PDA

View Full Version : BWW 745 blackout process

ramazanpz
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Took some pictures of the beauty, just blacked out the rims, and added carbon emblems. Going to black out taillight/ headlight soon.

Photos taken by : Cannon 10D

The Pictures are HERE - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/3FiG5)

What do you think?

Sinfix_15
11-13-2012, 05:20 PM
took a class car and made it look tacky.

SHHHH
11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks clean :goodjob:

D3UC3S
11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I think linking pics is a lazy way to make a picture thread. So i was even more lazy and didn't click it.

Murdering out a BMW...Take it easy 50cent

fatty
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
why paint stock rims back? I am actually being serious. I don't know why people do it. is it to hide brake dust? in that case just ceramic brakes that don't dust that bad

PTCDC5
11-13-2012, 06:42 PM
why paint stock rims back? I am actually being serious. I don't know why people do it. is it to hide brake dust? in that case just ceramic brakes that don't dust that bad

No, just a cheap, tacky fad that hasn't seemed to die out yet.

fatty
11-13-2012, 06:47 PM

it looks horrible. save money buy real black rims. HRE has a set of really good looking black rims. and thats some quality shit right there, fits BMW's. looks good. save some money and do that instead

SHHHH
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM

Probably just for looks.

I dont think they look terrible. If the car was white I think they would look really good but black wheels in general do no bother me. I dont see the difference in painting a wheel black or buying an identical one that is factory painted black. They both seem like black wheels to me haha.

DynamicSound
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
it looks horrible. save money buy real black rims. HRE has a set of really good looking black rims. and thats some quality shit right there, fits BMW's. looks good. save some money and do that instead

x2, never understood why people painted stock wheels...doesn't change anything, still stock wheels. IMO, looks much worse.

fatty
11-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Probably just for looks.

I dont think they look terrible. If the car was white I think they would look really good but black wheels in general do no bother me. I dont see the difference in painting a wheel black or buying an identical one that is factory painted black. They both seem like black wheels to me haha.

the black HRE wheels are not painted black. I think the actual metal they use is black. so it still gives you that nice shine that you can't get with black painted wheels

e.mury
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Is that the stock height? I thought Beamers were fitted from the factory...

SHHHH
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
the black HRE wheels are not painted black. I think the actual metal they use is black. so it still gives you that nice shine that you can't get with black painted wheels

I wasnt talking about a particular wheel, just in general. I personally would never change a stock wheel unless it was maybe to run a drag setup. Im not an aftermarket wheel fan. Most of them look cheap to me.

Then again I am a Mustang guy so the factory wheel option from Ford is pretty vast hahaha.

yerrow
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM

what metal do you know of is black?

ramazanpz
11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
The rims are temporally black, until i have enough money to buy some nice ones on it, and there plasti dip so i have no worries taking them out.

JITB
11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
The car is expensive to mod, so I get the idea that you have the right intentions with the car. I would advise to just hold tight with what you got and keep it running good until you can afford to do what you really want the right way. Sometimes we all get bored and do things, but for a car like this to me, the blackout idea just seems to cliche for a black car. The factory wheel surprisingly sell for about 500$ or maybe more with tires alot of older Lexus and infiniti guys put them on their cars. Keep an eye on Craigslist for some decent wheels , and get a set of lowering springs for like 300$, since I dont think you are ready to foot that bill for the 3500$ coilovers..

these would be cool even though im not a fan of black and chrome lip they would be a nice look on the car overall..

FS FT: 20" IFORGED SPRINT WRAPPED IN MICHELIN PILOT SPORT (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/3356781332.html)

MeFryRice
11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
One of the highest maintenance cost cars to own. Looks like a car that rolls down the streets of Jonesboro. I personally don't like the look the owner is going for. BTW, my iPhone5 can take better pictures worth looking at.

JITB
11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
One of the highest maintenance cost cars to own. Looks like a car that rolls down the streets of Jonesboro. I personally don't like the look the owner is going for. BTW, my iPhone5 can take better pictures worth looking at.

Thats the reason why i dont have a A8 people sell them and the resale value drops..but people are afraid to buy them because of the maintenance. There is nothing like a German luxury car. but it will break your wallet!

Franco Tirador
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I lol'ed when i saw how much is an alternator for these cars... ~$400

MeFryRice
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I see it everyday. The car cost close to $100k which is out of reach for most of the people that want it. Once the valve has depreciated to something that is more reasonable ~$30k, they simply look at the car payment and think "I can afford that", but then neglect looking at the maintenance cost forgetting that they're still having to repair a $100k car. Just because the cost of the car goes down, doesn't mean parts/labor has too. This then turns into a neglected car as they push off any needed repairs. Then guess what? It's now a crappy built car according to the owner and they pawn it off to someone else.

MeFryRice
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM

I sold an alternator job earlier this week on a 540i. The alternator is water-cooled. The job cost the customer a little over $1k.

JITB
11-13-2012, 09:56 PM

Blame german engineering, i believe the Alternator is cooled by coolant, to keep it from getting to hot. Some have this some dont i think, i maybe wrong. But Germans always like to re invent the wheel its why we love them! lol

Dylan
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
That shit looks horribly cheap :2cents:

DynamicSound
11-13-2012, 10:55 PM
One of the people I work with has a 2004 7 Series and just had to replace the alternator for $900. Simply put, do not buy a German vehicle outside of the factory warranty unless you can afford the maintenance.

Franco Tirador
11-14-2012, 07:06 PM
One of the people I work with has a 2004 7 Series and just had to replace the alternator for $900. Simply put, do not buy a German vehicle outside of the factory warranty unless you can afford the maintenance.

you can say that again, I want a manual BMW so bad but i know that as soon as anything breaks down it's going to drain my wallet, and yes the alternator on these are water cooled.

thepolecat
11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I send cars like this away. I wont even touch these because they are so specialized and time consuming. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kyle
11-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Pretty sure you made a post about whether you should "black out" your car a few weeks ago and I as well as everyone else told you that was a terrible idea and we gave you advice. Lo and behold you do it, and as predicted, looks like shit.

KoolAid
11-14-2012, 11:43 PM
I think it looks pretty nice, i've always wanted to murder out a car, but I haven't got the chance to yet

Sammich
11-15-2012, 06:53 AM
OP needs a civic

CSquared
11-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Has anyone else made the connection that this guy is the same one from the racist teacher thread where he claims to be a junior in high school?

That being the case... want to trade parents?

VQ35 Star
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
OP needs a civic

THIS! LOL

black-out a black car...who woulda fuckin thought