PDA

View Full Version : FeatureSpeed Project

FeatureSpeed
12-18-2012, 08:51 PM
What's up IA,

We are Tony Bridgens and Jay Barnick with FeatureSpeed, an Atlanta based project who is on a mission to deliver one product: Simple, honest reviews on cars, parts, and the motorsports culture through video and one-on-one interviews with: featured vehicle drivers, performance part companies, brand representatives, and local, independent performance and customization shop owners.

Have you ever flipped through an issue of a motorsports magazine, saw the featured vehicles, and wished that was your car in the article? Well we here at FeatureSpeed say SCREW THAT! Sure, a picture's worth a thousand words, but a video's worth a million! Get your car featured in high def. live action!

FeatureSpeed is in search of ATL's finest completed projects in imports, old school muscle, euros, etc., to allow us to give unbiased and raw opinions on how the car performs, in depth interviews with the driver on the build, and to give product reviews on performance parts. FeatureSpeed does all of these things while featuring your whip on screen, doing what it does best.

So if you're interested in what FeatureSpeed has to offer, drop a line on here, or like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FeatureSpeed). But, in the meantime:

Happy Tuning,
The Team at FeatureSpeed

FeatureSpeed
12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Bump! Good Morning ImportAtlanta!

DynamicSound
12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome!

FeatureSpeed
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks DynamicSound!

I wondered if anyone was ever going to speak up. A lot of views, and apparently a lot of shy folks, too. It's kinda disappointing. We're trying to get a new project off the ground, and I felt that ImportAtlanta would be the best crowd to market to, but no one seems to be biting. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong. But, in the meantime, the team and I will still be here, browsing around in the forums.

David88vert
12-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Thanks DynamicSound!

I wondered if anyone was ever going to speak up. A lot of views, and apparently a lot of shy folks, too. It's kinda disappointing. We're trying to get a new project off the ground, and I felt that ImportAtlanta would be the best crowd to market to, but no one seems to be biting. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong. But, in the meantime, the team and I will still be here, browsing around in the forums.

Its not that people are shy. No one knows who you are, and you haven't produced any work output before, where people can view the quality of your production.
Additionally, you have nothing listed about the size of your current subscribers. If you have only a small audience, it is very difficult to attract quality vehicles, as most owners are aware that large publications are always looking for new content as well.

My suggestion is that you start by covering some open events, like C&O, track days, etc.,and get a couple of your friends to let you film their rides first. Also, team up with groups that promote events, like Speed and Mischief, to have access to developing new content consistently. Having consistency in producing new content will get your your audience, which will allow you to get others to offer their vehicles to your publication.

Welcome to IA.

Raymond
12-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Welcome to IA!!!

Happy Holiday!

FeatureSpeed
12-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Its not that people are shy. No one knows who you are, and you haven't produced any work output before, where people can view the quality of your production.
Additionally, you have nothing listed about the size of your current subscribers. If you have only a small audience, it is very difficult to attract quality vehicles, as most owners are aware that large publications are always looking for new content as well.

My suggestion is that you start by covering some open events, like C&O, track days, etc.,and get a couple of your friends to let you film their rides first. Also, team up with groups that promote events, like Speed and Mischief, to have access to developing new content consistently. Having consistency in producing new content will get your your audience, which will allow you to get others to offer their vehicles to your publication.

Welcome to IA.

I appreciate the advice David88vert!

Like I said, we just got this project off the ground literally last week. I completely understand everyone's hesitation in letting us cover their ride, because we're new at this, and we don't really have anything to show for what we're working towards. I can honestly say that I would also be a bit sketched out about the idea of some stranger doing a review on my ride, but I can assure you that the Team at FeatureSpeed isn't just a bunch of punks who want to kick tires and drive the wheels off someone's car. The Team has a combined work experience of over 50 years in the motorsports industry. All of our team members have held some sort of position in the motorsports industry, whether it's working in a service shop or working in a performance shop. Having a background in the automotive and motorsports industry is a REQUIREMENT to be a team member at FeatureSpeed, and that doesn't mean we take in people who have turned wrenches in an oil change shop for a few months. We need people who are well-versed and knowledgeable in the industry.

So, with that being said, we greatly appreciate the interest that everyone has been showing us over the last few days, and I hope that we can become a common name, not only here, but also in the whole of motorsports. But we can't do that without your help. All we need is just ONE person to give us the benefit of the doubt, and we promise, you will not be disappointed with the end result. We're not asking people to bring us their $250,000 track monster to drive and review. All we want is a tastefully modded ride to review, which will benefit the owner in the end.

Like I said in the first post, we will bring a "Featured Car" that you find in a magazine, to life by using video and audio, instead of plain-jane pictures and short articles. Everything that we cover: the drive, the review, and the driver interview, will be filmed and produced into a feature-length Youtube video, with your name branded on it. I can't think of any better marketing than a video placed in the hands of millions and millions of viewers.

Once again, I appreciate the interest that everyone is showing us, and again, I can't wait to get to know everyone and hopefully get to check out some of your sick rides.

Happy Holidays!
-The FeatureSpeed Team

green91
12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
I second David's advice, get out to some shows and let your pictures speak for themselves. If people like the quality of your work they will speak up and the ball will start rolling.

Also keep in mind this is a busy time for most people, they are still doing family stuff and not spending as much time online during the holidays. You'll see the activity pick up pretty quickly.

FeatureSpeed
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I second David's advice, get out to some shows and let your pictures speak for themselves. If people like the quality of your work they will speak up and the ball will start rolling.

Also keep in mind this is a busy time for most people, they are still doing family stuff and not spending as much time online during the holidays. You'll see the activity pick up pretty quickly.

True that, green91. Didn't consider that. Christmas isn't typically a busy time of year for me, so I guess I kinda overlooked that fact. My apologies. The FeatureSpeed will be at the Varsity meet Thursday, and the Junction Meet on Saturday. We plan on getting TONS of photos, interviews, and footage. Can't wait to see the turnout on Thursday and Saturday. I know it's gonna be cold, but I'm anxious to see who all will be there. If anyone wants to link up Thursday or Saturday, drop us a line on here or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FeatureSpeed) , and like us while you're at it ;). We need some local support!