PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 96 Civic EX (dizzy problem)

jdm_eg8
11-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Okay so yesterday I was tinkering around on my 96' civic ex coupe with a perfect running d16y8 sohc vtec! Problem is I noticed 2 bolts missing on my dizzy cap & removed the cap to get to the rear bolt so I could start to thread it back through so it wouldn't slip out of my hand & be gone, lol. So after starting to put it back together I noticed it wasn't sealing up right, thought it could be just a rear bolt not being tightened all the way. Well long story short I tried starting the car & got absolutely nothing, no dash lights or cd player turning on at time of turning key & no fire/spark/fuel pump cutting on or anything at all. Only thing it does is make the key chime & I can turn my headlights on! So I started inspecting the dizzy cap & remived to see if any wires could have been keeping it from sitting flush with dizzy housing & low & be hold I have 2 wires that were cut in half! The black/yellow & solid blueish green wire! So I tried connecting them & got the same thing, no dash lights, cd player no spark/fire/no fuel pump turing on, no nothing! Weird as hell wires are reconnected strong & I checked my fuses for starter solenoid & ignition coil & fuel pump inside fuse panel located under dash & nothing & don't get it! Need some help here asap!

isa2o3
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Check to see if the spring on the coil popped out when you took the cap off.

jdm_eg8
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Check to see if the spring on the coil popped out when you took the cap off.

No worries, it was a $5 fix thanks to my family mechanic! Stupid 40A fuse under hood blew! My splices worked for my dizzy! Up & Dailying again