PDA

View Full Version : RB20 Ecu bad??

Acura_Chic
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey Guys,
I had a hose bust and coolant got into the Ecu and wiring harness. The car still runs but cyl 2 isnt getting any fire or anything.. I unplugged the harness from the coilpack and the car didnt bog down or anything so went and bought another coilpack thinking that was the problem, it still did the same thing.. not getting any signal or anything, replaced the ignitor too just in case, but still doin the same thing.. So the only thing i could think of is the antifreeze frying the circuit in the Ecu, and the red light isnt on anymore on the Ecu.. Before I go and buy an Ecu i was wanting to make sure thats what it is. Called Lethal Injection to see if they had an RB20 i could hook the Ecu up too but they didnt have any.. So if any of you would allow me to meet up so i could hook my Ecu up to your harness I would be so grateful :) I cleaned the Ecu and harness with this spray used for electrical components so you dont have to worry about the antifreeze or anything possibly getting into your harness lol Please let me know, I live south of atlanta for any of you who are nearby. Thanks

+Lauren+

EmminoDaGreat
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I would bet the ecu is damaged from the water, I may have one laying around I will check

Acura_Chic
11-26-2012, 01:02 AM
That would be awesome! would you happen to have access to a car to where i could hook the ECU up to it before i go and spend all that money on one? Is it possible for the ECU to be working but possibly have a fried circuit somewhere.. like just frying the circuit to the #2 coil pack.. but everything else working fine?? because i checked to see if it was throwing any codes and it flashed a 55 and that said everything was ok.. this has got me stumped lol