PDA

View Full Version : Same race profiling?

S4saken
11-21-2012, 02:47 PM
So I was out with my wife and kids yesterday getting something out to eat, it was about 6:30pm. We were stopped at a light next to a gas station and a black guy went to cross the street in front of us. I didn't think anything of it but my wife stopped mid sentence, locked the doors and continued the convo where she left off.

I said "nah hell no, you know I'm not letting you off that easy. I know you didn't just lock the doors on that black guy". She shrugged and said "he looked crazy" I laughed the entire way home after that.

Im Hispanic an she is Black and we weren't anywhere near a rough part of town. I guess you never know, it was just funny to me.

Anyone else been a witness, or even the victim of same race profiling?

Sammich
11-21-2012, 03:15 PM
if i'm in a rough neighborhood or somebody looks crazy i'm locking the door..i dont think that's race profiling, PERSAY..although unfortunately we catch that regardless if we act crazy or not.

Catnip
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Your wife locks the doors when a pedestrian is close to your car with your kids in it, and the only thing you can think of is that she's racial profiling?

So, what if he decided to run up to the car and drag one of your kids out because he's high on something? Your child could be fucked up before you or your wife can get remotely close to doing anything.

S4saken
11-21-2012, 05:57 PM
1.We where in a mini van, doors open automatically in the back, it's hard to open the back doors manually. It can be done but I would have more then enough time to react.
2. Both of my kids are properly strapped to car seats, again more then enough time to react.
3. Like I said before we WERE NOT in a rough part of town, I understand shit happens everywhere but I was not in a heightened state of alert.
4. They guy looked like a regular black guy, to me he didn't look "crazy", she has cousins and uncles who look rougher then this guy.

I'm always alert of my surroundings when out and about with my kids but I didn't see this guy as a threat... at all.
So the answer to your question "only thing you can think of is racial profiling?" Yes, that is all I think it was cause she damn sure wouldn't have locked the doors if a white guy with a suit would have tried to cross the street.

Catnip
11-21-2012, 06:30 PM
How was said black guy dressed? Did he in fact look crazy or creepy, regardless of his color?

Echonova
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I always lock my car doors, Just in case. Never know when a Hispanic or Black guy is around.

And you know how those people are.

Catnip
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't always double post, but when I do I post shit twice.

Franco Tirador
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Im 6 feet tall, im black, 220lb, not fat, muscular-ish, not that ripped. I have heard car door locks pop a few times on my way to my car when they are in their car, lol, i just laugh at it, cause im actually Hispanic, i had to learn how to speak english when i came to this country when i was 11. But i really dont blame them, nowadays better be safe than sorry, I watch a lot of murder investigation shows and and after seeing that, i would lock my doors, and im always ready if that dont work. I wonder what they think when they see me get in my car, the probably think that it's stolen, lol

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/jpmk4/UA6/IMAG0900.jpg

Catnip
11-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Good looking car. Usually not big on the gold centers with a gray or silver car, but it works on that.

C230K
11-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Im 6 feet tall, im black, 220lb, not fat, muscular-ish, not that ripped. I have heard car door locks pop a few times on my way to my car when they are in their car, lol, i just laugh at it, cause im actually Hispanic, i had to learn how to speak english when i came to this country when i was 11. But i really dont blame them, nowadays better be safe than sorry, I watch a lot of murder investigation shows and and after seeing that, i would lock my doors, and im always ready if that dont work. I wonder what they think when they see me get in my car, the probably think that it's stolen, lol

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/jpmk4/UA6/IMAG0900.jpg

I wouldnt say stolen unless you riding in a car valued over $80,000. Entonces asi ya pienso que lo robaste:)

RandomGuy
11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
I wouldnt say stolen unless you riding in a car valued over $80,000. Entonces asi ya pienso que lo robaste:)

or honda

Sinfix_15
11-22-2012, 12:41 AM
So I was out with my wife and kids yesterday getting something out to eat, it was about 6:30pm. We were stopped at a light next to a gas station and a black guy went to cross the street in front of us. I didn't think anything of it but my wife stopped mid sentence, locked the doors and continued the convo where she left off.

I said "nah hell no, you know I'm not letting you off that easy. I know you didn't just lock the doors on that black guy". She shrugged and said "he looked crazy" I laughed the entire way home after that.

Im Hispanic an she is Black and we weren't anywhere near a rough part of town. I guess you never know, it was just funny to me.

Anyone else been a witness, or even the victim of same race profiling?

I would expect my wife to lock the doors in that situation. DTA..... dont trust anybody....

You know why your black wife doesnt trust random black guys?

Probably because she's intelligent.

Sinfix_15
11-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Your wife locks the doors when a pedestrian is close to your car with your kids in it, and the only thing you can think of is that she's racial profiling?

So, what if he decided to run up to the car and drag one of your kids out because he's high on something? Your child could be fucked up before you or your wife can get remotely close to doing anything.

Seriously. Why would you feel the need to give some random guy the benefit of the doubt? I would be more annoyed with my wife if she DIDNT lock the doors when someone came near the car.

cactusEG
11-22-2012, 01:13 AM
When Im at the store and I have a hispanic cashier. Knowing they speak english, they talk to me in spanish. Either way I dont care.

RL...
11-22-2012, 01:16 AM
The majority of people in jail are hispanics and blacks. Truth hurts but it's there so you can't blame someone for locking their doors against a demographic with a high criminality rate.

With that said I've never felt the urge to lock my doors when I've seen anyone, regardless of color.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2012, 05:30 AM
if i'm in a rough neighborhood or somebody looks crazy i'm locking the door..i dont think that's race profiling,

Exactly. How are you profiling racially if you are trying to protect your children from a possible problem? Hell I do this, sometimes, when I'm by myself to white or black or whatever, depending on what I see in any particular individual close to me.

Racial profiling here this is not.

Bacon
11-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I can't recall a minivan made in the last two decades that the doors don't automatically lock when you pull it out of park. Did you unlock the doors hoping she would get taken?

Franco, are you black or Hispanic? Nice car btw.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

HeyItsSkeero
11-22-2012, 09:26 AM

No we're all assuming that it's up for repo.

And I agree don't almost all peoples doors lock now a days when it moves out of park? My CR-V door locks it self back when I unlock the door. On newer cars at least.

Relentless
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I usually lock my doors everytime a white person walks near my car. Just incase they try to open my door and lock it for me.

SHAUNvX
11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
S4saken i see you live in douglasville, So do I, I just wanted to know if you were in dville when this happend?

S4saken
11-22-2012, 10:51 AM
How was said black guy dressed? Did he in fact look crazy or creepy, regardless of his color?
He was about 5'8", 150-160lbs, his cloths weren't sagging but they where obviously to big for him, in my opinion he didn't look crazy or strung out but my wife obviously thought otherwise.

S4saken i see you live in douglasville, So do I, I just wanted to know if you were in dville when this happend?
Yes, we were on highway 5 at the light across from the McDonald's.

I can't recall a minivan made in the last two decades that the doors don't automatically lock when you pull it out of park. Did you unlock the doors hoping she would get taken?

95% chance that they were already locked which made it that much more funny to me.

The majority of people in jail are hispanics and blacks. Truth hurts but it's there so you can't blame someone for locking their doors against a demographic with a high criminality rate.

With that said I've never felt the urge to lock my doors when I've seen anyone, regardless of color.
A higher number of child molesters and sex offenders are white and most serial killers are white so I'd be more afraid of a white male around my children then a black one. The truth really doesn't bother me because I've never been in trouble for anything more then a traffic violation so your statistics don't include me. I can careless what other black and Hispanics do with there lives.

SHAUNvX
11-22-2012, 10:56 AM
yea around hwy5 i wouldnt worry about locking my doors but around dtown douglas i would, But then again douglasville is going down the drain.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2012, 11:20 AM
95% chance that they were already locked which made it that much more funny to me.

Making sure your family and children are safe at all times doesn't seem so funny to me, man. The days of now aren't nearly as forgiving as the days of old. Better safe than sorry. It doesn't matter who you're dealing with. White or black, thugged out or suited, you don't know who's out there these days.

A higher number of child molesters and sex offenders are white and most serial killers are white so I'd be more afraid of a white male around my children then a black one.

Not trying to insult you by any means, but this isn't good thinking, dude. For one thing, your scenario doesn't impose a child sex predator/kidnapping situation. Nor does it show a serial killing. Only thing I see coming out of this in a criminal way is a robbery. Sex predators/kidnappers usually do their "work" where children are more vulnerable. Not with their parents right there. Serial killers, similarly don't just walk down the streets taking people out. But to think that just because most sex offenders and serial killers are white so you're not worried about a black man being one is naive. Like I said above, these days are rough on folks and folks of all races can be driven to a point as damning as criminal.

My advice, take it for what it's worth as I know you don't know me, is to not laugh at your wife for wanting to be extra cautious with her family. One day, it might actually prevent a bad day for you guys.

S4saken
11-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Not trying to insult you by any means, but this isn't good thinking, dude. For one thing, your scenario doesn't impose a child sex predator/kidnapping situation. Nor does it show a serial killing. Only thing I see coming out of this in a criminal way is a robbery. Sex predators/kidnappers usually do their "work" where children are more vulnerable. Not with their parents right there. Serial killers, similarly don't just walk down the streets taking people out. But to think that just because most sex offenders and serial killers are white so you're not worried about a black man being one is naive. Like I said above, these days are rough on folks and folks of all races can be driven to a point as damning as criminal.

My advice, take it for what it's worth as I know you don't know me, is to not laugh at your wife for wanting to be extra cautious with her family. One day, it might actually prevent a bad day for you guys.
I get what your saying but my response is being taken out of context. I was directly responding to the person saying that Hispanics and blacks are more likely to comit a crime because there are more minorities in jail, I was saying that a white man is just as capable of committing a violent crime.

To walk up on a crowded intersection and randomly pick a mini van with a family in it and snatching a kid right out is as bold a crime as any and I fear if someone is that intent on getting a child something like a locked door isn't gonna stop them. It would be easier just to smash the driver side window out, pull me out at gun point and take my van with my family in. Not trying to argue but I'm just saying. Like I said I didn't see the guy as a threat and I have military and security background so I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting imenent danger.

But I really just found it as a good opportunity to give my wife a hard time.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I get what your saying but my response is being taken out of context. I was directly responding to the person saying that Hispanics and blacks are more likely to comit a crime because there are more minorities in jail, I was saying that a white man is just as capable of committing a violent crime.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. The only thing I can make sense of is the last line about white men being capable of violent crime. And I agree absolutely.

To walk up on a crowded intersection and randomly pick a mini van with a family in it and snatching a kid right out is as bold a crime as any and I fear if someone is that intent on getting a child something like a locked door isn't gonna stop them. It would be easier just to smash the driver side window out, pull me out at gun point and take my van with my family in.

I don't think you get what I'm saying here. Stuff like the scenario I just quoted doesn't really happen unless the two parties know each other and it's a targeted crime. Your comment about being easier to smash out a window? No sir. To smash out a window, you're going to have to come prepared. You can't just nonchalantly walk up like nothing is wrong and smash out a car window. It would be a lot less conspicuous to just saunter up to a car and reach for the handle to see if it's unlocked.

Not trying to argue but I'm just saying. Like I said I didn't see the guy as a threat and I have military and security background so I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting imenent danger.

I'm not trying to argue, either, man. Just see it a discussion. And you might not have seen the guy as a threat, but apparently your wife did. And whatever security experience you have surely can be a helpful asset, but you just never know, dude. Always better to play it safe, you know?

Again, I think it's a cheap shot to take at your wife unless you were kidding around.

But I really just found it as a good opportunity to give my wife a hard time.[/QUOTE]

masanomi3
11-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I didn't have a car at the time so I was walking to my old job at the Buford farmers market. Had to cross a intersection and a older Asian lady was blocking where I had to walk. I ended up walking around the back of her car as soon as I got to the side of her car I heard her lock her doors. I just laughed and kept walking. ( Im mixed black/white)

PTCDC5
11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I profile every race, including my own, and I'm white. However, i definitey profile minorities more. Profiling works, that's why the police do it.

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Hispanic but really Black? Black but really hispanic?

Raceception.

Sammich
11-23-2012, 08:36 AM
lolol

Franco Tirador
11-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Hispanic but really Black? Black but really hispanic?

Raceception.

lol @ you dude, you have not been outside GA much huh??? there arent a lot of black hispanic here in GA, go to New York, Miami, New Orleans, Houston and you will see a lot of us, my race is black, my skin color is black, but my ethnicity is Hispanic, im from Honduras. There are a lot of black people in Honduras, Panama, Dominican Republic and other Spanish coutries, they cant speak a lick of english, but they are black; black meaning their skin color is black. A lot of ignorant people here in GA dont get it, they're like "you are not black", and im like "yes, i am" , because i guess to them being black means not only having black skin color but also wearing pants 2x bigger and sagging, and talking slang which are things that white poeple also do, and not all black-american people do. I run into people ALL the time that have never even heard of black hispanic, a lot of white and latina chics dig it tho.......lol

..........so on that one you tried to be funny but.......ended showing some ingnorance

Franco Tirador
11-23-2012, 02:44 PM
No we're all assuming that it's up for repo.

LOL oh yeah, that's a hot one too, but not this one, Thanks to God the car is paid off

Sinfix_15
11-23-2012, 02:48 PM

To walk up on a crowded intersection and randomly pick a mini van with a family in it and snatching a kid right out is as bold a crime as any and I fear if someone is that intent on getting a child something like a locked door isn't gonna stop them. It would be easier just to smash the driver side window out, pull me out at gun point and take my van with my family in. Not trying to argue but I'm just saying. Like I said I didn't see the guy as a threat and I have military and security background so I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting imenent danger.

But I really just found it as a good opportunity to give my wife a hard time.

white people are 70% of the population yet they account for less of the jail population than blacks and/or minorities. It is what it is man.

A labrador retriever might maul me to death the same way a lion would, but i still say a lion is more likely to do it.

Blacks and minorities are more likely to commit a crime. This is a statistical probability. You would use this logic in every other aspect of your life, only reason you dont here is for feeling compelled to have empathy for blacks and minorities.

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
lol @ you dude, you have not been outside GA much huh??? there arent a lot of black hispanic here in GA, go to New York, Miami, New Orleans, Houston and you will see a lot of us, my race is black, my skin color is black, but my ethnicity is Hispanic, im from Honduras. There are a lot of black people in Honduras, Panama, Dominican Republic and other Spanish coutries, they cant speak a lick of english, but they are black; black meaning their skin color is black. A lot of ignorant people here in GA dont get it, they're like "you are not black", and im like "yes, i am" , because i guess to them being black means not only having black skin color but also wearing pants 2x bigger and sagging, and talking slang which are things that white poeple also do, and not all black-american people do. I run into people ALL the time that have never even heard of black hispanic, a lot of white and latina chics dig it tho.......lol

..........so on that one you tried to be funny but.......ended showing some ingnorance

lol at taking it so serious, I was playing around...

I would hate to show this "ingnorance" considering plenty of people on this forum can explain to you how my last girlfriend was black as well as hispanic. I could care less what race you are....Next time you try to insult someone by talking down to someone, be sure to spell the worlds correctly...Helps your case out a good bit.

Anyway, carry on.

And for the record: Racial stereotpyes have nothing to do with your ethnicity. :) Who's the "ingnorant" one again?

Franco Tirador
11-23-2012, 03:06 PM
damn, watching something funny on TV and typing on a stupid forum at the same time is not a good idea, the talking down part would count if you were serious

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 03:11 PM
damn, watching something funny on TV and typing on a stupid forum at the same time is not a good idea, the talking down part would count if you were serious

nah man, I wouldnt talk like that. I understand where you're coming from, though. No hard feelins.

Franco Tirador
11-23-2012, 03:12 PM
where was your girlfriend or her people from??, the best looking one i have met ironically was also from Honduras but the bad part was that she spoke -10 spanish, that's the main reason i did not date her, my english is not the best, i thought it was better in writing but.... you already know the answer to that lol

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Dad's family was from Nigeria, mom's from Panama.

Franco Tirador
11-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Dad's family was from Nigeria, mom's from Panama.

oh damn that's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!, i once met a chick in the Bronx, one of her parents was from Venezuela and the other from Italy...........ill let you do the math

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Damn, bet she was exotic looking. That's how my ex looked, never seen another girl that looked even similar to her.

S4saken
11-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I profile every race, including my own, and I'm white. However, i definitey profile minorities more. Profiling works, that's why the police do it.
All types of law enforcement does it, even airport TSA, seems to be working pretty well, why not? Perhaps this is why more minorities get caught commiting crimes?

I'm black Hispanic also, Puerto Rican. People just think I'm black, I just go with it.

white people are 70% of the population yet they account for less of the jail population than blacks and/or minorities. It is what it is man.

A labrador retriever might maul me to death the same way a lion would, but i still say a lion is more likely to do it.

Blacks and minorities are more likely to commit a crime. This is a statistical probability. You would use this logic in every other aspect of your life, only reason you dont here is for feeling compelled to have empathy for blacks and minorities.
This is simple math. That's why I said a higher number of whites are sex offenders, the truth is a higher RATE of minorities are sex offenders. I'm not ignorant to the truth, it really doesn't bother me, at all.
As stated before I can't careless what other minorities chose to do with there lives, my life is hectic enough worring about my wife and 2 kids.

To be honest though, I'd be more afraid of the lab, there's a ton of those running around, haven't seen many lions though. But I guess I would be compelled to lock my doors if a lion did cross the street in front of my car, good point.

98blackcivic
11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
hahaha ive driven to the worst neighborhoods and never locked my car door..
im not tough or confident..i just forget lol

also i got a horrible looking rusty monkey wrench that i keep right next to me in case someone wants to act up.
if shit gets otta hand, 12guage in the trunk!

C230K
11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
hahaha ive driven to the worst neighborhoods and never locked my car door..
im not tough or confident..i just forget lol

also i got a horrible looking rusty monkey wrench that i keep right next to me in case someone wants to act up.
if shit gets otta hand, 12guage in the trunk!

By the time you get to the trunk, something will already happen to you

Echonova
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
By the time you get to the trunk, something will already happen to youTruth

S4saken
11-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Everyone talking about statistics, about who commits more crimes and who's likely to do what. If you base your actions purely on statistics alone there's no reason to lock your doors in an area with VERY little crime, on a crowded intersection. The only argument is "you never know" or "he could have been on bath salts and ate your kids face".

Does this mean you don't go outside in a lightning storm in fear of getting struck by lightning? Or never fly because the odds of the airplane going down are low but "you never know". I was playing the odds that this man was just a pedestrian crossing the street, I gambled with my life and I won. I live life on the edge, I know.

If I was in Jersey, D.C. or Philly I probably would have locked the door but its DOUGLASVILLE.

If your scared get a gun, if your still scared stay home.

Sinfix_15
11-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Everyone talking about statistics, about who commits more crimes and who's likely to do what. If you base your actions purely on statistics alone there's no reason to lock your doors in an area with VERY little crime, on a crowded intersection. The only argument is "you never know" or "he could have been on bath salts and ate your kids face".

Does this mean you don't go outside in a lightning storm in fear of getting struck by lightning? Or never fly because the odds of the airplane going down are low but "you never know". I was playing the odds that this man was just a pedestrian crossing the street, I gambled with my life and I won. I live life on the edge, I know.

If I was in Jersey, D.C. or Philly I probably would have locked the door but its DOUGLASVILLE.

If your scared get a gun, if your still scared stay home.

The odds of being robbed by a black person are astronomically higher than being struck by lighting or being in a plane crash.

Catnip
11-24-2012, 11:32 PM
LOL

C230K
11-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Sinfix you remind me of this guy, the amazing racist

Vteckidd
11-25-2012, 10:27 AM
We should really stop being so sensitive and accept the fact that certain stereotypes exist for a reason. Its not like people just make this shit up.

I was walking in downtown Atlanta last night about 3pm coming home from STATS with my Gf. BROAD DAYLIGHT I see this homeless person walking with a stake in his hand (like something a campaign sign would be attached to in someones yard). He was walking toward us on a busy street and I naturally turned my body toward hers (to protect her and to turn my side to him) because i figured he would just ask for money.

NOPE

He swung the stake at me and yelled "IMA CUT YOU" and kept walking babbling to himself. He wasnt 3 feet from me, but it caught me off guard. Had I not been with my woman I probably would have done something stupid. This was in BROAD DAYLIGHT in a busy area right by CNN Center.

Had he hit me, he would have hit my shoulder and my GF could have run to safety and gotten away or gotten help. I hate to stereotype homeless people as crazy crackheads, but this is why i do it.

Sinfix_15
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Sinfix you remind me of this guy, the amazing racist

I'm not racist. I simply dont feel the need to sugar coat my interactions or opinions of other races. If you would like to offer me up a logical explanation of how a group of people who make up less than 20% of the population have the largest number of criminals, i would be more than happy to entertain your opinion.

Black skin is nothing more than an identifiable trait to me... like red hair or being tall. I refuse to defy logic to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Sinfix_15
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
We should really stop being so sensitive and accept the fact that certain stereotypes exist for a reason. Its not like people just make this shit up.

I was walking in downtown Atlanta last night about 3pm coming home from STATS with my Gf. BROAD DAYLIGHT I see this homeless person walking with a stake in his hand (like something a campaign sign would be attached to in someones yard). He was walking toward us on a busy street and I naturally turned my body toward hers (to protect her and to turn my side to him) because i figured he would just ask for money.

NOPE

He swung the stake at me and yelled "IMA CUT YOU" and kept walking babbling to himself. He wasnt 3 feet from me, but it caught me off guard. Had I not been with my woman I probably would have done something stupid. This was in BROAD DAYLIGHT in a busy area right by CNN Center.

Had he hit me, he would have hit my shoulder and my GF could have run to safety and gotten away or gotten help. I hate to stereotype homeless people as crazy crackheads, but this is why i do it.

this.

Sammich
11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
soooooooooooooooooooo...every tatted up rednecked white guy that has a confederate flag on his truck/shirt chews tobacco and has a strong country accent is racist as well? that's what you're saying?

Franco Tirador
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM
someone please post a pick of a "tatted up" redneck

please

thanks

Catnip
11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
soooooooooooooooooooo...every tatted up rednecked white guy that has a confederate flag on his truck/shirt chews tobacco and has a strong country accent is racist as well? that's what you're saying?

I mean, most likely, he is. If he truly isn't, then he probably knows he's going to be stereotyped and doesn't care. Either way it goes, it's on you to not give a fuck ;)

S4saken
11-27-2012, 01:13 AM
I expect white people to stereotype other minorities and I expect minorities to stereotype whites. This in no way offends me I find it comical that a certain race would stereotype themselves though. My wife work in Buckhead and there are constantly WHITE pedestrians walking about during lunch hour and she feels safe enough around them to not feel the need to make sure the doors are locked.

I think a big part of jails being filed with mostly minorities is due to the fact that most of the poor population are minority, poor people are more likely to commit a crimes and do drugs. Strict drug laws keep people on drug related charges in jail longer.

Also you have Hispanics there on immigration charges and most people affiliated with gangs are minority.

That's just my opinion though I could be way off.

Sinfix_15
11-27-2012, 02:29 AM

"every", no. Good possibility, yes. here's the thing though....... white people make up 70% of the population.... that includes the racist rednecks with confederate flags.... and they still account for far less crime than minorities.

the odds of this couple being racist..... about 90%
http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/2redneck.jpg

the odds of this guy robbing you, about 50%
http://picx.classifieds1000.com/s/AN_AFRICAN_MAN_KILLANGO

Sinfix_15
11-27-2012, 02:31 AM
I expect white people to stereotype other minorities and I expect minorities to stereotype whites. This in no way offends me I find it comical that a certain race would stereotype themselves though. My wife work in Buckhead and there are constantly WHITE pedestrians walking about during lunch hour and she feels safe enough around them to not feel the need to make sure the doors are locked.

I think a big part of jails being filed with mostly minorities is due to the fact that most of the poor population are minority, poor people are more likely to commit a crimes and do drugs. Strict drug laws keep people on drug related charges in jail longer.

Also you have Hispanics there on immigration charges and most people affiliated with gangs are minority.

That's just my opinion though I could be way off.

excuse train. Does Floyd "money" Mayweather beat his wife because he's poor?

it's culture man...... hiphop/rap culture is garbage.... as much as i love listening to young jeezy rap about shooting people and selling coke, i dont take it seriously... however, all these minority kids in inner city public schools do. if you ask a bunch of 5 year old white kids what they want to be when they grow up, you're gonna hear doctor, firefighter, police officer, astronaut.... if you ask a bunch of black kids.... you're gonna hear rapper/athlete. Culture divides us, not money.... not land... not color..... CULTURE. Look at music.... for every eminem, there's 10,000 hicks singing about fishing and their favorite hunting dog..... for every will smith, there's 10,000 rappers singing about shooting someone in the face and smacking a bitch.

it is what it is.... hopefully time will close the gap. being in denial about it doesnt help.

S4saken
11-27-2012, 05:01 AM
So your saying poverty has nothing to do with it? Your saying the Obamas girls are just as likely to be stripers as a black girl from the hood? Would you say Jaden Smith has a 50% chance Of robbing someone or resorting to crack rocks to numb the pain of his shitty life?

Why do you this POOR inner city black kids wanna rap and play ball as opposed to being doctors and lawyers? Rapping and balling is instant way to get rich, a lot of these kids already know being a doctor is out of reach because it takes money to go to school to be these things. You said yourself in another thread white parents tell their kids they can be whatever they want to be. Inner city kids don't hear this, there role models are the rappers, the athletes or even the thugs on the street corners.

Skorcher
11-27-2012, 07:34 AM
So your saying poverty has nothing to do with it? Your saying the Obamas girls are just as likely to be stripers as a black girl from the hood? Would you say Jaden Smith has a 50% chance Of robbing someone or resorting to crack rocks to numb the pain of his shitty life?

Poverty has much less to do with it then people claim. Lots of kids with rich parents that didn't grow up in poverty end up as druggies or skanks. I don't think I need to post examples, I'm sure you're smart enough to think of a few yourself. I know plenty of people (both white and black) that grew up less than middle class, and are doing just fine for themselves with decent jobs either with or without an education. Life is what you make of it no matter how you grew up.

l Gizzy l
11-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Why do you this POOR inner city black kids wanna rap and play ball as opposed to being doctors and lawyers? Rapping and balling is instant way to get rich, a lot of these kids already know being a doctor is out of reach because it takes money to go to school to be these things. You said yourself in another thread white parents tell their kids they can be whatever they want to be. Inner city kids don't hear this, there role models are the rappers, the athletes or even the thugs on the street corners.

Drugs? Absolutely. Hollywood is FILLED with drugs, ever heard of Whitney houston and Bobby Brown? Michael Jackson? But its not only black, lindsay lohan, robert downey JR, etc.

Everyone has the same problems, just because you have money doesnt mean you're any more level headed or more resilient to addictions

Sinfix_15
11-27-2012, 12:46 PM

Obama raises his kids right. Will Smith raises his kids right. Poverty has nothing to do with it. You can cherry pick examples from the statistical minority, but that doesnt change the big picture. Black people, collectively as a whole....... are most likely to be criminals. That doesnt mean that every single black person is going to be a criminal...... obviously............

Money has nothing to do it with. Lil Wayne's son may rape and kill you.... some guy from the projects son may save you from drowning, fix you a ham sandwich and invite you to his church. It's not a money thing, it's a culture thing. Statistically..................................... .......... i repeat, statistically..............................statist ically......minorities are more likely to be criminals.

Vteckidd
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM

not every, but I would assume he is yes. Because if you have a confederate flag, you obviously agree with slavery, because that is what the civil war was fought over.

Just like i assume the teenagers and mid 20s kids on bankhead highway are prob all A) horrible students if in school at all B) drug dealers.

Vteckidd
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Black people do it all the time too sammich.

Condileeza Rice was accused of being "too white" or called an "uncle tom" (not trying to make this political). You have minorities who become affluent and powerful and they are accused of selling out of being "too white".

What is being "too white" ?

Is that not a racist term as well?

S4saken
11-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Obama raises his kids right. Will Smith raises his kids right. Poverty has nothing to do with it. You can cherry pick examples from the statistical minority, but that doesnt change the big picture. Black people, collectively as a whole....... are most likely to be criminals. That doesnt mean that every single black person is going to be a criminal...... obviously............

Money has nothing to do it with. Lil Wayne's son may rape and kill you.... some guy from the projects son may save you from drowning, fix you a ham sandwich and invite you to his church. It's not a money thing, it's a culture thing. Statistically..................................... .......... i repeat, statistically..............................statist ically......minorities are more likely to be criminals.

I think you nailed it on the head here. It has more to do with parenting and positive role models then culture. Your post further up made it seem like Black people had a gene that made them 50% likely to be criminals, like its sickle cell.

I know there's drugs in Hollywood but celebrities don't do time in jail for drugs and if they do its not as much time as a regular joe would get, so I was excluding them from the conversation since we are talking about minorities in jail.

I'm not arguing the fact that statistically minorities are more likely to commit crimes, I'm simply offering up a debate on WHY minorities fill our jails.

Vteckidd
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm simply offering up a debate on WHY minorities fill our jails.
Poverty is a major reason, cultural influence is another.

Cal240sx
11-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Poverty is a major reason, cultural influence is another.

I drink to that. I never grew up poor, but the cultural influence of glorifying crime is definitely there especially in the music. For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6n58CgXJ0&feature=related
The vid has the wrong name its called Hard times of the Boulevard. For those of you who don't care to listen or can't let me post verse 2.

Yo I was robbin people on a regular basis.
In many different places, and all types of races.
I robbed gangstas, I robbed ducks.
I didn't kill who I stuck, as long as I got a buck.
What the fuck?
When n**** see me they take flight.
I'd even rob jehova if I catch you right on a late night.
I keep a vest G, dont try to test me.
A redneck police chief tried to arrest me.
Aiyyo that wasn't a smart cop.
Because I put 2 in his chest and his motherfuckin heart stopped.
Its a must I commit crimes, cuz i gotta get mines.
Its hard times and all I see is dollar signs.
Why should I work for another sucka.
When I can do robberies and make G's like a mothafucka..
Fuck a job, punks is gettin robbed and starved.
Cuz times is hard on the boulevard.

Now granted that was back in the early to mid 90's but a lot of people grew up listening to that stuff, really believing that's what they had to do to make money. I'm glad my parents help send my ass to college. I never confused entertainment with life.

I am 5'6 and 150lbs, prison is not for me. I'd be passed around for cigarettes on the first day.

Sinfix_15
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I drink to that. I never grew up poor, but the cultural influence of glorifying crime is definitely there especially in the music. For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6n58CgXJ0&feature=related
The vid has the wrong name its called Hard times of the Boulevard. For those of you who don't care to listen or can't let me post verse 2.

Now granted that was back in the early to mid 90's but a lot of people grew up listening to that stuff, really believing that's what they had to do to make money. I'm glad my parents help send my ass to college. I never confused entertainment with life.

I am 5'6 and 150lbs, prison is not for me. I'd be passed around for cigarettes on the first day.

And that's the key. Parents need to start handing their kids pencils before basketballs and lil wayne albums.

Cal240sx
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
And that's the key. Parents need to start handing their kids pencils before basketballs and lil wayne albums.

True sad part is in lower income places, school is not exactly a priority and a lot of the time it can be just a parent which for single parents are usually women.