PDA

View Full Version : Car impounded?

Hermin
11-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Long story short, I got my car impounded on Saturday night by L'ville PD. I specifically told the police officer to tell the tow truck driver to be careful with the vehicle. I literally saw her drive the car up the ram and smash the front bumper. The bumper has many cracks in it (VERY noticeable ones) and it can no longer be put on to the vehicle (all mounting holes are ripped) I arrived sunday morning to pick up the car, first words they told me "Come in tomorrow and talk to "chip" about the damages on the car" I go look at the car, bumper is cracked all over and hanging..

I came in today, "chip" was not there... someone else came to me and said "have a good day. bumper was already like that when we got the car."

What could/should I do about this? Are they LEGALLY responsible?

GGPIS3
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
if they damaged it, then all you can try to do is take them to small claims court if they are unwilling to pay for it. they know that at the end of the day, it is not worth most peoples time to go to court. most people will just suck it up and buy a new bumper as they realize it will cost them more time and money to take them to court. if you at least file a claim, you might have a chance at settling out of court, but still, the time, the aggravation, and the chance of not winning makes most people just suck it up and move on. def. sucks... good luck.

Dylan
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Fuck that shit!!! Take your pictures that you've been whoring around everywhere ( I'm assuming they're dated) and show them what condition it was in. I've been there and done that, don't let them fuck you.

georgieboi
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Next time take the front bumper off. Gl hopefully you can make them pay for repairs.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
they arent responsible for damages to a car that is modified, long story short.

Its your word vs theirs.

They will win all day every day

silversol
11-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Next time dont do something stupid to get your car impounded!

Dylan
11-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Next time take the front bumper off. Gl hopefully you can make them pay for repairs.

That's what I do. And keep two blocks of wood to lift it a little more. If you're low you've got to be prepared.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna take my bumper off while I'm handcuffed in the back of a charger. all I asked for is advice. It isn't my word against theirs. I have pictures of that DAY of the vehicle and it had no damage whatssoever on the bumper. When I picked it up, bumper was hanging. It's $1012.75 in damage. Bumper - $362.75, lip $270, Painting lip - $120, painting bumper - $180 and installation is $80. If it was $200 i'd let it go. It's over a grand.

first thing I saw.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1786.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1787.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1790.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1794.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1797.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1799.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp101/Futuref22cman/IMG_1808.jpg

l Gizzy l
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
not worth it man. I would worry more about the legal issues at the moment than getting your car fixed.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
You are a kid in a lowered honda who obviously got arrested. You really think they are going to shell out $1000 for you to fix your car? LOL

You will have to sue them to win, itll cost you more than $1000 to win.

SO yeah, youre fucked.

What did you do? Honest question. Because if it was anything related to like speeding, doing a donut, drifting, street racing etc, they will laugh your ass out of court. Theyll think youre a punk ass kid who got his car fucked up for being a dumbass.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
You are a kid in a lowered honda who obviously got arrested. You really think they are going to shell out $1000 for you to fix your car? LOL

You will have to sue them to win, itll cost you more than $1000 to win.

SO yeah, youre fucked.

What did you do? Honest question. Because if it was anything related to like speeding, doing a donut, drifting, street racing etc, they will laugh your ass out of court. Theyll think youre a punk ass kid who got his car fucked up for being a dumbass.

cut someone off , resulted as reckless driving. and i am worried about the legal actions.. I need the money to pay for the fines/lawyer, but then i have to fix my car also.

l Gizzy l
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
cut someone off , resulted as reckless driving. and i am worried about the legal actions.. I need the money to pay for the fines/lawyer, but then i have to fix my car also.

just take the bumper off or roll around in a different car. Lawyer first THEN fixing car. The wrecker service isnt liable for damage that occurs to vehicles most of the time. Its one of those "If your car wasnt getting towed in the first place, it wouldnt be an issue" sort of thing. Just let it go and get it fixed when the legalities have settled.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM

they arrested you for reckless driving? YOu must have been speeding really fast. Usually reckless is just a ticket in most cases.

You WILL LOSE, im telling you this from experience. Heres the only thing you can do:

1) Contact a Lawyer ASAP, hire him.
2) Discuss the with the lawyer your options. I would subpoena the Cop who witnessed you tell him to be careful with the vehicle, and i would get any and all evidence of your car being in 1 piece that day and shortly there after.
3) Fire a threatening letter off to the Tow Truck company.
4) Pray they agree to work something out.

If not, then youre up shits creek, but you have a lawyer on retainer to pursue the rest of the case.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
The laws protecting the Tow Truck companies are overwhelming. They are basically versions of legalized theft, they have much more backing and deeper pockets than you do

Hermin
11-05-2012, 03:43 PM
they arrested you for reckless driving? YOu must have been speeding really fast. Usually reckless is just a ticket in most cases.

You WILL LOSE, im telling you this from experience. Heres the only thing you can do:

1) Contact a Lawyer ASAP, hire him.
2) Discuss the with the lawyer your options. I would subpoena the Cop who witnessed you tell him to be careful with the vehicle, and i would get any and all evidence of your car being in 1 piece that day and shortly there after.
3) Fire a threatening letter off to the Tow Truck company.
4) Pray they agree to work something out.

If not, then youre up shits creek, but you have a lawyer on retainer to pursue the rest of the case.

I've got a lawyer and he said to sue them. Even a lawrenceville police officer said to sue them. it makes sense to. they took a non damaged car into their hands and next day it was damaged. I've got pictures of that day from an EVENT I was at...

l Gizzy l
11-05-2012, 03:44 PM

that's news to me, last time I heard, reckless driving was arrestable as well as mandatory license revokation.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:44 PM
then why are you asking for advice?

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
that's news to me, last time I heard, reckless driving was arrestable as well as mandatory license revokation.
spinning tires is "reckless driving"

its officers discretion. Usually, they write you a ticket and you leave.

l Gizzy l
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
yeah, under 21 is mandatory suspension if you're under 21, and you're 20 right nermin?

Driver's License Suspensions and Revocations (http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl)

Dylan
11-05-2012, 03:46 PM
That's pretty fucked up... I take it you messed up pretty bad and pissed someone off.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 03:47 PM
yeah, under 21 is mandatory suspension if you're under 21, and you're 20 right nermin?

Driver's License Suspensions and Revocations (http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl)

i'm 18. and i know it is. I have a lawyer :)

Hermin
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
That's pretty fucked up... I take it you messed up pretty bad and pissed someone off.

nope. he was just doing his job. i'm not mad at the cop. I got what I deserved!

Dylan
11-05-2012, 03:49 PM
And towing companies have insurance for a reason...they are responsible to a certain extent. It would probably just settle 50/50.

Sammich
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
spinning tires is "reckless driving"

its officers discretion. Usually, they write you a ticket and you leave.

key word usually...i know i got off real lucky one time in teh rain when i had my truck...he told me he could lock me up but wrote me a warning...

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
i'm 18. and i know it is. I have a lawyer :)
yeah youre fucked

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 03:55 PM
key word usually...i know i got off real lucky one time in teh rain when i had my truck...he told me he could lock me up but wrote me a warning...

USUALLY, if youre not a complete dumbass and can talk and think, you can get out of it.

I totally drifted my RX8 sideways in front of a cop, and blamed it on my flip flop coming off and my foot getting stuck. LIKE A BOSS.

The only time you really get in trouble is if youre speeding or racing and they can tack on Reckless as another charge.

Nismo
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
throw a grenade at them

98blackcivic
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
just throw a molotov cocktail thru their office window..
problem solved.

l Gizzy l
11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
yeah i wouldnt try to buck it, bro. Just let it ride.

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2012, 05:40 PM
if they damaged it, then all you can try to do is take them to small claims court if they are unwilling to pay for it. they know that at the end of the day, it is not worth most peoples time to go to court. most people will just suck it up and buy a new bumper as they realize it will cost them more time and money to take them to court. if you at least file a claim, you might have a chance at settling out of court, but still, the time, the aggravation, and the chance of not winning makes most people just suck it up and move on. def. sucks... good luck.

they arent responsible for damages to a car that is modified, long story short.

Its your word vs theirs.

They will win all day every day

These two posts right here says it all. You having a modified (and probably not technically legally so) front end might just void your claims against the towing company. And like Dan (your name is Dan right, GG?) said, they'll go to court with you because they know it'll cost you even more money.

BanginJimmy
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I know from experience that tow truck companies carry absolutely zero liability when towing a vehicle with any type of modified stance or non oem ground effects.

Blew a bad on my Jimmy and tow truck ripped through my bumper trying to drag it onto the back. I called over to the tow truck company and talked to the owner who was really cool about it and refunded everything but the price of the call. He also said straight up that trying to come back for the damage would only be met by a countersuit for the remaining bill and that because the truck was lower than stock he was 100% in the clear.

Towing companies deal with this all the time. They have lawyer on retainer and the larger ones, like ones with city contracts, may even have a lawyer on staff. Fighting your lawsuit doesnt cost them a penny and will cost you EASILY double what it would cost to repair the bumper.

RL...
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Thats the sad truth right there....having a modded car makes our lives harder not easier.

The phrase "you have to pay to play" doesn't just mean spending money, it means putting up with BS that most people dont have to. Like this. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if they did that to my G....hopefully it works out somehow for you.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Thats the sad truth right there....having a modded car makes our lives harder not easier.

The phrase "you have to pay to play" doesn't just mean spending money, it means putting up with BS that most people dont have to. Like this. I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if they did that to my G....hopefully it works out somehow for you.

Yeah seriously. All the police officer said was "that sucks, you'll just have to fix it" when I told him to tell the tow truck driver to be careful with the car. I even explained to him this happened BEFORE with my integra...SAME COMPANY.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Next time dont do something stupid to get your car impounded!

Just because I did something wrong and the vehicle was impounded DOES NOT mean it's right that it's damaged.

Julio
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
If you don't care of the outcome,sue.. About 5 years ago or so, my cousin's IS350 was towed.. Car was kitted, nice wheels, the works.. Car gets towed for illegal parking. As he stood there watching his car getting put on the flatbed, he watched his car get destroyed..tow truck driver really didnt care how he got the car up on the flatbed. ( front bumper, one of the front rims and sideskirts, suspensions, a bunch of shit ) Tow truck driver was careless. This happened in Jersey. Repair estimate was almost 5k.. What the tow truck driver didnt know ( neither did my cousin) someone that was watching, got the whole thing on video..Even with video showing what happened, people were telling him not to sue..etc etc because tow truck companies are hard to beat.. My cousin has decent pockets.. The lawyer said, even with video, it would be hard.. My cousing paid the lawyer $5800.. After the dust settled, my cousin came out on top by 2k. Tow truck company had to pay his lawyer fee and everything else in the bucket...

Moral of the story, if you got evidence and money in the bank and go for it.. of course 2 totally different stories, however..you just never know..

Julio
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh, and my vette has been towed twice, by the same tow company, ( car broke down lol ) and they were super careful and took their time to do a good job.. Not one scratch.. My vette is lowered..

Julio
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Now that I think of it.. Is all politics.. They figured, that if your going to jail for messing up.. They dont care about your car.. But if you call them to get your car towed under a different circumstance, I guess the outcome may be different...

Hermin
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I guess it all just does depend. My lawyer wants $500 and to file civil court is alittle over $100 which is not alot to lose. But I do have evidence and witnesses to the bumper not being damaged.

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM

Bullshit. It's only as hard as you make it. He did something that caused his car to be towed. He made it harder on him. Had he not done what he did, he'd be ok right now.

Just because I did something wrong and the vehicle was impounded DOES NOT mean it's right that it's damaged.

No, but had you not messed up, you're car would be just fine. You choose to have it modded. Other folks don't have to conform to your mods. You dig?

BTLFED
11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Bullshit. It's only as hard as you make it. He did something that caused his car to be towed. He made it harder on him. Had he not done what he did, he'd be ok right now.

No, but had you not messed up, you're car would be just fine. You choose to have it modded. Other folks don't have to conform to your mods. You dig?

QD speaks the gospel.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 08:58 PM

BTLFED
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM

You still don't get it! It is their job to tow a FACTORY vehicle safely. I won't use my 4Runner because that's an unfair comparison, so lets use my fiancé's car. It's an '06 Mazda 3. I can guarantee that the same tow truck that slammed your fiberglass bumper to shit (because its fiberglass, duh) would not have done shit to my fiancé's Mazda. The main difference? 2-3 inches of ride height and a urethane bumper. Think about that.

My CRX has been towed multiple times (slammed, full body kit, etc) with NO damage, even when one of the times it was when it broke a lower ball joint. Why? BECAUSE I WASN'T DOING SOMETHING STUPID THAT INVOLVED POLICE.

Catch the net, live in the now.

Hermin
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
My CRX has been towed multiple times (slammed, full body kit, etc) with NO damage, even when one of the times it was when it broke a lower ball joint. Why? BECAUSE I WASN'T DOING SOMETHING STUPID THAT INVOLVED POLICE.

Catch the net, live in the now.

LOL so just because someone does something wrong they deserve to have their vehicle damaged is what you're saying.

Dylan
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL so just because someone does something wrong they deserve to have their vehicle damaged is what you're saying.

Nermin, just buy a new bumper. I know you're pissed off, however, they could give two shits about a wreck less kid driving a really nice car. All of my cars (aside from my sti) have been slammed. I have no problems with tow trucks around her, period. The flatbed can be angled an are designed to pick up lower vehicles such as Mercedes amg, m series BMW, corvettes, etc... All I'm saying is it could have been easily avoided but, it wasn't. What's done is done so you have to just let it go. It sucks but, that's life so get used to it.

quickdodgeŽ
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM

You're not getting it, dude. I don't know if it's because you're just too upset or if you really don't see. I never said they have the right to tear it up. But tow trucks are not designed to pick up cars that are just inches off the ground. If you've done something to modify the vehicle, then that's not the driver's problem. On most occasions they will do what they can to avoid damaging a car that has been modified, but these guys have been doing this a long time and they know what will and what will not go on that bed. They have a job to do (via the police of all people) and they're going to do that. They can't say no because you're car has a low bumper and is low. Don't get me wrong, man, I sympathize that your car was torn up. Two weeks ago, I had to have my Civic towed and I scrubbed the hell out of my (guaranteed only one in the world) front spoiler. It popped one of the screws out of it as well. There was nothing I could do because I knew my car was lower than what tow trucks are built for.

The flatbed can be angled an are designed to pick up lower vehicles such as Mercedes amg, m series BMW, corvettes, etc...

These cars aren't as low as some of these "tuner" cars. Your moderately dropped Hondas and such will go on a wrecker with zero to minimal scraping, but a car only a couple inches will scrub no matter what. Most of your everyday tow trucks are not built to pick up inches high vehicles.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 10:38 PM

hes not saying you deserve anything, hes saying they dont really care. Ill tell you this is how its going to work in court:

1) Why was your car towed ? (Reckless driving 18 year old kid in a sports car modded out)
2) Oh so you mean you were arrested and by law we had to tow/impound your car for an offense you are guilty of? (Thats right, we are required by law to impound the car, you dont get special treatment)
3) NICE TRY

Illegal parking isnt the same as a "punk kid " getting arrested for reckless driving. You are in a shitty age group that frankly probably deserves a lot of the attention you get.

I am also willing to bet your record is not squeaky clean. If you have any other tickets, forget it.

the $600 you are going to pay to try and get your $1000 bumper fixed will be wasted.

Vteckidd
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
As soon as you realize that you are responsible for your actions and that you have a target on your back for being who you are and driving what you are driving, you will learn that the cops hold all the cards, not you.

If youre a 18 year old kid, you better be driving like a grandma or you are asking for trouble. I guarantee you got pulled over, he saw your car, he already slapped you into the "F&F" category.

Echonova
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rNIAN5o5M

RL...
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM

The thing is QD, while you may have lived a life of 0 mistakes, the rest of us act our age sometimes, and break the law during the course of having fun. He might've messed up but he didn't deserve to get his car damaged, only the punishment for whatever he did wrong. But life is not fair, and shit like this happens....

Hermin
11-05-2012, 11:21 PM
The thing is QD, while you may have lived a life of 0 mistakes, the rest of us act our age sometimes, and break the law during the course of having fun. He might've messed up but he didn't deserve to get his car damaged, only the punishment for whatever he did wrong. But life is not fair, and shit like this happens....

And we learn from it. Was I in the wrong? Yes. Will it happen again? Probably. Why? because i'm young and dumb. shit happens. I deserved the ticket. damage isnt deserved. just because I broke one law doesn't mean I deserve to fork out another grand out of my pocket for SOMETHING I DIDN'T BREAK.

Rick understands..

Still undecided what I'm gonna do about this. But I am buying an "adult" car now LOL. 06 IS250.

Echonova
11-05-2012, 11:29 PM
And we learn from it. Was I in the wrong? Yes. Will it happen again? Probably. Why? because i'm young and dumb. shit happens. I deserved the ticket. damage isnt deserved. just because I broke one law doesn't mean I deserve to fork out another grand out of my pocket for SOMETHING I DIDN'T BREAK.

Rick understands..

Still undecided what I'm gonna do about this. But I am buying an "adult" car now LOL. 06 IS250.No matter how fancy, if you "stance" it with stupid wheels as camber... You will be profiled all the same.

Only richer with more of "mommy and daddy's money"...

Not saying it's right. But the longer Obama is President the longer jealousy is going to become a bitch.

S4saken
11-05-2012, 11:54 PM
It's messed up they damaged his car. There's no justification to someone ruining your property just because you broke the law. His punishment is tickets, court expense and being hauled of to jail. The tow company had no right to impose their own justice.

Echonova
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
They are not going to treat a S2K like it's Paris Hilton's Bentley after she was on a bender. Sorry.

Life just doesn't work that way.

-EnVus-
11-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Lol QD arguing with Nermin is funny

Sinfix_15
11-06-2012, 02:53 AM
i feel for you..... i would be insanely pissed.......

but there's probably nothing you can do about it.

David88vert
11-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Arguing about it on IA does nothing. Call a lawyer and discuss the case with him instead.

quickdodgeŽ
11-06-2012, 06:05 AM

Lolol @ you.

I think you're just not getting it. You keep assuming that I'm saying that you deserved to get your car damaged. I never said that (even said the opposite). But tow trucks are designed to tow factory vehicles, man. Not modified (maybe illegally) vehicles. I understand that you're young and will make mistakes again, dude. Contrary to what Rick believes, I have made my fair share of mistakes in the past.

And contrary to what you believe, Rick doesn't understand.

C-loS109
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
when my mustang got inpounded for doing that burnout at the riverside meet, about 2 years ago... when i picked up the car that next morning at 7 am it had less then a quarter tank when i had half a tank, my tach didnt work and when i started the car it had ridiculous amount of ticking coming from the motor. what happened? i dont know, im guessing they tried to steal the tach, dawged the car out and come to find out i had 3 broken pushrods. did i get frustrated? yes, did i realistically think i could prove it? no... just dropped it, bought the 3 pushrods at, 3.15 a piece and focused on my charges... nermin, you know you my bro, but this people will look at you as a 18 year old kid, im sure if obama had a lowered s2000 with the same set up as you they would treat him better. (maybe not lol) but you get my point, the law hates kids and always try to make an example whenever they can!

Nismo
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Rick understands..

Still undecided what I'm gonna do about this. But I am buying an "adult" car now LOL. 06 IS250.

Good luck with that. Let me know how that carbon build up works for you when it pops the engine.

BTLFED
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM

No, you idiot. Stop twisting everyone's words. What I am saying is that if your car was stock they would have picked it up with no problems. The cops and the wrecker driver don't have for fuck ever to baby your car on to a wrecker. It is there job to get it off the street ASAP and get you to jail in the same manor. If a driver would have been picking up your car because something broke, then it is YOUR dime and not THEIR time. There is a difference, which is why they don't give a shit about your bumper. Yeah, it sucks, but the time and energy you would spend fighting it isn't worth it, and should be spent on your criminal case LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID.

Yeah, I did a lot of dumb shit when I was younger (54 tickets, put on probation for my driving record, among other things), but you know what? I learned from it eventually and my car was never impounded for what I did. Pull your head out of your ass now before its too late. You have a target on your head just like the rest of us did at your age.

Julio
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
And we learn from it. Was I in the wrong? Yes. Will it happen again? Probably. Why? because i'm young and dumb. shit happens. .

Really ? Lol

Evan629
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Really ? Lol

At least he's not bull shitting like most with, "I'll never do it again!!!!"

Lol.

Dylan
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
At least he's not bull shitting like most with, "I'll never do it again!!!!"

Lol.
Kittennip.

Evan629
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Kittennip.

Post in the intro about it :)

Echonova
11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Post in the intro about it :)Uhhhhh.

Hello new poster that I have never seem post before but yet somehow I feel like I know you on some deep cosmic level.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the other thread.
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/Echonova2/tom-baker-i-can-fap-to-this.gif

Hermin
11-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Really ? Lol

Yep. I know I will. I'll learn one day.. it's life. i'll have fun while im young lol

1civic
11-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I will post 2 facts I know since I used to do towing, and recovery!

1. Never accept the car with damage, no matter what they say!

2. When you seen the car the cops should have been called, and when they showed you ask for a report to be filed.

Will it get fixed now, NO... You accepted the car, and probably signed the release which has in small print "we are not responsible for damages, or lost/stolen items"

C230K
11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Put some mighty putty on it and call it a day

SHAUNvX
11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Dont do stupid shit in front of the cops.

Dylan
11-06-2012, 08:44 PM
I will post 2 facts I know since I used to do towing, and recovery!

1. Never accept the car with damage, no matter what they say!

2. When you seen the car the cops should have been called, and when they showed you ask for a report to be filed.

Will it get fixed now, NO... You accepted the car, and probably signed the release which has in small print "we are not responsible for damages, or lost/stolen items"
QFT

HeyItsSkeero
11-06-2012, 10:16 PM
It'll buff out. Just use zip ties like us regular honda owners to hold the bumpers up. Good luck with getting it fixed or pursuing it. Either way you're 99% going to lose the case though. Well, any possible chance the cops camera was recording? Might want to call and ask ASAP about that. To see where the cop walks up and tells him what you said, and then him dragging the car in ok condition to it's destruction. And for your safety you might want to stop driving like an idiot, you're going to end up pissing the wrong person off and getting shot. It's happened before, and it'll probably happen again. Good luck either way.

If a driver would have been picking up your car because something broke, then it is YOUR dime and not THEIR time. There is a difference, which is why they don't give a shit about your bumper. Yeah, it sucks, but the time and energy you would spend fighting it isn't worth it, and should be spent on your criminal case LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID.

Question. I have always heard you pay the towing fees and shit when your car is impounded? Is that not true? If so technically it was on his dime.

Nismo
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
shits ugly anyway. I see no great loss

PTCDC5
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
shits ugly anyway. I see no great loss

Buy factory AP2 bumper. Profit.

l Gizzy l
11-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Buy factory AP2 bumper. Profit.

greatest piece of advice ever, all could have been avoided had this been the case.

megasuperultraprofit is more like it.

Hermin
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Whether you guys like the bumper or not, i'm still out of $1700 lol. I bought a new bumper.

I don't feel like going through the hassle of court and what not. I'm pretty positive I could of won the case, but I'll pass on it. It's a 50/50% chance.

Dylan
11-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Whether you guys like the bumper or not, i'm still out of $1700 lol. I bought a new bumper.

I don't feel like going through the hassle of court and what not. I'm pretty positive I could of won the case, but I'll pass on it. It's a 50/50% chance.

Good job :goodjob:

Stop fucking shit up :yes:

BenjaminJunu
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
glws

quickdodgeŽ
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM

You did do the right thing because you probably would not have won. Just chalk it up and be careful out there, dude.

Sinfix_15
11-08-2012, 10:48 PM
here's the silver lining of this story. That front lip fit like shit.... now you have a reason to replace it.

D3UC3S
11-09-2012, 08:04 AM
The whole bumper fit like shit. Sounds like he did you a favor.

On a side note...How can you be "pretty sure you would win" with a 50/50 shot? lol at your statistics

l Gizzy l
11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

On a side note...How can you be "pretty sure you would win" with a 50/50 shot? lol at your statistics

lol

good job Nermin, just let it go.

Hermin
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Whether it fit nicely or didn't, whether it looked good or not. I still had over $1000 in it and it was ruined. Whether you'd like it or not, I don't really care lol. I had all the proof that they did damage the car. I just don't want to go through the headache of going in and out of court.

Dylan
11-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Whether it fit nicely or didn't, whether it looked good or not. I still had over $1000 in it and it was ruined. Whether you'd like it or not, I don't really care lol. I had all the proof that they did damage the car. I just don't want to go through the headache of going in and out of court.

I concur with your decision, good job!

§treet_§peed
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
If a cop wants to be a dick, they can classify any type of moving violation as reckless driving. Trust me, I've been there.