PDA

View Full Version : Misc which dealership do you reccomend

fatty
11-18-2012, 02:12 PM
which dealership do you reccomend that has cars for under 15k. now dealerships like carmax and other big names don't carry those kinds of cars. thats why I am asking. its christmas time and want to give myself a present but tough times mean I can't add any "new cars to the family.:cry:
Thanks

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2012, 03:53 PM
which dealership do you reccomend that has cars for under 15k. now dealerships like carmax and other big names don't carry those kinds of cars.

Weird. A quick search of Carmax's inventory showed 139 cars under $15k at the Southlake store alone.

jdm_eg8
11-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Carmax of Lithia Springs has 105 under $15k

Iconic
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Wat kinda car are you looking for? I work at a dealership in alpharetta they have some good prices on cars . . .

green91
11-18-2012, 05:34 PM
They key to buying any used car is to have a different reputable shop do a pre-buy inspection. Any dealer that won't allow this you shouldn't do business with.

C230K
11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
What happened to the Hyundai and two benz?

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM
thought you just bought a veloster?

fatty
11-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Weird. A quick search of Carmax's inventory showed 139 cars under $15k at the Southlake store alone.

weird, carmax should hire better employees. went to the barrett parkway location, they searched and only came up with 10 which were all pieces of shit

fatty
11-18-2012, 08:42 PM
thought you just bought a veloster?

sold it. was nice but not worth the high interest that I got stuck with from hyundai. lucky to find someone who bought it close to what I owed. only lost 2k

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 08:42 PM
if you want something done right, do it yourself man.

fatty
11-18-2012, 08:44 PM
What happened to the Hyundai and two benz?

hyundai sold still have the slk and c class but kinda want another car since I got rid of the veloster.

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
weird, carmax should hire better employees. went to the barrett parkway location, they searched and only came up with 10 which were all pieces of shit

I mentioned Southlake. Not Barrett.

fatty
11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I mentioned Southlake. Not Barrett.

well he mentioned he was going to check all the carmax locations near the area

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
sold it. was nice but not worth the high interest that I got stuck with from hyundai. lucky to find someone who bought it close to what I owed. only lost 2k

fair enough. Just look through carmax's inventory yourself, then if you find something you want, go and look at it. Done deal.

fatty
11-18-2012, 08:58 PM
They key to buying any used car is to have a different reputable shop do a pre-buy inspection. Any dealer that won't allow this you shouldn't do business with.

probable just browse autotrader, I just hate seeing a car online and driving out there only to find out it looks nothing like in the picture.

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2012, 08:58 PM
fair enough. Just look through carmax's inventory yourself, then if you find something you want, go and look at it. Done deal.

That's exactly what I did. Found something that caught my eye, went over there and when they approached, I told them what I was there for and he took me right to it.

C230K
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Why down grade when you have two beautiful pieces of German machinery sitting on your drive way

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
That's exactly what I did. Found something that caught my eye, went over there and when they approached, I told them what I was there for and he took me right to it.

exactly. That's what I did with the Z's i was looking at as well. You have to have a direction to lead them in, and they'll be more than willing to help, after all that's how they get paid.

fatty
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
exactly. That's what I did with the Z's i was looking at as well. You have to have a direction to lead them in, and they'll be more than willing to help, after all that's how they get paid.

I hate the who no haggling thing, takes the fun out of buying a car.

fatty
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Why down grade when you have two beautiful pieces of German machinery sitting on your drive way

want something different

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, that part does suck. But you do have a bunch of backup when you buy a car at carfax. I work at Ford, and Carmax ONLY uses factory parts a majority of the time. They do it right to repair/maintain vehicles, so you're paying for that with the "no haggling" thing.

fatty
11-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, that part does suck. But you do have a bunch of backup when you buy a car at carfax. I work at Ford, and Carmax ONLY uses factory parts a majority of the time. They do it right to repair/maintain vehicles, so you're paying for that with the "no haggling" thing.

I hope the ford dealership would do the same, not?

Echonova
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
With two Mercs already...

If you can't pay cash for it... You don't need it. If you're paying cash, why the fuck are you looking at car lots?

fatty
11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
can't pay cash, have enough for a nice down payment. guess you can say I have a problem with cars.

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 10:33 PM
I hope the ford dealership would do the same, not?

lot of the time, but it also depends on the GPP (Gross profit percentage) as well as availability of parts. Ford's not gonna wait til tomorrow for a Motorcraft filter if they can use a Napa filter and have it done today, know what i'm saying?

Echonova
11-18-2012, 10:46 PM
can't pay cash, have enough for a nice down payment. guess you can say I have a problem with cars.Yeah...

Your problem is you can't pay for them. LOL

J/K. But seriously, why not take that car payment and sink it into the Mercs? You'd have two (even more) bad-ass cars in no time.

I feel your pain, if I had unlimited funds I'd be happy with one of everything. But my wallet and driveway limit me to around 6-ish. I got 4... But the more I add, the cheaper they get.

Funny how that works.

Anyway, I am in no way trying to tell you not to. I am behind you 100%.

But I feel compelled to nag you like my wife has nagged me for the past 5 years.

l Gizzy l
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Yeah...

Your problem is you can't pay for them. LOL

J/K. But seriously, why not take that car payment and sink it into the Mercs? You'd have two (even more) bad-ass cars in no time.

I feel your pain, if I had unlimited funds I'd be happy with one of everything. But my wallet and driveway limit me to around 6-ish. I got 4... But the more I add, the cheaper they get.

Funny how that works.

Anyway, I am in no way trying to tell you not to. I am behind you 100%.

But I feel compelled to nag you like my wife has nagged me for the past 5 years.

When are you ever NOT on fire, sir?