in wheels. If his wheels weren't deep dish then i can honestly say not really digging the wheels. Ugly as non-deep dish..Ummm I'd have to see it and look at it.

The vid with the deep dish wheels - if there are some people who call those wheels hideous I"m sorry but i would have to strongly disagree. Most look good in the video. Just calling them hideous / ugly is beyond my comprehension but i totally agree with not liking them if that's your desire. Or even disliking the VIP style.

Sammich
01-14-2013, 06:26 AM
But it is imperative that people just be respectful either way.

this is all i'm getting at

stevo_EF91
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
crooked ebay cerato emblem?

Sammich
01-14-2013, 08:18 AM
i think it's how the R is that makes it appear 'crooked', i'm sure it's straight

SHAUNvX
01-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I LOL'd at this thread and everything posted, Mainly the "Its a KIA" when people started modding Honda's/Acura's or anything else, Im pretty sure the same comment was made, But who cares? Its called being different, He liked the car and wanted to mod it. To me the car is feature worthy, When do you ever see a KIA forte with this much work into it?

Doppelgänger
01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Eh, I skimmed a few pages of this thread. I feel some people are blowing the "feature" title out of proportion. It's a feature on a place that caters to the latest bandwagon craze. So it's not really out of place at all for what is done to it. Would you ever see it in Turbo Mag or SCC (R.I.P) ? No. Might you see it in Import Tuner? Maybe. Canibeat is just the latest trends and it so happens that that look is the "in" thing. I agree with Mike that the car has minimal mods and that usually showcase cars have a little of everything, but the simple fact is that there is a demand for simple and clean. Just like I'm sure there are some cars in DUB that are very simple but well executed.

As far as how I feel about the car. Well, I give him credit where credit is due to do something no one else has done for a platform. The car is clean, the wheels fit the bandwagon and it is easy on the eyes. But it's not my cup of tea. Congrats to him for doing something a little off the beaten path and getting exposure.

I'm a race-inspired kinda guy..I like performance and functionality. I have modified my car to how I see fit and even with it's extensive parts list, the car gets less attention than another Miata with cheap suspension that can slam the car and sports super low-offset 15" wheels and dumb stretched tires...because that is the "in" thing right now.
Hell, this car gets crazy amounts of attention...because it's on the current stance/slam bandwagon

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543802_4183313472547_835876524_n.jpg

mods-
- OEM painted to match Hardtop w/ defroster and headliner
- 949racing 6ul's: 15x9 -195/50, 15x10 - 205/50 (Tires: Dunlop Direzza DZ101's)
- Rokkor Coilovers
- Harddog M2 sport rollbar
- CXracing FMIC w/ custom 2.5" piping
- GReddy Type RZ BOV
- Unknown 2.5" downpipe w/ HFC
- Broadway Rear View Mirror
- Pioneer Headunit w/ ipod and aux capability
- Home Depot "Splitter/Lip"
- Autometer Boost Gauge in double a-pillar mount

vs my car

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4134/4792084642_8c1d3084e2_b.jpg

mods-
Engine/Power:

-Flyin' Miata FMII turbo kit*
*Garrett 2560R ball bearing turbo
*1-piece silicone charge pipes
*upgraded intercooler
*Hydra Nemesis Standalone ECU
*RC Engineering 550cc injectors
*MAF delete (Hydra uses MAP)
Flyin' Miata oil filter relocation kit
TurboXS "RFL" BOV
Hallman manual boost controller
KOYO 55mm radiator
Flyin Miata fan shroud with SPAL fans
Magnacore 8mm plug wires
Mazdaspeed oil cap
Enthuzacar 3" custom turbo-back exhaust
Powerflex polyurathane exhaust hangers
Autometer boost gauge
Rotella Synthetic oil always used
Powdercoated valvecover "City Lights" over black base

Suspension/drivetain:
Ohlins DFV Custom coilovers - 12k/8k springs
Flyin' Miata sway bars
Flyin' Miata rear "canon" brace
BeatRush rear PPF subframe brace
Carbing transmission brace
Wilwood 4-piston BBK w/11" rotors (front)
Porterfield R4-S brake pads
Goodridge stainless brake lines
ATE Superblue brake fluid
Flyin' Miata "Happy Meal" clutch w/10lb flywheel
Clutch bypass switch
stock 3.9 TorSen LSD rear-end
Flyin' Miata adjustable swaybar end links
949 Racing Aluminum lug nuts
Redline fluids in differential and transmission

Interior/exterior:
Garage Vary front nose (authentic JDM parts y0!)
Bomex Aero Mirrors (more JDM goodies)
OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 headlights
OEM Mazdaspeed MX-5 spoiler
Spare trunk lid with APR GT-II wing
OEM/dealer option "large" side skirts
OEM/dealer option "small" rear mud flaps
Moss Motors clear side markers
VW "turbo" emblem
Mazdaspeed MX-5 rear view mirror cover
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary seats (blue alcantara inserts w/leather sides and back)
2003 Miata Sinshen Edition door panel inserts (blue to match seats)
2003 Miata SE floor mats (blue trimmed to match seats and door panels)
1999 Miata gauge faces (black as opposed to cream) with custom blue back lighting
Stock BOSE stereo with AUXMOD input
Sola shift knob
Willans 6-point harnesses
Sparco 383 steering wheel
HID headlight kit w/5k bulbs
SIRIS HID fog light w/5k bulbs (stock bumper)
Rewired OEM foglights for independant operation
BossFrog Double Maxx rollbar with SFI padding and vinyl cover & seatbelt relocators
BossFrog harness bar
I.L. Motorsport L.E.D. clear 3rd brake light
Delan hidden hitch
Black-chrome license plate frame
Nautilus horn

Wheels/tires (current):

-17x7.5 +37 SSR C-RS with 215-40/17 Federal 595RS tires (street)

I'm sure well have another trend "cool thing" soon, I have no idea what it is and it could be cool or it might totally suck. But the point is, The Kia fits the bill for now and thus a demand to see cars with such styling regardless of the number of mods.

90DB1
01-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Nice car and cool dude

Nerdsrock22
01-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Just to remind you....

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Southrnfresh_Sundays_13.jpg

And I'd love to do a full feature of your car. Builds like yours are few and far between, and I'll do anything in my power to insure that trends move more in that direction.

Doppelgänger
01-15-2013, 08:06 AM
A humble thank you, Andy. Anytime you want to take action, just let me know :D

Andr3w
01-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Hell yeah. It makes me happy to see this. Carlos is a great guy. His car has come a long way from the first time he rolled up to a local meet with the dealer tag still on.

quickdodge®
01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
A humble thank you, Andy. Anytime you want to take action, just let me know :D

I heard Andy takes good pictures.

BoRi_8
01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your opinions. The car is in the process of new wheels right now. They are being built at the moment. As for the people who say the Remembers looked better on my car, the wheels were reps. Reason I got rid of them and got these works...

1. Because the works are different and I wanted to see how my car looked with them.

2. Remembers are reps and I wanted multi-piece wheels.

The new wheels that are being built are mesh style.

BoRi_8
01-16-2013, 12:11 PM
And as for the people who say this car has no function...

1. The car is daily driven and takes me to work everyday.

2. Ive driven this car to Orlando, Chalotte, Greensville, nashville, etc for car shows with no problems whatsoever.

I think it serves its purpose.

This car by no means to be a track car. This car will probably never see a track. Its built for stance. Why? Because thats what I like.

DontHate
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
It should be built how you like it. Saw it at dicks one night I was there with Atlanta gs looked AWESOME. I'm about to get your buddy sterns wheels too btw :-)

[Samsung Galaxy S3]