PDA

View Full Version : MOTOR COMS OUT/MOTOR GOES IN!!

combelg35
01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
BOUGHT A G WITH ONLY 5 PISTONS AND 20 VALVES LEFT. I WAS SCARED AT FIRST BUT WITH THE HELP OF MY SUPER TECH BROTHER ALL WENT SMOOTH. TOOK 16 HRS LABOR TO SWAP IT... NOT BAD...RIGHT? NO LIFT BTW...

RandomGuy
01-10-2013, 08:33 AM
guess you don't need a lift when the WHOLE FRONT comes off, lol

Bacon
01-10-2013, 12:26 PM
How cheap did you pick up a G with a blown motor for?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

combelg35
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
i got it for $3500. paid $800 for motor. i got 5k in it like it sits in profile pic. much more to come.. cant help it being that i could be in a civic for that price!!! no offense civics...much luv honda gang!!!

Bacon
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Thats not bad at all. Was it wrecked at all?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Mad Mike
01-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Nice work can't beat a G for that price even with the work you had to do.

I had a guy give me a 90 Celica for free because it was rod knocking. I swapped in a $300 junkyard motor and sold it for $1500. It took me less than a day to swap the motor on my gravel driveway and sold it two days after I got it running. Easy money.

combelg35
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
no just minor dings and scratches. had awful chrome wheels with wrong offset. has little problems from a 18 yr old owning it. sticky buttons. few burns on a pillar . passenger seat wont go back and forth . little stuff ill work out in the next few weeks. i bought the car mid dec. so with a lil time and taste i thing i'll be happy with it. i need to get it pro. buffed and maybe some paintless dent removal

combelg35
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
being able to work on my own cars and buy ones to flip helps. because of that i have made quite a few extra dollars . mostly do bikes though!!!

Franco Tirador
01-13-2013, 02:49 PM
im telling you man, all these little kids with these pretty fast machines, times have really changed, the guy that has my old 95 Supra now, was 21 last year, lives in Miami, has a speed boat, has a house and on top of the supra has an F250 Diesel that he came to pick up the supra in, his dad owns or is a top manager of a construction company down there so he has money to burn, even if i have the money to give my son a fast car when he grows up he is going to start off with a slow mid-size SUV, or mid-size sedan. But nowadays if your parents dont know much about cars and they have money you can talk them into buying a fast car without them knowing what they are paying for.

But props to you on getting a good deal on that G, them VQs are very good motors! and you know your car now on a personal level