PDA

View Full Version : WTB:DJ

Cliff
04-05-2005, 12:49 AM
aight mom is in charge of all the Relay for life stuff at the middle school and she needs someone to dj the afterschool dance for 3:30ish to 5:30 on thursday april 14...obviously just some dumb dance music kinda crap but hey if you wanna add some flare to it then more power to ya....anyways if interested hit me up and lemme know

DJ XtRaK©
04-05-2005, 12:58 AM
yeah someone take this job, i had to turn it down since thats the day im goin to orlando...it for a really good cause

carrascopa
04-05-2005, 01:05 AM
ill bring my boom box

Cliff
04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
i don't think the kids could handle you alex

B16a2 Civic
04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
what kind of music do you want to be played....i could do it .....i have all my own dj equipment but i have nothin but hip hop/crunk and some r and b songs...if needed i can rent my dj equipment to someone if they want to just use it( i dont have my own speakers though, the club usually has that for me)

Cliff
04-05-2005, 01:46 PM
they may be able to get speakers from the band room...honestly the only reason i don't wanna just sit their and do it is because it all has to be edited music....absolutely no cussing which means i'd have to go find a way to get all edited cd's and it's too much trouble to me but i figured a dj would have edited cd's in their collection just in case they get asked to play somewhere with that as a requirement....music can be pop, rap, hip hop, fast paced country hell i dunno...just somthing the kids would be willing to get up and move around to...then like the classic electric slide for the lil cheerleaders to get up and do for everyone....hell i dunno

AtifSajid
04-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Just play some Will Smith stuff.

RiceBoy
04-05-2005, 02:17 PM
call 678-754-5033. He is a DJ and will do it for a reasonable price. His name is Andre.

B16a2 Civic
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
ooh ok, sounds coo, imma gon get with my homeboi who works at a radio station, im sure he has all edited stuff...i can see if he wants to do it if the person who posted above doesn't...i'll just randomly check on this thread

Cliff
04-05-2005, 02:26 PM
well since it's a fundraisor everyone keep in mind 100 is the maximum i am told they will be willing to pay the person last i heard so whoever is interested lemme know..

Cliff
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
call 678-754-5033. He is a DJ and will do it for a reasonable price. His name is Andre.

thanks man i gave him a call and if all goes well he will be helpin us out

B16a2 Civic
04-05-2005, 02:51 PM
good to hear

RutRoe
04-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd love to give you a hand Cliff, but I'll be busy dj'ing for the Speed Channel..

I get all kinds of edited stuff on I-tunes, just FYI.

Someone help out cause relay is always a blast... I've played at two or three in my cover band time.

Goood stuff

Buford®
04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I'll do it. May be DJ Xtrizzle will let me use his equipment. May be, possibly.

Cliff
04-09-2005, 09:09 PM
offer is back up on the table..anyone able to help?

Brandon C
04-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Let Me call SOmeone for you? I can Not do it do to work..I need to know where this place is as everbody I know lives downtown. I am Sure that is a worthy cause. I will see who I can call in my Book.

Cliff
04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
it's about 30 minutes outside downtown off of i20 EB

Cliff
04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
EMS DANCE PLANNING

DJ Procedures

Thanks for being with us for today’s dance. We want our kids – middle school kids—to have a good time but be appropriate in their behavior. We have to make sure that we give guidance in this area, since many have had none when it comes to a dance. You have a great influence on how students will respond to today’s dance and can assist us in teaching appropriate social behavior.

As part of our school procedures, here are our guidelines. We will require your assistance to make sure that they are followed.

1. Selection of songs. No song that has profanity, either actual or implied, will be played.

· If a song has two versions, an off-air version and an on-air version, NEITHER will be played. Students will hear the clean version but will be tempted to sing along using the off-air version.

· Selection should be diverse and broad-based to reflect our diverse student population.

· A mix of oldies and current tunes should be played.

2. Slam dancing, bumping, dance circles, doing the “Train,” or forming a conga line will not be permitted. Once you see this occurring, that particular song will be stopped and a new selection started. If you notice that a particular tune creates a disruption, then you will fade that one out and move on to the next.

3. The DJ will be set up and ready to perform by 3:45. No music will be played until the students are brought in to the dance and expectations discussed with them. School officials will need to use the DJ’s house mike to go over these expectations.

I understand these expectations and agree to follow these procedures while providing my DJ services to Edwards Middle School.

Date of dance: ___________________

Signature of DJ

EMS Sponsor

Cliff
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
alright i really really need someone

FrnkPwrs
04-12-2005, 02:39 AM
DJ Meatball