PDA

View Full Version : 98 teg crank pulley

Si_freak
01-04-2013, 09:39 AM
i have 98 teg with the b18b in it. the crank pulley nut keeps backing off ive put the right torque on it and blue loctite. about 3 months later the pulley has come loose again. i was looking around at pulleys and the prices go from super high to super low. do you guys have any suggestions i can look at. i just lost my job due to the company going a different direction so funds are a little limited. thanks for any help guys.

gsrteg
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
if that crank pulley bolt keeps backing out, its probably not tighten correctly or the threads are stripped. Did you make sure you locked the crank? Try putting it in first gear, and have someone step on the brake pedal hard, while you tightening it...But if you already deciding in buying a new crank pulley, then im guessing the crank pulley has been chipped or bent. Try going to a junk yard (PullaParts or UWrenchit); I suggest you call them first.

Si_freak
01-07-2013, 09:13 AM
threads are ok ive locked the crank and torqued it. itll hold for a few months then itll back out again.

Theycall_Metue
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
It's possible that the crank pulley is wrapped causing it to vibrate the bolt lose. Just a thought

Theycall_Metue
01-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Warned*