PDA

View Full Version : Want to get into motorsports? Don't know where to start? Come to the Starting Line!

randallprinc
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Earlier this week the SCCA announced a new program to get people who are completely new to any sort of motorsports up to speed via the SOLO autocross program. By including a helmet of their own, SCCA membership, Grassroots Motorsports subscription, free entry into a local event, free entry into a National event and a day's instruction from an Evolution Performance Driving School Instructor (among other things), we hope to give people the best possible introduction into the sport and give them the tools to start out on the right foot! A handbook with basic and advanced concepts will be given out to all students as well as lunch will be provided. The Atlanta Region SCCA will be hosting our Tire Rack SCCA Starting Line event March 23rd at Turner Field. Heck, even if you're not new to autocross, this is a great deal to get a new helmet and some fantastic instruction.

Side note, we'll be having a local points event on Sunday, March 24th, so if you do get started at this event, you'll be able to practice everything you learned Saturday at a real local competition.

To learn more about the program, click here: autocrossing, motorsports and performance driving - the scca starting line (http://sccastartingline.com/)

To sign up for the Atlanta leg (Saturday, March 23rd at Turner Field), click here: MotorsportReg.com : SCCA - Pro Solo - The Starting Line announces The SCCA Starting Line - Atlanta Saturday, March 23, 2013 info at Turner Field, Atlanta, GA 30315 (0000) (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/00EB0035-C04B-0463-1F931A9389C3B998)

For everyone that goes to The Tire Rack SCCA Starting Line page, please click on the left side where the envelope is and be sure to share it with your friends and family. We really want to make this event a success and we need your help. Be sure to like our Facebook page and subscribe to the newsletter for future updates.

quickdodgeŽ
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
A free event with a new helmet to boot!??!?!?????!!!!!

Hell yeah!!!! Count me in.

EG_Ryder
01-04-2013, 11:49 PM
A free event with a new helmet to boot!??!?!?????!!!!!

Hell yeah!!!! Count me in.

These are the fees on their website:

Entry Fees

SCCA Starting Line (no helmet) $325
SCCA Starting Line (open faced helmet) $395
SCCA Starting Line (close faced helmet) $495

still seems like a great deal though

4spauto
01-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I like this! I've spectated a few autox events @ turner field last year and ams , hopefully I'll have a little extra cash this year to get involved.

randallprinc
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
I like this! I've spectated a few autox events @ turner field last year and ams , hopefully I'll have a little extra cash this year to get involved.

We hope you can make it out!

We're still looking for more participants! It's a great event and sure to teach everyone a thing or two. Plus, you get access to some free events and SCCA discounts. Look forward to seeing some of you out there!