PDA

View Full Version : Have a new set of wheels!

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 01:59 AM
NEW CAR :)

Hey Everyone

First off, I hope everyone had good holidays and a happy new year!

Second off, I KNOW THE PICS ARE 'MEH'. COULDN'T FIND A PICTURE OF THE FRONT ON MY COMPUTER...ITS 2:31am CUT ME SLACK ;)
[For all of those who don't know, last time I uploaded pics of my Honda Fit, they were horrible haha.]

So if you haven't figured it out by now, yes, I'm the guy who had that 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda Fit with white Konig Candys.

In regards to the turbo build....WELL, I got some news hahaha.
So you know I bought a kit for a '99 civic ex for about $400? I was going to sell some useless parts I had from it for $100 to a guy. We tried to meet up about an hour drive for each of us, but he realized he forgot his wallet when I got there and it was a long way. On the way home he offered to buy the whole kit for $600. At the same time, I found a member on FitFreak who was selling an HKS kit I was going to buy for $1800. I figured, hey, might as well just go that way to start. So I sold the kit, got a job, and started saving for the HKS kit. P.S. I'm only 17

By the time I had come close to getting the kit, I started aimlessly looking at other cars. I stumbled across a white zenki s14 for $9800 I do believe may actually have been posted on here. Loved it to death, asked my dad ( yes I'm a yougin' ) if I could get it. To my surprise, he said if I got rid of the Fit to get another car, and payed for it myself, I could. So, giddy with excitement, I eventually sold my fit for $7500 bucks. Payed off what we owed (used car lot) and with a (meager) wad of cash, I went out and bought a grey '91 S13.

I know, I know, boo for leaving the Fit and the turbo build world. I wish I could still have one, honestly! They are fun little cars, and they're sexy. I was just looking for something that was more ready for me to get some tools out with. I figure if I'm going into Mechanical Engineering, heading in the automotive direction, why not? A project car essentially. Also, RWD was calling my name, so I figured an s13 would show me the ways of RWD ;D

So far with the s13 I've done the following mods/replacements:

>Installed Carpet ( oh yeah, it was rhino lined...yikes )
>Took off some stupid Dildo knob that was on there yikes....(not even the fancy dildos just a damn copper open ended pipe about 12 inches long no joke..)
>Re-wired the Radio to function
>Installed like-new condition rear seats
>Installed new driver seat
>Sleepy-eye mod
>New front rims. (There's a story here haha. Spacers + wide rims + 3 lugs causes me to lose two studs, have a tow truck bring it home, and replace the right front wheel knuckle/hub. I said forget all that, reduce the width by 1.5 inches, so yeah haha. At least now I have drift spares ;) )
>New power-steering pressure hose
>Adjusted front coilovers. The car was so low to the ground when I bought it (talk about slammed) the fenders were sitting on front tires (http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=tires&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_rdc=1) and I was scraping frame on my driveway. Had to build ramps to get it in....wooo hahaha.

In the future i'm looking for a good deal on a paint job...trying to pick a theme here. Royal Blue with gold rims....Candy red with gold or black rims, or Nighthawk black (oh the days) with polished rims. I don't know yet haha but I have some saving to do before that even happens haha, just a premature thought.

Honestly, the reason why I got rid of the fit was because...
1. Heavy monthly payment since it was financed through a used car lot
2. Too new to actually "work" on if you know what I mean haha. I was honestly afraid to mess something up every time I worked on it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the fact that it was new and very very clean. But, I figured, I'm a teenager, might as well have a older sporty car I can fix up now instead of later when I'll need a nice car to actually go to work in.
3. I really want to go through a mix of cars before I settle down after college. I think it'd be a really cool experience.

I actually wrote a book I think.....like a sir?

Anyways, if you even manage to get through my book of nonsense, I hope to see some of you all at C&O meet this Sunday. I'll be bringing my s13.

Thanks for looking, please don't slander, i'm totally open to reasonable criticism although I haven't actually had the chance to personalize the car yet haha. I hope you all are just as supportive as you were with my Fit build.

Happy Holidays!

Connor

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 02:01 AM
More Pictures to come tomorrow

j0nbunklah0m
01-05-2013, 02:37 AM
front wheel looks like it has positive camber? looks funny regardless

Sinfix_15
01-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Those tires make me want to kick you in the nuts. There's 240sx wheel fitment threads that are longer than the bible...... there is no excuse for having fitment that jacked up. 225/50/17s?????? really????

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Those tires make me want to kick you in the nuts. There's 240sx wheel fitment threads that are longer than the bible...... there is no excuse for having fitment that jacked up. 225/50/17s?????? really????

You should reread the words before the pictures. Like I said in the post before the pictures, I haven't actually had a chance to do much to this car so all that should be directed to the previous owner. I did not choose the tire size nor any of the fitment elements yet. So what you see is from a previous owner. I chose to get the car actually working inside the cabin, as well as 100% mechanically sound, before I actually get into fixing the stance. Thanks for the criticism though..

As far as the jacked up front rims, yes they were very jacked up. I had them replaced. I think they are bent. **Pictures do not show new front rims** Just installed the front rims a couple of days ago, the pictures are older.

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 08:47 AM
please dont become a drift fanboy. Keep it classy.

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 09:00 AM
please dont become a drift fanboy. Keep it classy.

I wont, planning to clean this up. Plus I don't like zip ties soooo.....

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 09:09 AM
I wont, planning to clean this up. Plus I don't like zip ties soooo.....

good, finally a guy with some taste.

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Listen to Sinfix, he's sarcastic and sometimes harsh, but he knows what the fuck he's talking about and can steer you in the right direction, with anything you may need some help with.

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Listen to Sinfix, he's sarcastic and sometimes harsh, but he knows what the fuck he's talking about and can steer you in the right direction, with anything you may need some help with.

Sounds great. I don't doubt it, I just wanted to clarify that the retarded fitment was not my doing haha. I'll definitely need some help as I haven't been in the fitment game at all, so I'll be sure to ask him or you about some things.

Sinfix_15
01-05-2013, 10:12 AM
You should reread the words before the pictures. Like I said in the post before the pictures, I haven't actually had a chance to do much to this car so all that should be directed to the previous owner. I did not choose the tire size nor any of the fitment elements yet. So what you see is from a previous owner. I chose to get the car actually working inside the cabin, as well as 100% mechanically sound, before I actually get into fixing the stance. Thanks for the criticism though..

As far as the jacked up front rims, yes they were very jacked up. I had them replaced. I think they are bent. **Pictures do not show new front rims** Just installed the front rims a couple of days ago, the pictures are older.

Thread titled "new set of wheels" is misleading.

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Right........making the change!

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Sounds good, I have a sturdy understanding of suspension/tire/fitment stuff, and some motor stuff, but he would be the go to guy about 240 motors for sure.

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Sounds good, I have a sturdy understanding of suspension/tire/fitment stuff, and some motor stuff, but he would be the go to guy about 240 motors for sure.

Cool. Yeah suspension/tire/fitment stuff is probably my weakest area, honestly. Again, none of the current 'fitment' is my doing haha. I need to do more research so I know what rims suit my taste and give a good fitment. Alright sounds like a plan haha.

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Dont forget to get tires that are within factory spec (ratio, look up stock specs) so your speedo wont be off. I can bet money your current speedo's reading incorrectly because of the odd tire size.

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 10:50 AM
195/60/15 is stock rubber

l Gizzy l
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
here's a helpful link

Plus and Minus Sizing Your Tires (http://tires.about.com/od/understanding_tires/a/Plus-And-Minus-Sizing.htm)

Genji-Sama
01-05-2013, 12:34 PM

This.
At first I was like wow, traded your Fit for a 25+ year old drift turd, but you made a really convincing argument and went out and worked for what you want. The world needs more kids like you (lol, I say that like i'm old or something), but congrats on the new car. G'luck with it :goodjob:

FITDrummer13
01-05-2013, 02:00 PM
This.
At first I was like wow, traded your Fit for a 25+ year old drift turd, but you made a really convincing argument and went out and worked for what you want. The world needs more kids like you (lol, I say that like i'm old or something), but congrats on the new car. G'luck with it :goodjob:

Hahahaha that's great. Thanks. Yeah I knowingly made this decision. It wont be a turd for long. Thanks man

quickdodgeŽ
01-05-2013, 08:16 PM
More Pictures to come tomorrow

I hope not. Just post pics of the Fit instead.

D3UC3S
01-06-2013, 09:33 AM
what happened to the zenki??

hope you didn't pay more than 2500 for a rhino lined, slammed out, beat up s13.

GL with whatever you do to it.

Bacon
01-06-2013, 10:11 AM
I hope not. Just post pics of the Fit instead.

Sold the Fit.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

quickdodgeŽ
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Sold the Fit.

Notice I didn't say post pics of "YOUR?" Fit.

Bacon
01-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Notice I didn't say post pics of "YOUR? Fit.

Touche

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

FITDrummer13
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
what happened to the zenki??

hope you didn't pay more than 2500 for a rhino lined, slammed out, beat up s13.

GL with whatever you do to it.

I have eyes bigger than my wallet, what can I say? haha. Gotta start somewhere though. The zenki was $9800 if I remember correctly.
Plus, I'd rather actually be able to say "built not bought" regardless of how cheesy the phrase may be.

Had it been my decision entirely, I would liked to have kept the fit and had this as just a weekend project car. Dad wanted the monthly payment gone though, so yeah.

FITDrummer13
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
This.

This is feedback I love. Thanks I appreciate it haha. I know its weird I got a 21 year old car after owning a 4 year old car, but i'm sure you can understand now after my argument haha. Also, my dad wanted the monthly payment eliminated, so a cash car was in order.

Sinfix_15
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
This is feedback I love. Thanks I appreciate it haha. I know its weird I got a 21 year old car after owning a 4 year old car, but i'm sure you can understand now after my argument haha. Also, my dad wanted the monthly payment eliminated, so a cash car was in order.

How does your dad feel about the car you have now?

Scotsman
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
How does your dad feel about the car you have now?http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/woody938/gifs/epic_facepalm.gif

FITDrummer13
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
He thinks it needs work, haha.

But he loves this whole no-payment situation.

2turbo4u
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I like this thread it's funny!

Sinfix_15
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
He thinks it needs work, haha.

But he loves this whole no-payment situation.

you have a good dad..... i would have grounded you.

FITDrummer13
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
you have a good dad..... i would have grounded you.

LOL. Well I did buy it to work on it so it is what it is. I do wish I had more money to buy a better platform to start with, honestly.

Sinfix_15
01-10-2013, 12:26 AM
LOL. Well I did buy it to work on it so it is what it is. I do wish I had more money to buy a better platform to start with, honestly.

Youve got a solid platform.... it's just as ugly as a fat bitch in a leotard as it sits because of the jacked up wheel fitment.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, a hatchback done right is a panty dropping sight to see. You need to go ahead and start hunting a good set of OEM side skirts.

http://philscarblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/img_5705.jpg
http://philscarblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/img_5762.jpg?w=550&h=366

FITDrummer13
01-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Youve got a solid platform.... it's just as ugly as a fat bitch in a leotard as it sits because of the jacked up wheel fitment.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, a hatchback done right is a panty dropping sight to see. You need to go ahead and start hunting a good set of OEM side skirts.

Hahaha, there's some reassurance. LOL nicely put! Yeah the wheels are killing me. I was thinking about selling the 6 xxr 527s I have and ordering a set of Square G6 17x9s. I've heard that 17x9 is the one of the most popular sizes to run on 240s. Anyways, they look decent and are about $500 for a set of four so that would be a good start. Then I could get some real tires instead of balloons and fix my ride height.

Sinfix_15
01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Hahaha, there's some reassurance. LOL nicely put! Yeah the wheels are killing me. I was thinking about selling the 6 xxr 527s I have and ordering a set of Square G6 17x9s. I've heard that 17x9 is the one of the most popular sizes to run on 240s. Anyways, they look decent and are about $500 for a set of four so that would be a good start. Then I could get some real tires instead of balloons and fix my ride height.

18s fit fine..... you just cant listen to those faggot drifters and put the wide ones on the front too.

here's my old one with the same wheels you have.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/Virtutis/003.jpg

FITDrummer13
01-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Yeah my 240 had the 17x9.75 on the front and rear when I bought it.

Switched to 17x8.25 to eliminate the need for spacers. Need to be painted though. Fronts are silver, rears are chromium black.

This is a picture of my car the day I brought it home.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8363/8366069963_5cef885828_b.jpg

The fenders were literally sitting on the tires. *facepalm*

Sinfix_15
01-10-2013, 01:48 AM
seems like the tire selection is killing you more than the rim...... whoever told you to get 50s needs to be punched in the dick.

FITDrummer13
01-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Yeah. The rims could work, but the tires sizes are.....god they're just awful. Yes a dick punching is in order. Previous Owner, whut a DEWSH