PDA

View Full Version : about s3 mag

RL...
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Are they going under? I saw on facebook that they are offering people a lifetime subscription for only 14.95. lol Any business offering deals like that must be about go under right?

Your thoughts?

Julio
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Depends.. Sirius offers a $499 lifetime subscriptions...( or did)

RandomGuy
11-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Doubt it- magazines don't really make their money from subscriptions, that's just icing. I paid 10 bux cash at a dyno day at Batlground many years ago and haven't stopped getting them lol. Not complaining, It's slightly less about cars and more about the lifestyle. Some of the commentary is pretty funny i'll admit and it's on-point artistically. I'm sure they're doing straight.

RL...
11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
It's ok...I feel like they "try too hard". I have a subscription because I like to support "local" business but I definitely prefer d sport and modified and such...it's hard to be excited about a publication that I get once every 4 months. lol

SHAUNvX
11-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I have never even seen a S3 mag.

Echonova
11-22-2012, 09:42 AM
I love S3, some issues are a little Honda heavy for my taste... But so is the scene.

Vteckidd
11-22-2012, 09:48 AM
I dont think they do well at all, ive always heard they are on the verge of going under but they love doing what they do.

Print Media is dead. Has been going that way for awhile. NO one buys magazines anymore.

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM
but they love doing what they do.

And that's the cool part. Not everyone can say they've done something like this or anything close. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Print Media is dead. Has been going that way for awhile. NO one buys magazines anymore.

Magazine subscriptions were the sheet until the mid to late 1990s. I had subscriptions to SI, Excellence, Hot Rod, Mini Truckin', Sport Compact Car (from 1989 to 1992) and a couple of others. But now, with the internet, you can see the same stuff without needing a subscription to see it. And that's why Mike's statement is so.

CSquared
11-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Never subscribed to s3 but i still get motor trend, car&driver and road&track.

I used to get turbo magazine but they rarely did cars i was interested in.

Elbow
11-23-2012, 07:02 AM
I dont think they do well at all, ive always heard they are on the verge of going under but they love doing what they do.

I do. lol

But yeah, never been a fan of S3, they cuss too much. Sounds childish.

l Gizzy l
11-23-2012, 09:39 AM
i may have to subscribe. I've never seen one either....xD

Vteckidd
11-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm biased because they have some people on their staff I think are morons.

But the core groups is a bunch of passionate nice people who just do what they love regardless of money.

They have a great platform that just happens to be out of date as far as media goes. I think they had a chance at making it big few years back but never made the right moves. But I'm not sure its their motivation to make a lot of money.

If you like the Atlanta and SE scene you should buy a copy to support.