PDA

View Full Version : Difference? Springs and coilovers

Ta3hk1m
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between coilovers and springs. How low can they go and what more I need to have to install them. Like any other parts needed to install them. And do both need alignment after install?

Potter
12-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Springs will give you a set ride height, where as coilover sleeves allow you to adjust the height. Full body coilovers such as D2, Function and Form, etc...can also allow you to adjust the stiffness of the shocks. To install springs, you must take apart the struts. Full body coilovers bolt right up, all you have to do is remove the OEM suspension. Alignment should be done after lowering your car, but wait some time for the springs to settle if they are new. Do a quick search on google for a detailed description, its not very difficult.

Ta3hk1m
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Springs will give you a set ride height, where as coilover sleeves allow you to adjust the height. Full body coilovers such as D2, Function and Form, etc...can also allow you to adjust the stiffness of the shocks. To install springs, you must take apart the struts. Full body coilovers bolt right up, all you have to do is remove the OEM suspension. Alignment should be done after lowering your car, but wait some time for the springs to settle if they are new. Do a quick search on google for a detailed description, its not very difficult.

Thanks u that's perfect
Do u know where I can buy parts? Any locally?

Potter
12-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Try craigslist, or if youre on facebook, there is a "Buy Sell Trade Automotive" Page, there are 5000+ people constantly selling parts on there, mostly honda parts.

Ta3hk1m
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Try craigslist, or if youre on facebook, there is a "Buy Sell Trade Automotive" Page, there are 5000+ people constantly selling parts on there, mostly honda parts.

Thank you

Potter
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
No problem