PDA

View Full Version : H22 BB4 prelude.

StreetHazard
12-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Rebuild thread hopefully coming soon.

VQ35 Star
12-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I really like how you tied in all that red, but for me. just me i think you over did it with the under hood dress up bolts....if you were to get all black dress up bolts and replace the red ones you have I think it would flow a lot better.
But then again it isn't my car and I have no say in what goes into it. But that's just what catches my eye. Overall the car itself looks really REALLY good. I've always liked these body styled Ludes. And I think you made a great choice on wheels and color too.

Sol-Badguy
12-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I remember loving this car a long time ago!

What are your plans for her?

StreetHazard
12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Haw! someone remembers it.

I'm tearing it all down. Pulling the engine, gutting the interior. and repainting it something I can actually realistically maintain.

I painted it a 3-stage gold pearl with black ontop so it looks like an oil slick. It's nice. but now its impossible to touch up. So maybe some OEM paint code somewhere I like.

and I know my own limitations, so I want the H22A completely tore down and rebuilt, preferably naturally aspirated with ITB's. What a really want is a brand new street/track built H22 I can just buy from a respected shop I can just drop in ready to go. And just sell the one I have, or use it for spare parts. I have a goal of about 220+WHP

I have about a $5K budget for the engine, sleeved and built if that's realistic for what I want, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I just want it turn-key, i'll install it myself.

I'm going to gut the interior, and smooth it, maybe a mild roll cage. Right now i'm pretty focused on finding a reputable engine builder, i'm pretty focused on that because everything else kind of hinges around it.

I let my girlfriend drive it awhile a go because her work was only a couple miles away.....long story short. She tore it up a bit. curbed the wheels, tore off the lip, she just never drove a lowered vehicle before. A bit dinged and dented sitting in parking lots and all around a bit neglected. It runs great, but failing emissions because of the RMS replica drag header I have on it has no flex pipe. So the engine twisting back under load made the downpipe separate a bit, causing exhaust leaks. That and I completely blew out the magnaflow hi-flow cat I had in it.

having consistent passing emissions so I can register it every year with no problems is also a very firm goal. I'm considering going back to the factory exhaust just to run the direct fit OEM catalytic converter.

SHAUNvX
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
I like it.

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2012, 01:45 PM
What is there to rebuild?

Genji-Sama
12-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Holy fap, that's a clean lude. I agree w/ vq35 tho, the red bolts was a bit too much. :goodjob: Looking forward to seeing the "rebuild".

StreetHazard
12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I like mah red bolts...fuck y'all lulz.

They added like a gazillion HP. You won't know till you get some.

StreetHazard
12-24-2012, 06:55 PM
No, but seriously. Maybe some of you understand what I'm about to say. But some mods on my car have "sentimental" value.

Like this big, goofy carbon fiber shift knob I have was a birthday gift. It's not really my taste but a good friend got it for me. The bolts were a pretty good birthday gift.

The fog lights a guy on here named drummerboy hooked me up with and a lot of other people helped me wrench it and added to it.

In a lot of ways I almost feel its not "my" car even though I got the title. It's about 10 different people car because of the sweat and blood they put into it.

That's also why I haven't gotten rid of it even though I'm almost an old man in the scene now pushing 35.

C230K
12-24-2012, 10:12 PM
You used to post a lot in the religion section, I remember you

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2012, 08:52 AM
That's also why I haven't gotten rid of it even though I'm almost an old man in the scene now pushing 35.

You've got a few years yet.

And I still don't see the need for a rebuild.

Julio
12-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Car looks fantastic man !

Franco Tirador
12-25-2012, 03:45 PM
havent seen this thing i a while!!!, one of the cleanest preludes i had seen

sprix!
12-26-2012, 06:40 PM
This car reminds me why I still have a soft spot for 4th gen Preludes. It is clean and exceptional. Very tastefully done.