PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Meet Pics

grasshopper
12-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Some pics i took at the Thursday Night Meet in Duluth. Check me out on Facebook at Vindicated Photography, Duluth GA.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/goldsi_zps4410613b.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/silverrsx_zps8f341258.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/redss_zps7d5fbf97.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/blackmiata_zps1fb19d0b.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/redteg_zps885e9b27.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/S13whitehatch/bluehatch_zpsefb1e2b8.jpg

Bacon
12-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I quickly lost interest after seeing the first three pictures being stock vehicles I could have Googled as well as seeing your "watermark" being way too big. I won't mention the pictures being kinda big too.

jamaul08
12-14-2012, 09:49 AM
I quickly lost interest after seeing the first three pictures being stock vehicles I could have Googled as well as seeing your "watermark" being way too big. I won't mention the pictures being kinda big too.

He's trying ;)

Bacon
12-14-2012, 09:50 AM
He's trying ;)

Too hard.

VQ35 Star
12-14-2012, 10:43 AM
wtf is the point of water marks on shitty quality pictures?!?!

SHHHH
12-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Gotta start somewhere but I'd suggest heading down to the photography thread, asking questions and reading some how-to's. :goodjob:

Nerdsrock22
12-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Dude, come on.

SHAUNvX
12-14-2012, 02:22 PM
LOLOLOL

quickdodgeŽ
12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
OP, your efforts are appreciated and I'm not saying you need to go out and improve your skills and I'm not saying not to watermark your pictures, but I am going to comment on the size of your watermark. It's way too big, man. Professional photographers don't even have watermarks half that size. It's a huge distracting part of your pictures. Personally, at this level, I wouldn't even bother with one.

But most of all, don't be discouraged, dude. Just keep doing your hobby and have fun with it.

Julio
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
i just wasted 5 seconds.

Gashbell4595
12-14-2012, 08:26 PM
i just wasted 5 seconds.

Pretty sure everyone did....

VQ35 Star
12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
aw shit dudes in duluth too, ima get killed

eraser4g63
12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Drop the watermark and shitty pics and you'll be good.

jdmitr
12-14-2012, 10:01 PM
keep it up man.... not everyone starts off as a pro.... take these comments and just better yourself.... you can only improve....

ssonsk
12-15-2012, 06:50 AM
sometimes you gotta knock em down to see if they get back up

grasshopper
12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Damn, why you guys gotta hate?!?!?! These pictures are better than most amatuer photos i have seen out there!!

quickdodgeŽ
12-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Damn, why you guys gotta hate?!?!?! These pictures are better than most amatuer photos i have seen out there!!

First off, no one is "hating" (and misusing the word hate is grossly out of line). Secondly, your photos are exactly like amateur's photos. They are only better than early cell phone cameras. Personally I don't care about "crystal clear" pictures, myself. My main two critiques are that the pics are too dark and the unnecessarily (and unnecessary) large watermarks.

Take what you want from it, man.

Nerdsrock22
12-15-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm no expert, but here are some tips to improve on your photography.

1. If you are shooting at night, you need to use a tripod. It looks like you might be, but there is still some motion blur. You can avoid this by using the timer on your camera to steady your shutter.
2. The white balance on your photos is completely off. See how everything looks yellow cast? Find some grey or white to use in the images so that you can correct it when editing. It looks like you are using a flash in some of the pictures. Is this off-camera? Unless you can light the whole car with the flash, just avoid it. You will never be able to get the white balance correct.
3. You've either overboosted the contrast, or oversaturated the images to the point where you have lost a lot of detail. This is especially obvious with the red cars.
4. Whatever editing software you are using as destroyed the file integrity of the pictures. Every single one of the images has horrific JPEG artifacts. What is your current work flow? Maintaining file integrity is the least you can do if you want to be taken seriously.
5. Both the composition and depth of field in the images is boring and amateurish. I suspect you are using a point and shoot, so you might not be able to get much DOF, but you can certainly improve on composition. Give us the whole car or either get tight on the details. No one wants to see a Camaro with the back wheel cut off.
6. Just stop with the watermark. That font is moronic and the size is egregious. If you want to put your initials in the corner thats fine, but worrying about people stealing your images is the last thing I'd concern my self with at this point.

Keep working and stay busy.

stevo_EF91
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
tripod, slow shutter speed, use auto white balance, no flash, shoot in RAW... change one thing at a time to see your picture quality greatly increase

yerrow
12-15-2012, 10:37 PM
what were you vindicated of?

Western.
12-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm no expert, but here are some tips to improve on your photography.

1. If you are shooting at night, you need to use a tripod. It looks like you might be, but there is still some motion blur. You can avoid this by using the timer on your camera to steady your shutter.
2. The white balance on your photos is completely off. See how everything looks yellow cast? Find some grey or white to use in the images so that you can correct it when editing. It looks like you are using a flash in some of the pictures. Is this off-camera? Unless you can light the whole car with the flash, just avoid it. You will never be able to get the white balance correct.
3. You've either overboosted the contrast, or oversaturated the images to the point where you have lost a lot of detail. This is especially obvious with the red cars.
4. Whatever editing software you are using as destroyed the file integrity of the pictures. Every single one of the images has horrific JPEG artifacts. What is your current work flow? Maintaining file integrity is the least you can do if you want to be taken seriously.
5. Both the composition and depth of field in the images is boring and amateurish. I suspect you are using a point and shoot, so you might not be able to get much DOF, but you can certainly improve on composition. Give us the whole car or either get tight on the details. No one wants to see a Camaro with the back wheel cut off.
6. Just stop with the watermark. That font is moronic and the size is egregious. If you want to put your initials in the corner thats fine, but worrying about people stealing your images is the last thing I'd concern my self with at this point.

Keep working and stay busy.

Now there's some useful advice if I ever saw it. +Reps.

grasshopper
12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the advice, instead of putting my pics down!! Also Vindicated means to prove wrong.

David88vert
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Find me at any car event. I'll help you improve your shooting, and your workflow. I'm not a pro, but I have a method to covering automotive events and getting consistent results.
If it doesn't rain, I'll be at the old school meet today.

quickdodgeŽ
12-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the advice, instead of putting my pics down!! Also Vindicated means to prove wrong.

I don't recall putting your pics down in a disrespectful way. But their your eyes, not mine and you'll see what you want to see.

And a side note, you haven't proved anything, sir.

David88vert
12-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Also Vindicated means to prove wrong.

"I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)

vindicated - past participle, past tense of vinˇdiˇcate (Verb)
1.Clear (someone) of blame or suspicion.
2.Show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified.

SHAUNvX
12-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Just keep taking pictures, And you will get better. I have a Sony point and shoot camera and i can take better pics.

djyuck
12-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Cars are bad
Pictures are worse
Understanding of your own name is worst.

Self-ownage always yields lollls.

yerrow
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
i know the definition, i'm asking what were you vindicated of?

and what does that have to do with photography?

do you feel vindicated?

fatty
12-16-2012, 03:37 PM
take an actual class in photography at a tech school. most of the people here trying to give you advice don't know jack shit, so you should prob not waste your time

Julio
12-16-2012, 03:49 PM
take an actual class in photography at a tech school. most of the people here trying to give you advice don't know jack shit, so you should prob not waste your time

Even if no one knew shit, pictures still look like shit..lol

Western.
12-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Y'all are ridiculous. I think the point has been made, re-made, made again, and then emphasized. It's not even beating a dead horse now..... It's shooting the thing with a freaking machine gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle
12-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Vindicated of all the conventions of modern photography.

Bacon
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Y'all are ridiculous. I think the point has been made, re-made, made again, and then emphasized. It's not even beating a dead horse now..... It's shooting the thing with a freaking machine gun.

I don't like horses.

OP, if you took these photos and downsized your watermark to a corner of the picture it would be better. Its just too big right now.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Western.
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Obviously.

SHAUNvX
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
If you dont tell somebody what they did wrong, how will they ever be able to correct it, and get better at it?

Bacon
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Obviously.

Andsrslybrah

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Western.
12-16-2012, 07:07 PM
If you dont tell somebody what they did wrong, how will they ever be able to correct it, and get better at it?

That's correct. However, it doesn't take saying it that many times to get the point across. The dudes either going to take it the tip or not, and that's usually established in the first few posts.

VQ35 Star
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Has he blown his brains out yet?

Nerdsrock22
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Has he blown his brains out yet?

Hopefully he's taken the tips he's received and tried to improve or decided this craft wasn't for him.

It's one thing to post pictures of a meet you attended. That's fine. But when you add a watermark and present your pictures as products, you invite criticism. The world doesn't need another sucky automotive photographer.

VQ35 Star
12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
i still want some amateur photographer brain matter bagged.

K20Z1
12-17-2012, 12:50 PM
he used an canon 60d, i thought it would've came out alot better... lol

the place has 0 lights though

Nerdsrock22
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
he used an canon 60d, i thought it would've came out alot better... lol

the place has 0 lights though

What camera you use means nothing if you don't know how to use it.

I could go purchase a paint booth with the nicest equipment, and if I tried to paint my car, it would still look like ass.

Western.
12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
What camera you use means nothing if you don't know how to use it.

Amen to that.... It applies to just about everything. Just because you have an STi doesn't mean you know how to throw a car around turns... Just because you have a a Lamborghini doesn't mean you know how to drive fast.... Etc

Bacon
12-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Amen to that.... It applies to just about everything. Just because you have an STi doesn't mean you know how to throw a car around turns... Just because you have a a Honda doesn't mean you know how to drive fast.... Etc

Had to fix that for you. After all, we are on Import Atlanta.....

SHAUNvX
12-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I thought having Vtech made you fast :ninja:....I could be wrong though.:dunno:

VQ35 Star
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
torque TORQUE!

e.mury
12-18-2012, 09:57 PM
The pictures aren't good but surprisingly Ive seen worse, its a start.

First off, no one is "hating" (and misusing the word hate is grossly out of line). Secondly, your photos are exactly like amateur's photos. They are only better than early cell phone cameras. Personally I don't care about "crystal clear" pictures, myself. My main two critiques are that the pics are too dark and the unnecessarily (and unnecessary) large watermarks.

Take what you want from it, man.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxspsMThJ1qixtico1_400.gif lol, EDIT: just noticed you used a 60d...

Western.
12-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Had to fix that for you. After all, we are on Import Atlanta.....

Lol You right sir. :goodjob:

D3UC3S
12-31-2012, 02:46 PM
I thought having Vtech made you fast :ninja:....I could be wrong though.:dunno:

VTEC makes you go fast lol

VTECH helps you make phone calls