PDA

View Full Version : RE POST-New to thread, My 94 Civic

ZombieNation
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Snapped a few pics before work yest. New hood(No Pins) Got tired of the green wheels so i went back white, New Front bumper(Need to get overspray off of the grille and having trouble with alignment and gettin my lights mounted straight-Not pictured),No Sideskirts or "Kit",Stickers have been trashed,Front lip. Car Still needs to be painted but thats coming in january..

Nerdsrock22
12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
This is what you should have posted the first time.

Much, much better.

ZombieNation
12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks,Criticism goes a long way, Pretty much changed the whole look of the car,Still needs some work though.

l Gizzy l
12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Looks great, bud.

Tint those windows and you'll be rockin

Bacon
12-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Doesn't need tint. Fix the paint on the front bumper and have fogs put in. Looks much, much better.

l Gizzy l
12-20-2012, 02:41 PM
i just get tint for the actual reason of not having the sun blare down on me with the power of a million floodlights ha

dc2killa
12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
There you go! Now rocks some fog lights!

jdmitr
12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
i like it...... i do miss the green wheels though

quickdodge®
12-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Way to conform to what everyone else wants your car to look like. Now your car will blend in with all 6,352,345.67 other Civics on the road, dude.

boostedb16
12-20-2012, 08:46 PM
i liked the green wheels better. car looks good now but the green looked pretty good.

ZombieNation
12-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks,I'm def. going to re spray the wheels green in the next few days,I feel it'll set it off a little and maybe thinking a small spoiler,any ideas?

quickdodge®
12-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Way to conform to what everyone else wants your car to look like. Now your car will blend in with all 6,352,345.67 other Civics on the road, dude.

Thanks,I'm def. going to re spray the wheels green in the next few days,I feel it'll set it off a little and maybe thinking a small spoiler,any ideas?

Let me ask you something. What do YOU want this car to look like? As I commented earlier, and quoted, why are you asking everyone else what you should do it?

l Gizzy l
12-21-2012, 08:24 AM
he's just asking for a general consensus from the honda guys whether it will look good or not. A lot of times ideas look much better in your head than they do in a real world application.

D3UC3S
12-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Sylvania...i worked there once. You are out in the boonies.

Paint it whatever color you want b/c no ones gonna see it out there anyways. lol

But for real, do what you want and just accept the criticism/flamers/compliments and go on about your day. With that said, the lip is terrible but otherwise nice simple car.

quickdodge®
12-21-2012, 10:10 PM
he's just asking for a general consensus from the honda guys whether it will look good or not.

I'm not an idiot, dude.

A lot of times ideas look much better in your head than they do in a real world application.

That has nothing to do with anything. It definitely has nothing to do in this particular scenario.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 06:18 AM
lolol no one said you were an idiot, dude. No need to be so defensive.

Sure it does, its easier to ask if something will look good to the veterans of the game that have seen just about everything, rather than just buy a part and slap it on to find out it looks like ass.

quickdodge®
12-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Sure it does, its easier to ask if something will look good to the veterans of the game that have seen just about everything, rather than just buy a part and slap it on to find out it looks like ass.

It doesn't at all. All that does is play into the "i want my car to look good in the eyes of everyone else, to hell with what I want" game. "Veterans" of the game still aren't going to have the same opinions on what looks good. Now if he were spending these "veterans" monies, then I would agree with you. He shouldn't care about what other people think and do him.

But this is what society in this hobby has turned people to do. Between the"critics" being excessively harsh, crude and uncaring about another and the car owner wanting to fit in, you've got a society of sheep.

Just as in this scenario. His other thread had his car looking one way and he got reamed for it. He posts this thread and his car looks exactly like what everyone else said it should look like. I'll be honest, I don't like the car either way, but at least before, he did his thing.

CSquared
12-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Looks much cleaner than before. Props. Usually I don't like the neon green deal but I'd probably paint them again to maintain at least a little bit of the original look.

boostedb16
12-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks,I'm def. going to re spray the wheels green in the next few days,I feel it'll set it off a little and maybe thinking a small spoiler,any ideas?wingless always looks better.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 07:45 AM
It doesn't at all. All that does is play into the "i want my car to look good in the eyes of everyone else, to hell with what I want" game. "Veterans" of the game still aren't going to have the same opinions on what looks good. Now if he were spending these "veterans" monies, then I would agree with you. He shouldn't care about what other people think and do him.

But this is what society in this hobby has turned people to do. Between the"critics" being excessively harsh, crude and uncaring about another and the car owner wanting to fit in, you've got a society of sheep.

Just as in this scenario. His other thread had his car looking one way and he got reamed for it. He posts this thread and his car looks exactly like what everyone else said it should look like. I'll be honest, I don't like the car either way, but at least before, he did his thing.

you're missing the point completely.

quickdodge®
12-22-2012, 07:50 AM
you're missing the point completely.

If I am, please elaborate. I honestly welcome you to show me what I'm missing. I really think, though, that I'm not.

boostedb16
12-22-2012, 07:51 AM

Just as in this scenario. His other thread had his car looking one way and he got reamed for it. He posts this thread and his car looks exactly like what everyone else said it should look like. I'll be honest, I don't like the car either way, but at least before, he did his thing.i agree with this. i am a fan of body kits that look good and kinda go along with the lines of a car and when they fit right and painted to match. i think a car with the right kit looks better than a "OEM/JDM" lowered car. i think when people started riding around with a kit unpainted forever ruined everyones thoughts on a body kit. look at my sig. i bought a real C-WEST front bumper because it went with the lines of the car.

SHAUNvX
12-22-2012, 07:54 AM
QD is speaking the truth, Up in here.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 07:57 AM
If I am, please elaborate. I honestly welcome you to show me what I'm missing. I really think, though, that I'm not.

We never told him to change anything, nor were we holding a gun to his head. He "changed" the car because he chose to. If he so willingly changed it to please a bunch of people online, he wasnt that attached to it anyway.

People are sheep by choice, dude. Not by force.

The veterans know what looks better generally/what functions better vs what doesnt. When I just got my Z and I showed up with a bunch of ebay parts painted different colors, I would have gotten fucked up. I have 2 choices, either I can keep the car I created, or I can use better/more pleasing to the eye parts. I've got knock off wheels on my Z that I get shit for all the time, but I dont care, cuz its my car. He should use the criticism for potential guidance rather than strict rules.

TL: DR : If you're so easy to change something, you werent that attached to it to begin with.

quickdodge®
12-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I hate doing this, but I need to break this down.......

We never told him to change anything, nor were we holding a gun to his head. He "changed" the car because he chose to. If he so willingly changed it to please a bunch of people online, he wasnt that attached to it anyway.

I think you're reading too much into this. Where did you pull the "gun to the head" bit from? No one said anything about using force, man. Kind of odd how he posted pics of his car a few days earlier, got so much shit for it and then a few days later posts pics of pretty much what everyone else said his car should or should not have. I'm pretty sure no one was at his house forcing him to do this. I reread that thread just to make sure no one threatened him, also. And this "he wasn't attached to it anyway" line? Lolol. Like I said, eerie how he changed the car just days after being berated for it.

Lolol. Again the force thing?

The veterans know what looks better generally/what functions better vs what doesnt. When I just got my Z and I showed up with a bunch of ebay parts painted different colors, I would have gotten fucked up. I have 2 choices, either I can keep the car I created, or I can use better/more pleasing to the eye parts. I've got knock off wheels on my Z that I get shit for all the time, but I dont care, cuz its my car. He should use the criticism for potential guidance rather than strict rules.

The veterans might know what functions better, I give you that. But to say they know what looks better is laughable as looks are completely, 100% opinionated. As far as looks go, a veteran is no more of a play caller than a "rookie." You yourself just outlined your own experience of being a sheep. You could have kept the car that you created or change it up. You said it yourself. You could show up and get fucked up or, miraculously, you could make it more eye-appealing. All of a sudden, at the risk of getting "fucked up," you needed to make your car more "pleasing to the eye" instead of leaving it the way created it. Then you contradict yourself by keeping knock off wheels (that you get shit for) because you don't care because it's your car. You see where I am, my friend?

If you're so easy to change something, you werent that attached to it to begin with.

This line makes sense about half the time. In this scenario, it makes none. Like I said, it's all about fitting in to where you're not getting textually molested by your online brethren.

boostedb16
12-22-2012, 08:14 AM

TL: DR : If you're so easy to change something, you werent that attached to it to begin with.same here on the wheels. i have never been a brand whore when it came to wheels because of so many company's making knock off's. the only thing i did when it came to name brand stuff was when i would buy a front bumper,lip or full body kit. i would go to the source like wings west,c-west, buddy club because when you buy those things from the company, they always fit better with hardly any modifications.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I hate doing this, but I need to break this down.......

likewise

I think you're reading too much into this. Where did you pull the "gun to the head" bit from? No one said anything about using force, man. Kind of odd how he posted pics of his car a few days earlier, got so much shit for it and then a few days later posts pics of pretty much what everyone else said his car should or should not have. I'm pretty sure no one was at his house forcing him to do this. I reread that thread just to make sure no one threatened him, also. And this "he wasn't attached to it anyway" line? Lolol. Like I said, eerie how he changed the car just days after being berated for it.

ex·ag·ger·ate (g-zj-rt)
v. ex·ag·ger·at·ed, ex·ag·ger·at·ing, ex·ag·ger·ates
v.tr.
1. To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.
2. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree: thick lenses that exaggerated the size of her eyes.
v.intr.
To make overstatements.

No one literally put a gun to his head, man. Its called exaggeration.

Lolol. Again the force thing?

Yet again we take a trip to the Dictionary:

force (fôrs, frs)
n.
1. The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
a. Power made operative against resistance; exertion: use force in driving a nail.
b. The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.
a. Intellectual power or vigor, especially as conveyed in writing or speech.
b. Moral strength.
c. A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior; efficacy: the force of logical argumentation.d. One that possesses such capacity: the forces of evil.

The veterans might know what functions better, I give you that. But to say they know what looks better is laughable as looks are completely, 100% opinionated. As far as looks go, a veteran is no more of a play caller than a "rookie." You yourself just outlined your own experience of being a sheep. You could have kept the car that you created or change it up. You said it yourself. You could show up and get fucked up or, miraculously, you could make it more eye-appealing. All of a sudden, at the risk of getting "fucked up," you needed to make your car more "pleasing to the eye" instead of leaving it the way created it. Then you contradict yourself by keeping knock off wheels (that you get shit for) because you don't care because it's your car. You see where I am, my friend?

There's a difference between looks and performance, bud. There's also a difference between things looking good because they are genuine parts, flow with the car, etc. But even when GOOD parts are misaligned, not maintained, etc, they are made to look bad. So you can imagine what happens when cheaper parts arent correctly applied.

This line makes sense about half the time. In this scenario, it makes none. Like I said, it's all about fitting in to where you're not getting textually molested by your online brethren.

Different lines of thinking, I believe. You said it yourself, you find it funny that he posted his car COMPLETELY transformed inside of 2-3 days, so unless he sits at home with all day every day free, this isnt the correct scenario, and either he was trolling then, is trolling now, or still is. Not hard to figure out, man. But its none of my business what he does with his vehicle. People get too caught up in what OTHERS are doing. Who cares, man?

He should have left his car the way it was. If people arent "hating", you're not doing it right.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 08:24 AM
same here on the wheels. i have never been a brand whore when it came to wheels because of so many company's making knock off's. the only thing i did when it came to name brand stuff was when i would buy a front bumper,lip or full body kit. i would go to the source like wings west,c-west, buddy club because when you buy those things from the company, they always fit better with hardly any modifications.

Not to mention if something happens I would rather be replacing a $150 XXR than a $1000 volk xD

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 08:25 AM
And thank you, QD for having the intellect to have an adult debate, rather than just immature banter like the rest of the arguments seem to be nowadays.

boostedb16
12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Not to mention if something happens I would rather be replacing a $150 XXR than a $1000 volk xDhit the nail on the head with that one hahaha.

quickdodge®
12-22-2012, 08:36 AM
likewise

ex·ag·ger·ate (g-zj-rt)
v. ex·ag·ger·at·ed, ex·ag·ger·at·ing, ex·ag·ger·ates
v.tr.
1. To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode.
2. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree: thick lenses that exaggerated the size of her eyes.
v.intr.
To make overstatements.

No one literally put a gun to his head, man. Its called exaggeration.

Yet again we take a trip to the Dictionary:

force (fôrs, frs)
n.
1. The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
a. Power made operative against resistance; exertion: use force in driving a nail.
b. The use of physical power or violence to compel or restrain: a confession obtained by force.
a. Intellectual power or vigor, especially as conveyed in writing or speech.
b. Moral strength.
c. A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior; efficacy: the force of logical argumentation.d. One that possesses such capacity: the forces of evil.

As has been previously declared, I'm no idiot. I don't recall having insulted you and I'm not thoroughly pleased that you feel the need to try it on me.

There's a difference between looks and performance, bud. There's also a difference between things looking good because they are genuine parts, flow with the car, etc. But even when GOOD parts are misaligned, not maintained, etc, they are made to look bad. So you can imagine what happens when cheaper parts arent correctly applied.

Again you come at me with the misconception that I'm stupid or something. You brought performance into this, not I. I, round-about stated that looks and performance were different. You're still understanding that looks are in the eyes of the beholder. What may not flow well to you or me, may flow perfectly for whoever has it. Genuine parts or not.

Different lines of thinking, I believe. You said it yourself, you find it funny that he posted his car COMPLETELY transformed inside of 2-3 days, so unless he sits at home with all day every day free, this isnt the correct scenario, and either he was trolling then, is trolling now, or still is. Not hard to figure out, man. But its none of my business what he does with his vehicle.

It's exactly the correct scenario. He get torn apart for the way his car looked, so he changed it. How do you not see that?

People get too caught up in what OTHERS are doing. Who cares, man?

You're exactly right.

And thank you, QD for having the intellect to have an adult debate, rather than just immature banter like the rest of the arguments seem to be nowadays.

Well, aside from your attempts at insulting me, I appreciate a good discussion at any time. And the feeling is reciprocated as it allows for a pleasant experience instead of just name calling and baseless comments.

Even when I am right, lolol.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
i'm not insulting anyone xD

Besides, Han solo didnt have the force.....and I see that he changed his car, but he changed it based off of what people said ONLINE in a forum, people he's never met, never spoken to in person, etc. He doesnt know hardly any of us aside from our screen names. I could give a rats ass what a bunch of people i've never met say about my car. I wouldnt change it, ever.

Good deal. Debate dried up....ha

CSquared
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I get QD's point to an extent about being sheep. I am often annoyed by people who critique the hell out of a car based upon their own personal taste or a stereotypical style genre. Hella flush for example, to me looks like those cars rolled off the same crappy generic assembly line that doesn't know how to property size wheels and tires... or how to do alignments for that matter. You go to a meet and see the same car 20 times, and usually parked in a row.

However... Prior to the most recent round of changes, this car fell dead center in another sheep category... Stereotypical late 90's ricer. So if he moved from that category of sheep to another, I think he made a pretty good decision in this case. In the end, it's his car. Even if his decision is influenced by our comments, it's still his decision.

quickdodge®
12-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Besides, Han solo didnt have the force.....and I see that he changed his car, but he changed it based off of what people said ONLINE in a forum, people he's never met, never spoken to in person, etc. He doesnt know hardly any of us aside from our screen names. I could give a rats ass what a bunch of people i've never met say about my car. I wouldnt change it, ever.

The Han Solo reference was in that neither you nor Han believed in the force being a catalyst in your respective takes, lolol. Online forums with people he's never met is worse than letting people you know tell you how to do your car.

And I agree that this is washing up, lolol.

Even if his decision is influenced by our comments, it's still his decision.

Like stated above, this debate is drying up.

l Gizzy l
12-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Online forums with people he's never met is worse than letting people you know tell you how to do your car.

exactly! Done deal.

Genji-Sama
12-22-2012, 10:51 AM
....waiting for OP to chime in. I personally like the car better this way, but I'm curious as to what OP likes better :goodjob:

ZombieNation
12-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Haha, Well as for this big debate or whatever,Idk? I didnt change my car becuse of peoples comments, As i said in my first post my bumpers been on for a while now and i changed my wheel color becuse of the paint chipping from getting new tires put on. As for being a "sheep" Idk About that eighther, I cannot name one person within a 30 mile radius of where i live that is serious about imports or Customizing theyre honda,Acura,Nissan, or any other car. Maybe im outta limbo or something but big ass trucks and jacked up cars seemed to be the trend here. But anyway my car has changed several times since i owned it,I did the b18 swap when i purchased the car and its been a canvas since then,The kid who started it had no idea what he was doing and i've been fixing his mistakes since ive owned it. I did post to get some imput on where to go with my car 1.Becuse i don't know much about imports but im learning quickly,2.I don't want my car looking like a riced up beater so i reposted to show what has been changed, Obviously i don't want to be "original" or care about my car becuse i did this..Thanks for the comments/Positive/Negative and I will be posting more pics soon..