PDA

View Full Version : 2005 g35 engine swap problems

dvpjdm
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions i have about a engine swap Im doing in a 05 g35, the problem Im having right now is that after the swap was finished i started the car to find out that it wont rev past 2500 rpms and it throws up a check engine code, i have read up a little bit about the whole throttle position sequences you have to do with the pedal and key for the car to relearn everything but when i try the sequences i have seen online they don't solve the problem. wondering if anyone would know why the car would go into limp mode after a motor swap because the check engine light is not on anymore but car is still not going past 2500 rpms.

LeGaspardVQ
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
If everything else checks out ok (no intake leaks, unpluggged connectors, loose wiring, etc), You may have a MAF issue... On some of the Maximas, the MAF would act up and not even throw a code. Try to find a known-good one and try it out. If you have to buy one, the OEM units last way longer than the aftermarket ones, that's why they're priced a higher too.

l Gizzy l
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
2500 RPMS issue is because the car is in limp mode. You've turned the car off and back on, correct?

RL...
11-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Might want to give z1 a call.....

dvpjdm
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
got it all figured out, it was a MAF issue. my dumbass had it in backwards. I'll be posting pics of the full build, i have basically a full 6 speed swap for this car everything but the motor for sale pm me for parts.